[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are women so terrible in fighting anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 34
File: Ep215OrihimeProfile.png (662 KB, 925x635) Image search: [Google]
Ep215OrihimeProfile.png
662 KB, 925x635
You'd think in a fantasy setting you could see some hot women kicking ass.

But it never happens. It's just a bunch of incompetent dunderheads too useless to do anything.

It's always the men who end up rushing in to save the day as the women end up as little more than just damsels.

Not to mention their shitty emotional hangups, like for fucks sake, is this how women are in real life?

If I was a woman I'd be insulted that someone would portray my gender as just a useless pair of tits just waiting to be saved.
>>
Stop watching generic shonen then?
>>
>women
>fighting
Are you stupid?
>>
To answer your question, yes this is how women are in real life.

Though it is fantasy, so I agree they could make women do things they are utterly incapable of doing in real life, like handling their own problems.
>>
>>141633918
>Why are women so terrible in fighting anime?
Because you watch the wrong kind.
Your image is literally Bleach.
>But it never happens. It's just a bunch of incompetent dunderheads too useless to do anything.
Yeah, don't be surprised to get shit when you choose to watch shit.
>It's always the men who end up rushing in to save the day as the women end up as little more than just damsels.
Maybe watch something else?
>Not to mention their shitty emotional hangups, like for fucks sake, is this how women are in real life?
If you lack the ability to look for better anime & manga, I recommend >>>/wsr/.
>If I was a woman I'd be insulted that someone would portray my gender as just a useless pair of tits just waiting to be saved.
And then I'd redirect you to >>>/r9k/, you you can be glad not to be a useless woman being insulted on /a/.
>>
>>141633918
did you fucking watch bleach? plenty of times the female characters have pulled through
>>
Fairy Tail may be shit in a lot of ways, but it avoids this.
>>
File: Happy 404.jpg (16 KB, 288x184) Image search: [Google]
Happy 404.jpg
16 KB, 288x184
>>141633918
There's Fairy Tail but the strongest girl is everything wrong with Yugi, Judai, Yusei, and Kirito put together
>>
File: tumblr_mt9v3dxy2J1r0wvjbo1_500.png (106 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt9v3dxy2J1r0wvjbo1_500.png
106 KB, 500x500
literally the franchise you posted an image from has dozens of women who are badasses and fight.
>>
File: Majikoi.jpg (172 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Majikoi.jpg
172 KB, 500x375
>>141633918
Cause you are watching the wrong series, dumb faggot who needs to lurk more. Here's but one example of hot women kicking ass.
>>
File: Fuko_Shinryu_Shinto.jpg (192 KB, 425x710) Image search: [Google]
Fuko_Shinryu_Shinto.jpg
192 KB, 425x710
Because you haven't read Flame of Recca yet.

so yeah get on that.
>>
>>141634200
Soifon lost more fights than she won, though.
>>
>>141634904

she ever get her arm back?
>>
>>141634962
Are you fucking blind? >>141634200
>>
>>141633918
Women in anime in general are shit. Fucking waifushit.

Anyway Olivier Mira Armstrong would like to talk to you.
>>
>>141633918
Ever watched black lagoon?
>>
>>141635149
>>141633918

Or Ghost in the Shell?
>>
>>141635041

I don't fucking remember from what chapter every panel is from you ass. That could have been from before she lost it for all I know I haven't been reading in ages
>>
>>141633918
>>>/tumblr/

fuck right off
>>
>>141633918
Watch more anime, retard.
Also you did well to ignore all the strong women from your OP pic. It's better for bait purposes.
Rescue arc aren't just about saving women either. There are mangas that spends 500 chapters on saving a man.
>>
>>141635567
>mangas
Woops, sorry about that..
>>
>>141633939
This.

These shows pander to an audience.
>>
>>141633918
Look at this beta loser and laugh.
>>
>>141633918
Now I'm not one to defend Bleach but to be fair pretty much all the females apart from Orihime are competent fighters.
>>
>>141633918

>who is the first kenpachi

Mongoloid.
>>
>>141638231
But she died from being stabbed. How the fuck is it possible to die from a stab wound in Bleach?
>>
>>141638596
its a ghost samurai manga. how else are they supposed to die?
>>
>>141638596
she got stabbed by kenpachi tho. . .
>>
File: kagome1.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kagome1.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>141633918
You're watching the wrong shounen then. Kagome kicks ass.
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (7 KB, 303x167) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.jpg
7 KB, 303x167
>>
>>141638770
not as much as Kikyo. Kukome
>>
>>141633918
The hard truth? A lot of these shows are aimed at boys.

The harder truth? Yeah, Japan has a sexism problem. Shock of shocks. And I don't mean some SJW "manspreading" parody of sexism, I mean a lot of anime writers and mangaka are pretty damn sexist.

