[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Goku friends with a mass murderer (Beerus) and his friend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
Why is Goku friends with a mass murderer (Beerus) and his friend? They didn't even stop destroying planets.
>>
>>141005578
Because Goku has no moral standards whatsoever, he doesn't care what people have done or continue to do as long as he's happy and gets to fight and avoid spending time with his family.
This is the man that could have stopped the Androids with Trunks' warning, but he decided that fighting them and endangering the life of everyone on Earth was more fun.
>>
>>141005578
He's God and being trained by God.
>>
Wait if Videl went to watch the tournament and brought Pan, why did Gohan stay behind?
>>
Goku only once, during all of Z, gave half a shit about morals and ethics, and that was when Vegeta went Majin mode and threatened to blow people up
>>
At the moment it's better to have the God of Destruction as a friend, and not as an enemy. Regardless of how tenuous that friendship may be.

Besides, you're saying that like none of Goku's other friends are mass murderers.
>>
Repeat after me.

Goku
is
not
superman
nor can he beat him
>>
>>141006460
There are several magnitudes of difference between Vegeta's body count and Beerus.
Beerus has killed trillions of people (probably more) for no reason.
And don't give me any shit about "he's necessary for the universe". No he fucking isn't, if he didn't exist the universe would objectively be a better place. There is absolutely no reason there needs to be a God of Destruction.
>>
>>141005578
>Mass murder

He is not though. Destroying shit is his job hence why he is the god of destruction.
>>
>>141006622
>He cant into Ying and Yang
>>
>>141005578
Isn't Bills a force of nature? Is like you call a earthquake a mass murderer.
>>
>>141006312
Watching fights might make him pass out
>>
goku will kick their asses eventually
>>
>>141006813
>Comparing god Monaka and pussy Gohan
>>
>>141006755
What? Destroy planets so you can create new ones?
Why? Why not just let the planets live out their natural lifespan and then create new planets?
Hell, why do old planets need to die so that new ones can live? Space is infinite.
>>
>>141006622
>No reason
>Maintaining the balance of the universe isn't a reason

Hell, the King of Everything even called him out on slacking off during a single day's tournament.
>>
>>141006972
>>Maintaining the balance of the universe isn't a reason
What "balance"? How does destroying planets preserve any balance? I've never seen a satisfying answer that justifies so much genocide.
This whole concept of "balance" in fantasy settings is almost always stupid.
>>
My verdict for this movie: soulless cash-grab.
>>
>>141007128
But as long as Earth keeps producing cheap cup noodles for him to eat, the lazy-ass God of Destruction won't destroy us. Xeno-scum aren't human, so their deaths don't matter.
I don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>141007128
>Fantasy and gods don't make sense

That is the only coherent thing you had said so far autism-kun. Look at any kind of mythology gods always have arbitrary rules so why the gods in a chinese cartoon should be any different? Maybe you should stop watching it if it triggers you this much.
>>
>>141006775
A force of nature can't talk to you and spare you because you happen to have tasty food in your planet.
>>
>>141007128
>"I've never seen a satisfying answer that justifies so much genocide."

Here:
It's just his job. Just like it's the job of people who manufacture cars to keep manufacturing cars in spite of whether or not it's really necessary. It's an available position for whatever reason, so he does it.
>>
>>141007459
Maybe not ones that you've dealt with, anon. Hurricanes are pretty chill if you're not being a careless shithead when they come knocking.
>>
>>141007128
Ask yourself. why is cancer a disease, Why do cells have to die?

Planets are the cells of the universe. Humans would be proteins or genes. If they spread out of control they pose a threat to the greater macrocosm. We consider genocide to be a bad thing because we are the ones who die. Cancer cells would probably have the same opinion about chemo. From gods perspective however genocide is just good health.

Keep in mind that while Beerus was sleeping, the galaxy was ruled by Freeza, and if it weren't for him, the Sayans would have been doing the same thing. Beerus is slacking on his job by allowing mortals (like Goku) to obtain absurd power levels and threaten the balance of the universe.

