[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it such a big impressive feat that Ed can use alchemy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: fullmetal-alchemist-176454.jpg (196 KB, 655x369) Image search: [Google]
fullmetal-alchemist-176454.jpg
196 KB, 655x369
Why is it such a big impressive feat that Ed can use alchemy without a transmutation circle, despite several alchemists being able to replicate this by tattooing transmutation circles onto their hands or simply wearing gloves with them on?

And if it's this easy, why wouldn't every alchemist do this?
>>
>>141167476
If you could fly it would be impressive even though we have planes jetpacks and shit
>>
>>141167476
>Why is it such a big impressive feat that Ed can use alchemy without a transmutation circle,

Because-

>despite several alchemists being able to replicate this by tattooing transmutation circles onto their hands or simply wearing gloves with them on?

he didn't need any of that. Which, by their laws of physics/alchemy, shouldn't be possible.

>And if it's this easy, why wouldn't every alchemist do this?

It isn't. On top of that, the only way to achieve that ability is to perform a procedure that is one of their biggest no-nos. It's against the law.
>>
>>141167829
>>And if it's this easy, why wouldn't every alchemist do this?
>It isn't. On top of that, the only way to achieve that ability is to perform a procedure that is one of their biggest no-nos. It's against the law.

I think OP's point is that you'd think everyone would just get some sweet tats or gloves since drawing circles is just pain in the ass bullshit.
>>
>>141167476
Those tattoos were only good for a specific type of alchemy. Ed can transmute anything by clapping.
>>
>>141167904

Because you need different circles for different procedures? With guys like Roy and Armstrong it's fine because they're doing the same trick over and over again. But with alchemists who are actually researching and acting like actual scientists, they likely need to have different circles in accordance with what they're doing.

Or maybe not. It's been a long time since I watched FMA.
>>
>>141168042
>>141168048

>Different circles do different things

Was this in the Manga (I've not read it) Because in both anime's they never mention that different circles do different things. Except in the case of the human transmutation circle.

I always wondered why state alchemists were one trick ponies except Ed.
>>
A better question would be how the fuck was their still a functioning economy when Alchemy exists?

It's illegal to create gold but that doesn't stop someone transmuting objects to sell.

Also how did builders still exist when an alchemist could create a building from dirt in a few seconds?
>>
>>141168263
Almost all the Alchemists belong to the military, to prevent such things from happening.
>>
>>141168263
You need breedy gut alchemist to do something so big
>>
>>141168263
>Also how did builders still exist when an alchemist could create a building from dirt in a few seconds?

Because it's not a practice that's got a huge abundance of people who know it? And transmuting a building from dirt likely requires you know every component/material on a molecular level and need to know every detail of said building's architecture? I think it's a little more complicated than just having a general image in your head and making it come to life.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.