[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else hating Subaru's autism? I know it's a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 25
Anybody else hating Subaru's autism?
I know it's a light novel adaptation, obviously, I just feel that it strikes a really annoying contrast considering some of the dark shit that goes on. And in a way that's good – seeing Subaru be autistic one moment and get gored like a swine the next is shocking in a good way – but at the same time, most of his interactions are dominated but this pesky behaviour. It just makes me long for the more heavy stuff, and repellent to his light-hearted antics.
His interactions with Emilia, in-particular, are some really offputtingly cringeworthy generic-MC-tier bullshit.
I know you could counter this, by saying he's more familiar with her than she is with him for obvious reasons. Or even that the way he acts is a coping mechanism, but I still think of it as the downside of the show; what I have to, to an extent, endure to get to the meat.
Though, the show's nailing a pretty unique premise well. So I'm hoping at some point it's revealed to truly be a straight-up coping mechanism, and after a string of brutal, unavoidable deaths, we get punished Subaru being harrowed as fuck.
All of this is said as someone who has no prior knowledge of the LNs, so apologies if I stated the obvious/missed the point a little. But, thoughts?
>>
You need to calm down your autism and get the fuck out.
That's what I think.
>>
>>141304689
>and after a string of brutal, unavoidable deaths, we get punished Subaru being harrowed as fuck.
Protip: Next episode.
>>
I find him obnoxious and annoying, but I don't dislike him for being dumb.
>>
>>141304689

>I dont know what Autism is LOL im so smart
>>
If you hating him now and like what happens next week, I think youre good anon. If not, I think youre better off dropping this.
>>
It should be obvious to you that he's just pretending to be retarded for himself. See pict related. The music even stopped playing for that bit.

Also did anyone think Emilia's laugh in this scene was pretty forced?
>>
>>141304908
Funnily enough, I genuinely laughed at Subaru's antics with Puck.
>>
>>141304689
Yeah he is a shitty MC. The author can't keep his MC constant because he needs him to move the plot.
>>
I have to agree. At first I like his attitude but now he is just fucking annoying. Gets killed repeatedly and his happy go lucky way of doing things is iratating. Also the supporting cast isn't very like able especially the maids. Honestly the anon who said the only interesting thing that happens is the last 3 minutes was the on the money. Nothing else happened and it the usually mc faggotry.
>>
>>141304724
>thinks this is autistic by /a/ standards

breh you havent seen shit
>>
>ITT: real autists that get offended when the word autistic is used as an insult
>>
>>141305428
>You didn't even really use it as an insult
>You
>implying i am OP

Take your pills sperg.
>>
>>141304689
>complaining about Subaru being autistic
>he's way more extroverted than most of /a/
anon are you ESL or baiting?
>>
>autism
but he is clearly not autistic he has an out going personality, a little stupid and annoying at times but he acts ok for his age
>>
>>141304689
The only thing I hate about this anime is the effort they put on not moving the plot onwards, each 2 episodes could be 1.
>>
>>141305692
>The only thing I hate about this anime is the effort they put on not moving the plot onwards, each 2 episodes could be 1.
Most people are complaining that it's skipping ahead too quickly, and then there's you.
>>
>>141305776
LN fags vs anime-only fags
>>
>>141305835
Exactly.

Anime-only here. I'm simply loving it so far though.
>>
>people getting buttmad about the use of the word 'Autism'

He's clearly just using it in the meme "guy acting retarded as fuck" context.
You know, like it has been used on 4chan for years, you fucking autists.
Also, OP, I get you, and I think it's a mix of the general comedic style and a coping mechanism.
Either way this show's the bomb and my Sundays with it and boku no hero are based
>>
>>141305979
Shit getting ridiculous here now with the word I thought they were just trolling.
>>
>>141306054
By this I meant the autists that get buttmad at op.
>>
File: shiggydiggyseimei.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shiggydiggyseimei.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>141306146
>He just threw that word in there because he love le ebin memez on 4chins.

You need to take a sabbatical.
>>
>>141306146
>The MC isn't acting retarded as fuck.
He is at least watch the show.
>>
File: Stupid.jpg (11 KB, 172x212) Image search: [Google]
Stupid.jpg
11 KB, 172x212
>>141304689
>complaining about autism
>about an extroverted normal person in a horrible situation who is trying their best to retain sanity
>can't even detect all the clear times MC is just putting on his best face even though it's not that subtle
You want to look for autism OP they place you need to start is your nearest mirror, not this show. You should consider a dictionary too since you apparently don't actually speak English very well since, protip, there so far have been no autistic characters.
>>
>>141306146
>The MC isn't acting retarded as fuck
It took him 3 deaths to realize he was in a groundhog loop. It took him 3 deaths to realize he didn't die in his sleep from natural causes. All these fucking times he reset, he still keeps assuming people would remember things that happened before he died.

He's at the very least dense as fuck. On top of this, he's all "M'lady" tier cringy
>>
>>141305054
>breh
There is another thread, breh.
>>
>two weeks ago /a/ was bitching that the show was too edgy
>now they're bitching it's not edgy enough
>>
>>141306881
You know what that means autism
>>
File: 127042566097.jpg (26 KB, 343x388) Image search: [Google]
127042566097.jpg
26 KB, 343x388
>>141306686
I can't believe how mentally retarded people like you are.

>It took him 3 deaths to realize he didn't die in his sleep from natural causes.
WTF are you talking about, you are literally making shit up out of whole cloth. He realized it instantly that he looped in the mansion because he'd been killed, that's why he stayed up to find out what happened. He got cursed, then still crawled his way out and was directly killed in loop #2. He then found the identity of that attacker (though not the curse) in #3. He never ever thought he "died in his sleep from natural causes" holy shit.

>All these fucking times he reset, he still keeps assuming people would remember things that happened before he died.
No, he doesn't. The only times he's confused are when he doesn't realize he's in a loop, but even then he catches on quick. The instant he figures out the looping he's never confused by this again, in fact part of the entire core pathos of the situation which is emphasized over and over again is how painful it is to be the only one who remembers, how soul sucking it is to have to begin over and over again and how it's impossible to "meet for the first time" more then once. How could you fail to get that, this shit is not subtle.
>>
>>141306686
He only died 4 times so far in the anime though. Twice in Rom's place, twice in Roswal's mansion. At least watch the show first, you fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1462719819993.jpg (94 KB, 649x654) Image search: [Google]
1462719819993.jpg
94 KB, 649x654
>Unique premise
>Unique premise
>Unique premise

I didn't just see that right?

