[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Akame ga Kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 25
File: Volume_1.png (3 MB, 1385x2000) Image search: [Google]
Volume_1.png
3 MB, 1385x2000
I love how 95% of the entire anime/manga community came to the realization that this manga is edgy, shallow SHIT and it just slowly faded away.

This is how we should treat all run of the mill/try-hard, garbage manga.
>>
>>142078527
Akame ga Kill is a mockery of asking for edge in a generic light-hearted shonen.

Its bad but I understand why it needed to exist.
>>
>>142078783
>Akame ga Kill is a mockery of asking for edge in a generic light-hearted shonen.

So it's self aware?
>>
God that abortion was an even bigger pile of shit than Freezing.
Don't know how anyone could read more than a volume of that legit utter crap.
>>
>>142078783
>mockery
I'm pretty sure everything was played completely straight including retarded shounen cliches like "Oh man I can only use this special ability once a day"
>>
>>142078861
Of course not, it's just bad through and through.
>>
>>142078527
Nah it's just that the anime spoiled the end.
> This is how we should treat all run of the mill/try-hard, garbage manga.
>we
>>
>>142079067
Mockeries can be played straight. As in Akame ga Kill is what retards asked for in generic shonen because they got assmad x character survived stupid shit.

Like how people ask for strong girls in fighting series because Naruto/DBZ lacks relevant ones and end up with Erza Scarlet.

Its probably monkey's paw shit more than a mockery.
>>
>>142079142
That there's a retarded mecha teigu and the generic MC becomes a Saint Seiya? I'm pretty surprised the hack author didn't at least change it up
>>
>>142079289
Tatsumi will probably become a giant dragon rather than Magnamon for no reason and Honest is using a different Teigu for Leone.
>>
I feel like one of the reasons nobody cares anymore (aside from just bad writing in general) is that the least interesting characters were the ones that lasted the longest. Leone is the only tolerable one left (Esdese was sort of fun, until the author dialed back on her sadism and played up her shitty romance with MC-kun).

>>142079221
This nails it.

>>142079289
I think the mecha teigu showed up in a recent chapter. I don't know I just skimmed a thread.
>>
>>142079142
What does that have to do with a manga being complete horse shit from the beginning? Are you retarded?
>>
>>142079221
It's not a mockery, it's a just a shit manga. Why are you trying to rationalize the god awful writing? Can't believe there are writers THAT bad? It's not considered one of the worst manga written for nothing ya know.
>>
It's a generic shonen battle manga with little to no rememberable characters other than potentially Esdesde.

It's literally THE most generic battle manga off the top of my head that I've read, except for maybe Rave Master
>>
>>142079142
Doubt it, I believe it was because the manga was simply shit and most came to realize that. It's literally one of the worst written series ever.
>>
>>142079598
It's Fairy Tail if you replace friendship with edge.
>>
>>142079598
This why World Trigger, Nanatsu no Taizai and Boku no Hero Academia are the only shonen I read in these days.
Although none of those series are perfect, the authors still do a notably better job than most, like fucking Black Clover for example.
>>
>>142078527
It's spin-off is even worse.
>>
>>142079535
All things have purposes, even shit.

AgK is made for people who wanted a body count in generic shonen. It ended up making people salty as backlash and it went too far.
>>
>>142079221
>it's merely PRETENDING to be bad

This is some avant garde apologism.
>>
>>142079868
There's a spin off? What's it even about?
>>
>>142079598
Honest and Seryu are less boring than Esdeath.

>>142079908
Medaka Box got away with it. So can AgK.

AgK is bad I'm aware but it exists because at some point we wished x character died when they asspulled themselves alive. Extreme edge is never the answer to Bleach/Fairy Tail/One Piece tier spinelessness towards character death
>>
>>142079993
That's not mocking anything, that's just "huh, I wish people could die for no reason like in real life," and then it's shit because that's a bad story.

Also, Medaka was shit.
>>
>>142079908
You didn't understand his post.
>>
>>142079993
>it exists because at some point we wished x character died when they asspulled themselves alive

Sure, but that isn't what a mockery is, nor a parody.
>>
>>142079875
>AgK is made for people who wanted a body count in generic shonen
>generic shonen
That's the problem. Nobody wants to read a generic series with a gimmick. They want to read a creative and interesting series with a gimmick.

