[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fate/Apocrypha (manga)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 38
File: 8.jpg (318 KB, 1946x1400) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
318 KB, 1946x1400
prologue was released, let's begin this new ride.

http://imgur.com/a/S218T
>>
>>142021061
How many times will Mordred get BTFO because she uses a C rank sword thanks to her incompetence?
>>
It's monthly or weekly release?
>>
>>142021310
same as prisma illya, both are published in the same magazine.
>>
File: 0944.jpg (120 KB, 385x545) Image search: [Google]
0944.jpg
120 KB, 385x545
Astolfo best (not) girl
>>
>>142021383
Is it literally the Fate Magazine? Cause that is a lot of fate
>>
>>142022159
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbqYJ9UZmc
>>
File: Kairi_Mordred.jpg (941 KB, 1150x1700) Image search: [Google]
Kairi_Mordred.jpg
941 KB, 1150x1700
>>142021257
0. She wins every fight. Kairi and her lost because he got poisened by Semiramis and she didn't want to take another Master and instead choose to smoke a last one with him.
>>
>Ototsugu Konoe was nervous about getting [Mordred] design right as she is part of the Saber series, he had an unexpectly satisflying feeling when he finished drawing her.

SHE LOOKS THE SAME, FUCKERS. WHAT AND WHERE WERE THEY EXPECTING TO FUCK UP?

EVERY MAINSTREAM SABER LOOKS THE EXACT SAME LOLI SHIT. FUCK THIS MAN.
>>
Trivia interview from Kinoko Nasu, Takeshi Takeuchi, Konoe Ototsugu & Yuichiro Higashide. (Source from Comptiq, Newtype and etc).

- The ligh novel was greenlit by Nasu, as supervisor, Higashide as writter and Konoe as illustrator art.
- David, St.George, Kintoki Sakata & Musashibo Benkei were scrapped by Kinoko Nasu’s idea.
- Nasu said these servants doesn’t fit the plot and replaced by four new servants instead.
- Chiron, Avicebron & Achilles was designed by Takeuchi & Nasu, illustrated by Konoe in charge the character design.
- Mordred was the culture of festival achievement thanks from TYPE MOON fanbase.
- Add Mordred in F/A was Takeuchi’s idea (DAMN…) and Nasu agreed.
- Mordred was orginally a male but Nasu feel add two younger male sort of out of place since Astolfo fit the bill.
- However, Mordred as a male was not Nasu claim the actual fact. In truth, Nasu didn’t decided for final Mordred’s gender since Fate/Stay Night until Fate/Apocrypha. Which mean Mordred was “genderless” in F/SN.
- During after the project of online game scrapped , Nasu said all servant are too ridiculous powerful and might bored off the player’s powerful servant facing other player’s powerful servant. It’s like a hax.
- The online game based of Infamous 2’s gameplay style.
- Nasu & Takeuchi were laughing about more Saber clone. In fact, Mordred is the real clone of Saber (Altria), so the wish has come true for those people who still saying Saber clone.
- Karna was Nasu’s favorite servant. Karna’s popularity has been skyrocket thanks to Fate/Extra CCC.
- Astolfo was Konoe’s favourite servant. He was symbol mascot of Fate/Apocrypha. Higashide can’t tell neither comfortable or not since Astolfo is dude.
- Yggdremillena, Sisigou & Kotomine Shirou was planned by Nasu, Takeuchi & Higashide.
>>
>>142022455
So even when she wins, she's still a loser.
Sounds like Mordred alright.
>>
>>142022966
- Higashide write all Sisigou, Reika & Black camp’s character development, while Homunculus, Kotomine Shirou & four new servants was already written development by Nasu.
- Nasu give a detail about Shirou is basically a character who look “light outside and darker inside” personality. Uncanny different trait from Kirei.
- Homunculus (Sieg) was Nasu & Takeuchi’s idea. Nasu wanted introduce male homunculus in Fate series for the first time.
- Takeuchi & Konoe said Homunculus looks cute but dense person.
- Takeuchi stated Homunculus & Jeanne d’Arc was his new favorite character, along with his waifu (Altria)
- Interviewer mention about why Takeuchi like Homunculus. He reply "It’s a secret" due it will trigger the spoiler. (Note: Since you guys already know relationship between Sieg and Jeanne. Just….look at his artwork of main heroine pair with main hero [Shirou x Saber, Mikiya x Ryougi Shiki, Tohno Shiki x Arcueid, that’s the trigger you looking for.)

- Jeanne was based of real student french girl according to Takeuchi. The student was same college where Takeuchi study, before he met someone as model of Arcueid Brunestud’s design from Tsukhime come to his mind.
- The difference between Altria & Jeanne is sex appeal. Which is already explain in TYPE MOON April Fool 2012, where Heroine X (Altria) in furious when she heard Jeanne’s sex appeal are better than her.

- Tsukihime was Higashide’s favorite visual novel.