Granted, he seems to mostly just pick on insignificant planets, and goes out of the way to let people like Goku get strong enough to challenge him, So I'd say he's doing a shit job and should be replaced.
>>
File: dragon ball.gif (142 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
dragon ball.gif
142 KB, 500x281
>What? You thought the tournament was over? This is just the beginning. This tournament is only a warm up for the REAL tournament.

>Abuse dragonballs again and again and again.
>Now we can abuse multiverse dragonball
>tfw no backlash
>>
>>141006775
I wouldn't make friends with one either.
>>
The problem is that Beerus actually enjoys destroying planets and takes a petty pleasure in destroying ones that displease him, lording his power over others to make them do what he wants (and then destroy their planet anyway). And sometimes he's so lazy that he asks other people to destroy stuff for him. That's not how a supposed force of nature should act.
Beerus should be more like Galactus. Galactus consumes planets for his own survival and because he fulfills a cosmic function, but he doesn't like it or take any pleasure in the destruction he leaves. He's completely dettached from what planets he consumes, he sends his Heralds to choose for him. He's only ever angry at those who oppose him. More importantly, he has helped save the universe several times because he takes his functions seriously.
>>
Beerus has been appointed by Zenou as a God of Destruction. He was even criticized for not doing his job properly last episode.

The God of the 12 universes dictates that he is necessary, what can you do?
>>
>>141007759
>YOU CANT ENJOY IF WHAT YOU DO IS CONSIDERED EVIL
Galactus is another one of the moral characters from America. Its a garbage character.
>>
>>141008018
Wait until the god of more than 12 universes shows up because, lets not kid ourselves here, it's turtles all the way down from here.
>>
>>141007759
Why bother doing a job if you don't enjoy it?
>>
>>141005578
This is very common in eastern religions though. Many gods, spirits and divine beings do all kind of things that could be harmful for humans but they don't call them devils. Is not that hard to understand why a in a place like Japan where Japan where earthquakes and tsunamis are common people realize that some times bad things happen but is not something evil but a force of nature that cant be stopped so you just learn to deal with it.

>But what does that have to do with anime

Because all media is affected by the culture were is created and every culture is affected by the place where is born.
>>
File: 0000.jpg (182 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
0000.jpg
182 KB, 600x848
So is this shit canon now?
>>
>>141008297
No. Universe 6 and 7 are supposed to be the most similar ones. All other universes should have completely different characters and likely races.
>>
File: 1461770296188.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1461770296188.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>141008053
>>141007759
On this topic, Galactus has recently been freed of his hunger and is no longer the Devourer of Worlds, but the Seeder of Worlds, restoring life to the worlds he destroyed. And then some cosmic entities insist he go back to his old ways because muh balance. He has none of their shit and just punches them.
This anon is right >>141008248
, it show a distinction between the way the West treats this concept and how Japan does
>>
>>141007759
>Forces of nature need to do good things from time to time so the reader doest feel offended.

Sasuga /co/

Either way Beerus fits very well as a god. He doest consider living creatures to be important, he does his job because he as too but some times he likes to have fun sometimes. And is all a matter of perspective. He is above all human laws and morality in fact he lives in a system where what he do is not only approved but encouraged and necessary. The problem is not his morality but yours.
>>
>>141007688
There are two sets of Dragon Balls even before then. Backlash hasn't been a thing for a while
>>
>>141006944
>Hell, why do old planets need to die so that new ones can live? Space is infinite.

Gravitational force balance or whatever? We're talking about a character who knows that there's an otherworld anyway. So, it's not like the people he's killing are actually disappearing, they're just being sent to the other world where they'll be judged and then go to hell and late reincarnate or heaven.
>>
Goku is friends with Vegeta, he really doesn't care about how evil someone is.
>>
>>141008248
Right? Just look at Godzilla sometimes he saves the day but most of the times he just walks over your city he is nor good or evil he is just big, strong and unstoppable and put things in perspective showing how meaningless are humans and their technology are against nature. One day our sun is going to start to die and the only thing humans (if there is anyone left) can do is leave the planet or die burned by the very thing that allowed us to live.
>>
>>141008698
>And is all a matter of perspective
If you look at it from the Gods perspective, destroying planets simply makes no sense from a pragmatic standpoint. Nobody benefits from planets being destroyed, and creating new ones to replace them takes billions of years, by which time that planet would have already died of natural causes if left alone, making it rather pointless.
>>
>>141009079
Vegeta isn't evil he is just tsun tsun
>>
>>141009221
Where again is it stated that it takes billions of years for the Kaioshin to make new planets?

