[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you listen to music while reading manga?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1445838110616.png (334 KB, 975x652) Image search: [Google]
1445838110616.png
334 KB, 975x652
Do you listen to music while reading manga?
>>
>>142511920
I listen to music 7/24 unless I'm watching anime.
>>
>>142512261

do you try and match it to the tone of the manga you're reading?
>>
>>142512261
>7/24

Fucking Euros.
>>
Sometimes I've listened to a song on repeat over and over again while reading manga, so whenever I listen to the song again I think of the manga. Happened to me with the Kawaisou ED and Ashita no Joe manga
>>
>>142512282
That's too much work, usually put Jazz or smooth electronic on so it can fit pretty much anything
>>
>>142511920
If I do I only listen to calm OSTs.
>>
Mostly catholic music.
You know, 16th century franco-flemish polyphony.
>>
>>142512452
Well I like listening to music so I can't help it.
>>
>>142513227
How do you pay attention to the manga while listening? Classical always draws my attention away from whatever I'm doing. Except Brahms' Hungarian Dances for some reason.
>>
Sometimes. I generally only listen to music when I do mindless tasks like cook dinner or exercise.
Otherwise, no. If I'm reading anything, I like to devote my full concentration towards it.

On a side note, I just got up to the current Ajin issue and man, it's pretty good. A little over the top and edgy, but it's not bad.
>>
>>142511920
If it happens to be playing at the time, which it usually isn't. I listen to music while browsing /a/ though.
>>
If it's a big manga I try to fit the music with the theme.
>>
Any good manga/track matches?
>>
>>142511920
Nope, because I can't help but focus my attention on the song and start humming rather than focusing on reading.
>>
>>142513312
I think it's the opposite for most people (and you probably know that you smug asshole). Most people can put on a majority of music, especially classical, and it sort of fades into the background, even if you are musically trained or inclined. Personally I have to listen to my music (be it chamber, post rock, or j-pop) eyes closed with focus for me to really feel like I'm enjoying a song.

If I listen while reading manga often the mood of a song will adversely affect the mood of whatever I'm reading. Nothing worse than something upbeat or intense playing while heavy melodrama plays out.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.