- Nasu stated homunculus like Mordred can summoned as Heroic Spirit despite not human being.
- The rule of magecraft in Apocrypha universe was same from Fate/Stay Night & Fate/Zero except there is no rule of Ruler classes.
- Ruler’s duty is protect the Holy Grail and oversee the battle.
- Interviewer asked Nasu & Higashide about why Jeanne hijack Leticia’s body rather than ritual summon. Nasu stated it was something broke the rule of HGW and corrupted the system.
>>
>>142023002
- Nasu mention the first servant who hijack human body is Avenger, Angra Mainyu from Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. Who control Emiya Shirou’s body and mind since he has no body but void form. The theory come from Rin Tohsaka was correct.
- Roa from Tsukihime were also can hijack the human body (Ciel & Tohno SHIKI) but reincarnation soul while he was in Akasha.
- Nasu & Higashide admit it was silly idea in the first place. But he wanted Jeanne has disadvantages/weakness for herself due she was powerful servant and might kinda “boring” if she summoned as spirit form. (Avoid fan calling her a mary sue).
- Which mean any servant can hijack the human body while in critical condition but rarely.
- Karna’s background story has been altered than his original myth in Mahabrarat. That said, Karna is Nasu!Karna, not Myth!Karna we used to know.
- The rule of summoning Ruler is who can guide the war during in his/her past and a sainthood(?) as specific condition. Only one Ruler classes summoned in one war. The system works in Apocrypha universe only.
That said, St.George was remove because of this. Karna, however he refuse refer himself a saint and a killing machine who can kill God, summoned as Lancer classes instead.
- The Greater Grail force summon the servant as Ruler when met the condition completed.
- If Jeanne summoned in different universe without rules of Ruler, her classes is obviously as Saber. She still summoned as Ruler if the mishap of war affected the result in different universe.
- Jeanne was first mention in Kara no Kyoukai’s light novel reference: Mikiya Kokutou mentions her when he was discussing about Heroic Spirits who utilized the power of the Counter Force.
- While the design for Jeanne wasn’t made during the production of the Fate/Zero novels, the design was completed around the time of the anime adaptation.

Thank you for reading.
>>
>people on 4chan constantly shitpost about Apocrypha
>read it
>it's actually nice
Not 10/10 obviously but it's enjoyable and better than Fate/Zero but hey that's just my opinion.

Jeanne a best.
>>
File: Mordred.png (845 KB, 810x1000) Image search: [Google]
Mordred.png
845 KB, 810x1000
>>142022987
She was honestly the best part of Apocrypha with Kairi, all their scenes were great. I was ready to hate her because at first I thought she would be just another Saberface but I ended liking her the most.
>>
>>142023276
She makes peace with herself and her father at the end. Which is why she decided to stay with Kairi, who was more of a father-figure to her than her actual father. Pity that she probably forgot all of that when she returned to the Throne of Heroes.
>>
>>142023414
She didn't, she recalls everything when summoned in F/GO.
>>
>>142023414
Nasu actually retconned the Throne of Heroes thing, they do remember most of what happens iirc
>>
>>142025331
whaaaat ? what excuse got now?
>>
>>142025331
I thought it worked liked they write a book for each world and remember what they feel like remembering.
>>
>>142025331
source ?
>>
>>142025573
It's something between they feel like the previous summoning are dreams or memories which aren't really theirs and they remember everything because it was important to them.
>>
>Saber has one of the best Weapons of all Servants
>Constantly loses
>Mordred has a shit weapon made shittier by her lack of being a King
>Wins all her battles
Okay.
>>
>>142023002
>- Tsukihime was Higashide’s favorite visual novel.

Nice
>>
>>142025700
Fate.Grand Order.

Tamamo and Casko recognize each other, Archer isn't happy if he is near Gilgamesh or Cu, Jeanne thinks about Sieg's dragondick and more.
>>
>>142023035
Hey, thanks you for posting all that.
>>
>>142025331

For F/GO. Servants there remember things that would make no sense for them to know and take forms that can't exist without them having been through those experiences. They also can just pop up randomly without masters, and do so even without a purpose to fight for the grail. Because shits happening and it ain't no organized grail war.

>>142025653

That is mostly for EMIYA who can recall his instances a Counter Guardian in that manner. It probably works that way for the main 'body' of other servants on the throne as well, but since their servant-forms are custom pieced instances of a particular incarnation of a point in their life(though can be twisted by other factors) for the purpose of the Grail War, they don't get to bring knowledge of their other possible summonings. Or you'd have shit like the guy who knows this other dude is Cu Chulainn because 'I saw him in a war 25 years in the future'. Instead everyone just gets brain-fed knowledge they need to function to fight a Grail War in the era. Stuff like 'I never saw a car in my life, but I know that's one and I can drive it like a pro'. 'I'm from an era before Excalibur, and I've never seen it before, but I happen to know what it does and I can tell when I see it'.

Save for Arthuria, since her incarnation is directly taken from the point just before she died instead of the throne, so she had to be taken whole from that instance.
>>
>>142025865
Saber is a noob with a nuke. Mordred is a pro with a rusty old spoon.
>>
>>142021061
If this battle would actually happened, wouldn't Karna just BTFO'd everybody? Vasavi Shakti is practically nuke on steroids, so there's no chance of surviving that
>>
File: 1454805088339.jpg (13 KB, 271x277) Image search: [Google]
1454805088339.jpg
13 KB, 271x277
>>142021061
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
NOO!
fuck this! give me more Strange fake Chapter!!
>>
>>142026875
If Vlad is on LoD mode he could probably just dodge it. And Siegfried AoF should reduce the damage by a fair amount.
>>
File: 19117.jpg (96 KB, 653x196) Image search: [Google]
19117.jpg
96 KB, 653x196
> Those Jeanne eyes

Wait, the manga is drawn by Maoyu's manga artist?

Holy shit.
>>
>>142027069
the manga is drawn by Ishida Akira

https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=957
>>
>>142022718
>LOLI
Do you even know what this means.?
>>
File: Rider by Ishida Akira.jpg (1 MB, 2886x4098) Image search: [Google]
Rider by Ishida Akira.jpg
1 MB, 2886x4098
>>142026972
I'd like more of Strange Fake, but it's taking too long.

>>142027069
>>142027345
Indeed it's Akira. Those eyes...I can recognize them everywhere.