I love how you try to act smart by throwing real astrophysics in their but were to thick to follow the beginnings of DBS.
>>
>>141009221
The gods in Dragonball are established to be largely pretty fucking careless/clueless; hell, Supreme Kai didn't even know who the King of Everything was; there's ample opportunity for them to fuck up. And that alone justifies Beerus's job.
>>
>>141009221
You're retarded m8. King Kai is living on a rebuilt planet after Cell blew it up. That shit don't take a billion years
>>
>>141009461
Vegeta is literally more evil than Freeza
>>
with the way these niggers are growing in power i can almost see Beerus actually fighting in the big multi-verse tournament.
>>
>>141009221
>Planets die of natural causes

Planets are not alive. Planets host living creatures did you ever wander why Beerus only destroys populated planets.

Either way you just running in circles obsessed with the idea of proving that you are right.

>The author author says : In this story planets must be destroyed so new ones can be created.

>OP: No is not!

In other words this thread is autismo
>>
>>141009221
>Nobody benefits from planets being destroyed, and creating new ones to replace them takes billions of years
When was this said?

The Kaios are literally there to create life
>>
>>141009645
>>The author author says : In this story planets must be destroyed so new ones can be created.
My point is that there is no reason to create new planets when the old ones are still there.
It would be like if I decided that I wanted a new son, so I kill my old son before fathering a new one even though he's already become independent and has a job in another country.
>>
>>141009760
Again, why do your have to die and get replaced. It's better from the universe's perspective for things to be created and destroyed than for the same things to last forever. Immortality is cancer.
>>
>>141009853
*Your cells rather.
>>
>>141009641
nah, both he and Champa would obliterate Goku or Hitto once serious enough. Raw power + durability + various god-haxx

Confirmed by Toryiama, they'll be top-dogs for a while
>>
>>141009853
Just let things live out naturally, all species eventually go extinct all on their own without needing some alien cat to randomly kill them all because he doesn't like the food. Disease, in-fighting, natural disasters and all those other things already exist to keep populations in check.
>>
>>141005578
well vegeta is a mass murder, he is okay with him. and piccolo
>>
>>141010034
The alien cat randomly killing things IS natural.
Freeza taking over the galaxy and then Goku turning into a god is not. All that shit happened because Beerus didn't do his job.
>>
Hit seems like a Piccolo reroll.
>>
>>141005578
Is DBS worth watching?
>>
>>141007640
>>141010148
This is the best justification so far.
From the Gods' perspective, Beerus should target problem planets that cause trouble in the universe or planets that are deemed failures from an eugenics perspective.
But since Beerus doesn't act that way, he's just plain terrible at his job.
>>
>>141010176
It's ok. Watch it if you got nothing else. There's 41 eps out so far and the second arc at least isn't a complete copy of Resurrection F. I skipped the first arc.
>>
>>141010034
>B-but it's not nice how Toriyama has set up his fictional world :(

Holy shit just go hug a tree you fucking autist hippie.
>>
>>141010176
It's fun, the RoF saga is horseshit, as was the movie and the animation was poor, but slowly getting better. Still nothing to write home about however.
I'd suggest giving it a watch though.
>>
>>141010034
It's metaphorical. Like Providence from The Count of Monte Cristo and countless other classics

Beerus is destruction.
>>
>>141005578
He comes from a race of mass murderers
>>
>>141008433
Who would win in a fight, Galactus or Beerus?
>>
>>141011443
Beerus if Galactus is hungry.

Galactus if he's full powered and has the ultimate nullifier.
>>
>>141010176
Yes, but remember that once you get to episode 18 just watch the movie of Resurrection of Freezer, then start again the series from episode 28.
>>
>>141005578
Goku is a complete psycopath.

Consider the following facts:

He never once looks in on ChiChi and Gohan during the 7 year gap. All it would take is a hand on Kai's back.
He puts the fate of the entire universe on the shoulders of 2 kids.
He derides his eldest son for having a successful family life.
He leaves his family to train some brown kid.