But also, you really need to watch more anime, because seriously, there are tons more than you give anime credit for.
>>
>>141639175
>>>/tumblr/
>>
File: Balsa.full.368603.jpg (446 KB, 1400x942) Image search: [Google]
Balsa.full.368603.jpg
446 KB, 1400x942
>>
>>141639189
Watch Death Note (or don't, if I'm sick of it you probably are too) and tell me the author of that isn't sexist in a way you'd never see any writer dare in America.

I'd say in some ways the Nips are 20 years behind socially.

In other words, watch out for Japan's tumblerinas in 2036. It's gonna be painful.
>>
>>141639290
Fuck off.
>>
>>141639307
No.

After all, and I'm no longer talking to that person above, what I'm talking about is what this thread's all about. Things are getting better, and there are really interesting female characters these days, even in some fighting anime, but a lot of the big, super popular ones still fail in that regard. Naruto was shit the way the OP thinks Bleach is shit. One Piece has what, two women who are recurring characters? I've stopped paying attention.

Even when women are violent and capable, many of the series are things where they're sequestered off into a story specifically about women, not in a mixed group. And how many anime have we all seen where a woman's power and interest is so intrinsically connected to her sex appeal towards men that there's really little else about her?

Again, there's a ton of good ones, and a lot of the examples in this thread so far are perfectly what OP is looking for.

That said, it's certainly a problem if you actually LIKE capable women, that so many of the most popular shows fail to provide them, or even if they do provide them, don't let them do anything.
>>
>>141639397
Seriously go back to tumblr. You're not even hiding it at this point.
>>
>>141639419
Never been there, actually. I thought the problem people had with tumblrinas was about ridiculous demands, getting triggered by a gentle breeze, and ranting SJW's who want to censor the world because it's not to their taste, like they're this generation manifestation of busybody uptight bitches with nothing better to do than try to silence the rest of the world that doesn't fit their delicate sensibilities.

Didn't realize the problem was "hey, look, sexism exists somewhere in the world in some manner, maybe that's a reason why you see a lower proportion of badass women than you want to see!"

If that latter thing really seems like some unpleasant viewpoint to you, then I'm at a loss, and can only suggest you go stick a flare up your ass, light it, and save yourself a universe of suffering because it looks like you're the one who's triggered by a gentle breeze.
>>
>>141639517
It's because you care so much about the female portrayal in fiction like anime. You're actively seeking out the western definition of what is a "capable woman" and calling it better then how it used to be i.e. "progressive".

You're a nut either way. Fuck off.
>>
>>141639175
Gauging a woman's worth by physical strength is fucking stupid, even from a feminist's perspective. Women aren't that strong in real life so it's retarded to use it as the measuring stick for what makes a person worthwhile, it's just shooting yourself in the foot even though it's not that big of a flaw in the first place. Strong women are ubiquitous in anime (OP is clearly new), they are nothing special and it does not make them good female characters.

The real problem is that women are always women first and characters second. Writers need to be more willing to write and draw women who lack sex/romantic appeal, and not always water down their personalities and amp up their looks to placate otaku. Mary Sues aren't helpful, the real feminist move would be to write flawed women nobody wants to waifu up or fap to and still have them be relevant characters.
>>
>>141639595
No.

Just because people believing women are people triggers you doesn't mean I'm going to stop. Because like I've implied, I don't actually care about offending sensitive little flowers.
>>
>>141639714
>Just because people believing women are people triggers you
I never said or implied this. You are literally crazy.
>>
>>141639703
Fully agree with your second paragraph.
>>
>>141639703
Anime doesn't need to be art or political. Entertainment doesn't need to be anything other than enjoyable for the audience.

The best thing is to let the creators do whatever they want.
>>
>>141639703
Thats not how it works anon.
]spoiler]If they are female, someone will fap to them.[/spoiler]
>>
>>141639739
Not crazy, just trolling a shitposter who's axiomatically opposed to anything I say anyway.

I had said nothing particularly progressive or offensive. If you're opposed to a western definition of what a capable woman is, and remember you specifically told me to fuck off because I seemed to hold to such a view, then what is there exactly to say?

Do you really think some sort of rational dialogue could happen here? Talking to each other with respect like we're human beings, capable of hashing out our differences and come to some sort of accord and maybe even improve each other by finding points of commonality in our perspectives?

I sincerely doubt you're interested in actually talking to me, so why shouldn't I fuck with you?
>>
There is nothing sexist about japanese society.
Its more equal than the so called american and european gender equality.
In the west women bitch about superhero movies and cartoons not pandering to them, in japan they make it themselves, and have been doing it for decades.
>>
>>141639769
Well that's only what I think when it comes to series that are supposed to be taken somewhat seriously in regards to characterization. There's plenty of room in anime for pure shallow entertainment, it's not like I think harems need to start including ugly girls or anything.
>>
>>141639831
I said you're crazy for seeking it out in fictions and thinking it was better. Like a moralfag. Stop acting like you're not one.
>>
File: 1455958827528.jpg (51 KB, 540x513) Image search: [Google]
1455958827528.jpg
51 KB, 540x513
>>141633918
what the fuck with this Thread and all the dumb ass replies

in Bleach literally every girl is kicking ass just as mach as if they were male EXCEPT Inoue, and that's the case with every shounen, there is usually some damsel character but except her every other girl is just as strong as if they were male, not even caring about realism.

