[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I will teach you two techniques >The first is a power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: King-Kai.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
King-Kai.jpg
108 KB, 1920x1080
>I will teach you two techniques
>The first is a power up that destroys your body every time you use it.
>The second is chi attack that requires you to stand still for 5 minutes in the middle of battle and really only works if you've got an entire planet's population giving you its energy.

King Kai is a fraud.
>>
>>142496665
By default, Goku is a magician because he made it real.
>>
>>142496665
>He then proceed to not teach these techniques to anyone else
>Even though they would incredible usefull to all the fighters who dont have access to a new powerups as the plot demands it
>>
>>142496665
Yet they saved Goku's and many others lives time and time again.
>>
>>142499748
Goku was not responsible for a single Spirit Bomb victory. All he did was fucking stand there with his hands in the air like he just don't care. All the while Vegeta, Piccolo, and friends are getting beaten to death to buy time. Or making speeches like Hercule. They did all of the hard work.
>>
>DBZ's writing is terrible and
>>142499678
>Constant retarded decisions made by every character

I honestly don't get how it became so big. It's just a really shitty story, plain and simple, with almost no interesting characters and not a single good villain. I guess we were all just that easily entertained as infants.
>>
>>142496665
>5 min
Don't you mean 5 weeks?
>>
>>142496665
Don't know about fraud, but yeah, when you are some kind of super god in charge of one side of the galaxy, you'd think your two best techniques wouldn't be double edge sword ones.

>You'll get a sweet power up
>BUT you might explode in the process
>You'll have a super duper energy attack
>BUT it takes fucking forever to charge up
>>
>>142500000
I wish villains had deals like that.
>>
>>142499902
NAMEK'S GOING TO EXPLODE IN
>F I V E
MINUTES
>>
Maybe the other fighters saw how useless the Kai-o ken was from afar and didn't bother learning it.

The spirit bomb could be special, maybe only goku pulls off learning it caus muh goodness.
>>
>>142496665
>Kaioken's natural synergy with God Ki
What if his "Realm King" Techniques are really just tuned to God Ki Frequency and that is why it tolled on the physical vessel?
>God Ki Spirit Bomb (Genkidama)
will this be the trump card to defeat the demon antagonist/"Black Goku" that Trunks is running away from?
>>
>knows one of the most haxxed techniques in the universe
>instant transmission
>proceeds not to teach Goku

GG King Kai
>>
>>142500559
Dub only.
>>
>>142500587
I meant to say filler. Whoops. Habit.
>>
>>142496665

>hi, i'm future king kai and i don't bother telling future trunks where new namek is so he can revive his friends
>>
>>142500559
That move would be more useful for Goku's allies who could match speed/escape/get dragonballs.
The midget could solar flare/teleport and cut villains up with his stupid frisbies.
>>
File: bale light.jpg (121 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
bale light.jpg
121 KB, 816x816
>>142500000
>>
>>142496665
>The first is a power up that destroys your body every time you use it.
>Implying kaioken ever backfired
>>
File: 1461352611306.jpg (57 KB, 496x552) Image search: [Google]
1461352611306.jpg
57 KB, 496x552
>>142499678
>Piccolo has a base power level comparable to Android Saga SSJ
>with Kaio-ken he would be able reach level of SSJ2 or even SSJ3 depending on multiplier
>regeneration hard-counters body damage
>he could've been relevant through entire Cell and Buu Sagas without any asspulls, fusions or new transformations
>>
He probably didn't think highly of the others ability to learn those techniques. Either that, or he didn't trust them at the time they were physically next to one another.
>>
>>142502391
his regeneration consumes a lot of Ki.
>>
It woudl be boring if his techniques didn't have downsides to them.
>>
>>142496665
Spirit Bomb only needed that charge up time against stupidly strong opponents, and needed everyone's support against a really really stupidly strong opponent long after it was thought to be obsolete.

Back when he first had it, a 10 second charge was all Goku figured he needed to beat Great Ape Vegeta.
>>
>>142502761
True, but if Goku was able to make Kaio-ken useful, then Piccolo with option to mitigate damage at some ki cost should make this technique even better.
Also Kaio-ken isn't as damaging as limb loss or hole in the chest and one can chose a multiplier appropriate for situation.

And inability to completely ignore downsides of Kaio-ken would actually be better form the writing standpoint, since Piccolo with KKx20 would probably be able to obliterate any DBZ character sans Vegito.
>>
>>142502391
Piccolo, in both personality and move set, is one of the most interesting characters in the series. He's actually competent, save for his initial hubris which leads to his undoing in his first fight with Goku. Even Toriyama has called him a favorite.

It's strange to me that Piccolo got sidelined in favor of Vegeta when he's a much more natural and interesting counterpoint to Goku.
>>
>>142499836
Who cares who worked the hardest? The point is to win the battle, you child.
>>
>>142503195
>>142502391
I could imagine piccolo mastering Kaio Ken body specific parts, like he makes his arm Kaio Ken x 200 super strong for a massive punch that completely destroys his arm but then just cuts it off and regenerates it. obviously he would only able to do it once or twice per fight it would at least keep him relevant as a glass cannon
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.