[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bring you a philosophicla question /a/. Why does anime make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: snapshot20100317234825.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20100317234825.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
I bring you a philosophicla question /a/. Why does anime make life look so easy, when in fact it's absolute dogshit?
>>
>>141777845
>>>/r9k/
>>
Get the fuck away from a big city, buy a dog, get 2-3 friends/ acquaintances to enjoy a beer with. Enjoy a chill life.

It's fun to watch cute girls having fun doing cute things, if you prefer 'suffering' there's plenty of anime for you to watch as well.
>>
>>141777845
Escapism sells. Japan has this weird thing for stories about people in their youth. If you've noticed, a lot of SoL have episodes that feel like they're based off a teenage girl's diary entries of days she hung out with friends. Light hearted fluff and sometimes exciting but not too extraordinary.

Pretty much young adults constitute most of japanese otaku and they really like taking glimpses at the youth they didn't get to experience or took for granted.
>>
>>141777845
>philosophicla
You dun GOOFED
>>
>>141777845
Because it's controlled. In reality, you can't "trip" and fall on an attractive middle/high school student's boobs, develop a relationship, and live happily ever after. You actually have to put in effort to even get the opportunity to do so.

You don't have a rich anonymous relative that will sponsor your life and let you live in their beach house during the Summer while your parents are no where to be found. You have to work in the hopes that you can afford that shit.

You don't have plot armor and friendship is not a super power.
>>
File: c9156c83.jpg (232 KB, 1474x737) Image search: [Google]
c9156c83.jpg
232 KB, 1474x737
>>141777845
Great thread, by the way. /a/ should be more like you.

I've always wondered this topic, ever since I got into anime. Most movies/dramas feature interesting plots or exciting things that happen in real life. Difference, or escape from real life is what most people expect from watching something like that.

Now as I come to think of it, that seems like the reason why anime is watched all along; people want to escape from tiring lives and want a vicarious satisfaction from the characters being so lucky/happy and all that.

The thing is, anime was made because people hate real life. Its the healing medicine people take to recharge themselves for living another day.
>>
File: 1450577835558.png (137 KB, 322x338) Image search: [Google]
1450577835558.png
137 KB, 322x338
>>141777845
Stop watching stupid unrealistic moe and sol shit than. Read or watch more realistic anime/manga that depicts how shit the world actually is like pic related.
>>
>>141777845
Because life in Japan really is this easy! I feel sorry for westerners for having a hard life but that is what they get for being multicultural.
>>
>>141780031
I'm in Japan, and believe me, it is not easy.
>>
>>141780303
What a coincidence, I'm also in Japan. Believe me, life is easy here.
>>
Because anime paints reality in bright colors.

You're supposed to suspend disbelief if you want to enjoy it
>>
If I wanted dogshit, I'd look at my own life. I watch anime because I don't want dogshit.
>>
>>141777845
Life is easy, you're the problem.
>>
>>141777845
I wish I had friends as warm, supportive and close as the Hidamari girls.
>>
>>141780303
Do anime girls really walk around in their school uniforms?
>>
>>141780543
Sailor uniforms are common, and most schools do have uniforms that look like anime, but the humans wearing them are not.
>>
Because if anyone wanted to be reminded of how shit life is, they'd just go outside.
Anime is for when you want to sit indoors and dream about a better existence.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.