As long as this psycho can get his high from fighting he'll do anything.

Not so different from Hanma Yujiro.
>>
>>141011655
People should read the manga.
Till the Sayan Saga it's nothing but some little fucker running arround and fucking everyones shit up like some 80s cartoon character.
The anime made the arcs in his child years more dramatic than they actually are.
>>
oh another topic we have finally found a couple of beings who can beat Saitama and that Turun Topin Langun thing. Super ShenLong and the King of Everything. Based Toriyama is at it again!
>>
Goku is a highly fonctioning autist
If it wasnt for Roshi putting him in the tournament he would have never been into becoming the strongest fighter
>>
>>141012580
If it wasn't for Bulma, the fuck would still be living in the mountains alone.
>>
>>141006535
this
>>
>>141012757
well this guy can beat everyone so there!
>>
>>141005578
Because he is Goku
>>
>>141006312
He had an important conference he couldn't skip
>>
>>141012757
>Anon specifically asked to repeat after him
>this

Fucking speedreader
>>
>>141010176
I feel like the series only just finally had it's first great fight. Only took 41 episodes.
>>
>>141008433
That's a legitimate complaint from the cosmic abstracts. Galactus's final role is specifically to take all of the energy he can back to the center of the universe and reignite the big bang.
Removing Galactus from his role is abandoning the universe to eternal entropy. and costing every future universe that would ever be.
>>
>>141007144
It's written by Akira Toriyama though
>>
>>141015728
And the new Kenshin shit is by Watsuki.
>>
File: tumblr_o5p358lXRc1tjn5uuo3_1280.jpg (816 KB, 846x1163) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5p358lXRc1tjn5uuo3_1280.jpg
816 KB, 846x1163
Why do people hate the Buu arc / Super?
>>
>>141011501
What about the battle of the gods?
>>
>>141016025
Buu arc was shit in the anime, too much filler and overall just fucking boring for large parts.
The humour didn't translate very well from manga to anime.
>>
>>141005578
He is just doing his job :^)
>>
>>141005578
Goku isn't Superman, he isn't super moral infallible man who looks down on everyone. He just wants to test his limits and fight cool people. He doesn't care what you're doing as long as you're not being a dick or blowing up Earth.

Beerus can't be called into moral questionability either, his job is entirely to blow up the occasional planet and balance out the universe by being the destroyer.

Saying he can't do that is like saying a tornado can't nado all over the place. Its literally what it does, its what it has to do. If it wasn't him it would be someone.

Galactus has to eat planets, and beerus has to blow up planets.
>>
>>141016025
All of Gohans plots get flushed down the drain the second Goku butts his head into the Tournament.
Supreme Faggot is an annoying idiot. Piccolo castrated himself by forfeiting.
Buu is okay, but having ultra regeneration felt a little tired to me after Cell.
SSJ3, then Fusion, then Mystic, then fusion again failing was just tiring and felt like Toriyama couldn't decide what to do.
Ending with a Spirit Bomb felt silly since Gohan or Gotenks would have just slaughtered Buu.
Ubuu was horseshit.
Goten and Trunks becoming lazy bums was disappointing.
Goten felt like pointless fusion fodder.
>>
Do people still care about Super? Did it cover the Resurrection F movie yet? I dropped it a couple episodes in because I realized they were just redoing Battle of Gods.
>>
>>141016025
Forgot Super.

Can't stand the new shiny art style.
The off model stuff I come to expect from Toei but its still lazy.
Choreography mostly sucks outside of maybe 2 moments.
No Kageyama.
New Sound effects are inferior. New music is mostly shit.
Characters feel like caricatures of themselves. Especially Goku.
>>
>>141016411
They've already moved onto the original arcs, the story got good when they weren't just retreading the movies.

You say "DOES ANYONE REALLY CARE!?!"

We have threads every week for the new episode, and people care more than ever since we don't know what's going to happen anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC5XKpthBc8
>>
>>141010034
The human population of our earth is predicted to grow by 2 billion in the next 35 years. What were you just saying?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
Reminder that this guy is stronger than Goku at 10x his current ability, while this guy is still holding back from using his real techniques.

