[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the anime industry experiencing a dearth in creativity? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1463801127261.jpg (230 KB, 1000x850) Image search: [Google]
1463801127261.jpg
230 KB, 1000x850
Is the anime industry experiencing a dearth in creativity? It feels like there hasn't been a truly groundbreaking title for a long time.
>>
>>141893431
What do you think the last groundbreaking title was, OP?

Respond carefully.
>>
>>141893494

Penguindrum?
>>
>>141893494
OP here.

From the New World. Yes it was based on an LN but it's still the last creative, genuinely good anime released.
>>
>>141893986
>based on an LN

Wrong. It's based on a NOVEL and there is a pretty critical distinction. Generally anime adaptations of novels like SSY and the Seikai series tend to be a cut above the LN drivel that is churned out by the dozen.
>>
>>141893986
Shin sekai yori was a novel anon, like one fully contained book from start to finish that was published and sold without any express intent on being adapted into an anime. Not like LNs where a teenage author can win a serialization based off some pitch he submitted to a contest all the while hoping to get an anime adaptation before he writes himself into the ground with every passing arc.
>>
>>141894099
Utsuro no Hako is an LN but that was fantastic.
>>
>>141893986
SSY was boring as fuck after the mysteries were gone and all the good things (read: world building) probably come from the novel. It has nothing to do with creativity in the anime industry.
>>
>>141893431
Stop fucking shitposting, and stop using the same image to do it.
>>
Hyouge Mono was the last masterpiece to be released
>>
people don't have the money, resources, time, or skilled staff to be groundbreaking
>>
I loved ping pong though
>>
2015 was fucking trash
>>
>>141893431
You grew up. It happens, just find another hobby.
>>
File: 1436281745037.png (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436281745037.png
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>141895354
>SSY was boring
I think you can easily dissect any series into disliking it, and while I'm not saying it's not something you should do, it's kind of irrelevant if your first impression was that you enjoyed it.

OP, I think you're just 'growing up', your standards change. The last anime I truly enjoyed was from 2013. Think about that for a second. Anime will always cater to the masses so that's what you should expect. There's no niche filling anime because those wouldn't sell. Also, lets ignore the fact that most anime are incomplete adaptations thus really not worth your time in the first place.
>>
>>141893431

It's more that you're growing old. We're all growing old, and growing jaded. We already know what to expect from most shows, and have a lower tolerance for bullshit.

It's like Gundam and the inexplicable pacifism message we get more and more often.
>>
When the GitS movie comes out, there will be a resurgence in mature, art-house, kino anime.
>>
>>141900021
2015 was garbage.
>>
>>141893431
This decade had lots of great shit: Panty and Stocking, Kyousou Giga, Penguindrum, Tatami Galaxy, Kill la Kill, JoJo, Hibike Euphonium or Japan Animator Expo.

Though besides Tatami and Expo I wouldn't really call any of those groundbreaking. Plus Kyousou Giga was probably the best directorial debut of this decade.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.