[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does anyone even like this show? The pacing is off, the characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: 46578787321123.jpg (24 KB, 215x321) Image search: [Google]
46578787321123.jpg
24 KB, 215x321
Why does anyone even like this show? The pacing is off, the characters are bland, the premise has more chromosomes than a short bus, has fanservice to make up for lack of plot or show faults, more edgy than /pol/, etc etc

If I wanted anime tiddies, I would just watch hentai.
>>
I like the visual style, and the setting.
>>
>>142396887
it's fun.
>>
>why does anyone even like a show I don't like? it's like everyone has their own opinions and shit fuck
>>
>>142396887
>The pacing is off,
Only for the middle arc. The first few episodes and the ending both have excellent pacing that hooks you in and feels like it's going somewhere fast.
>the characters are bland,
That's the dumbest complaint I've ever heard. At least try to make it not look like bait.
>the premise has more chromosomes than a short bus,
The premise is a classic shounen trope taken to a ridiculous extreme - to the point of self-awareness.
>has fanservice to make up for lack of plot or show faults,
Except that's not at all what it uses fanservice for. Fanservice is used as a literal plot device, and for comedic purposes, and for symbolic purposes. It's a deliberate part of the story.
>more edgy than /pol/,
Hardly. It's no more edgy than Code Geass, and half of the time it's clearly not being serious about it. KLK shows a mastery of tonal shifts between drama and comedy.
>etc etc
>implying you have anything else to complain about
>>
I enjoyed it.
>>
top-tier direction and visual style

made me laugh many times just due to the way camera works
>>
File: 1462908545347.png (188 KB, 378x525) Image search: [Google]
1462908545347.png
188 KB, 378x525
I thought the first 2 or 3 episodes were great. Put me on the hype train.

Then it became fucking boring for like 15 episodes in a row.
>>
File: what a story, gamagoori.png (37 KB, 166x196) Image search: [Google]
what a story, gamagoori.png
37 KB, 166x196
>>142397691
Good post.
>>
>>142396887
ok characters are bland? I hate highschool based shows, and yes this show is just a fan service fap fest, also the main character is edgy as fuck. But bland characters?! Do you even know what that means? the first episode had a kid running for his life down the stairs and every time he passed a window you see that ballgame freak laughing like a goon. Bland doesn't even discribe this show.
>>
File: 3x3afpi.jpg (215 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3x3afpi.jpg
215 KB, 600x600
>>142396887
kill la kill was great

it's not artsy not does it pretend to be

its just fun

and the soundtrack is baller
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.