>but there aren't AS many females/ the main protag/antigonist who are the strongest aren't females
what the fuck do you except from a fighting setting? Male phisique fits more a fighter concept, it's obvious to usually see more male fighters than females.
>>
File: what's going on here.jpg (126 KB, 540x700) Image search: [Google]
what's going on here.jpg
126 KB, 540x700
grabs popcorn
>>
>>141639880
Let's be clear, what I did was talk to OP about some of the deal with anime. If I'm crazy for looking at fiction and noting trends, such as how the sexes are treated, then I dunno what to tell you, I'm mad as a hatter.

Obviously Japan is such a different culture that Western mores of sexuality and the balance between the sexes don't match up, and I'll certainly agree that there's nothing intrinsically better about Western viewpoints on the matter, in fact a lot of them are harmful as hell, even the well-meaning ones, but still I'm going to notice it when a particular writer treats women particularly different than men, even when it makes no sense to the narrative.
>>
>>141640015
But how is it sexist? I hope you understand that men and women are different and to think otherwise is ideological. There is no actual problem but you still want to fix it.
>>
>>141640107
We're specifically talking about action fantasy stories with superpowers, where nobody actually follows the rules of physics. Take One Punch Man for example. Physics are that world's bitch. There's tons of superheroes, people who have gained power and inhuman abilities through, basically, will of mind.

Yet in the first season we saw one singular female hero? If we were talking about goddamn firefighters I'd understand it, if this was a boxing show I'd expect no women to be in the men's league because of the same reasons in reality, but in fantasy, the only reason for women to not have super powers (outside a literal, you know, story reason) is because the author focused on writing men, or forgot about women entirely, or just didn't think about it, or who knows what.

I'm not even saying any particular example, even One Punch Man, is bad because of it. It just seems silly to not have women with ridiculous super powers... which leads back to the other important part of my original post, which was agreeing with a lot of people in this thread that the OP has exaggerated the problem anyway, and there are tons of women with cool fight scenes who hold their own.
>>
>>141633918
Because shonen authors are sexist. That's the hard truth.
>>
>>141633918
Did you forget she blocked an attack from Ywach, the guy who killed captain commander in one slash?
>>
File: Cute girls can't be smart.png (351 KB, 785x1150) Image search: [Google]
Cute girls can't be smart.png
351 KB, 785x1150
>>141640280
Pretty much
>>
>>141633918
Read Jojo part 6
>>
>>141633918
Gintama
>>
File: laughing PSs.jpg (49 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
laughing PSs.jpg
49 KB, 720x480
>>141633918

>What is Ghost Hunter Mikami
>What is Rose of Versailles
>What is Cat's Eyes
>What is Precure
>What is Shadow Skill
>What is Outlaw Star
>What is Nanoha
>What is Mahou Senshi Louie
>What is SLAYERS
>What is Brain Powerd
>What is Ghost in the Shell
>What is Birdie the Mighty
>What is Gunnm

You'd think in a 4chan setting you could see OP making good threads.

But in never happens. It's just a bunch of incompetent newfags too ignorant to do anything.

It's always the anons who end up rushing in to save the thread as the OP ends up as little more than just a faggot.

Not to mention their shitty biased shitposts, like for fucks sake, is this how OP is in real life?

If I was OP I'd be insulted that someone would portray my kind as just a useless pair of shitposts waiting to be saged.
>>
All of Gintama's women are capable and shown to be stronger than men. Kagura is the main heroine yet she is never sexualized unless they're making a joke.
>>
>>141639175
It's less the mangaka and more the otaku that are sexist. The authors have to cater to their tastes to even consider getting serialized.
>>
File: 1396686738333.jpg (124 KB, 1103x800) Image search: [Google]
1396686738333.jpg
124 KB, 1103x800
>>141633918
>>
>>141633918
>It never happens.

Whoa seriously? I wouldn't expect this from /a/ of all places. Heck since you posted bleach there are several females that are more than capable. Rukia beating an espada by herself is one example.