Please tell me OP is not some newfag?
>>
>>141307036
He has died five times.
Twice at Rom's, once being stabbed in the alleyway, twice in Roswal's.
Subaru literally said himself this past episode that it took him four lives to get out of the capital.
At least watch the show you fucking faggot :^)
>>
>>141307052
Name three series where the MC is repeatedly murdered in brutal manners whereupon he is sent back in time and revived.
>>
There is not one good character in this entire show and that is a problem. Like the thief won't be seen again and the old man as well. As of now we have the princess, the maids and the lord of the castle plus the mc. Who in that group of people is getting characterization'? No one. We get loops to reset any change and thus we keep doing this until the mc is out of the loop.

Also would it kill the mc to give a shit about missing his parents and old life?
>>
>>141306976
>WTF are you talking about, you are literally making shit up out of whole cloth.
He literally said after the second time he got killed that "well I got attacked by someone, so I guess I can rule out natural causes". Pay some fucking attention

>but even then he catches on quick.
Are we even watching the same fucking show you ignorant fuck

He's slow as fuck to realize ANYTHING is wrong. It takes him fucking ages to take a hint when any normal person would have been suspicious

He's painful as fuck to watch because he's soooooooooooo fucking oblivious to everything going on around him.
>>
>>141307214
Loops have been done, what makes it more unique is that it really is a curse, not a super power. He doesn't get any special skills or strength, there is no hidden massive magic potential (he's got no good element and what minimal he does have sucks), nada. He's reasonably in shape, but that's not at all unusual in Japan (maybe that's something Amerifats have trouble relating too, that an entire population could on average be in decent shape), etc. He doesn't have any massive hidden trauma or family with secret powers or whatever, author did give him some depth and backstory but it's not super. And as far as his looping, he can't control when the save point shifts either, he can't count on it being static which limits his ability to really try to change things, he can't predict where it'll restart until it does, and he can't even tell anyone about it which makes it even harder to build up anything each time.

In most loops there's some sort of significant self-improvement or change that happens which helps the MC escape. Not this time, he just has to suffer until he figures some sort of path out, if one exists. Because it's perfectly possible he could end up in a situation where there is no good solution at all for a normal human. He can't even just decide to end it all, it's not under his control. He HAS to keep going.
>>
I don't understand why he requests the most basic things despite being asked he can wish for anything.
>>
>>141307552
I don't really mind them moving past characters, and focusing on different ones as the show progresses. It'll just be nice if they ever do come back.
Can't wait for based old man Rom to get back to clubbing niggas.
>>
>>141307715
An awful lot of words without a single answer.
>>
Why are we becoming /v/?

Fuck off with your buzzwords
>>
>>141307754

He is a retard. After getting killed twice did he say he wants to be guest who is fed and has a place to stay for a while.
>>
>>141307052
You don't get it dude.
Groundhog day stories have been done
And 'transported to fantasy world' stories have been done
But no-one has ever combined the two like this
>>
File: 017.png (480 KB, 829x1200) Image search: [Google]
017.png
480 KB, 829x1200
>>141307616
>He literally said after the second time he got killed that "well I got attacked by someone, so I guess I can rule out natural causes". Pay some fucking attention
Oh boy, goal post shifting. You wrote
>It took him 3 deaths to realize he didn't die in his sleep from natural causes.
which since you now say "second time" obviously you realize was you being retarded.

Also, he NEVER thought "natural causes" he just didn't know how it had been done, which is perfectly reasonable since he was unconscious for it and had zero information to work with. The instant he had more info (staying up second loop) he deduced that his first murder had been due to the "debilitation" in his sleep (he doesn't know about curses exactly yet, he gets that info next, but magic or poison is not hard to guess), and that this time he was finished off physically.

Too bad you can't get killed and loop anon, then you could have stopped yourself from writing something so stupid in the first place :^)
>>
I feel like this show is stretched out a little more than I'd like.

These character interactions sometimes feel like filler, especially since these characters won't have any memory of these encounters. I'm sure in the future it bothers him, but it's taking it's sweet time.
>>
>>141307845
What? I'm not the anon you were replying to, I was agreeing with you that it's got a more unique premise.
>>
>>141308041
Anon, in a story like this you have to have SoL interactions between the characters or the whole thing will feel pointless. The same thing happens with Steins;Gate too. The plot only starts after 12 episodes in.
>>
>>141307214
No I'm saying the whole stuck in a loop thing that he can't do anything about unless he does something else has been done a lot.

AYK
Hakomari
SG
Psyche Mata Shitemo

Even boku dake pretty much had this but him being able to leap himself.

The getting brutally killed is just an extra to it and even then Hakomari did that worse.
>>
>>141307754
>shitty tripfaggot
>I don't understand
What a shock.

>>141308041
If anything the threads make clear it's the opposite, in the novel he's a lot more introspective and spends significant time reflecting on what's happened, he's got a lot more depth in general. Almost all of that is cut from the anime to make it tighter and faster, and viewers are supposed to read between the lines more. Which /a/ shows isn't actually something a lot of viewers are capable of.
>>
>>141307922
Did you even watch the fucking show?
His reason for asking for a place to work was to attain a livelihood.
Look how people looked at him when he was freeloading.
The only reason why he asked for being a guest was so that he could leave.
>>
>>141308060
Oh.
>>
>>141307922
I'd say he is a lot brighter this time around being a freeloader guest.
>>
>>141308194

That is retarded. Mc knows after each death it will reset to before he took the job, therefore nullifying any earnings he made.

This is the problem with the show. Any progression in any direction gets reset by these time resets. Fuck is the point of this show anyway? How is any tension supposed to happen when the mc can just go back unscathed and have his memory as well?
>>
>>141304689
How would you react to his situation then, anon?

I bet you'll shit your pants every time you die or even give up figuring it out why you died in the first place due to your shitty will power.

MC has more balls, patience and brains then your worthless neckbear you'll ever have.
>>
>>141307754
What should he ask for then? He has no clue about that world at all.
>>
>>141308281
Yes, because he does absolutely nothing with the info gained from the previous timeline.
Also
>unscathed
Did you see the last episode?
He's absolutely losing it.
>>
Why doesn't he just leave the mansion and fuck off to another City?