>>142079972
Akame ga Kill Zero. It's prequel about when Akame was working for the empire. It's writing is about the same, but the art is messy as shit. One of the few decent things about the main series that the fight can sometimes look cool. In Zero the fights are a clusterfuck and impossible to follow. Admittedly I only read about a volume and a half in.
>>
>>142080123
Zero's writing gets insanely worse after the first volume.
>>
>>142080123
Alright guess I won't waste my time with it.
>>
>>142078527
Go back to your shitty anime forums, the 95% of /a/ love this.
>>
>>142080182
Give me some examples. And is Akame still a side character in her own origin story?
>>
Hey anons, where's your long running serialisation with an anime deal?
That's what I thought. Everyone says it's shit because it is yet it's not been cancelled so clearly someones buying it. They must be doing something right.
>>
>>142080431
>can you do better
>it's popular so it's good

It's pretty impressive how you managed to cram so much stupid into so small a space.
>>
>>142080508
>so it's good
I literally said it's shit. Do you have brain problems?
>>
>>142080614
>it's not been cancelled so clearly someones buying it. They must be doing something right.

Same shit, no matter you want to split hairs. You're defending it by saying it's popular, but popularity proves fuck all.
>>
>>142080431
Gangan Joker is an unpopular magazine that mostly publishes manga adaptations of LNs and VNs. I don't think it has much competition for manga original series. I think the only other semi-popular manga original series to come out of it were Inu x Boku SS and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia.
>>
>>142080650
All I'm saying is, given the choice I'd make something shit if it made me money too. You can't rag on a mangaka of all people for making something shit if it's selling.
>>
>>142080182
>Zero
You wanna explain to me why at a certain part of the manga where they're fighting an old woman or some shit the art suddenly looks like a storyboard?
>>
>>142080716
>You can't rag on a mangaka of all people for making something shit if it's selling.

Actually, we can.
>>
Don't be mad anon-kun
>>
File: 1395653736099.jpg (41 KB, 447x400) Image search: [Google]
1395653736099.jpg
41 KB, 447x400
>>142080231
>>
>>142080123
>>142080122
I don't mind gimmicks carrying a series.

You people just get assmad about something sticking to its guns regardless of being bad or not.

Not all things need to be creative.
>>
>>142080762
And the author will keep counting his money.
>>
>>142081994
Not him, but what the fuck is your point? People called it shit, and your response was "yeah, but it's popular." No one's saying it isn't moderately successful, they're saying it's shit. You're just throwing around an unrelated point as though it matters.
>>
Plot twiste: this all one person samefagging
>>
>>142079067
Thats to prevent Esdeath from being broken.
>>
>>142082387
Oh please if she were stabbed in the heart the author would pull something out of his ass like "Impressive but if my heart were to take fatal damage. Once a month my heart would automatically encase itself in ice to block the damage"
>>
>>142082262
But is your post that same person or not?
Is this one?
>>
File: 1456123186450.jpg (19 KB, 204x228) Image search: [Google]
1456123186450.jpg
19 KB, 204x228
I still can't get over that the manga is called Akame ga kill and Akame isn't the MC
Instead we get generic MMO anime dude
Not that Akame being MC would make it better but still.

The only good think about this was the asspull happening with the thread that got over 1700 replies
>>
>>142082602
It was originally going to be called Night Raid but the publisher said it was too boring, so we got this instead.
>>
>>142081994
And you will keep counting the ways your brain isn't working right.
>>
>>142082649
So the author decided to change it to the name of a side character?
That's fucking stupid
>>
>>142082735
It was probably the best he could come up with. Didn't some anons say AgK was originally meant to be a story designed for a VN? I mean fuck if that's true the guy better draw the 'what if' routes like Fate does just so every waifu could get their own happy ending. Yeah even pompadour for the fags.
>>
>>142083729
It definitely would have worked better as a VN, branching routes for Night Ride and Jaegers sides, some light combat as well. I wish it had been that instead.
>>
>>142084026
Yeah but usually, keyword usually, manga makes more money no? So he probably took that offer when it came up cause why not?

Honestly for all I care, they could do some time hax shenanigans like Re:Zero or more accurately like Tsuyokute New Saga and basically NG+ that shit, but of course shit hits the fan near the end cause he reset before reaching that point and had no idea how to deal with it.