More Maoyu never.
>>
>>142027345
> he drew that doujin where Rin summons Gil

Well fuck.
Wish there was a continuation
>>
>>142021061
>Apocrypha
Where the fuck is my strange fake!
>>
>>142027449
>he drew that doujin where Rin summons Gil
link?
>>
File: 001.jpg (344 KB, 728x1040) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
344 KB, 728x1040
>>142027601
You should be able to find it yourself.
>>
>>142027709
arigatou
>>
>>142021061
The only good part of this fate is team mordred everything else is shit.
>>
>>142027709
>Caster Route
That saddens me, because I want that.
>>
>>142027949
Confirmed shit taste.
>>
>>142027949
>The only good part of this fate is astolfo everything else is shit.
fixed
>>
>>142028212
Fuck off, he was with Sieg the reason Apocrypha went to shit.
>>
>>142027949
>The only good part of this fate is team mordred everything else is shit.
everything is shit.
>>
File: 1449323477471.png (149 KB, 668x668) Image search: [Google]
1449323477471.png
149 KB, 668x668
>>142027562
This. Fuck Apocrypha I want strange fake.
>>
>>142025999
I think you may just be misunderstanding fanservice. And why wouldn't Casko and Tamamo recognize each other?
>>
>tfw you thought you were hot shit in the UBW anime threads because you read F/SN and F:HA and watched Carnival Phantasm

You guys are literally speaking a different language, what the fuck is even this thread.
>>
>>142028591
You merely adopted the Type Moon.
We Were Born in It. MOLDED by It.
>>
>>142028575
They do, and they want to kill each other. Tamamo also somehow remember Hakuno.
In the story chapter of London, Mordred remembers everything from Apocrypha and don't hold a grudge against Saber anymore.
>>
>>142022966
>- Add Mordred in F/A was Takeuchi’s idea (DAMN…) and Nasu agreed.
Who would have guessed.
>>
>>142028275
It went to shit when jeanne is having unnecessary romance with the homunculus.
>>
File: Xfpwwmh.jpg (164 KB, 973x1400) Image search: [Google]
Xfpwwmh.jpg
164 KB, 973x1400
>covering up Hassan with a text box
When will the bullying end?
>>
File: img110.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1060) Image search: [Google]
img110.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1060
>>
why did Ruler sided with the black team again?
>>
File: img111.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1068) Image search: [Google]
img111.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1068
>>142029152
>>
>>142029152
This is going to be good!
>>
Why did they make Vlad a Berserker in GO?
>>
>>142029272
To make up for his suckiness out of Romania.
>>
>>142029185
Because Shirou hijacked the war and was winning.
>>
>>142029185
Because it was the only way to stop Shiroufrom turning mankind into immortal vegetables.
>>
>>142027404
What's taking strange fake upcoming chapters so long?

Volume 1 and 2 is done for years.

I wanna see Herc vs Gil rematch.
>>
>>142021257
Blood Arthur is an A+ or A++ sword, and it isn't Caliburn.

However its ranked down because of her own issues at the moment she hasn't gotten over yet at this point in the story.

At the end of the story she gets over it a bit. The sword's natural ability is amplifying or strengthening, so it turns her feelings towards her father or anger into a mana blast by using her mana burst ability amplified.
>>
>>142026875

Karna was never able to go all out in Apocrypha until the very end because of insufficient mana supply. He also enjoys fighting other Servants on relatively even terms, like Siegfried, since both of them could tank each other's attacks.

Also, Shirou Kotomine wanted to save Karna's Noble Phantasms for later, since once he uses Vasavi Shakti, he loses his god tier armor that makes him damn near invincible.
>>
>>142030054
Don't ask me.

Either the mangaka has some difficulties (or not), or the translator team has some difficulties (or not).

Maybe the Apocrypha manga and the new chapter of Prisma will satiate the wait, but I agree with you on that. It takes too long at the moment.
>>
>>142030145
Says in his bio that Apocrypha was a story where he could show all of his power and ability normally. People saying he was half-baked until the end as a way of saying "Nah he's way stronger than this, he could only show his actual power if he was hooked to a holy grail and had infinite prana like Saber Alter, he's way way stronger" are really twisting things.

He was stronger near the end because he was hooked to a grail a bit, but that wasn't proper.
>>
Strange fakefags = bitter zerofags
gtfo on this thread now.
>>
>>142030282

A big deal is made about the fact that he can't even use Prana Burst for more than 10 seconds without exhausting his master. Using his offensive NPs would be even worse. Like it or not, he can't use the full extent of his abilities without reserve until Shirou hooks him up to the grail.
>>
>>142028717
>Mordred remembers everything from Apocrypha
Prove it.
>>
>>142030759
Fuck off back to /v/ or wherever you're from fag.
>>
>>142030197
I feel like they're holding on strange fake to force this apocrypha shit on us.
>>
>>142030814
>TRIGGERED
>>
>>142022966
BRAVO TAKEUCHI
>>
This series would have been a lot better without Shirou stealing all the Servants right at the start. That could have been a mid-story thing where the surviving Red Masters maybe team up with the Black side.
>>
>>142031404
Well, Kairi and Mordred effectively fight Shirou and Semiramis at the end.
>>
>>142031404

Would have required too many pages to introduce the Red Masters and give them all screentime for that.

It's a LN, not a real novel.
>>
>>142031587
They wasted pages on a fucking Twilight-tier romance between Jeanne and Sieg, I would've much prefered to be introduced to the red Masters and seeing Shirou stealing their Servants.
>>
>>142031666
>They wasted pages on a fucking Twilight-tier romance between Jeanne and Sieg
Thank God I thought I'm the only who was pissed off by this.
>>
>>142031773
I'm pretty sure it's generally agreed that the Sieg x Jeanne romance is the absolute worst part of the novel.
>>
>>142031773
They had a bunch of awesome/cool Servants and Master and they choose the worst three to focus on, I am still mad to this day.
>>
>>142031994

I honestly don't think Astolfo is that bad of a character, the issue is that he got stuck in a bad position with Jeanne and Sieg. When he was just the heroic ditz Rider for Team Black, he was pretty alright.
>>
>>142022455
>chooses to have a smoke and die with her master, who was essentially her father at this point

Mordred doesn't deserve this
>>
>>142032052

Ii might be biased because I really don't like traps, but I found his "cute and always playful/cheerful !" personality didn't fit the tone of the serie at all.
>>
>>142032185

It's accurate to the mythical source of the character, though.
>>
File: Mordred.jpg (64 KB, 450x606) Image search: [Google]
Mordred.jpg
64 KB, 450x606
>>142032133
She found in Kairi the father figure she never had, she was actually happy for maybe the first time of her life, I wouldn't say it was a bad end for her.
>>
>>142032200
Wwell him being a trap is not, he crossdressed once to cheer his friend, he wasn't known for wearing girly dress all the time. He is even voiced by Ookubo Rumi.
>>
>>142032250
It's like Illya in HF. She finally found the family and love she wanted/deserved, only to lose it right at the end.