He should know by now in all these occasions they came after him only.
>>
>>141308402

How will he get there with no money?
>>
>>141308428
Ask for reward/travel money?
>>
File: 1451253955887.png (1 MB, 1126x1600) Image search: [Google]
1451253955887.png
1 MB, 1126x1600
>>141307754
>>
File: 240p.png (26 KB, 730x694) Image search: [Google]
240p.png
26 KB, 730x694
>>141307903
>becoming
This is my current facial structure upon reading your contribution.

>>141308402
How will he get there with no directions?
How will he get there with no prior knowledge of the land's cultures?
What will he even do if he arrives in a new city?
How could he possibly be satisfied by leaving when it's his personal desires that keep him rooted to Emilia's side?
>>
>>141307052
>>141307949
If you really want to be petty about it, what IS unique, nowadays? Basically nothing.
It's still a very distinct setting and plot that sets it apart from a lot of other stuff.
>>
>>141308510

Okay he goes to another city and then what? He is broke and doesn't know anyone there.
>>
File: rein.jpg (36 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
rein.jpg
36 KB, 704x396
>>141308194
Exactly. Asking for work was a genuinely smart thing to do, particularly since he thought the looping shit was over and done with. He's a normalfag stuck in another world, he's got zero resources, not much useful skill, no special abilities or potential, and he's young so he has decades to think about. Through effort/luck he is in the mansion of a top tier mage/noble who is positively disposed temporarily. He chose an option that means:
- He builds up some positive relationships with a number of rich, powerful people who will in turn look after him.
- He gets a chance to slowly learn about the world with people who aren't out to fuck him (he thinks), and he gets some decent job learning eventually (butler to a magi/noble is going to be a high learning position for that kind of society for a normal person).
- He does it all in a place that should in principle be amongst the safest.

It's a totally decent choice for someone thinking long term and has a normal decent work ethic which he does. He's starting from zero, so even if just asked for tons of money now what? Odds are he'd have it all stolen from him or be killed for it. He doesn't even know what he doesn't know yet. If he's a super dick, then they'll be looking to get rid of him as quickly as possible and certainly won't go out of their way to help any farther. Would it even be possible for him to necessarily find somewhere else with the kind of ultra tier healing he can get there?

Normally it'd be a really excellent, unusually realistic choice. He's got some bad luck in the situation is all.
>>
>>141304689
I really detest the retarded grinning he always does in front of Emilia.
>>
>>141308570

And then he dies resetting everything which will happen. So what was the point of that? The only point is that the deaths are there to induce suffering and nothing more. Mc will eventually after numerous trial and error get out of the loop to be in another loop after that. The whole show is just that loops and nothing more. Progression is what this show lacks.
>>
>>141308714
I guess you're just too retarded for this show.
>>
>>141308281
>That is retarded. Mc knows after each death it will reset to before he took the job, therefore nullifying any earnings he made.
When he first took the job he didn't know this was going to be a theme. He thought that he'd already had his suffering multi-death groundhog loop and had successfully broken out of it, and now he was thinking about his future. That's why he put so much effort into everything, and why he was so devastated when it was all taken away. He tries again, but then realizes that he can't really get the same thing back and is also facing a situation that can't be resolved easily at all, even worse possibly then the previous one. And that this shit is going to be ongoing and horrible.

>This is the problem with the show.
You're just dumb. Go watch something else.

>Fuck is the point of this show anyway?
A normal person trying to solve a mystery and figure out a way to get through it. How dumb to you have to be to miss this obvious, obvious theme.

>How is any tension supposed to happen when the mc can just go back unscathed and have his memory as well?
Because he's losing a lot each time, and he doesn't somehow get to train up powers or gather weapons or whatever. Knowing something doesn't mean necessarily being able to do something about it, and in fact that makes it even worse. Remember, he can't even share all his knowledge and experience with anyone else. He's under ever more psychological pressure, which twists him, which in turn twists his interactions with others which makes things worse. There is tension in when/how he'll figure something out, and how high the cost will be. Duh.
>>
>>141308714
It'd be nice if I could believe you were only pretending to be retarded but it's clear you aren't. Luckily there are endless anime that are just ultra simple SoL or shonen or whatever, so you can watch something that matches your IQ instead. Off you go.
>>
>>141308539
If you want to get technical about it, everything is unique regardless of how similar it may be to other things.

That dragon dildo on your desk is unique, despite the fact that there are several more nearby. You yourself are unique, despite being one out of countless other anonymous fagets.

Obviously when you are writing a book, or a show, or creating a game, you want to be as original as you can. You need to make the best of what you have with all the concepts that are at your disposal. Is it really your fault when so many of the common ones fit together and are utilized by so many others? That's the great challenge, making more with less. I consider this unique in that (A) the MC must die to rewind time, (B) the power or curse itself is beyond his control, and (C) the way he must handle it all as a hikkineet teenager. He's pretty self-confident and funny, and rather than use self-deprecating humor he prefers to be a cocky little shit and stand out as much as possible. He takes things in stride so easily that it's almost scary.

I have to say my favorite relationship is the one between him and Puck. The scenes where they dick around with one another never fail to make me laugh.
>>
>>141308714
He wanted to work for his living initially because, as he outright stated himself, he likes seeing his efforts go rewarded. He didn't want to freeload.

>Progression is what this show lacks.

He has shown very blatant progression, by taking different paths each time, to the point where on life 3, he opted into the role of a guest.
If you're too dumb to notice it, just say so, senpai. We won't judge you.
>>
>>141308570
The thing that I don't get is why going the guest route sets him up for Ram. Is it because Ram is more likely to enjoy being around slackers due to being a "ditz" herself? Compared to Rem who's the skilled efficient type who sounds more like she would like a person who can do something. This whole shit makes me feel like the killer isn't the same depending on which route he takes, and that the maid he didn't get to have a "heart-to-heart" with is the one that kills him for some yet unknown reason.

>>141308714
You're stupid as fuck. >>141308570 clearly said "he thought the looping shit was over and done with". He did it again the second time to recreate the same loop and see what went wrong (which failed). He chose to be a guest on the third to have an excuse to go away. It's not fucking hard to understand, you low-IQ society reject.
>>
File: you won't trick me this time.jpg (16 KB, 324x271) Image search: [Google]
you won't trick me this time.jpg
16 KB, 324x271
>>141308774
Don't reply to retards if you can help it, anon.
>>
>>141308895

Any person with one iota of sense could see the dog biting him was the catalyst for everything.

