[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What in the FUCK is happening?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
What in the FUCK is happening?
>>
You're watching a meme movie.
>>
>>142247366
A mistake.
>>
>>142247366
>sea is red
>sky is blue
Explain this.
>>
>>142247826
Have Robots gone too far?
>>
>>142247366
You're watching the worst thing to happen to the Evangelion franchise.
>>
>tfw Anno reduced Asuka into a stack of fetishes
>>
Despite its plot and ugly cgi and everything that is shit, which is quite a lot, it's often really pretty.

I really love the red world and its contrast with the ever blue sky. I also liked the shot of the wunder in the red sea surrounded by ice and snow.

Admittedly most of my excitement comes from curiosity rather than really looking forward to it, but I really want to see 4.0. Until you come to me was a nice teaser.
>>
>>142248391
>reduced
>>
The CG is disgusting.
>>
>>142247826
Omae wa mou shindeiru!
>>
>>142247826
SYMBOLISM
>>
I've watched this movie several times and I still don't get why nips tolerate this.
>>
>>142249815
Like us, they like it the least. It's got poor ratings.
Not even a 25% on sites like rottentomatoes last I checked.
>>
>>142247366
Anno borrowed Trigger's stash of coke.
>>
I don't know I didn't hate it that much.
>set up rag tag group of former nerv trying to save the world from Gendo
>by the way this isn't their story it's Shinjis let's go watch him play the Piano

I like that Shinji was going full supervillain there about fixing his mistakes.
>>
>>142249896
>http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/evangelion_30_you_can_2013/
>Implying
>>
>>142248766
Nah, I liked 1.0 and 2.0; the new style didn't have the charm of the original series but it was really nice. 3.0 had a lot of CGI and IIRC, Misato and Ritsuko looked really weird.
>>
>>142252041

>they made Misato into Nemo

Literally mashing older works together and hoping it sells.
>>
File: bolivia1.jpg (209 KB, 1600x1063) Image search: [Google]
bolivia1.jpg
209 KB, 1600x1063
>>142247826
like in real life
>>
>>142247366
nice dubs by the way
>>
>>142252041
The cg in rebuilds 1 & 2 didn't really bother me much, but the cg in 3 stuck out in a way that just didn't work.
It's kind of annoying half the people who actually praise it do so only because they have no clue what the fuck is going on, and for them that's all eva is supposed to be about.
>le mindfuck
>>
>>142247826
Do you really need this explained?
The sky is blue because the short wavelength spectrum we perceive as blue is scattered the most in the atmosphere.
The sea is read because it's LCL, which is red in the rebuilds, instead of orange.
>>
>>142253657
>as blue is scattered the most in the atmosphere.
No, it's violet that's scattered the most in the visible range, blue comes after. You have to take into account this AND the human's eye greater sensitivity for blue than violet.
>>
I haven't watched Rebuild, but supposedly they cut down on the character development and the psycho-sexual themes and replace them with more action, which if true sort of defeats the fucking purpose of the franchise?
>>
File: 1463909847789.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463909847789.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
Anno fucking everything up

The movie feels specifically designed to annoy the fuck out of the viewer
>>
>>142247366
Anno went off his meds again.
>>
File: disgust.but also sadness.png (474 KB, 720x1000) Image search: [Google]
disgust.but also sadness.png
474 KB, 720x1000
>>142255040
It honestly wouldn't surprise me at all if it turned out this was the case.
>>
3 is without a doubt better than 1&2, which added nothing to the original story except for more waifu shit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.