Even if there are females that can't do anything and are damsels so what? you think there aren't any useless men in series either? If you said it is frustrating when a capable female character ends up getting saved by the weaker male character, then you'd have more a leg to stand on.
>>
>>141633918
>Guys I have watched one or two anime, now let me tell you exactly what all anime is like
Cool, tell us more OP.
>>
>>141640565
So literally preteding to be retarded and getting bad grades in order to look cute to boys is smart? Only if you have no goals in life other than getting a man.
>>
>>141635180
Well technically the Major is not a woman, but a Cyborg (entirely different bodies, apart from the outer shape).
>>
>>141639175
>The hard truth? A lot of these shows are aimed at boys.
"The hard truth." Lol. Like it's some regrettable, shameful thing that there's entertainment aimed at males.

>I mean a lot of anime writers and mangaka are pretty damn sexist.
By the standards of shithead American feminists who don't even realize that anime characters usually aren't supposed to reflect reality.

>>141639290
>I'd say in some ways the Nips are 20 years behind socially.
Yeah? Then why are their manga, anime and games crawling with female artists, writers, animators, designers and composers while American women can't fucking get anything done and just sit around complaining on Twitter all day?

>In other words, watch out for Japan's tumblerinas in 2036. It's gonna be painful.
You wish.

>>141639397
>Things are getting better, and there are really interesting female characters these days
>these days
You mean for the past 40 years or so?

>>141640817
Manga is read by everyone in Japan, it's not an "otaku" thing. Not even all late night anime is "otaku."
>>
File: image.gif (1014 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1014 KB, 500x274
>>141635180
>ghost in the shell
More like GOOK in the shell
>>
File: 1430262297665.png (221 KB, 824x859) Image search: [Google]
1430262297665.png
221 KB, 824x859
>>
>>141639703
>The real problem is that women are always women first and characters second.
It's exactly the other way around.

>Writers need to be more willing to write and draw women who lack sex/romantic appeal
>the real feminist move would be to write flawed women nobody wants to waifu up or fap to
Translation: attractive characters make me insecure and jealous.

>and not always water down their personalities and amp up their looks to placate otaku
Otaku are, in reality, very concerned with the personalities of characters.
>>
File: erza_scarlet.png (2 MB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
erza_scarlet.png
2 MB, 1280x718

Because when they're not terrible, you get Erza Scarlet
>>
>>141641247
It's stupid especially because there are men out there specifically attracted to smart women anyway.
>>
>>141641247
Welcome to Japan.
>>
>>141640280
>>141640565
>>141641247
>>141641584
Are you people unironically retarded?
>>
>>141641247
Azuki's goal was to become a VA/idol, right? I guess you don't need good grades for that.
Still stupid and a terrible message to send to readers.
>>
>>141641307
otaku are the main source of income
>>
>>141641665
What's the problem?
>>
>>141641671
Manga is read by everyone in Japan. "Otaku" are a minority, and you have a very one-dimensional view of them anyway. You have no idea what you are talking about.

>>141641695
Declaring that all shounen authors are sexist and then "proving" it with one panel from one manga, which doesn't even actually indicate sexism.
>>
File: latest.jpg (39 KB, 901x695) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
39 KB, 901x695
>>141633918
try again
>>
>>141641772
Shonen Jump is read by everyone in Japan the way Capeshit movies are seen by everyone in the US. Tons of people do follow the popular stuff, but aren't familiar with anything else.
>>
>>141641772
>which doesn't even actually indicate sexism.
Yeah, it does, it's basically saying that girls should act like airheads in order to appeal to men and conform to what society expects of them instead of having any ambitions or try to do things to the best of your ability, which is what's expected of men.
It's even worse in context, since then the character talks about a girl in class that gets good grades and is proud of it, which he says is bad.
>>
>>141641799
meh she is a neko fetish, she never won a battle in the entire series,fanservice character.
>>
>>141641848
What's your point?

>>141641940
So you think anything a character says in a work is a statement of the author's beliefs? Yeah you are retarded.
>>
>>141641940
>Yeah, it does

I bet you're that kind of moron who believes that 90% of writers encouraged rape and murder.
>>
>>141642000
still the strongest girl tho...
>>
>>141642007
>So you think anything a character says in a work is a statement of the author's beliefs? Yeah you are retarded.
When an author repeats a message enough in his work by several characters and the work itself basically tries to prove them right, it becomes obvious that it's the author's real views. Bakuman and Death Note make it clear that the author is a bit sexist.
>>
>>141642281
Even assuming that this manga is actually espousing sexist beliefs against real women, it's just one manga and doesn't mean shit. There's more manga in existence than anyone has time to read, a lot of them written by women (Rumiko Takahashi is one of the most successful manga artists of all time).
>>
>>141642368
I agree, I never said that all authors are sexist, only that some are, and was singling out one in particular whom I assumed everyone agreed was kinda sexist, but looks like there's some contrarians.
>>
>>141642410
>I never said that all authors are sexist
>>141640280
>>141640565
>>
>>141633918
>If I was a woman I'd be insulted that someone would portray my gender as just a useless pair of tits just waiting to be saved.
This is funny, because you started your own post by saying it's thanks to it being a fantasy setting that they could get to be useful.
>>
>>141642428
You're right, I should have realized that by responding that way to that comment I gave the impression that I thought all authors are sexist.
My bad. I should have specified a little.
>>
Thinly veiled rec thread.