Mc is just an idiot but hey let us get through a couple of more deaths before this fool realizes it.
>>
>>141308965
I am missing an iota. Could you spoonfeed me the short version?
>>
File: MAXIMUM OVERSMUG.jpg (136 KB, 560x570) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM OVERSMUG.jpg
136 KB, 560x570
>>141308965
>Any person with one iota of sense could see the dog biting him was the catalyst for everything.

#KillDog
#FuckDog
#MaimDog
>>
>>141309007

I don't spoon feed.
>>
>>141308519
>>141308559
He could just ask before leaving what the areas are like and for some map. Then join some guild or do some other random shit like when first even came in the world and the reward money should do him good until he finds some way to earn money.

That chick won't be clogged up there forvever so he may see her again.
>>
>>141309044

>Guild

>>
I think one beat that hasn't been brought up yet are the direct effects previous timelines have on the subsequent ones.
Remember how the shopkeeper responded differently to him in one of his re-dos, because he felt empathy as someone had recently found his lost daughter, or something along those lines?
In the first loop, he had to go out and find her/ In that one, it has already happened.
Unless I misunderstood that, it shows pretty clearly that there's some bleed effect.
Also, all this stuff about him being retarded, the one way in which he is is not taking advantage of Beatrice since she's clearly above the loop due to spending time in another dimensional plane (library).
>>
>>141308948
>The thing that I don't get is why going the guest route sets him up for Ram.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. I don't think it "set him up for Ram", it change his interaction with her somewhat but that would have happened anyway. The biggest factor had nothing to do with guest status but rather one of the only carried over changes to his own skill, namely his growing ability to read basic children's stuff. That's what led to the fairy tale exchange. It's conceivable that it would have happened anyway if he'd been studying while working, though I suppose his guest status let him study MORE so maybe he was able to get up to speed on language a bit quicker.
>>
>>141309044
He wants to know if the other people in the mansion are going to be targeted. That's the reason he chose to watch over the mansion from the mountain. He actually cares about the people in there. His goal isn't to get away and even if he did, he would end up in his bed again I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>141309116
No way something like that don't exist in this setting.
>>
>>141309116
I know this is blatant shitposting, but today I just have to reply. Commit the act of self-murder, preferably something that allows you to reflect on your stupidity, like drinking bleach or drowning.

>>141309164
>she's clearly above the loop
I do my best not to whine and complain since I have other autists here to do it for me, but this one really irks me. He has this huge advantage, so why not confide in her? Maybe she'll be amused enough by his situation to help out.
>>
>>141309164
>>141309319
>she's clearly above the loop due to spending time in another dimensional plane
I see people writing this a lot but you guys are clearly mistaken. She always says that "it's the second time she sees him today" because she saw him, DRAINED HIS MANA, he collapsed and the checkpoint was created. THAT's why she always says "that's the second time I see you today".
>>
>>141309164
There's no "bleed effect" in the way I think you're suggesting, but there is a butterfly effect that is realistic. The thing is that none of us could ever actually respond in the same way during a loop situation each time. Our memories would change how we looked at things, which would change our body language, speech, approach etc., and in turn others would change their responses, and it'd ripple rapidly. You can't have your "first time" multiple times.

That's part of the suffering for him and explicitly touched upon. He can't get that super positive first time in the mansion back, they notice on subsequent loops that he's better then he "should be", which is obviously suspicious.

To the extent there is "bleed" it might be if the witch stink gets worse ever revival, but most people can't notice that.

>>141309044
>He could just ask before leaving what the areas are like and for some map. Then join some guild or do some other random shit like when first even came in the world and the reward money should do him good until he finds some way to earn money.
Fucking what. Have you ever so much as done any real hiking yourself navigating with just a map?
>>
>>141308948
I doubt Ram sympathized with him for being a slacker, because she's very self-aware of her own inferiority to her sister.
I think she's just the much more open and friendly of the two. She would have grown more fond of him regardless of the situation, if anything him being a guest hindered their personal progress.
>>
>>141309389
Shit, you're right. Well, thanks for tying that up. Now it won't bug me anymore.

>>141309449
>witch stink gets worse ever revival
wat

Also, don't start applying real-world rules to 2Dland, anon. You need to take into account that he'd have the plot handle the complicated stuff for him.
>>
>>141309319

Play in traffic and do your parents a favour.
>>
>>141309164
Emilia still saved his daughter so he's in a good mood and stops being a dick.
>>
>>141309389
That would make much more sense. And if it is the case, it's something I feel the show has done a poor job of underlining, actually.
I thought that may be the case myself, but dismissed it because I didn't feel him getting KO'd by a mana-drain would warrant a checkpoint, when usually the only other thing that does is death or progression.
>>
File: 008.png (766 KB, 889x1300) Image search: [Google]
008.png
766 KB, 889x1300
>>141309389
This god damn it. It's made super obvious that no, she absolutely doesn't retain any memory of him. The only thing he doesn't realize at first is that she is the one who actually healed him.

>>141309319
>I do my best not to whine and complain since I have other autists here to do it for me, but this one really irks me. He has this huge advantage, so why not confide in her? Maybe she'll be amused enough by his situation to help out.
>confide
If he tries the witch fucks him. This too is explicitly covered, although the anime hasn't reached it yet (next ep). He is directly prevented from confiding though, this is not a plot hole. It's part of why people call it a curse, not a super power, and why it irks some of the rest of us to see you keep trying to stuff the MC and story into a typical mold and then get confused when it doesn't work.
>>
>>141309449
Don't you get it? He can literally ask for all the information he needs for travel off the people.

>>141309222
Even so it's pretty obvious now they're only coming for him and people in the mansion are way more capable than him anyways.
>>
>>141309683
The point is, getting a checkpoint is random and he doesn't know when will it happen. Getting knocked by Beatrice doesn't give him checkpoint, it's just a coincidence.
>>
>>141309683
>when usually the only other thing that does is death or progression.
Death doesn't create the checkpoint, it pulls him back to said checkpoint. The checkpoint has to be there first in order to come back to it once dead. Subaru has obviously (I'm an animefag only) not control whatsoever over his curse and those checkpoints are created haphazardly. So far, it's only the second checkpoint (the first being his arrival in the fantasy world, in front of the shopkeeper stand).