Kairi could've kept Mordred around like Rin does Saber in UBW Good.
>>
>>142031773
only one*

Shit I type too fast
>>
>>142032335

Every hero gets a blank check for an appearance change in Fate, even ones that we have pictures for like Billy the Kid. I don't particularly mind it because there was at least an instance of Astolfo crossdressing in the source legend, not like King Arthur being a girl or whatever.
>>
>>142032511
I get pretty miffed when people pretend that Fate should be an homage to historical personalities and legendarily characters. It's pretty clear from the start that they complement the setting, it's not the other way around.
>>
>>142021061
Meh, give me a proper F/Extra manga.
>>
>>142031123
Apocrypha ain't so bad, but I really want to see Gil and his loli master/disciple doing some hijinks.
>>
>>142022966

Someone must stop this absolute mad man.
>>
>>142033321
No I want him to keep going
>>
>>142033129
there are 3 mangas of fate extra.

- Fate/Extra = status: finished, translation: dead
- Fate/Extra CCC = status: on going, translation: don't exist
- Fate/Extra CCC fox tail = status: on going, translation: on going
>>
>>142022455
wrong she lost againt chiron and semiramis until kairi saved her both died because of the poison
>>142025999
except nasu said in his blog that grand order is just a fanservice game
>>142031404
true but most master in apo are bland as fuck and sake of plot device worse than serial killer kun
>>142031773
no most people agree that the romance was bad even worse than shirou and saber

and the other problem is that they didn't like how sieg was a main char
>>
>>142032357
>Kairi could've kept Mordred around like Rin does Saber in UBW Good

Kairi was poisoned by Seminaris in the final, Mordred decided to stay with him in his last moments of life and then leave the world when her mana supply runs out.
>>
I hooe Sieg dies like a bitch so Jeanne can stop being shit.
>>
File: 460-461.jpg (2 MB, 2317x1700) Image search: [Google]
460-461.jpg
2 MB, 2317x1700
>>142037369
Sieg becomes a Dragon and take the great grail to the avalon.
>>
File: 000j.jpg (2 MB, 1155x1700) Image search: [Google]
000j.jpg
2 MB, 1155x1700
>>142037582
and for some reason, Sieg reunited with Jeanne in Avalon like in Last Episode.
>>
>>142029152
EVIL
C
A
T
>>
>>142037660
>>142037582
Fucking stupid
>>
>>142025331
Doesn't it happen since Stay Night? Like Saber's reaction when she knows Shirou's surname and his relation to Kerry.
>>
>>142023163
It goes completely to shit in the later volumes.
>>
>>142021257
Clarent was an A rank sword, but would've been better if she hadn't stolen it in her previous life
>>
>>142040102
I thought it was a B Rank Sword that got turned to a C.
My Mistake.
>>
>>142039507
that's because Saber is not a complete Servant.

read Fate route.
>>
You know what's funny?

Even though Jeanne shouldn't be summonable after Apocrypha due to leaving the Throne to join Sieg, she's still a prominent Servant in G/O.

Same with Saber, who should be living in Avalon forever, and not in the Throne.
>>
>>142040231
Isn't France chapter happens in the timeline when Jeanne still alive? And Saber haven't appear in story except in Fate/Zero collab event.

The rest is, duh, it's a gacha game.
>>
>>142040427

Jeanne is still gatcha-able as a normal Servant.
>>
>>142021061
Dammit no flat cat and Semiramis full design yet
>>
>>142040231
You act like this is a contradiction.

Her leaving the throne and finding Seig happened "eventually in the far far future", it didn't happen right away. She talks about Seig in Grand Order, but she hasn't reached the point in her journey where she's broken away yet in FGO. Its like Avalon in Fate route, it happens "eventually". Also the throne is outside of time, if you're in the throne you are always in the throne period. The end and the beginning are equal, which is why Archer trying to break out of the throne was stupid.

Also the throne observes all world-lines, so you know they have a second and third Joan observed within the throne already. There are multiple versions of the same people. All Joan leaving meant is that some small piece of the throne that didn't mean anything broke away, and it is replaceable.
>>
>>142037831

What makes her evil?

The fact that she's objectively the weakest Archer we've seen in the franchise so far?
>>
>>142040811
I dunno, I don't recall EMIYA doing anything other than making his past self less shit.
>>
>>142040811

She's not that weak. In a forest she's practically unmatched in archery, and she has a good Anti-Army NP as well as a very powerful self-buff NP that allows her to go toe-to-toe with melee Servants like Sabers and Lancers.
>>
>>142040835
Took 6 of Herc's lives
>>
>>142040612
Sieg technically goes to Avalon right away when the story concludes because he's now a Dragon.

in the novel Garden of Avalon says that all mythic beasts (fairies, dragons, etc) are sent to Avalon when the human race take control of the world.
>>
>>142040904
So could probably any Servant that Rin could have gotten.
HELL IF SHE HAD SABER SABER PROBABLY WOULD HAVE TAKEN ALL THEM. WITHOUT DYING
>>
>>142040904

Yeah I bet EMIYA could beat Atalanta in melee until she uses the Calydonian Boar NP, at which point the bets are off.