>>141640742
Kill yourself. Just saying that there are a lot "women kicking ass" in anime like most other people in this thread would've been enough.
Stop spoonfeeding.
>>
>>141639703
>The real problem is that women are always women first and characters second.

Really it's more a matter of writing an archetype first and a character second, like how most tsundere characters are basically interchangeable.

It's not only women either. The worst archetype is the no-personality male self-insert protagonist.
>>
Even the PreCure series is full of girls beating the fucking shit out of everything.

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/7950/
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/21003/
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/15129/
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/13804/
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/13807/
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/12625/
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/10704/

>>141643188
>The worst archetype is the no-personality male self-insert protagonist.
Those don't exist though. Westerners are just obsessed with self-insertion and project it into the Japanese.
>>
>>141643425
>Those don't exist though. Westerners are just obsessed with self-insertion and project it into the Japanese.

Even if that's true, there's an undeniable trend of male main characters in anime, manga, and especially light novels where the male protagonist has little to nothing in the way of hobbies or personal preferences, considers himself average despite possessing extreme talent, is beloved by every girl for no good reason, etc.

Whether or not the archetype exists for the sake of self-insertion is not the point. It's an extremely common and extremely bad archetype.
>>
>>141639703
>women are always women first and characters second
i disagree with this actually. outside of like battle harems and some shounen japan is pretty good with their female characters. way better than america anyway,
>>
>>141643647
You are inclined to see all of those characters as the same because the meme says they are all the same and you can't think for yourself.
>>
>>141643708
I'm inclined to see them as the same because they're all completely interchangeable
>>
>>141643845
That's what the meme says, yes. And who are we to question memes?

People are always saying that everything in anime is the same and it's probably an extension of the idea that everything in Asia is the same.
>>
>>141643684
>way better than america anyway,
That's not saying much
>>
>>141643882
Get this: some things can be both a meme and the truth
>>
>>141643939
If it's a meme then it isn't true. And this is a meme.
>>
>>141643892
i mean who else is there to compete with? britain? france? canada? none of them come close to japan or burger land. (although france is pretty good)
>>
>>141643963
You don't know what a meme is
>>
>>141644051
Yes I do.
>>
Because the magical girl genre exist for people who want to see girls kick ass.
>>
>>141633918
Sturgeon's law applies here. Shitty generic shonens are powerfantasies aimed at young kids and powerful women don't really fit that.

Even the good ,shonen and seinen, anime seems to have worse female characters than male characters but again the target audience is what it is.
>>
>>141639290
Why is Death Note stupid? Because Misa is stupid? This is why authors worldwide are afraid to write 3-dimensional female characters that aren't perfect, because idiots will jump on it and claim the character is representative of all women and everywhere and the author will be demonized as a sexist.
How about Naomi? Or the woman in the SPK? They were both highly capable people.
Death note tried really hard to portray a realistic world influenced by one unrealistic aspect (the Death Note), and in the real world, there's a large disparity in the male/female ratio of the FBI/police forces. Deal with it.
>>
>>141639397
>a lot of the big, super popular ones still fail in that regard
If your problem is popularity go attack Gaia forums or some shit because you obviously have a problem with the normie majority of anime fans that make that shit popular in the first place. NOT the industry or writers of anime, NOT /a/, but the people who make the shit you don't like popular.
>>
>>141644355
I wouldn't claim that Death Note was sexist but I remember thinking that Misa was terrible character. I may be wrong as it has been quite a while since I saw the show though.
>>
>>141633918
I never understood why SJWs claim that anime needs more feminism or that japan should be more like america
Women have been working in the industry almost since its beginning and even the shittiest of battle harems are filled with strong and smart girls that are at the top of their own fields.
Even the whole waifu thing is far more progressive than anything america has ever produce since for the most part the personality of the girls is given as much, if not more, importance than their looks. Not to mention japan doesn't struggle to show female characters capable of having a girly side and remaining badass at the same time
>>
>>141644246
Shounen and seinen are not genres and you can start considering bringing up le epic sturgeon's law when you've seen more than two anime.
>>
>>141644518
They're not but the shitty generic ones have a lot in common.
>>
>>141644552
"Generic" doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>141641940
>one character interprets another character's motivations in a vaguely sexist way

>HOLY SHIT JAPAN IS TRYING TO KILL ALL WOMEN WE HAVE TO STOP THE MANGA INDUSTRY

No wonder so many authors refuse to write about Hitler and the Nazi except as one-dimensional villains, because any portrayal of them that's even remotely non-negative will be interpreted by idiots like you as Neo-Nazi propoganda.
>>
>>141644355
>defending Death Note
It was fucking shit.
>>
>>141642828
>Thinly veiled rec thread.
People who post this are, 99% of the time, completely wrong and idiots.
>>
>>141644455
I actually liked Misa as a character and a foil to the rest of the cast. Yeah she ruined Light's plans constantly, that was the point.
But a lot of people agree with you and 100% hate her, with works counter to OP's suggestion that Death Note is sexist, because presumably it introduced a useless, dumb, sexualized woman (Misa) to appeal to the otaku fanbase and sell more volumes on that character's sex appeal rather than the actual quality of the work. Which both theoretically and in practice is shown to be completely wrong.