I swear to fucking God, we should get someone to make a route chart of Subaru's failures and progress.
>>
>>141309664
Yes, but in the first timeline she saved his daughter with Subaru, well after Subaru's initial conversation with the shop-keep.
In the second (or third, can't remember exactly), he brought up that someone had saved his daughter during that initial conversation.
Which leads me to believe there's some degree of bleed that alters the chronological sequence of events in subsequent timelines based upon his actions in the previous ones. Kind of like a time-hopping reward scheme, as it embodied itself in that circumstance.
>>
I don't get it. MC finds out in this episode he didn't die, so why the fuck is he acting like all the events previous to when he was attacked didn't matter? Surely dying and then reseting everything would allow him to start from scratch, allowing him to see what causes his downfall?

Is this guy daft?
>>
>>141309860
Open Paint and do it yourself, then. Make sure to use dank memes or it won't hold anyone's attention.
>>
>>141309565
>wat
Wait for future eps when you find out more about what's up with Rem.

>Also, don't start applying real-world rules to 2Dland, anon. You need to take into account that he'd have the plot handle the complicated stuff for him.
Anon, the only reason anyone finds Re:Zero interesting is that the plot DOESN'T handle it all for him. That seems to be what people like OP find confusing, they keep expecting the MC to get whatever power or act the way they expect from normal "2Dland" and then he just... doesn't. Neither he or the other characters are nearly as stereotypical as normal. Everyone else isn't blissfully ignornant/obvious, he isn't mysteriously insightful or powerful, things that would fuck someone over IRL still fuck people over, etc.

So when he makes decisions that totally make realistic sense, you get stupid posts like >>141307754.
>>
>>141309923
I think I worded my post poorly, but whatever. Fair point all the same.
>>
>>141309860
I know, I felt it would be something like an obvious "stage-to-stage" thing.
Stage 1 being the city, the checkpoint the stall. Stage 2 the manor, the checkpoint would logically be his awakening in the manor. But apparently it was after he got drained. Minor mistake, but that clears up what I felt was the show's only gaping plot-hole.
>>
>>141308515
>so dumb and yet so wise
>>
>>141309730
>Don't you get it? He can literally ask for all the information he needs for travel off the people.
No he can't. This is just so fucking stupid, what the shit anon. You can't find out everything you need for travel in a couple of days info session even in another country let alone another world with fantasy medieval development+magic and monsters. Again, have you ever done any real multi-day on-foot travel even in the woods of America or wherever you're from? It's slow, there are plenty of risks to watch out for even without having to worry about bandits or the equivalent, navigation is a big deal, and we've got way better maps then what existed historically.

>Even so it's pretty obvious now they're only coming for him and people in the mansion are way more capable than him anyways.
Nope, this is wrong.
>>
>>141309872

MC doesn't want to die because it is extremely painful and traumatizing.

Yes logically resetting everything would be "right' thing to do but him losing his memories and loss of life is too much for the guy to simply throw it away.
>>
>>141310120
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 0009-015.jpg (366 KB, 885x1300) Image search: [Google]
0009-015.jpg
366 KB, 885x1300
So will he break in the next episode?
>>
>>141309872
I have no idea what you're talking about given that he's been making multiple attempts to figure out what "causes his downfall", and in fact that was the entire point of this loop and why he chose to be a guest.
>>
>>141310253

MC looks so pathetic in this. Crying in front of a girl and complaining why people don't like him. Ugh.
>>
File: 0010-010.jpg (349 KB, 891x1300) Image search: [Google]
0010-010.jpg
349 KB, 891x1300
>>141309686
So what, is that hand supposed to be Satella's curse?

Or is it a form of her conditional love, where her envy of Subaru confiding to someone else beside her would rip Subaru's heart and kill him?

If that's so, doesn't that makes her quite a yandere?
>>
>>141309505
So, do you mean that it was actually Rem that got in the way of Ram in the previous loop? Poor Ram, I hated her at first but I'm starting to feel a bit bad for her.
>>
Since this animu is so predisposed to good old theorizing, I'll toss out that I think Roswal's ordering his death based on how he believes him to be a spy.
He said something along those lines at the end of a previous episode, and it would tie in nicely with what others have brought up about how he becomes a little more suspicious with each redo, as he seems more and more comfortable within a setting he shouldn't be.
Though, that doesn't explain why he's constantly dying on the same night. Because if that were the case, Roswal would note his questionable demeanor and order it sooner.
>>
>>141310478
>Since this animu is so predisposed to good old theorizing, I'll toss out that I think Roswal's ordering his death based on how he believes him to be a spy.
Based on this, what do you think triggers the death order?
>>
>>141310379
>Or is it a form of her conditional love, where her envy of Subaru confiding to someone else beside her would rip Subaru's heart and kill him?
Who knows. The whole issues is that she is absolutely batshit fucking insane so no one can even really ask.

>If that's so, doesn't that makes her quite a yandere?
Sort of? But "yandere" doesn't exactly capture it, people often refer to yanderes as "insane" but they can be quite cooly rational and logical about getting what they want, it's just what they want is twisted and they've got zero limiters when it comes to methods, and sometimes have trouble with empathy. Satella is just loony toons and a big bundle of power and jealousy and desire, barely makes sense to think of her in human terms at all at this point in the story.

At any rate for now she's a black box to him and beyond his reason, he just has to roll with the blows as best he can and comply with the conditions (which are arbitrary and capricious).
>>
>>141310478
Didn't Ram mention that the possibility is small and Subaru wouldn't do harm to them? Then again, there's no one else who can kill him. It must the named character in the mansion.
>>
>>141304689
Nobody's gonna watch it if it was full on grimdark, they need to bait people in with MC's autism and hit them with SUFFERING every now and then
>>
So I am assuming one of the maids die in this?
>>
>>141310478
Next ep will help a lot to clear things up, and should be good for anime watchers in terms of fleshing him out some more.
>>
Spoiler on second death:
Was Subaru mainly killed because he approached Emilia's room or was it already decided?
>>
Who would win in a 1v1? Satella or Reinhardt?
>>
>>141310706
Great, thanks for telling me that when I have a whole week to wait.
>>
>>141304689
>Unique premise
>Groundhog Day (1993)
Has probably been done before that, and has been done to death in anime since. How can you honestly think this premise is original in any way?
>>
>>141304689
His reaction like that is basically integral to the thing working. If Subaru was kind of an introvert, uncharismatic guy the entire thing would not work. He's in an entirely new world, he has to give a shit about a few things inside of it or he would probably just go straight nuts.