Personally as someone who isn't remotely invested in the series, I don't mind the ensemble cast or how it affects the story. It's always been too much of a guilty pleasure thing to ever expect anything more, kinda like Fairy Tail.
>>
>>142078527
Fucking this
OP is fucking right and fuck you if you think otherwise
4 real
>>
It just can't compare in story quality to superior anime like Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan.
>>
File: 39719.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
39719.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
>>142078527
Written by the same guy as Yuki Ripoff. This says all you need to know.
>>
>>142086250
But YuYuYu was good, though that's more thanks to the brilliance of the Kishi+Uezu dream team than Hackahiro.
>>
>OP keep samefagging and bumping his thread despite nobody giving a shit about his opinion
>>
>>142078527
I still follow it just to see the end of this trainwreck.
>>
File: kyoukai_mitsuki_swimsuit_10.png (962 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kyoukai_mitsuki_swimsuit_10.png
962 KB, 1280x720
If AGK is the worst manga or even top 5 worst manga you've read then you ain't read shit.
>>
>>142078527
++++
>>
>>142087311
Nice upvote friend, what other subreddits do you subscribe to?
>>
>>142086336
I do.
>>
>>142086336
Is it hard to believe that multiple think this series is just shit? I mean, is it really?

There's no samefagging going on. We're just sharing thoughts on this trainwreck of a series.
>>
>>142078527
I don't care how shit this show/manga is (and it is shit), waiting around for spoilers and the reactions when we got them were good times on /a/. A few of those threads got near a thousand posts and I think if i remember correctly one or two did like when it saved Christmas.
>>
>Akame ga Kill, Freezing, Medaka Box are SHIT
THANK GOD someone has non-SHIT tastes. I seriously can't believe anyone would like reading those excrements. It's so nice to see someone that actually has standards.
>>
>>142082654
The winners of the world are those who profit.

The losers are forgotten.

>>142088283
Akame ga Kill, Freezing, and Medaka Box function for what they are. They could be worse, but not the bottom feeders of the universe
>>
>>142081882
I just hate it for the story elements. When people say:
> Oh, it is self aware! So it is actually good!
> It sticks to being bad, so technically, it delivers shit that no one should be eating! That means it is good! Mayoiga
I like to decide things within the medium. I won't consider generic series to be bad unless it manages to be good within an objective view of quality. The script has to be within reasonable bounds of having depth and/or a hero's journey. Most parody series are actually ineffective since it is something that maybe unrelatable to people who may not get it (Gintama) , that is why the parody should be something within bounds of relatable to everyday life. Otherwise, there is the case of not being able to understand it. Also, if you have a shit series that continues to be shit, that is not something to be excused. If the story quality is down the toilet and plunges further, that is not good since you keep piling the amount of bullshit. Having more and more bullshit is not excusable regardless of sticking to one thing no matter what. It only makes it worse if you pile it. Sticking to its premise has nothing to do with it since the overall quality continues to be terrible. You basically saying, "It stays bad throughout the entire story by continuing to deliver bull crap! That means this is good!"
>>
But, we can still spank it to Akame, right?
>>
>>142079380
I'm still fucking mad about Rabac. His death killed any investment I had left in the story.
>>
>>142088814
He was the only character that brought back a sense of life into the series. Even if the tonal shifts in AKG were terrible since there was no silver lining.
>>
>>142088814
He was easily the best boy and didn't need to die. Fuck the author. I thought he was safe after he killed those two in that ambush in the cathedral arc. I'm pissed I got played with here.
>>
>>142088283
>Medaka Box

It was interesting at the start, but quickly went to shit.
>>
OP once again confirmed for shit taste.
>>
>>142088900
You mean Mine, everybody dropped it when she left.
>>
>>142078527
I'm more surprised that people in murrica still buy tanks of it
>>
>>142078527
AgK isn't terrible but it isn't all that great either. It's okay, and has its ups and downs. I still see threads about it (such as this one), so it definitely hasn't faded away yet. OP is just a faggot.
>>
>>142078527
How is it edgy? Having gore isn't edgy.

I bet you're downloading some shit moe cartoon as we speak.
>>
>>142089054
What did expect from weaboos who like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead? Even I know that people don't understand the bull crap that it pulls from the stories.
>>
>>142089179
> Edgy
Is there even a meaning behind this? All I know is that Akame ga kill is a cheap attempt to be mature by pulling one-dimensional evil villains that are evil just for the sake of it.
>>
>>142078527
I love how the 95% of our community have come to the realization that this threads are made by the same redditor that been watching anime for less than a year.
>>
>>142085899
>superior anime
>sword meme online
Both are shit, one is just edgy shit.
>>
>>142080431
Smaller manga magazines usually don't go on cancelling sprees like the Jump does.
>>
>>142078527
This was much worse than Elfen Lied in both formats. Why are EL threads so booed and hissed at yet AgK threads get a pass without a problem?
>>
>>142086250
That one was boring but not terrible. Akame ga Kill is cringeworthy tripe.
>>
Hate everything about this series but I want to Fuck the shit out of Akame
>>
File: 2e12e2e9d5b8c9b02397444a4d542ed4.jpg (313 KB, 1280x2118) Image search: [Google]
2e12e2e9d5b8c9b02397444a4d542ed4.jpg
313 KB, 1280x2118
>>142091261
Her body is so delicious.
>>
>>142089179
>having gore isn'tedgy
The gore isn't why its called edgy.The most overused example of why it is called "edgy"is what happened to bols family gangraped on his grave by sadists and a pedo clown
>>142089263
Edgy is just another overused buzzword anon.
>>
The author is a complete hack.

