[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anime that desperately need a dub
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1329868130367056229.jpg (82 KB, 800x513) Image search: [Google]
1329868130367056229.jpg
82 KB, 800x513
anime that desperately need a dub
>>
>>141954756

>American cringe-inducing voice acting.
Might as well throw yourself off a cliff while you ask for something like that.
>>
>>141954832
you just say that because you don't understand japanese. it probably sounds bad to japs as well.
>>
>>141954868

You're right. Japanese voice acting can also go over the top and be plain bad. Especially with borrowed words.
I'm not saying it's better just because weeb mentality. It's more fitting as the original language; as it was intended to be.

Or maybe it's just that i'm used to low-key and unemotional dubbing from when i was younger.
>>
Hell Girl only got its first season dubbed. I would've liked Two Mirrors & Three Vessels to also gotten the dub treatment for anyone who enjoyed season 1 dubbed.
>>
>>141954756
none
>>
>>141954756
isn't it getting adapted
>>
They have licensed it so it will probably get a dub. But who know when it will get released
>>
>>141954756
Such a thing doesn't exist.
>>
>>141954756
A good german dub would be so good for this.
Now I know what this series is missing...
>>
>>141954756
It had a dub anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH_UalbaFmQ
>>
>>141954868
The difference is obvious when you compare English anime dubs to the voice work done on regular western animation. The anime localization industry is just bad and amateurish.
>>
>>141954832
UK dub or bust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q6AwrGUkQ
>>
>>141956948
It's already licensed to Sentai
>>
*German dub
>>
File: felix-april-maze.jpg (45 KB, 723x545) Image search: [Google]
felix-april-maze.jpg
45 KB, 723x545
>>141954756
>>
>>141960302
How good are Sentai dubs on average?
>>
>>141954832
Honestly Logh could be amazing dubbed, but the amount of cash needed to get the right voice actors would be neigh impossible to achieve, then you'ed have to deal with many tons of the most ideal actors being dead.

That said brien blessed as bittenfield would be amazing, and orson wells as Rubinski would be 10/10
>>
Which sub is typically regarded as the best for this? Anything better than CA?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.