Its LN. Its a SAO/Groundhog day rip off. If that's not your thing, don't stick around for it because it won't change.
>>
>>141310901
Not sure if it's even clear that the idea of "winning" even applies there exactly. Stella may have sublimed into something more like a concept or existence outside the world, wherein she can't even ever really be defeated just sealed away from as direct interference for a while. Reinhardt has world h4x himself, but he's mortal. He might "win" if she showed up in terms of sending her off again, but eventually he'll die and to her it might all be the same from the perspective of being outside of time.

>>141310937
Sorry, but it really should be worth the wait (as always qualifications on the adaption not fucking it up, but so far it's been perfectly functional). A lot of good stuff starts to get rolling. Be happy you don't have to wait a dozen episodes like some series I guess?
>>
>>141311029
You can boil fucking any work of literature made in the last couple of thousand years down enough to make it be "generic" if you're stupid. That's not what anyone ever means when they say there's a unique premise, it's all about exactly what the author DOES with a premise, not that nobody in the history of the human race has ever touched upon the premise itself before.
>>
>>141310822
I don't think it's ever clarified for certain, but my assumption is that Rem saw him walking around half-dead in the middle of the night in a weakened state while no one was around and took her shot.
>>
>>141310643
>Didn't Ram mention that the possibility is small and Subaru wouldn't do harm to them?

Yeah, but who knows. There's also the link between Roswal's chains and Rem's murder tool, if there's anything to be said about that.
>>
>>141311268
From what I can tell OP is talking specifically about the anime, so anything creative the autor does later is not factoring into him calling it an "unique premise". What part of any of this has been unique at all so far? it has been just fantasy harem + Groundhog day timeloops.
>That's not what anyone ever means when they say there's a unique premise, it's all about exactly what the author DOES with a premise, not that nobody in the history of the human race has ever touched upon the premise itself before.
Please enlighten me in what it is that everyone means when they say this is unique.
>>
>>141311102
>rip off
Oh look, a faggot using buzzwords. How original.
>>
>>141304689

There are careers and lines of work where you are constantly exposed to depressing and horrible situations, many involving death. Most people perform terribly in those professions, there are two types of people who are different. The first type are extremely humorless people with very little personality who are focused on rules or some sort of cause. They do not really get impacted by the situations because it just does not register with them. The second type are people who have strong feelings and release those through finding humor in the situations or, when they cannot find humor in the situation, they use parody, self-deprecation, slap-stick, or any other comedic tool, no matter how stupid, to keep going.

I prefer working with the second type, because working 80 hour weeks on tragic situations with serious people is basically hell. Working with comedic people can actually make it morbidly fun.
>>
>>141305776
If they included all of his internal monologues the episodes would be even slower.

Hopefully they include them after the next time he dies otherwise he's going to look like he doesn't give two fucks about what's happening.
>>
>>141311636
You specifically site the Bill Murray film, although the idea of time loops dates back to at least the 1940s, time travel in fiction has been played with since like the 1700s, and who knows if it ever came up in ancient history unrecorded. But in "Groundhog Day", he's in a one day loop where it's triggered no matter what with no greater context, it's not a matter of death (although that does it too). He starts as a jackass, and responds for a while by being a bigger jackass and doing whatever he wants. He then gets desperate and tries to do whatever to escape, including horrible stuff. Finally he gets to "become a good person" and becomes perfect and learns the true spirit of things and gets the girl blah blah, and then that somehow ends the loop and he proposes in a big sugary good end.

None of the details are the same here at all, in the mechanics, characters or results. And again, that's what matters, not that other works in history have touched on the basic concept before. There's no war against an unstoppable enemy like in AYNIK. The fact that the "save point" can shift around and that it's controlled by some other intelligence is different. His own sheer inability is different. Etc.

People like you show up for every single fucking book, show, movie or game ever to proclaim how it's "totally derivative" merely for having some foundational similarity if you simplify enough.
>>
>>141312085
I'd say there are more like three types. You forgot that some people just actively get off on danger or bad shit, they love the situations. I don't understand it but it's definitely a thing. Really, 1&3 are both kind of non-normal people who don't react in the same way, for whom the pathos just isn't there. You list the positive way normal people might cope as your second, although the flipside is the miserable depressed people just forcing their way through it which is no fun either.
>>
>>141309872
>MC finds out in this episode he didn't die

He doesn't normally die until nightfall of the fifth day. Last episode ended at sundown. He's not going to make it to nightfall to find out he hasn't been cursed.
>>
>>141312297
I specifically said in other post that it was done even before Groudhog day, I'm using it because it's the best known example.
You could also argue that all works are unique if you focus on the details enough, which is kinda true, but you have to look at how the details add (or not) something interesting to the established concept, and in this case I don't think they really do, at least not yet. Your mileage may vary though.
>>
Why does everyone feel bad for Subaru? He can die indefinitely and he can just start over. If I die then it's game over. He could just go away to somewhere else as soon as he awakes. He could even try to ask Emilia and the loli drill for help. Maybe stabbing the clown guy when he gets in the bath. If he wasn't such a white knight shit he would ignore Emilia and secure his own safety.
>>
>>141312297
>(although that does it too)
I prefer to think that as he dies, the day continues on as normal but he isn't there to perceive it until bam, reset time.
>>
File: big clown cock.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
big clown cock.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>141312786
>stabbing the clown guy

Clown guy would see it coming and preemptively stab Subaru from behind first. He's not the greatest magician in the kingdom for nothing.
>>
>muh austism
>>
Why didn't the MC wish for a fortune when Puck gave him a free wish?
>>
>>141312786
if you're dead you can't feel anything

i suppose it's also quite hard for someone like subaru to detach himself from the fact that his actions potentially have no consequences, so even though he resets it still hits him hard
>>
>>141312974
He can fail infinite times for all we know. He also has tons of time to come up with plans. Like showing him a porn video on his phone and killing him while he's distracted.
>>
File: 1462706593894.png (456 KB, 741x997) Image search: [Google]
1462706593894.png
456 KB, 741x997
Why doesn't MC just rape Emilia?
>>
>>141313322
No I mean Roswaal can see it coming because he has precognition. Whatever Subaru does Roswaal is already one step ahead. The only way to beat Roswaal is to convince him that being defeated is the best option for him.
>>
>>141313374
he's white knight
>>
>>141313374
Why doesn't Mumei wear armpit protectors?
>>
>>141313374
Mumei drinking semen instead of blood doujin when?