I'm glad people finally see how SHIT of a writer he actually is.
>>
I really enjoyed this. The character were really well done and the series was not afraid to kill them.

The romance was cute too.
>>
>>142082602
>asspull
Which one?
>>
>>142078527
Akame ga Kill in its prime was so much hype, I still miss the threads.
>>
>>142089179
Edgy is overused in a lot of situations, but for Akame ga Kill, it is actually appropriate.

We have villains raping just for the sake of it and deaths for no reason.

It is the very definition of edgy.

>>142089054
I was at a comic book store that happened to sell manga too. Saw some emo kids buying Akame ga Kill, Naruto, and Fairy Tail.

Maybe that's the fanbase it has, a bunch of emos with shit taste in manga.
>>
>>142092514
>I was at a comic book store that happened to sell manga too.
You are so cool, mind to share your blog?
>>
>>142092514
>We have villains raping just for the sake of it

Well yeah that's usually how rape goes. Do you think 99% of rape cases occur because the offender is thinking "I'm gonna emotionally scar this bitch and get her to commit sudoku because I actually had bought tons of life insurance for her and will be set for life after" ???

Like, the fuck? You people are bending reality backwards just so you could make a case. AgK is edgy without a shadow of a doubt, but your example is shit with the way you portray it.

Why the fuck does a story always have to have every single action and event take place further the plot or character? Does the idea that doing so can look forced, unnatural, cliche, or generic ever occur to you? What if the author just wanted to create a story using a method that goes "Well this is what would probably happen" instead of "This would make my story look cool" yeah?

And don't tell me it has never happened. /a/ loves Record of Lodoss Wars, and that is literally a story based on a pen and paper D&D sessions where faggots decided everything with dice rolls, and more than 9/10 people on /a/ defend that series nearly as hard as they do LOGH. Not a single story today would ever allow an MC like Parn, hell I don't think a single anime ever has allowed a main character to REMAIN the main character yet lose every single boss fight in the series besides a random beast that has to be slain by someone else anyways and all he did was roll a 20 luck out and hit the dragon in the eye.
>>
>>142078527
It just got too popular and people started hating it. Meanwhile the next edgy shit like this
>>142082318 is becoming the new flavor of the month.
Then eventually it will get too popular and people will move into the next edgy drivel and applaud their "good taste".
>>
>>142093574
Most people are shitting on Goblin Slayer for being a bait and switch unlike AgK. The reasons are a tad different.
>>
>>142088814
yep. Killing Rabac off was simply retarded. it accomplished nothing but kill the series itself.
>>
Who else /WavexKuromehappyending/ here?
>>
>>142078527
Fuck all of y'all, I liked it. I took it for what it was and didn't try to play it off as anything else.
>>
>>142093537
I actually think we mix edgy with maturity.
>>
>>142078527
>95% of the entire anime/manga community came to the realization
[citation needed]
>>
File: 46878938.jpg (297 KB, 533x600) Image search: [Google]
46878938.jpg
297 KB, 533x600
>>142094410
You should prepare yourself for the worst case scenario because Takahiro a retard.
>>
>>142093771
It turns into the OP fantasy harem. Of course it turned to shit much faster.
>>
>>142094423
This, in the 3 years that I been following AkG, I have never ever heard anyone call it "mature". Except for faggots like OP.
>>
>>142092007
>The romance was cute too.
Which romance? The actual confirmed romance or the "I need to pretend I'm in a relationship with my overrated psycho cunt somehow so I might as well self-insert as the bland and incredibly generic boy she's for no good reason whatsoever ever in love with" romance?
>>
>>142094557
I'd call it "bloody," "edgy," and "neat" over mature. Mature would be more for something like Monster.
>>
>>142094547
Takahiro can't write a simple story properly.
>>
File: WaveKuro3.png (376 KB, 550x694) Image search: [Google]
WaveKuro3.png
376 KB, 550x694
>>142094410
Me. Strongly.
>>
>>142094557
>>142094602
You guys see my point here>>142094486
?
>>
>>142094633
No because I disagree with you.
>>
>>142094633
Or maturity with edgy. Bottom line is Akame ga kill is try-hard at maturity and edgy and doesn't even do that.
>>
>>142094410
These two are LITERALLY the only reasons why I'm still in game. Them and maybe the fact it will be over this year.
>>
>>142094656
Or we try to mix concepts of edgy or maturity, and we both know Akame ga kill fails in trying to achieve both of them.
>>
>>142094704
Once again: I disagree with you. It doesn't try to be mature. You're trying to say its mixing lemon and sugar and I'm telling you there's no lemon.
>>
>>142094555
I'm just saying that the complaints were not focused on the edginess at all. People wanted more goblin rape. No one was looking for anything but low-brow shit to begin with.