>>141644707
We aren't talking about Death Note's overall quality whatsoever. Go shitpost elsewhere, this is a thread dedictated to sexism shitposting and tumblr bait.
>>
File: light3.gif (78 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
light3.gif
78 KB, 300x169
>>141644455
>I remember thinking that Misa was terrible character
Most Death Note characters were terrible, it wasn't sexism, just bad writing.
>>
>>141644905
fair enough.
>>
>>141644674
It's not just one character, it's a pattern present throughout all of Bakuman. It's clear Ohba doesn't really understand women.
And again, I'm not saying ALL authors are sexist, only some, and Ohba happens to be one of them.
>>
I sometimes visit writing communities, and it's not uncommon to see people ask how they should write "strong female characters" or question if the character they've written is an appropriate portrayal of all women everywhere. The #1 advice they receive is to totally ignore gender and just write "characters."
>>
File: 1.jpg (80 KB, 996x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
80 KB, 996x500
>>141644674
Japan is the best at writing nazi characters
>>
>>141645057
Caring in the first place is bad though. It's like forcing yourself to write something original because you think that'll make your story good.
>>
>>141645057
>The #1 advice they receive is to totally ignore gender and just write "characters."
Agreed. Another piece of advice given is to just write a male character and then change the gender. and a few details That's what happend with Riley from Alien.
>>
>>141645079
That's because a lot of them are still harbouring secret boners for Germany thanks to WW2.
Think of how many "foreign" anime character in the main cast are from Germany or at least part-german. Any foreign character or of foreign descent is either (half-)german or (half-)english/american, and it's not hard to come up with reasons why for each. If it weren't for Japan having so much fun saying engrish words all the time, I'd even say that German characters would be more populous in anime than english-speaking ones.
>>
>>141645126
I think that's kind of exactly the point of what they're saying.
>>
>>141645158
That's an awful idea. And would only work in a realistic/auhentic military setting.
>>
>>141634200
They are jobbers
>>
>>141645056
>Men have dreams that women don't understand
Because of course a woman couldn't possibly understand a man's passion for art
>>
>63 IPs
I love how sixty-two fucking retards decided to sit around and respond in a veiled rec thread. You all should be ashamed of yourselves and take the only honorable path left to you: Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1441288765422.jpg (49 KB, 480x1120) Image search: [Google]
1441288765422.jpg
49 KB, 480x1120
>>141640742
>What is Ghost Hunter Mikami

How fuckin old are you?
>>
File: 1432045341565.png (4 KB, 300x163) Image search: [Google]
1432045341565.png
4 KB, 300x163
>>141638596
>implying she's going to stay dead with no bankai
>>
>>141645308
>veiled rec thread
You don't know what that term means, do you?
>>
>>141645158
The Japanese don't care what's realistic or politically correct or socially appropriate for female characters, but they also don't ignore gender. And that's why they make the best characters.

>>141645308
>muh rec bogeyman
>>
>>141645409
She literally used her bankai in that fight, she's 100% dead nigga.
>>
>>141640749
Comedy wise they are the strongest. In serious fights they get their ass kicked and always need a guy to rescue them like real women
>>
>>141645415
OP was asking for anime in which females aren't shitty fighters. Retards posted examples.

>>141634200
>>141634157
>>141634796
>>141634807
>>141638770
>>141638783
>>141639218
>>141640742
>>141640875
>>141641799
All of you should kill yourself.
>>
>>141645469
>Comedy wise they are the strongest
this
there aren't many attacks more fearsome than a chop to the head of a misbehaving MC-kun
>>
>>141633918
>like for fucks sake, is this how women are in real life?
Yeah.
>>
>>141640592

Jolyne had as much plotshield as Erza.
>>
>>141645470
No, OP was criticizing shounen anime and the anime industry as a whole.
There's a huge different between rec threads and threads which might possibly warrant the mention/recommendation of watching an anime to the OP. In the latter case, those rec responses aren't the main focus and are used to drive along the discussion by bringing up examples.
Do you even understand why rec threads are bad?
Do you even comprehend why the "thinly veiled rec thread" meme is cancerous?
Do you realise that if that phrase were upheld to a paranoid degree by all /a/nons in a similar manner to how you do, it would discourage or eliminate ALL discussion threads, and only promote circlejerk threads, either negative or positive, of a single show per thread, so as to "ensure the OP isn't secretely trying to get recommendations of similar shows, or he hasn't seen the show he posted and wants to know if its good or not".
>>
>>141645774
The thinly rec thread is pretty dumb too because when people make actual rec thread we berate them for not lurking, which is how you figure out what you want to watch.