Also, she doesn't really have a way to counter Broken Phantasms, so if she comes into urban terrain where EMIYA is at his best, he might completely overpower her.
>>
File: fam_095.jpg (2 MB, 2126x2633) Image search: [Google]
fam_095.jpg
2 MB, 2126x2633
>>142040811
She was cursed by Jack and she transforms in Evil Cat.
>>
>>142040997
>having tits
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
File: fam_094.jpg (1 MB, 2127x2633) Image search: [Google]
fam_094.jpg
1 MB, 2127x2633
>>142040811
>>142040997
>>
>>142041023
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>142040997
>>142041053

Isn't that just Atalanta using the Boar hide NP?
>>
>>142040904
>>142040968
>>142040972
I will never not be salty that that fight happened off screen
>>
>>142040920
You're a bit mistaken; all magical beasts go to the other side of the world, and Avalon is just a very small part of the other side of the world. Avalon isn't the other side of the world itself, but just a small island there among many islands. Avalon itself doesn't house all magical beasts and that's not what it says in GoA, Avalon only has Merlin, a lot of flowers, and eventually Saber, but there aren't dragons and beasts. The other side of the world is the hidden phantasmal side of the world that's on a hidden layer of reality from our own where all magical beings stay.

You can remember that in F/SN one of the main purposes of the grail was to break into the other side of the world in order to acquire infinite prana. The grail in itself could not break into the root, but the infinite prana they would acheive from breaking into the forbidden side of the world would be enough to break into the root with ten years of additional research for how to apply it.

Ilya at the end of F/SN went to the other side of the world, and closed the door from the inside so that humans could never again use that particular path to open it again.

Also while Seig did go to the other side of the world immediately, Joan did not is the point. She spent countless ages trying to figure out how she would break away, and FGO took place between that time.
>>
>>142041173

It would have revealed too much about Archer too early if it had been shown, also, Nasu probably didn't really have a good idea on how to describe Archer beating a monster so much stronger and faster than himself not once or twice but six whole times in a row.
>>
>>142041173
Then pray for a Fate route remake after HF that ends with last episode.
>>
>>142041173
To be fair, there's absolutely no way to both do Archer justice and not completely spoil UBW (the RM) and parts of UBW (the route)
>>
>Hippolyta's Girdle is Anti Unit through Anti Fortress
>Alcides boasted that Gil wouldn't be able to defeat it unless he used Ea

What the fuck does that sash do, aside from massively buff the wearer to the point of punching people through mountains at supersonic speed?
>>
>>142041373
It's probably the girdle + his EX NP or something.
>>
>>142041232
>>142041238
>>142041256
You guys are correct, of course. I also remember enjoying the sense of mystery it gave Archer, looking back on it it was probably one of Nasu's better writing choices. Knowing what I know now thought the fight was fucking amazing and I would love to see it written out or maybe even animated instead of just basic speculation of what happened.
>>
I dont want this shit beside mordred and karna
Where is the strange fake
Why no one translating it
>>
>>142040811
I thought it was agreed that Emiya would be able to beat Robin Hood, but would lose to Atalanta, Chiron and Arjuna with each of them killing him with varying degrees of ease.
>>
>>142041173
we never really got to see any actual fights from archer where he was able to go all out. The only real fight he has on screen is against Cu, and Cu would probaly be his greatest counter.
>>
Is this Fate : Civil war?
Where is my damn F/SF?
>>
>>142041783

I honestly don't know about EMIYA vs. Atalanta or EMIYA vs. Chiron. Arjuna, of course. Robin Hood, of course.

EMIYA's actual ranged firepower with Broken Phantasms outclasses both Atalanta and Chiron, and he can probably beat both of them in a close quarters fight due to the advantage of having Noble Phantasm swords to work with, but Atalanta's mobility is way higher than his and if she uses the Calydonian Boar NP, she can probably outmatch him in CQC due to her massive stat boosts when using it. Her arrow spam NP is something EMIYA could survive with cover, deflecting arrows with a Broken Phantasm, or using Rho Aias, so that's not really a guaranteed victory.

Chiron has a lot of tricks up his sleeve and has about double the archery range that EMIYA has, and his better skills would allow him to outmaneuver EMIYA pretty reliably, and his NP would be an ideal surprise attack that would probably kill EMIYA, but he also has no real defense against something like Crane Wing Three Realm or Broken Phantasms.

Neither seem to be very certain matches. I'd say they depend a lot on the Masters involved and the terrain.
>>
>>142040997
>Atalanta has decent tits.

The sprites lied to me.
>>
>>142040154
I mean, I'm not sure. I heard it was an A, but it might be a C. I don't really remember
>>
File: Apocrypha material (English)-12.jpg (414 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
Apocrypha material (English)-12.jpg
414 KB, 1500x1096
>>142042169
>>
>>142042372
Would impregnate all of them expect annoying astolfo
>>
>>142041373
Why do you assume the sash is the reason heracles said that? It's his ex rank np instead.
>>
>>142041995
All of those depend on master differences, Robin would dominate him with an optimal or decent master to allow him to use his tactics freely.
>>
>>142042372
And Astolfo loses a lot, if not all, of his "appeal" naked.
>>
>>142042372
I can't still believe that Japanese whore has biggest tits.
>>
File: Apocrypha material (English)-3.jpg (509 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
Apocrypha material (English)-3.jpg
509 KB, 1500x1096
>>
Name a better qt.
>>
File: Apocrypha material (English)-4.jpg (529 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
Apocrypha material (English)-4.jpg
529 KB, 1500x1096
>>142042722
>>
File: Apocrypha material (English)-5.jpg (477 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
Apocrypha material (English)-5.jpg
477 KB, 1500x1096
>>142042765
>>
>>142021061
Really who the fuck cares, it's awful. It starts good and has a really good premise, then it just throws everything away.