If anything AgK's only failure is not delivering those scenes on a more graphic level to satisfy people wanting that guilty pleasure. But since they didn't people on /a/ got emotionally invested cause the killing and shit wasn't consistently brutal.

If this was like a hentai doujin series or some shit nobody would be fucking complaining. Nobody.
>>
>>142094731
I meant there are times when people confuse the idea of mature with edge. Like calling Shingeki no Kyojin mature when it is not really that. And sometimes people confuse edge with mature. Like calling Berserk edgy when it is actually mature.
>>
>>142094610
The series had a solid start, a magic world full of magical and fantastic creatures, unexplored lands, different kind of cultures, and the most important part, the Teigus, that gave the series some kind of Mortal Kombat setting, without to mention the fucked up story behind focused on the capital, it was perfect, but at some point Takahiro just dropped the towel, the lands never were explored, we barely got glimpses of some other tribes, the danger beasts that was the main attraction of the show were left behind, so yeah, Takahiro can't write for shit, this guy remind me of Oh Great.
>>
>>142094745
Even if it was more graphic, it would still be trash since the story is still shit. It would be like the Game of Thrones. Only except it is shittier. And even I know Game of Thrones is pretty bad except the worldbuilding.
>>
>>142094784
And you'd still be wrong. Its not mature.
>>
>>142094847
I never said it wouldn't be trash anon. Just that no one would complain. You know, cause it'd just be trashy fap material.

Or are you saying Taimanin Asagi has intricate and complex story telling? All I said was if they went all out then at least people would be judging it with their dicks and not their brains, and thus everyone is satisfied.

What's so hard to grasp about that? You telling me Game of Thrones constantly has people like you making threads about it just to shit on it? That's fucked up to be honest.
>>
>>142078527
5% being the new shit eating Elfen Lied kids.

>>142093574
Chill out autismo, Akame ga Kill is legit awful shit, if you like it then I suggest you visit MAL or Gaia Online, plenty of underage there with the same shit taste as you.
>>
>>142094826
> Teigus
The retarded logic behind those weapons are the fact that they are all supposed to be really rare and yet, they are conveniently within the same place.
> Worldbuilding
Never went past it even though the potential for it could have been good.
> Lands
Fucking hell, Takahiro can't do this right.
> Perfect
Set ups are far from perfect unless it delivers.
> Beasts
The only monsters are the humans themselves. And not very well built ones.
That and Tatsumi had very little development and was too shallow.
>>
>>142093537
>Why the fuck does a story always have to have every single action and event take place further the plot or character? Does the idea that doing so can look forced, unnatural, cliche, or generic ever occur to you? What if the author just wanted to create a story using a method that goes "Well this is what would probably happen" instead of "This would make my story look cool" yeah?
That's shit in almost every case though I still haven't seen Lodoss. I don't care what would happen in actuality, you're telling a story here, your job is to decide things, not to let the laws of physics decide them.
>>
>>142094894
I never said Akame ga kill is mature. I said sometimes we mix up the concepts. And we don't even seem to know what edgy means or what maturity means. And Akame ga kill is not mature or even edgy from a certain view.
>>
>>142094924
I don't know that series but I am guessing it is a porn game. People like to think through instincts (dick) more often than thinking. Game of Thrones has problems with the villains (one-dimensional ones), no precautionary measures from plans, plot armor with animals, and plot holes within the realms of traveling.
>>
>>142095015
>The retarded logic behind those weapons are the fact that they are all supposed to be really rare and yet, they are conveniently within the same place.
Huh, aren't all the Teigus from the same land? Unless you point out the moment it was said they were scatter around the world, it doesn't even need an explanation why the two biggest forces in the land have them collected them for the war. And it's magic, ain't gotta explain shit, all the main Teigus have some kind of space shifter ability and were created by hunting legendary danger beasts(legendary danger beast arc never), and the secondary Teigus were created by the actual empire and just are based on regular technology, like super gloves, or super swords, etc, in its own world it make perfect sense.