I found a lot of non airing shows through what could be considered "thinly veiled rec threads" back when I first started lurking.
>>
>>141638596
>But she died
Did she?
>>
>>141645856
Both of those are fine. The reason people are told to lurk more is because their posts are bad and counteractive to discussion on the board, the same qualities which define shitposts. This isn't a coincidence.
It's the same deal with rec threads, they take up board space and don't offer people who have been here a long time contributing anything to talk about. All it is, is users shoving recommendations down the OP's throat. It's a waste of space on the board, and worse, promotes that kind of behaviour, similar to people asking for the source on an image when the source is literally at the top of the google image search.

The problem is that newfags come in, lurk, see the "lurk more" and "fuck rec threads" posts and etc, and never stop to question WHY those posts are being looked down upon, and just parrot it endlessly in situations that don't warrant it, which just ends up being more shitposting and completely opposing the reason those rules exist in the first place.

Basically it's perfectly acceptable to get recommendations from /a/, as long as you're doing so by observing ongoing conversations and discussions made by people who have things to say about the series, and not disrupting those discussions just to get spoonfed information that's readily available elsewhere.
>>
>>141645163
Nothing secret about their boner
>>
>>141646133
>and not disrupting those discussions just to get spoonfed information that's readily available elsewhere.
I've stopped going in OPT because of this. So many people act as if those thread are their personal sauce finder.
>>
>>141633966
>Fantasy setting
>Strictly adhering to reality
Are you stupid?
>>
File: op.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
op.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>141645470
>being retarded
oh yeah my bad. shouldnt have done that. those fucking newfags woulda never found out about bleach if i wouldnt have posted that. oops.
>>
File: hata_spin.gif (781 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
hata_spin.gif
781 KB, 500x289
>>141646185
>pretendimg as if OPTs are anything besides thinly veiled rec threads
OPTs are great. but come on now they are nothing more than designated shill threads for manga you like
>>
>>141646822
I used that as an example but I wasn't actually thinking of those thread. Because you're right, that's about what they're for. There was this thread about lewd reaction images and some people started asking for sauce and complaining that the (obviously cropped) images were hard to back search for.

It just got annoying and they basically derailed/highjacked the thread. It's the entitlement that I find cancerous. As if people are owed the sources.
>>
>>141646944
and while thats true i think, quality wise, this board has much much bigger problems. id take a couple rec threads being up every day instead of the constant "X ON THE FRONT PAGE" or "why is she so perfect" or other dumb shitposts of its kind.
>>
>>141646944
Why is it so problematic for you to tell people the source if you know it and it can't be reverse searched?
>>
>>141647338
Because it's not what the thread is about. And if everyone starts asking for source then the whole thread will get derailed.
>>141647309
"Why is she so perfect" is just a way to start a thread about a character and usually that character's series.
>>
>>141647411
The thread gets derailed when people make a huge fucking deal out of it instead of just stating the source and everyone moving on with their lives. And that's the point. You're looking for a fight and you want to derail the thread, but in a way that you can blame on someone else.
>>
>>141647480
If it were just one guy asking for source you'd be right, but that's not what happens.
>>
>>141647548
That is in fact what almost always happens.
>>
File: real life feminists.webm (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
real life feminists.webm
3 MB, 320x240
>>141633918
that's because they are terrible at anything in real life
like getting burned to death on a open top water tower, see pic
>>
>>141647584
Well when it's not what happens it derails the thread.
>>
>>141647637
I've never seen that happens. What derails thread is someone autismal shitposter going on a crusade because someone wasn't able to find something on GIS.
>>
>>141647609
I laughed. I'm going to hell.
>>
File: Derrierie_color.png (276 KB, 265x520) Image search: [Google]
Derrierie_color.png
276 KB, 265x520
>>141633918
Cause you watch the wrong series.
Pic related just completely destroyed the male MC of Nanatsu no Taizai with Combo Star, an ability that stacks 100 tons of punching with each consecutive hit, with a combo of 54 strikes.
And she did that casually without needing her assigned commandment power.
>>
>>141648022
*punching power
Anyway, 5400 tons of punching power and she can go even higher.
>>
>>141633918

>japanese culture
>competent women

pick one
>>
>>141648683
There are a lot of women involved in making anime and manga in all positions.

Meanwhile in America, women whine and moan on social media all day long and can't fucking do anything.
>>
>>141633977
>I agree they could make women do things they are utterly incapable of doing in real life, like handling their own problems.