>>142023163
It's bad.
>>
>>142042755
I want to pat her head, play with her ears and fluffy hair.
>>
File: Apocrypha material (English)-6.jpg (447 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
Apocrypha material (English)-6.jpg
447 KB, 1500x1096
>>142042809
>>
>>142042809
Nep nep!
>>
File: Apocrypha material (English)-7.jpg (475 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
Apocrypha material (English)-7.jpg
475 KB, 1500x1096
>>142042854
>>
File: Apocrypha material (English)-8.jpg (497 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
Apocrypha material (English)-8.jpg
497 KB, 1500x1096
>>142042893
>>
File: Apocrypha material (English)-9.jpg (529 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
Apocrypha material (English)-9.jpg
529 KB, 1500x1096
>>142042941
>>
>>142040811
>What makes her evil?
Nasu's retarded system where Gilgamesh is good but wants to kill everyone and Atalanta is bad because she wants to save kids.
>>
File: Apocrypha material (English)-10.jpg (429 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
Apocrypha material (English)-10.jpg
429 KB, 1500x1096
>>142042988
>>
File: Apocrypha material (English)-11.jpg (486 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
Apocrypha material (English)-11.jpg
486 KB, 1500x1096
>>142043029
>>
>>142042882
Anon, that Nep Nep has a dick.
>>
File: Apocrypha material (English)-13.jpg (473 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
Apocrypha material (English)-13.jpg
473 KB, 1500x1096
>>142043073
>>
>>142043014

Good and Evil just means whether your interests are to the benefit of mankind or not in the Nasuverse

Gil wants to Make Mankind Great Again and Atalanta made the mistake of trying to save literal psychopath children
>>
>>142043014
What was Gil's alignment again? Chaotic Good?

Is there anywhere I can check this shit that isn't the fate wiki, it rapes both my eyes and my computer
>>
>>142043116
>Gil wants to Make Mankind Great Again
Yeah, the Senator Armstrong Way, just with less Nanomachines and played less College Ball at some Cushy Ivy League School
>>
>>142043107
>That last bit
Yes please.
>>
>>142043197

Yes, he's Chaotic because he acted as an agent of rebellion against the social order of his day (Gods > humans) and Good because above
>>
>>142021061
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE
Isn't that the artist of MaoYuu??? Picked the fuck up.
>>
>>142042893
Strange fake ripper is the best desu
>>
>>142043401
But you can't fill SF Ripper with your seed as she mews underneath you and you pat her head afterwards
>>
>>142043116
Atalanta wants to have all children raised with care and love, which would mean no psycho brats if said wish is applied properly, which would also make mankind great again in the long run. Perhaps the manga and the novel could give a proper insight on how her personality meshes with her alignment. Because on wish alone she'd be neutral good at least.
>>
>>142043594

Atalanta's wish doesn't discriminate between the worthy and the unworthy, nor the good and the evil. It's the opposite of Gilgamesh's wish, which is to purge the unworthy and evil elements of mankind. Her wish would allow those elements to prosper, and possibly overcome what little goodness is still salvageable in mankind that Gil sees.
>>
>>142043583
Jack can be anyone and anything in strange fake
Do you know what it is means?
Yes
Thats mean i can fuck all women in this world
>>
>>142043896
I see Atalanta's wish as neutralizing those potential bad elements. There's a good reason why Gil gives Tine room to be a child and make the mistakes a child should make. No kid is worthy right off the bat. But eventually, once they are well-raised, those children will all grow into worthy adults.
>>
>>142044544

You can't cure mental illness, weakness, depravity, and evil with love. Lord knows, people have tried for eons. It sure didn't fix Kotomine, even though he was surrounded by love and care.

Tine isn't evil, she's a powerful magus with limited emotions, and she genuinely admires Gilgamesh. He can see that, and that's why he treats her with magnanimity. It does not mean that he would treat a whiny, weak, evil, or unworthy brat kindly, because he understands that not everyone can be saved through love (or even at all; see Kotomine).

Gilgamesh sees the majority of modern humankind as scum, and the majority was raised with love and care. Love and care are not sufficient to make everyone good people.
>>
>>142042988
>don't give her attention, she kills you
>give her attention, she goes defiant and kills you
What type of woman is that?
>>
File: MjuaRCa.jpg (111 KB, 636x848) Image search: [Google]
MjuaRCa.jpg
111 KB, 636x848
>>142021061
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8DNStF3TE

When you're in Romania and Bulgaria
>>
>>142044874

The most common kind.
>>
>>142043896
>>142044731
Gil, as I read it, is less interested in "good" humans instead of "bad" humans and more in "meaningful" humans instead of "replaceable" humans.
After all, his fuck-the-world plan wouldn't have purged sinners and spared the noble, it just would have killed fucking everyone but the luckiest and best. But in the resulting world, everybody would matter since there'd be so few people that everyone would matter.
>>
>>142045089

In the modern world, good and evil are basically meaningless due to the oversaturation of mankind. He does kind of care about right and wrong, but it varies depending on the era he is summoned according to Nasu. He becomes more evil in accordance with how evil the mankind of that era is.

It's a pretty big part of the reason that he wants to cleanse the world. Mankind is not only populous, but weak. It is not only weak, but the individual has become meaningless. The individual is not only meaningless, but the majority of people are genuinely scum. A shitton of things have gone wrong with humanity in his eyes.
>>
>>142044731
You can treat most of those mental ailments. And while someone like Kotomine can be hard, a good caretaker would keep them away from nasty influences and going off the deep end and teach them how to deal with them.
Love also means discipline and foresight amongst other virtues, while raising a kid, not just being a softie or pampering or coddling them and their potential vices. That's also part of the raised with care bit. See how kids are nowadays and tell me if there's real care in their upbringing.
>>
>>142045268

>You can treat most of those mental ailments.