>the rest
That's what i'm saying, he had the perfect setting, but he never deliver, I really was expecting some kind of travel saga after Shura talked about his experience with the unexplored lands, like some kind of foreshadowing, but it never happened, we never learn more about the legendary beasts or the old empire.

>The only monsters are the humans themselves. And not very well built ones.
Are you talking about the people at the capital? I don't know why, it's just people drown in power and pleasure, what kind of character development were you expecting from people like that? The villains were villains, nothing else, the interesting part was the rest of the characters, like the story of the 3 girls and the dog and how it ended.
>>
>>142094924
Game of Thrones is not all bad when I said here>>14209521. The worldbuilding aspects are great. Customs of the night's watch and the regions are wonderful. Tyrion has the power of persuasion (including being able to use greed of others to his advantage) and reasoning to where he is the best character. The rest of the characters are not as good as him. I don't know about Jon but there was some serious bullshit with him.
>>
I watched the anime and then dropped the manga.
>>
>>142095278
The fact that drowning in pleasure in that way and killing is just another way of victimizing the people and giving no sense of a redeeming aspect to villains (thus one dimensional). Evil for the sake of it.
>>
File: 009.jpg (229 KB, 730x1080) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
229 KB, 730x1080
>Watch the end of the anime
>Fucking giant robot teigu as final boss
>"That was fucking stupid, but hey, there's no way the manga will have that in the ending"

Why
>>
>>142095499

>not expecting the teiguzord in the manga

The PM being strong though is different.
>>
>>142095499

>watch and endure 5 episodes
>it's fucking terrible in every way
>"read teh manga it's better!1!"
>it's the same awful crap

What disability do MALkids have to read that shit?
>>
>>142078527
I thought it was good
>>
Leone best girl, right?
>>
>>142078527
You just realized that shippers will support any kind of garbage as long as they see a chance to get some of their fix.
>>
>>142097854
And no wonder you are a trip fag.
>>
>>142078527
Even with all it's flaws, I still find it rather entertaining to read.
>inb4 I like eating shit too anon
It's not shit, it's meh at the very least. I find it interesting to see how things will turn out, no matter how stupid it gets.
>>
>>142097854
Also, filthy plebeian.
>>
File: 1417476967698.jpg (222 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1417476967698.jpg
222 KB, 1280x720
>>142097933
In my heart and in my pants.
>>
>>142098361

>You'll never have a few drinks with Leone then go back to her place while she makes you her plaything in the bedroom
>>
File: 1418387604613.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1418387604613.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
>>142098421
>You'll never have a threesome with Leone and Akame
>>
>>142098575

You'd be crushed to death but it would be worth it.
>>
>>142098575

I wasn't aware Tatsumi was a Jewish name
>>
>>142079598
holy fucking this
>>
>>142098575

I wasn't aware Tatsumi was a Jewish name
>>
>>142078527
I dunno about the manga, but I enjoyed the AGK anime; it wasn't great by any means but I don't think it was as terrible as some of the people in this thread are making it out to be.

At the same time, I have to admit bias because Taku Iwasaki did the music for it and in point of fact was the reason I watched AGK in the first place. I might not have if they got someone else on the project for the music.
>>
>>142080123
>generic series with a gimmick
ln/wn audience does
>>
>>142078527
Dropped this shit so hard when it tried so hard to make me sad about a character that barely had any characterisation beyond "Hey, I'm gay, but not the faggot kind" or "Hey kid wanna /ss/"
>>
>>142098421
>leone will never mark you as her territory.
>>
>>142100850

>You'll never relax with Leone together in a sauna as you do lewd things
>>
>>142079065
Im just gonna stop you right there anon. Yeah AgK is a festering abomination that shoulda never happened. But it will NEVER be worse than freezing, EVER, nothing is gonna top the bullshittery that is Lim Dall-young and his fucking onee-san NTR fetish.
>>
>>142094423
I liked it too, at first. I got bored of it and stopped reading it around the same time there stopped being regular /a/ megathreads (I think it was around the time the general guy died?), but I'm not going to pretend like I didn't have fun while I was reading it.
>>
>>142078527
I know it's terrible and everyone that's left are shit but it's still my guilty pleasure + I just wanna see how it differs from the anime in the end
>>
>>142101113

Have to disagree with you there, anon. They're both sit, but AgK is worse sit.
>>
File: 89879.png (499 KB, 1024x886) Image search: [Google]
89879.png
499 KB, 1024x886
>>142097933
No.
>>
>>142089179
How is it anything but edgy? If you had to give an example for edgy it would be AgK.

