[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some animes/mangas that start great but the more they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: attack-titan-promo-art.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
attack-titan-promo-art.jpg
275 KB, 1920x1080
What are some animes/mangas that start great but the more they develop the story, the worse it gets and they started fucking up what made the show great.

In my case it was Attack on Titan.

What I liked.
>New different concept about humanity being attacked creepy looking monsters.
>Humans have to become steampunk Spider-man in order to defeat those monsters.
>Its one of those with multiple and brutal death scenes like The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones but being a fucking anime!!
>There are a ton of mysteries! Why do the titans exist? What's up with that giant titan and armored titan that appeared and dissapeared out of nowhere???

Then I saw the anime

How it was ruined.

>Most characters are bland as hell so I don't care when they get killed.
>They push aside the steampunk Spider-man shit way too earlie when Eren learned how to turn into a titan.
>Which also ruins the mystery about the giant titan and armored titan. It was just a couple of dudes turned into titans, probably traitors.
>Seeing how humans turning into titans were part of some experiment by Erin's dad, chances are that the whole titans shit is an experiment that went wrong, somebody trying to get revenge on somebody, etc.
>Probably all the titans used to be regular humans or something really boring like that, I don't care at this point.

So everything that I liked about the concept of the show turned into shit, so its yet another ''I watch it for the fight scenes'' anime.

Like I used to think a lot of different things about those mysteries, now I'm just expecting cliches.
>>
>>141915617
Pretty much all of those that don't start as crap.
>>
bamp
>>
>>141915617
>>Which also ruins the mystery about the giant titan and armored titan. It was just a couple of dudes turned into titans, probably traitors.

As opposed to just being a couple of titans, probably titans?
>>
File: Vol1_Special_Poster.jpg (4 MB, 5792x3000) Image search: [Google]
Vol1_Special_Poster.jpg
4 MB, 5792x3000
>>141915617
still disappointed
>>
>>141915617
All of them
>>
Naruto once it became powerlevel bullshit
>>
Shiki.
When I started watching
>Oh shit, people are mysteriously dying, what could it be? Window spooks
Couple of episodes in
>Socially retarded vampires fighting socially retarded humans by suicide bombing each other and being as illogical as possible
>>
File: 1459373966528.jpg (20 KB, 292x292) Image search: [Google]
1459373966528.jpg
20 KB, 292x292
>>141915617
>What are some animes/mangas that start great but the more they develop the story, the worse it gets and they started fucking up what made the show great.

Pretty much 90% of the series I've ever touched.

>well this seems like a neat premise
>welp
>>
>>141917489
>watch ep1: this seems fun
>read vol 1:that time skip, can't wait to see it animated
>watch episode 2: wtf is this shit dropped
>>
>>141915617
>animes/mangas
>>
>>141915617
Mekakucity actors
The two episodes look promising, then nothing fucking happens and you get shitty CG flashbacks that don't even look like they're connected to the main story because the colors are completely different. You know the webm of the computer girl telling the guy he's a huge loser that browses chans all day? That's literally the only reason to watch that shit minus a neat hostage scene in the first few episodes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.