Treatment does not solely consist of loving and nurturing. A lot of treatment requires the exact opposite of that, in fact.

>And while someone like Kotomine can be hard, a good caretaker would keep them away from nasty influences and going off the deep end and teach them how to deal with them.

His father did an amazing job raising him, but it didn't keep him from going on to be literally pure evil. Raising people with love and care will never be enough to purge humanity because people as adults are still free to make mistakes and be malicious or weak or just plain degenerate.

Shirou Kotomine's wish is something that would actually purify mankind of sin. Atalanta's is near-sighted and a kneejerk reaction.

>Love also means discipline and foresight amongst other virtues

No it doesn't

>See how kids are nowadays and tell me if there's real care in their upbringing.

I've seen kids raised by the most loving and careful parents ever and they've been some of the most terrible people I've ever met.
>>
>>142045089
Pretty much, he doesn't give a fuck about whether people are evil or not. He's just pissed that individuals aren't relevant anymore.
>>
>>142029121
That's the power of presence concealment.
>>
>>142045640
>…...It’s quiet.
>I’d imagined a more frightening place, a more hideous sight, but the core of the Moon Cell was surrounded by the quietude of night.
>Though it’s is far from cheery, neither is it dismal.
>If one looks at it in a certain way, it could even seem beautiful.

>“The beauty you speak of is that of a lifeless machine.
>Not the barest hint of life exists here.
>All elements here reject vital activity.
>“Throughout the ages, I have observed numerous disasters and human crimes.
>Even those deemed evil by you humans held some manner of emotion for humans, whether that was love for oneself, or hatred for others.
>However, this is different.”
>“This darkness is an exterminatory space that, while human, holds no human emotion. An utterly new bane of humanity that surpasses even All the World’s Evil.”

>Though I can’t sense anything at all, it seems that Gilgamesh is able to perceive the true nature of this darkness.
>Negativity. Curses. Cuts. Craters.
>None but such exist in this place.

Yeah, he'll accept both good and evil equally as long as they're fueled by love or ambition, or at least some human emotion. He accepts all things human, but what he hates is a cold meaningless cataclysm that has no emotion or life behind it.

He likes passion, he hates that listless sort of feeling modern humans have where they're living without meaning and just dying without ambition.
>>
>>142045505
>Treatment does not solely consist of loving and nurturing. A lot of treatment requires the exact opposite of that, in fact.
Outside of institutionalizing someone, which would be what most savy parents would do on extreme scenarios, I think I'm at a loss. Perhaps you could elaborate on this, if you don't mind?

>His father did an amazing job raising him, but it didn't keep him from going on to be literally pure evil
It gave him a moral compass that was good enough that let Kirei know that he was messed up. And it took someone like Gil to corrupt Kirei and make him act on what he knew was bad. Do keep in mind than in FGO's Zero Accel event, us killing Gil keeps Kirei sane and loyal to Tokiomi for good.

>Shirou Kotomine's wish is something that would actually purify mankind of sin. Atalanta's is near-sighted and a kneejerk reaction
Shirou's wish is just as childish as Kiritsugu's and I think is the kneejerk reaction. The "massive pecs in 5 secs" sham if you will. Atalanta's is the slow and steady road of going about it.

>No it doesn't
And I think it'd be wise to agree to disagree on this point. I see us arguing in circles otherwise.

>I've seen kids raised by the most loving and careful parents ever and they've been some of the most terrible people I've ever met.
Letting the exceptions taint the rule is not the way to go man. And if they turned out as bad as you say they did, then that means there were lots of things the parents could have done better.
>>
>>142046060
He'd probably like 4chan to some degree due to the nature of this site attracting people who are passionate about the things they like. He'd probably be mildly disappointed that these people don't act on their passions outside of this place though.
>>
>>142046187

>Perhaps you could elaborate on this,

To overcome minor mental illnesses, the patient has to save themselves. Love and nurturing can compensate for pain caused by illness, but they can also remove impetus from the individual to change themselves for the better for that same reason.

A severe disorder is beyond help regardless of the individual or upbringing.

>It gave him a moral compass that was good enough that let Kirei know that he was messed up

Which accomplished nothing.

> it took someone like Gil to corrupt Kirei and make him act on what he knew was bad

Kirei was an Executor for the Church. He was surrounded by suffering. It was only a matter of time until he came to understand that it invigorated him. Gilgamesh did not plant any seeds in Kirei. All he did was hasten their sprouting.

>killing Gil keeps Kirei sane and loyal to Tokiomi for good

Kirei was never sane from the start. That's your fundamental misunderstanding of him. He was always evil, he just didn't understand himself.

>And I think it'd be wise to agree to disagree on this point.

The 'love and care' Atalanta thinks about is a mother's love, which is unconditional and without reproach. It's the same love that Jack the Loli is seeking. It has nothing to do with any other virtues.

>Shirou's wish is just as childish as Kiritsugu's and I think is the kneejerk reaction.

Wrong. Shirou's wish does not attempt to end suffering without changing humanity like Kerry wanted. Shirou has an actual plan to execute his wish - even if it means humankind changes to become unrecognizable. Ruler acknowledges that it is a good plan and that it will definitely work. She just dislikes the idea of losing what it means to be human.

>that means there were lots of things the parents could have done better.

You have no actual basis for this. You are denying that there is any human nature other than what humans are raised to be, and that is simply fallacious to the extreme.
>>
I hope the manga drop the romance shit between ruler and that shitty homonculus.

What a fucking waste...
>>
>A severe disorder is beyond help regardless of the individual or upbringing
Neither you or I have enough background on mental sanitation to make such an absolute statement. Unless you want to outright deny that future breakthroughs will manage to find workarounds to what is considered nigh-impossible today, there is help, or there will be.

