[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I turned 30 today and I feel like its time to be done with Japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: 4.jpg (738 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
738 KB, 1280x800
I turned 30 today and I feel like its time to be done with Japanese cartoons, comics, and smut.

For the last 3 or so years I have felt very alienated from the anime community. I just don't understand any of the current stuff anymore. And whenever I mention things from the late 90s, people have no idea what I'm talking about.

Its been a wild ride /a/. But this old dog has reached his stop.

Farewell.
>>
Later n00b.
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
What's with the rampant shitposting lately?
Does somebody have a grudge against /a/?
What did we ever do to hurt anybody?
>>
>>141149060
>lately
>>
Are you a wizard?
>>
>>141149121
Nope, unfortunately I blew it in Jr. High. I am a failed Wizard who hasn't gotten laid in 16 years.
>>
>>141148948
You may think you're finished with anime, but you WILL be back. Perhaps not in a year or even 5 years time, but you will return no matter how much you believe you've moved on. Otakus can never escape. That is the sad truth.
>>
Happy birthday anon. Godspeed... you'll probably be back though :^)
>>
>>>/co/ welcomes you.
>>
>>141148948
Nice blog.
>>
>>141149385
Don't use emoticons on /a/.
>>
Take care of yourself, anon.
There is no reason to quit anime though.
>>
>>141148948
Good riddance, casual.
>>
>the anime community

Found your problem.
>>
>>141149236
>not a virgin
>at 30
Well there you fucking go you stupid retard. Fuck off.

See you tomorrow.
>>
>>141149060
You do know that /a/ got invaded by social networking faggots over the last 6 years right.
They new breed never conformed to the old ways, the quality of jokes and decent threads have plummeted to 1/10, and waifu threads aren't shrines anymore they are shit storm fuel on which one is better.

Being an ass use to be for people who didn't take the time to fit in, or take someone for a wild autistic ride because they get baited.

Now people don't post enough images, proper reactions to the most common bait situations, always have a pansy mentality.

Questions that are worthy for discussion also get crushed by mods for some ungodly reason, I've seen it happen especially in the last 3 years.

This place just wants to keep people dumb, probably because of all the bad shit that spawned out from here.
>>
You're not done with anime, you're just done with the state of /a/
>>
>>141150243
>And whenever I mention things from the late 90s, people have no idea what I'm talking about.
>>
>>141150361
I'm not sure how you can even tell that on /a/. It's not like people typically post saying "I don't know the show you're talking about."
>>
>>141150387
They don't. But a lot of the time they just assume its shit because its old or are too busy jerking off to the latest fan service cash grab.
>>
File: displeased cat.jpg (74 KB, 567x459) Image search: [Google]
displeased cat.jpg
74 KB, 567x459
>>141150387
I would think it's trolls but then again, it usually may not be.
>>
>>141150174
>Now people don't post enough images
This is probably the one I've noticed the most. Back when, people actually used the image board to to post pictures. My old folders from anime on /a/ are filled with captions, crappy shops and general fun posting. These days, sure there's some stuff but it seems for the most part /a/ might as well be a text board.
>>
>>141150426
>people didn't respond to my thread
>they must have assumed it's shit because it's old
>>
>>141150449
>captions, crappy shops and general fun posting
If you tried to post those same images today you wouldn't see the same reaction as back then.

Although I guess you could force it if you got a team of anons behind you. Posting captions is not shitposting so the mods should leave you be.
>>
>>141150461
>my thread

This is the first thread I've made here.
>>
>>141150492
He's talking about OP.
>>
>>141150492
Okay, someone's old show thread, then, whatever.
>>
I hope I'm done with anime by the time I'm 20 (I'm 19 now)
>>
>>141150174
Current generation of /a/ posters, not actual anons, were about 7 when /a/ was good.
>>
>>141150666
/a/ posters are real anons.
We may not like them and they may not want to be part of the community, but we've got no registration on 4chan, so the only way to be an anon is to post.
Everything else is a no true Scotsman.
>>
>>141150715
I usedstand what you mean but at the same time some reddidiot that has /r/anime or whatever the fuck open next to /a/, faps on fakku, reads manga online, is 17 years old and has been on /a/ for just long enough to build up his frog reaction image folder isn't the same as an anon who lurked for months before first posting 10 years ago. The problem is these people don't even know how /a/ used to be, when they first come they see the place is shit and faggots get spoonfed, and people use emoticons and generally act like faggots and they think that's how it's supposed to be.

Anyway it doesn't matter because /a/ will never be like it was before and I don't care about anime anymore I just stay for the occasional mango thread.
>>
>>141148948
I understand your resentment anon. 4chans anime community has degenerated into a shithole due to massive influx of thoughtless weeaboo- wannabe teenagers in the last 6 years or so. Stay away from here if possible and continue watching the type of anime you admire. Don't let strangers get at you and deter what you once liked doing. Cheers.
>>
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>141150890
>people actually lurked before posting
that's fucking retarded
>>
>>141148948
Happy Birthday, man
>>
>>141153843
I browsed this website and others for 3 years before I posted in a thread

True story
>>
>>141149060
Welcome to /a/ culture.

The trick is never to get rustled and always call OP a fag
>>
>>141153993
ok, but doing it on purpose? i posted within a few hours of going on /a/ for the first time
the spirit of 4chan is anonymity and freedom, not rules and conformity
at least it used to be
>>
>>141150449
Threads that do, like mayoiga, get called reddit.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.