Just because you like the shitty manga doesn't mean that words don't apply to it anymore, anon.
>>
>>142079221

The entire industry feels like it's guided by a monkeys paw pact
>>
>>142091093
Probably because Elfen Lied is from a time where people still tried to keep the cancer at bay.
>>
>>142079868
I enjoy it more than the original.
>>
File: 1463313841831.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1463313841831.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
>>142078527
I bet you're just butthurt that your favorite character died, grow up or watch Naruto or something.
>>
>>142078527
I'm pretty sure even back when those threads were big, anons thought it was edgy shit and just enjoyed it the same reason people enjoy manga like Fuuka. It's just for the ride.

I do think if this manga was published in a more adult oriented magazine rather than Gangan Joker and we got to see some of the graphic stuff it would be more enjoyable.
>>
>>142078527
The manga is pretty good tho.
>>
>>142104970
If you have low standards

>>142104732
I bet you think killing off characters automatically makes a story good, regardless of context and purpose.
>>
File: KuromeColored.jpg (184 KB, 866x900) Image search: [Google]
KuromeColored.jpg
184 KB, 866x900
>>142104251
Too bad Wave was in dense-mode when this happened. If only he was a man here...
>>
>>142078527
There used to be A TON of threads on here discussing the manga and the eventually the show every day....What happened?
For the record I think it was good up until Wild Hunt. After that it started to feel like a one-trick pony show if you know where I'm coming from.
>>
>>142078527
This is a perfectly honest, legit question but can anyone here give me an example of a manga in Akame's genre that does a better job of what Akame tried to do? I'm not a mature fag, I just dropped this after the Mine in a coma thing. The manga was feeling bland.
>>
File: a34dd.png (818 KB, 1024x1201) Image search: [Google]
a34dd.png
818 KB, 1024x1201
>>142105048
At least he's not dense anymore.
>>
>>142105017
I for once, enjoy seeing characters die, it is the only way for the story to progress without having a large confusing cast. It also breaks the stereotype of the immortal main characters. Akame ga Kill is innovative in many ways, the MC is not super OP, there is no highschool setting, there is no tournament arc, and it lacks most anime tropes which is a good thing in a increasingly homogenous anime market.
>>
File: Happy Ending.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Happy Ending.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
>>142105017
>killing off characters automatically makes a story good

I never understood this bullshit.

I remember when FMA: Brotherhood ended, a bunch of whiny 14 year olds(mostly on MAL) were complaining that the ending was too "happy" and "boring". Yet they praise garbage like Akame ga Kill for being "realistic" and gritty. Not every story has to have a dark or bittersweet ending to be considered good. Brotherhood had it's problems but the ending was at the very least satisfying.
>>
File: Baccano!.jpg (661 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Baccano!.jpg
661 KB, 1280x1024
>>142105327
>it is the only way for the story to progress without having a large confusing cast

Yes, because no other anime has ever managed to keep a large likable cast without turning into an edgefest and just start killing off characters for the sake of it. Pic very related.