>>141313533
Try to kill him in his sleep in a way he can't see, do this for several weeks until he is weakened enough, then kill him when he faints from being too tired.
>>
>>141312786
>Why does everyone feel bad for Subaru?
Because his situation sucks pretty hard.

>He can die indefinitely and he can just start over.
First, dying indefinitely is horrible. It's painful and terrifying every single time. Second, it completely isolates him. He cannot "just start over" because how he himself changes means that he can never have things turn out the same way even if he wants to. All his work and effort and luck in building up relationships with other people goes poof each time. It's not just about the negatives anon, it's about losing positives. You work hard and learn hard and then never collect.

>He could just go away to somewhere else as soon as he awakes.
Abandoning the good people he genuinely likes and wants to help and who are also his best shot at doing decently in a shitty world where he is a total normalfag.

>He could even try to ask Emilia and the loli drill for help.
If you mean talking about the loops, no he can't. As far as help then sure, and he does.

>Maybe stabbing the clown guy when he gets in the bath.
That would be double retarded, since it'd fuck everything and clown is not responsible anyway. Makes sense it's the sort of idea you'd come up with though.

>If he wasn't such a white knight shit he would ignore Emilia and secure his own safety.
All wrong.
>>
>>141313374
Because the author is attempting to be realistic. That's part of what's triggering all the idiot autists on /a/.
>>
>>141313730
>do this for several weeks

I'm pretty sure he'd get real tired of your shit by the first attempt.
>>
>>141304689
>I know it's a light novel
Worse, it's a web novel. It's on the same literary tier as Fifty Shades of Grey.
>>
File: oj ty.png (13 KB, 363x431) Image search: [Google]
oj ty.png
13 KB, 363x431
>>141313909
>literary tier as Fifty Shades of Grey
haha
>>
/a/, what would you honestly realistically do in Subaru's position?
Following your first two deaths in the mansion.
desu I'd embark upon a string of wacky misadventures in an attempt to discover the truth of my situation by pushing the boundaries as much as possible.
First I'd rape Emilia after Puck went to sleep, then top myself.
Then I'd set the mansion alight, then top myself.
Then I'd rape Beatrice, then die.
And by that time I'd have realized not only that Rem was the killer, but unearthed her motivations, reasoning and any potential Machiavellian plots.
>>
>>141313838
Are you dumb? Everyone would ask for Emilia's virginity the first time, then make a better choice in the next loop.
>>
>>141314361
>realistically
>look at my retarded fantasy self insert shit
Uh huh.

>desu I'd embark upon a string of wacky misadventures in an attempt to discover the truth of my situation by pushing the boundaries as much as possible.
Better hope you don't get an updated save point during these "wacky misadventures" thus locking in the deaths of the mansion and leaving your stupid ass hanging in the wind.

>First I'd rape Emilia after Puck went to sleep
You'd try and then get killed. Emilia is plenty powerful all by herself, actually skilled and experienced with combat, and plenty used to the nastiness that comes from being in a world like that. Unlike you.

>Then I'd set the mansion alight
You might try, except it'd be immediately put out by magic, and then you'd be executed. Or worse, magically imprisoned and unable to kill yourself, or even worse imprisoned for long enough for an updated save point.

>Then I'd rape Beatrice
You'd barely survive even long enough to reach for her.

Go back to your shitty SI doujins you overweight faggot.
>>
>>141314542
>implying going insane in an equally-insane situation isn't a completely realistic expectation
>>
>>141311029
Name me one anime that does time loop in a video game stage based mechanic, where you must repeat a certain loop until a specific goal is achieved. Then it saves you and places you in the next stage.

Haruhi, Groundhog's day, and Steins;Gate certainly doesn't fit the bill.
All You Need Is Kill (Edge of Tomorrow) is the closest, and even that's not the same as it's a single loop and not stage based.
>>
The clown got a book allowing him to see everything in the future? Fucking retarded, so he is pretty much aware of Subaru's curse and will always kill him to make it grow stronger.

Weak, I hope he dies.
>>
>>141314865
Jesus Christ, what is up with REZ threads and idiots who only read 20% of a spoiler and makes up the rest?

No the book only gives a very vague understanding of future, and points him to the direction he needs to take. It does not provide him how these are achieved nor does it reveal Subaru's powers.

Stop this shit at once. It's getting old.
>>
>>141314542
Holy shit get a load of johnny no-fun
>>
>>141314361
Realistically I'd stay with Reinhardt and ask him to teach me the ways of the german samurai because being put in a dangerous fantasy world is scary and I'd need all the help I can get.
>>
>>141305598
Hmmm you're right. Subaru is an extrovert and a complete fucking retard.
>>
>>141312974
>preemptively stab Subaru from behind first
Clown definitely wants to stab Subaru from behind. The question is with what?
>>
>>141315345
Subaru sort of an extrovert but not very sociable considering he fails on several communication aspects that annoy lots of people.
>>
File: AYNIK_ch11_18.png (628 KB, 869x1300) Image search: [Google]
AYNIK_ch11_18.png
628 KB, 869x1300
>>141314824
>All You Need Is Kill (Edge of Tomorrow) is the closest, and even that's not the same as it's a single loop and not stage based.
AYNIK came up earlier and is one of the examples with some elements that fit, the story we see is single loop but the overall plot is more sequential, every single battle is its own potential loop(s), and the number is semi-arbitrary. I think bigger fundamental differences though include what the MC "can take with them" between loops and the overall issue of setting. Some more magic loop settings let somebody directly carry stuff over between loops, either in terms of physical items they store somehow or in terms of them growing their magic power or combat ability or whatever. AYNIK kind of takes a tech angle to that: technically someone in the loop carries over nothing at all except knowledge like in a restricted setting. But they've got power armor that normally has potential that far exceeds what any human could realistically learn to do with it, particularly given the setting. That creates a way for a character to "get stronger" because they can bring out more and more of the armor's capabilities.

The battle situation also in turn makes a super skilled pilot with loop capability directly ultra valuable and important, which means they'll have major power support automatically. They also are free to (and do) share that information, which in turn feeds into further support. Finally, they know the exact victory condition and how to achieve it, so they have the ability to loop pretty arbitrarily.