You could have ki blasts and chainsaw dragons, and that would still be absurd.
>>
>>141648683
Japan pretty much is the only first-world country in the world producing real female talents nowadays.
>>
>>141648914

how many of them are sought after by jap men? my estimates point close to 0
>>
>>141649089
You're right, I'm sure nobody wants to hire Youko Kanno, Michiru Oshima or Yuki Kajiura, adapt a manga by Rumiko Takahashi or have Megumi Kouno on their animation team. What was I thinking.
>>
>>141649179
Does the bait taste good at least?
>>
>>141649246
How the fuck was that bait?
>>
>>141649305
It wasn't, he is just trying to cover up the fact he is wrong.
>>
>>141649305
Are you retarded? He writes stupid shit and can't even capitalize.
>>
>>141649396
How is this not capitalized:
>Does the bait taste good at least?
>>
>>141633918
orly?
>>
>>141649427
Use your brain, dude. How does someone know how a bait tastes?
Now who was too stupid for capitalization and periods?
There you go.
>>
>>141649557
Do you know what capitalization means?
>>
>>141649622
You're hilarious.
The explanation for retards:
>>141648683, >>141649089 writes stupid shit, can't capitalize. >>141648914, >>141649179 takes the bait, >>141649246 asks what's the taste like.
Did you get it now?
>>
>>141633918
>What is dirty pair.
>>
>>141649726
Oh, I see. You're >>141648683 and you're trying to run damage control by making it seem like "he" was just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>141649779
No.
>>
>>141649817
Yes. Now go lurk more.
>>
>>141649859
No.
>>
>>141650034
Ok, then just keep posting dumb shit and keep embarrasing yourself.
>>
>>141650084
No.
Why are you bumping, you little shit?
>>
>>141650111
>bumpig
Cute, the newfag has learned a new word. Too bad he doesn't know what it means.
>>
>>141650137
Yeah, I don't know what bumpig means unfortunately.
>>
>>141650178
Oh no, I made a typo. Clearly that was a huge blunder and you've just won the argument.

(Lurk more.)
>>
>>141650210
Do you really type out everything yourself when you're using ebin greentext? Being retarded must be pretty hard.
>>
>>141650328
Now you're whining like a little bitch because I typed a seven letter word instead of copy pasting it? Jesus christ.
>>
>>141650433
I'm just having a great time here.
But please at least have the decency to not bump while you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>141650505
I'm going to bump this every single time you respond and there isn't shit you can do about it.
>>
File: 1455061370796.png (92 KB, 255x235) Image search: [Google]
1455061370796.png
92 KB, 255x235
/a/, if you don't want your board to become like /v/ or /co/, stop feeding this bullshit.

Social politics are a cancer that only attracts tumblr, redditors, trolls, women, and faggots who don't know anything about the medium so all they can do is comment on it through the lens of the only thing they're familiar with in their mundane lives: politics.

These people know no reason, they will misrepresent, cherrypick, play dumb, play the victim, whine and subvert to get what they want.

Sage and report.
>>
>>141650603
Do you even know how to post without bumping?

>>141650677
Please get out of the way.
>>
>>141650707
Eat shit.

>>141650677
Checked.
>>
>>141650728
You first.
>>
>>141650790
I'm bumping the thread again.
>>
>>141633918
>If I was a woman I'd be insulted that someone would portray my gender as just a useless pair of tits just waiting to be saved

Why? women are meant to be slaves to the cock, being useless in combat and depending on men is realistic.
>>
>>141650901
Congratulations.
>>
GITS
>>
File: Yoko a best.jpg (35 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Yoko a best.jpg
35 KB, 576x432
>>141633918
>>141633939
This
>>
>>141650941
This
>>
>>141633918
Go read comics then.
>>
>>141633918
>You'd think in a fantasy setting you could see some hot women kicking ass.

It's called suspension of disbelief. Some things just take you out of the story.
>>
>>141650677
Checked.
>>
File: Rukia bankai.png (2 MB, 992x1403) Image search: [Google]
Rukia bankai.png
2 MB, 992x1403
>>141633918
Are you retarded?
>>
>>141653637
Still weaker than Icejobber
>>
>>141647609
So what were they mad about?
>>
File: 3100590.gif (251 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
3100590.gif
251 KB, 250x141
>>141652081
>tfw the rest of the novels didn't made it to the anime
>>
File: Misaka.gif (988 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Misaka.gif
988 KB, 500x281
I was seriously scared of Misaka in no fucks given mode from Railgun S
>>
>>141650677
Agree and checked.
>>
File: Touma's weakest punch 1.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Touma's weakest punch 1.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>141655123
They cut most of her crazy from the anime version. Her knight in shining armor came and saved her regardless.
>>
>>141647609
>No it's fine, this is fine.
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.