>Which accomplished nothing.
It kept him from resisting his urges for as long as he did up to the moment he got involved in the war and with Gil. And as seen in FGO, it would have kept said impulses on check for the foreseeable future.

>>142047007
>She just dislikes the idea of losing what it means to be human.
If they're no longer humans what's the point of it all?. There's no merit in being good if you can't even choose to not be evil and overcome it with your willpower even when the chance presents itself. Gil would just laugh at Shirou if not outright casually killing him on the spot for daring to think he has the right to change the human nature

>mother's love, which is unconditional and without reproach
>Without reproach
And this is where we disagree and see a circle.

>You have no actual basis for this
You're the one with no actual basis and denying the obvious. Hindsight and time will always sooner or later, allow them to see what they could have gone better. This is how we all learn.
> You are denying that there is any human nature other than what humans are raised to be
I'm not denying anything,. How a human is raised will determine how he deals with what's left of his life. Upbringing will always be part of human nature whether you like it or not. In the ends it's both nature and nurture that are part of this equation and the later can only help the former be better if applied properly. On your end though, you give way too much importance to the nature bit to the point of dismissing nurture's merits. It might not make things perfect immediately, but at least it would set things on a better path down the line.
>>
>>142047949
They won't drop it, to our regret. If it helps you feel better though, at least Type Moon knows people hated the Sieg subplot.
>>
>apocrypha manga thread
>anons want more strange fake chapters instead
Good.
>>
>>142048468
It's because we know Apocrypha will become hopeless shit. Strange Fake on the other hand shows untainted promise.
>>
>>142048343
Yeah fuck sieg he's much worse than shirou.
>>
>>142048534
I haven't even read Apocrypha and I know how bad it gets. Sometimes it even slips over and taints any Apoc servants that show up in GO for me.
>>
This is now a strange fake thread.

Can lionheart summon two excaliburs at the same time for dual wielding?
>>
>reminded Maou yuusha is over
>reminded sieg will show up here

JUST
>>
File: 1462071372138.jpg (196 KB, 470x1038) Image search: [Google]
1462071372138.jpg
196 KB, 470x1038
>>142048952
We'll all be fine as long as fucking Sieg doesn't ruin our rolls if he's not limited.
Just think of the fact that there will be people that will get him wasting their luck despite hating him and wanting someone else in the event he's a permanent addition to the gacha.
>>
>>142031587
Brah, Kawakami's stuff is bible tier thick and still growing and he's still considered a light novel author, Overlord and Youjo Senki books are big enough to kill people with and they're still considered light novels, all of these writers went full autist with their descriptions of shit, why the hell couldn't the apo writer do the same?
>>
>>142049067
If he can expect a downgrade in rank and power. And you have to remember that Excalibur is a sword meant to be used with both hands.
>>
>>142048343
When did they acknowledge that people hated it?
>>
>>142031587
Light Novel just means that it doesn't require you to go check a dictionary for kanji as much as hard novels require.
>>
File: Traps vs. Girl.jpg (224 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Traps vs. Girl.jpg
224 KB, 1600x1200
>>142042809

Goddamnit, it's true.
>>
>>142043347

Chaotic Neutral is a far better fit, even arguably in his hayday.

Rebelling against the Gods is typically bad, and he was a cunt to his people.
>>
>>142050808
>and he was a cunt to his people.

How much of his epic did you read, because it sounds like you only read the first part. CCC even confirms he eventually went back and became a good king at the end of his story, even though he's summoned in his haughty phase.

Story revolves around character development; start off sucking somehow, shit happens, and then you no longer suck.
>>
>>142026492
>>142025331
He didn't retcon it for FSN, but in FGO, the Grail System he uses is the one in Prototype so they do remember shit.
>>
>>142050808
>Chaotic Neutral
He's Chaotic Evil.
>>
>>142031404
What happened to the red masters?
>>
>>142051553
I think they all survived
>>
Not Apo related but a new Extella trailer came out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekP5QVcBmX0
>>
>>142051827
The first two, yeah ok.

But for fucks sake.
>>
File: 0804.jpg (53 KB, 385x545) Image search: [Google]
0804.jpg
53 KB, 385x545
>>142051866
You didn't expect Seiba to be in a FATE game? Like she ain't my favorite but I'd be surprised if she wasn't in.
>>
File: smug redman.png (248 KB, 652x624) Image search: [Google]
smug redman.png
248 KB, 652x624
>>142051827
Gee I wonder who that Saber could be
>>
>>142051765
how did shirou take control of their servants?
>>
File: 1435706653799.jpg (136 KB, 369x665) Image search: [Google]
1435706653799.jpg
136 KB, 369x665
I want to fuck Jeanne so badly, she's asking for it.
>>
File: 109205389238.png (550 KB, 1024x1513) Image search: [Google]
109205389238.png
550 KB, 1024x1513
>>142021061
>Apocrypha
>Strange Fake

Too much Fate shit.
I should stick to one, for now.
>>
>>142052458
Just stick strange fake all other fates are shit except zero
>>
Can Akira draw gory stuff?Cause I recall Jackie tearing someone's jaw off.
>>
>>142051936
Not in Extra! We already have ONE Saber clone in there!

And you know, other than F/GO, they've usually kept to a single Saber in any universe.
>>
>>142048343
>If it helps you feel better though, at least Type Moon knows people hated the Sieg subplot.

How ?
>>
File: img000005.png (232 KB, 751x288) Image search: [Google]
img000005.png
232 KB, 751x288
>>142046060
>Yeah, he'll accept both good and evil equally as long as they're fueled by love or ambition, or at least some human emotion. He accepts all things human,
Izaya rip-off

Also pic related to anyone that takes Gilgamesh seriously
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.