[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did this series have a point beyond being grimdark and depressing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
So did this series have a point beyond being grimdark and depressing for grimdark and depressing sake?
>>
Shh, the Texh defense force will tear your limbs off if you badmouth their series.
>>
>>142172958
yeah
>>
>>142172958
no

Animators couldn't even stick to Abe's style that well
>>
>>142172958
I'm guessing that you didn't finish the series?
>>
Went to shit after yoshii's death
>>
>>142172958
This was the first anime I downloaded, and I still haven't watched it.

That's because it's bad right?
>>
>>142175446
Watch it, please. It's not bad, but it does get very depressing.

If you're looking for a light at the end of the tunnel, there isn't one.
>>
>>142172958
Sure, if you can learn to look at things without assuming the creator is always in the wrong. This is why we can't discuss anything about shows that have some other substance than cute girls.
>>
File: dwad1214.jpg (20 KB, 400x281) Image search: [Google]
dwad1214.jpg
20 KB, 400x281
>>142172958
Texhnolyze felt like a character study of an extremely lonely man. All of the other characters had some kind of baggage as well. The moment where the doctor mirrors the Hopper painting by deciding to end her life is one of my favorite anime moments of all time.

The music is also amazing, and if you haven't gone back and listened to the soundtrack then do yourself a favor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgoMU8WQguU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6N-kPyZ1c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTY_UKnXd50

Do I think Texhnolyze is Dostoevsky? No. But it did take a lot of chances and I appreciate the production team for that. It's not often you get a 20+ episode series that is as experimental as Texhnolyze. They had to know they were alienating so many viewers before going in. You don't see those kind of balls from many studios these days.

Maybe a lot of people dislike the series because of the slow pacing and obtuse plot, but I honestly watch anime for shit like this and I hope this stuff keeps coming.
>>
Texh is Lain done well
>>
>>142176234
They don't even cover the same material
>>
>>142175886
It's better this way, there's no point discussing something shallow retards in here won't understand. /a/ is just a shell of its former self, full of normalfags and retards shitposting left and right that are so painfully obvious from reddit and tumblr you might as well change /a/'s name to theirs. You can't expect these monkeys to appreciate something like Texhnolyze.
>>
did the mc and the scientist girl fuck?
>>
>>142178602
Yup, I just can't remember if it was on or off screen though, but definitely around that time where he was in her lab.
>>
>>142172958
It was boring. I had to force myself to finish it. I would not say it's bad because it's rather unique and 'experimental' but that's all it has going for it. Well, that and the ost is decent.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.