REZ diverges a lot there. Subaru has no way to become significantly stronger. He doesn't get to get much in the way of outside support, he can't share freely, and there's no clear unifying opponent. I like both series but they really serve to illustrate that a simple concept ("Groundhog Loop!") can lead to radically different situations with different characters and settings. Higurashi, Madoka, etc are all differently interesting.
>>
File: 1459204045105.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459204045105.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
>>141312519
>I don't understand it
How? I mean I can understand that fear and anxiety holds most people back from it, but how can you not understand it at a basic intellectual level? You even said that the pathos isn't there for them. It's just exactly that, they have dulled emotions due to genetics or life shit happening to them, and they search for strong emotions just as there are people (most) that due to genetics and their life experience are vegetals absolutely dead inside and take an elevator/lift to go from one floor to the one directly above. As simple as that. Probably this was just an expression and you actually have no problem getting it, but my autism still went off
>>
>>141315741
I guess I wrote that poorly. I mean, I know how fucking endorphins work, I know how the feel of overcoming risk and challenges can be intoxicating even in small cases, I understand intellectually why people love that stuff and put time and risk at it. I've done some things others probably wouldn't. I more meant that I can't personally get into the mindset of people who love stuff like downhill mountain biking or high ski jumping and the like, I've even tried lesser versions and for me the risk/reward is too extreme to be fun.

But I don't judge people who like it either, I don't need it to "make sense" to me to recognize it's a thing anymore then I need to "understand" people who like foods I don't. It's fine, but it is also neurologically outside the baseline. Most people don't go out of there way and get a high from that kind of thing. Again, don't get me wrong, I'm glad there are people who do because they've pushed forward humanity. You have to be a bit "crazy" to go against the world, and even if a lot of that stuff results in death/failure the successes are worthy of the praise and rewards. I'm just saying it's distinct from either those who are purely goal oriented and just don't feel about it at all, or those who do feel it, but do so negatively and are just trying to cope.
>>
>>141313783
>clown is not responsible anyway
hahahahaha

hahaha

hahahaahahahahaahaha
>>
>>141304908
She generally seems to be lovable, but that one was forced as if she owed him money.
>>
>>141304969
>>141305030
God, it's like you faggots just WANT constant edge.
>>
>>141316567
The clown dindu nuffin
>>
>>141307552
>Who in that group of people is getting characterization'?
The twins and the princess.
Did ya miss the past few episodes?
>>
>>141315722
Just like that Tom Cruise movie
>>
>>141312210
Then they should include the monologues instead of iddle activities.
>>
>>141316864
yeah, was pretty embarassing when I found out some japs ripped off holywood again with a manga adaption of cruise's movie! cant believe they haven't sued yet!
>>
>>141317370
What, it sounds just like the Tom Cruise movie. Except his battle suit didn't make him an unstoppable god. He just died so many times that he knew where every attack and enemy were in the battle.

Also, his information wasn't all that useful because his commanding officers didn't belive him. Only that angel girl believed him and that crazy scientist
>>
>>141314824
If I could save anytime I could it would be cool since you have to deal with your decisions. If it is an auto-save feature, there's a high chance of beign screwed over. And guess what happens in this story so far.

Yeah, it does. It doesn't means it feels less like a story and more like an scripted videogame.
>>
>>141314942
Albeit magic, the fact Roswald takes decisions based on vague hints, already makes him a more interesting character than Subaru
>>
>>141313783
>If you mean talking about the loops, no he can't. As far as help then sure, and he does.

So how was it established that he cannot talk about the loops again? I doubt the VN shows him resetting based on discussion, otherwise he'd talk himself into another loop instead of dying a painful death.
>>
I think subaru is better than mostly harem shit MCs. He is funny and sympathetic
>>
>>141304689
>>141313909
>>141295119

Fuck off kindly please.
>>
File: 1460723688169.png (5 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
1460723688169.png
5 KB, 240x210
>>141313783
>clown is not responsible anyway
>>
File: rezero deaths.png (119 KB, 3000x2200) Image search: [Google]
rezero deaths.png
119 KB, 3000x2200
>>
>>141318962
There's already been 7 different timelines?
>>
>>141319017
That's what happens when you keep dying.
>>
>>141319017
Best part is that after he dies, the timeline just marches forward.

It's most tragic when he randomly kills himself and everyone just goes 'what the actual fuck?'
>>
>>141319627
Is this confirmed? Are there any shorts that explore this shit? It'd be kind of nuts just how many timelines there'd be with people seeing some fucked up shit happen right in front of them.
>>
>>141319627
I thought everything just resets, no multiple timelines
>>
>>141319863
he gets pulled into different timelines by Satella, Subaru in those timelines is dead.
>>141319822
Apparently there is a short where Emilia finds Subaru dead but the LN has got taken down and the manga is only a few chapters ahead of the anime so you can't really find it.
>>
>>141319627
>>141319822
>>141320042
That hasn't been confirmed. When Subaru gets told about those Bad Ends, it's stated it's unknown if they're just simulations or real.
>>
>>141304689
>Though, the show's nailing a pretty unique premise well. So I'm hoping at some point it's revealed to truly be a straight-up coping mechanism, and after a string of brutal, unavoidable deaths, we get punished Subaru being harrowed as fuck.
>All of this is said as someone who has no prior knowledge of the LNs, so apologies if I stated the obvious/missed the point a little. But, thoughts?

He's gonna off himself soon because of what happens but he can't fix it because no control over his save point.
>>
>>141316083
Yeah we okay then
>>
>>141318073
>So how was it established that he cannot talk about the loops again?
Manga has already gone that far and some of the pages were posted starting at >>141309686. But it should get covered next episode I think so you can just wait to see it animated, the author doesn't leave it hanging thankfully since that would be dumb. Subaru is not some autist or bent on world domination or whatever, he's got some people he likes, so it's completely obvious that he'd try to tell someone else once it became clearer to him that he was utterly in over his head, that this was going to be a continuous thing rather then a one-off loop, and that he had no special MC h4x coming this way either.

Being actively prevented from doing so is actually a pretty key different between REZ and a lot of other timeloop works, because revealing it tends to be a central part of getting people outside the loop to help you out and treat you well and to keep you from becoming as much of an object of suspicion. It starts playing a role almost right away too, since it's part of the core reason he can't explain himself and about how he knows what he does.
>>
>>141317703
The movie was a pretty mediocre adaption, though by Hollywood standards I guess it could have been worse.
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.