[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I traveled to Mexico cause of an international exchange program
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: shit show.jpg (189 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
shit show.jpg
189 KB, 1024x768
So I traveled to Mexico cause of an international exchange program and seems mexicans like this old shit show. Some said the like it because of the cool fights and the great music.

And it just sounds like bullshit.

Watched the first 3 episodes and its not amusing at all. The music and fights are kind of lame IMO. Why do these 3rd world maggots have shit taste and put this mediocre show so high?
>>
subscribed
>>
Why would you choose Mexico as an international exchange? I live in Mexico myself and this shithole wouldn't even be my 20th option.
>>
Dude, Saint Seiya is one of the best classic shows out there. Seems the one with shit taste is you.

Consider killing yourself.
>>
One of the best osts ever
>>
Pegasus fantasy is bretty gud.
>>
>>142335821
Mexican detected
>>
Saint Seiya deserves all the praise it gets, but the fact is it's from the 80s and it's a shounen battle. If you have no problem with either, I would advise you to give it a try.

That being said, Latin Americans in general are huge nostalgiafags, so that's why they talk about this a lot.
>>
File: Saint-Seiya-Meiou-Shinwa-web.jpg (627 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Saint-Seiya-Meiou-Shinwa-web.jpg
627 KB, 1440x900
quite simply, you didn't grow up with it. you can't appreciate something if you don't relate to it.

maybe try Lost Canvas but you wont appreciate the weight of the characters actions if you didn't see the originals.

then again anything driven by nostalgia alone is bound to fail... just look at the mess that DBZ is today.
>>
>>142336673
>maybe try Lost Canvas but you wont appreciate the weight of the characters actions if you didn't see the originals
>Lost Canvas
Most Latin American hated it, because "muh bronze saints" and "muh 80s designs".
>>
>>142336673

DBZ is a fucking dissaster and elevens are making a fucking awful sequel.

However I enjoyed Future Trunks OVA cause of how grim it was for humans surviving the Androids. Now with the DB Super Future Trunks saga comming I just dont know what to think anymore. It will probably fail miserably but I have to watch it anyways.

Back to Saint Seiya, give it a try. The Golden Saint saga is one of the best things from the franchise, it was pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>142335325
Good dub that improves the characters, the same happened with Top Cat.
>>
>>142336803
Lost Canvas is legit better than the original though.

>>142336879
>grim

Edgy.
>>
The soundtrack was good. Compare it with the soundtrack of the Cgi movie done in the year 2014which was generic and forgetable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhiOxq7XBkY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wp5WFFxfns
The CGI movie on the other sidehad impressive animation but it was all style but nothing of substance, like Final Fantasy Advent Children:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Z0GFMjR5E
>>
Saint Seiya is pretty mediocre until the Sanctuary Arc, that's what people remember most.
>>
>>142335325
It's Bleach Soul Society arc precursor with constellations, with a neat 80's aesthetic, mythology, a great OST and sweet ass armors in the mix. What is not to like?
>>
>>142337110
No it isn't, it's great in the manga.

The anime however yes, it butchered the first arc, hell it butchered Ikki so hard it's not even funny.

People to this day still don't know the main characters are brothers.
>>
>>142337193
Yeah, I'm talking about the anime, I haven't read the mango so I don't say anything about it.
>>
File: degel10.jpg (58 KB, 884x574) Image search: [Google]
degel10.jpg
58 KB, 884x574
>>142336803

>Most Latin American hated it, because "muh bronze saints" and "muh 80s designs".

I thought the character designs looked fantastic and all the characters stories were well developed, I was cheering for all the saints. I cared for all of them and it got very emotional in some points. you can obviously tell this series were targeted towards a Japanese female demographic, personally why complain characters look great and the budget was well balanced. as far as I know Japan is barely turning their heads to listen to the west but it would still be childish to assume they will target something specifically to say for instance, america. we just barely got Space Dandy to happen.

>>142336879
i'd recommend gold saga then sanctuary, you can skip the rest if you want...

>>142337110
this.
>>
>>142337193
Dunno about the original or the english dub, but it was told that they were all brothers in both spanish dubs, dunno if they fixed or what.
>>
>>142336351
Also, many battle shounen have weak beginnings and don't really hit their stride until the second or third arc. Saint Seiya doesn't pick up until Ikki appears.
>>
>>142335325
We latinos love our families. 100 saint fuckers are Mitsumasa Kido's children
>>
File: Saint%20Seiya%20-%20012.jpg (281 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Saint%20Seiya%20-%20012.jpg
281 KB, 1600x1200
to clear any misconceptions it all boils down this this. with the limited selection of airing anime getting butchered by parent complains and the catholic church being annoying as usual, at the time every Saturday morning either you were either watching sailor moon and loved the girl power aspect of it or you were watching Saint Seiya which was almost the same thing but with buff guys who looked like lucha libre wrestlers with armors...

at the end most of it got cancelled and replaced by fisher price cartoons....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiS7GkuuHDU
>>
>>142337369
Except all of them being brothers never made it to the anime, why are you lying.
>>
>>142338990
to make them watch the dub
>>
Saint Seiya is one of the very few shounen battle in which the other protags aren't completely sidelined, the MC doesn't beat every single opponent (in fact, he cannot deal with several, and some other protag have to deal with the bad guy), and the MC isn't the strongest (though Seiya does get to beat the big bosses, but with help of the other protags).
>>
>>142336298
HE DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME!

HE MUST BE MEXICAN!

Please koroshimasu.
>>
>>142335325
>only watches moe shit
>thinks fanservice is good

Saint Seiya is a masterpiece just die faggot.
>>
>>142340720
>>142338017
>>142335800
>>142336803
>>142336934
>>142337293

>Look at me, mommy! I'm so radical and cool by insulting other people online on an anonymous forum!

I mean, i won't change your mind if you hate mexicans or any other etnicity, but can you at least consider the fact that most middle classed mexican students have better English education than most american schools and that most of them do not believe in reptilians and a flat earth like 76% of americans do?

4chan isn't even american, John.
>>
File: 1295387579851s.jpg (2 KB, 126x72) Image search: [Google]
1295387579851s.jpg
2 KB, 126x72
>>142341087
What?
>>
Your bait is so bad I'm not even going to reply to it. Please kill yourself.
>>
File: 1415443791791.jpg (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1415443791791.jpg
63 KB, 625x626
>>142341087
>>
>>142335325
I agree it's overrated because of nostalgia, even in this very thread. Even though I like it myself, I wouldn't objectively call it good. But how the fuck can you not like the glorious OST?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJyEwvOkCY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTMo_Fm9U28
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
>>142335325
It's, with DBZ and some others, one of the first televised anime in Latinamerica and many people grow up with them. I don't consider it good, but it's still a classic
>>
>>142335325
I see what you mean. It's definitely not my favorite show, but I see the appeal. It's pretty cool in a righteous macho kind of way, and I get why a culture that prides certain values like that would like it. The only thing I think Mexico likes more than SS would be DBZ, but that's almost a religion at this point.
>>
File: heh.png (279 KB, 632x897) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
279 KB, 632x897
>>142341157
b-but anon, you just did.
>>
>>142341914
>It's pretty cool in a righteous macho kind of way
I actually think it's pretty girly for a battle shonen, at least an 80's one.
>>
It's called nostalgia googles. You are supposed to watch it 20 years ago when you were 5 - 10 years old.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.