>Akame ga Kill is innovative in many ways

Have you just recently started watching anime?
>>
>>142088373
Freezing actually isn't doing too hot sales wise, especially since comic Valkyrie lets people read it on the net for free. Not a lot of people in Japan actually like Freezing and most of the money comes from merch like figurines and posters. I'll excuse the others like Medaka Box and Akame but Lim Dall Young really is only successful because he hogs good artists, and spreads his work out over several series. I think he's doing like 3 simultaneously now. I think he actually focuses too much on developing his plot and too little on creating more interesting characters.
>>
>>142088373
I heard the VA for Kazuya in Freezing actually got bullied with death threats or something because Japanese fans didn't like his performance in Vibration?
>>
>>142105343
You're obviously mislead, FMA is actually the highest scored anime on MAL, which means most of those redditfags liked it. I never understood the appeal of FMA, I dropped at around episode 23 out of sheer boredom, nothing happens, we have Mustang purely to be edgy, we have the Elric brothers who are annoying and bitchy, and there's no actual alchemy, just magic powers. This piece of shit is an abomination, and I'm surprised it went on for sixty episodes.
>>
>>142079875
More like made for people who want an Anime that can be like game of thrones. It was a good set-up, but I expected something more than a one trick pony show.
>>
>>142105490
Wow, so you counter with Baccano, the ultimate edgefest, the reason so many characters exist is so that the author can find more ways to express his edgyness. I dropped at the first episode because it made me barf.
>>
>>142105568
Ok sure but whether Reddit likes it or not is irrelevant at least to me. Even when I know I hate stuff and it isn't working for me, I still power through the whole thing and finish before giving my opinion, and lo and behold my opinion sometimes changes for better or worse(I thought FMA was meh).

I score series on MAL based on pacing, animation budget, but mostly the writing (witty one-liners, wordplay) and intensity of the voice acting which is the lifeblood of a series for me.
>>
>>142088373
I would rank Freezing below Medaka Box and Akame just because it doesn't even have an edgy gimmick to sell itself on unlike the other two. Any threads about that series here are mostly just image threads. No real discussion because no one here cares(and the author being Korean doesn't help).
>>
File: Akame ga Edge.jpg (299 KB, 1280x2080) Image search: [Google]
Akame ga Edge.jpg
299 KB, 1280x2080
>>142105679
>reason so many characters exist is so that the author can find more ways to express his edgyness

You just perfectly described Akame ga Kill.

And Baccano! wasn't edgy at all. Do you even know what edgy means,or are you just throwing that word around like most retards on here do?
>>
File: AgKmanga.png (29 KB, 770x656) Image search: [Google]
AgKmanga.png
29 KB, 770x656
>>
File: 1359587988518.jpg (364 KB, 784x605) Image search: [Google]
1359587988518.jpg
364 KB, 784x605
I long for the times gone by when Akame ga Kill threads were fun.
>>
>>142106080
It's obviously not the authors intention for a character to be edgy if they die in two episodes. And Baccano is just incoherant garbage, it's like slice of life for preteens.
>>
>>142091261
>>142091399
She is so inferior compared to Esdeath anyway, anons.
>>
File: 9b3e5beae09106ecd32a574391b8e139.jpg (229 KB, 1280x1344) Image search: [Google]
9b3e5beae09106ecd32a574391b8e139.jpg
229 KB, 1280x1344
>>142106436
It's okay, anon. We won't judge you for your shit taste.
>>
File: 1460063323692.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1460063323692.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>everyone agreeing to like this show somehow
>OP still trying to shove his ideas down our throats.
Literally, you don't have anything better to do?
>>
>>142106552
>shit taste
That's what you should say about loving an emotionless character without any personality or development. The series is going to end and we still know next to nothing about what's going on in her head, except she loves meat and is a lesbo.
>>
>>142106701
>That's what you should say about loving an emotionless character without any personality or development.
Says the Esdeathfag. Oh, sweet, sweet irony.
>>
>>142079142
No it didnt
Anime was just filler. Most of the characters didnt die so theres no reason to expect the end to be the same
>>
>>142106431
>It's obviously not the authors intention for a character to be edgy if they die in two episodes

It's not the characters that are edgy, it's the entire story that is edgy. Baccano may be a complete mess of a story, but it's leagues more enjoyable than this garbage.

>>142106662
>everyone agreeing to like this show somehow

Are we reading the same thread? Everybody is absolutely shitting on this series except for one or two anons who are actually defending this garbage.
>>
>>142106754
>Not knowing Esdeath is the most complex character in the show
Like you didn't even read the manga.
>>
File: 1431624781655.png (702 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431624781655.png
702 KB, 1280x720
>>142106814
>Everybody is absolutely shitting on this series except for one or two anons
Oh my.
>>
>>142106939
>saying hilarious bullshits
>again
>>
>>142106939
I really hope you are just joking with this post of yours.
>>
File: Akame ga KILL! v08 c38 - 199.png (414 KB, 968x1400) Image search: [Google]
Akame ga KILL! v08 c38 - 199.png
414 KB, 968x1400
Akame was always edgy shallow shit, even the first chapter was just fucking awful.

I still read it mostly because I liked some of the characters though. At this point pretty much everyone fun is dead though so it's hard to care.
>>
>>142078527
I liked it still
>>
>>142106129
The coliseum was the best part.
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.