People would hate him for sheer fact of "Being this strong for no reason, so stupid, self insert bullshit, edgefag", if he didn't turn out to be a bro.

He was a lot less edgy than people expected
>>
>>141016762
Will he be playable in the new DBZ games?
>>
>>141016025
Don't lump the Buu Saga in with Super.
>>
>>141016762
I still don't get his ability, from my understanding its complete bullshit.

>Ability to stop time
>When he fights someone strong he levels up
>Keeps levelling up till he's stronger than his opponent

Is that all there is to it? It sounds broken as fuck.
>>
>>141016762

well, he IS a thousand years old... Imagine how many fights this guy has been through and how strong Goku would be if he were to live that long.

Anyways, I enjoy the fact that there are people now stronger than Goku and Vegeta, at least 6 new characters are stronger than Goku.

Also, aren't you guys excited about this new tournament?? Hell, if we see even just 2 people as interesting as Hit, it will be worth it. Not only strong characters, but with unique techniques.
>>
>>141017020
>>When he fights someone strong he levels up
>>Keeps levelling up till he's stronger than his opponent
the last two are Goku
>>
>>141005578
better friends than enemies
>>
>>141017020
No, his race can only level up their ability to stop time, rather than leveling up their ki each time they lose like saiyans. Its a trait to always improve their base feature, or special ability. His physical ability hasn't grown at all, its only his time-stop he can improve.

The true masters of his race at most could only stop time for .1 seconds before, but he was a freak who was already born able to do that, he's never needed to improve before this since he's never met a worthy rival.

Goku gave him the will to try improving his abilities mid-battle, after finally finding a guy that could withstand him. So he tried improving his time-stop, only to realize that he was a natural at improving it, and could keep going further with it at a good pace.

He hasn't reached his limit yet, he can keep going for now. He wants to keep improving his time-stop for now, but he needs a guy that can stand against him in the heat of battle for now to have a reason to get better.
>>
>>141006032
Came here to say exactly this.
>>
>>141010215
Why's that? His job is just to destroy planets. When Zeno said he was slacking, he never said specific ones. It can be any planet. It doesn't matter. Focusing on "evil" planets is just being bias. He and his brother have it right. Get shit in return before doing it. It's no different than a god from another universe just doing it without visiting the planet. It's all the same thing to them.
>>
Cant wait for Hit to lose in the first round of the next tournament
>>
>>141017183
>No, his race can only level up their ability to stop time, rather than leveling up their ki each time they lose like saiyans. Its a trait to always improve their base feature, or special ability. His physical ability hasn't grown at all, its only his time-stop he can improve.
>The true masters of his race at most could only stop time for .1 seconds before, but he was a freak who was already born able to do that
source
they only mentioned time skip as a technique and never said anything about Hit's species
>>
>>141016520
Is there a decent dub to watch? I remember them being pretty shit at the start.
>>
>>141008297
French Fanfiction.
It is said that there is an infinite amount of universe in this one,but 20 were shown
>>
>>141018514
I mean sub.
>>
>>141006535
i can't imagine it's hard beating a corpse
>>
>>141018551
Google is your friend.
There is literally a subreddit for Dragonball related shit in which you can find where and what team have the best subs.
>>
goku was a more compelling character as a kid
>>
>>141013582
>The conference was so important Gohan couldn't go to the tournament of the universe.
>The conference was not important enough for the story to tell what it was actually about.

I think Toriyama just wants us to forget Gohan exists.
>>
>>141020002
Gohan knows deep down he is too weak to be of use.
>>
>>141020002
Toriyama said that after writing Gohan for awhile as the MC, he realized that happiness for him wasn't battle, so it didn't fit.

Happiness for him is shit like this, meetings and books. The fact that he's doing this, its not the meeting itself that's important, its the "Yeah, he's made it" that's important. Since he's dream has come true and its working out for him.

He doesn't really belong in the fighting part of the series anymore, he's happy being normal.
>>
>>141020131
he has the most potential out of the z fighters though
>>
>>141020498
yeah well we know not saying it would be cool if he came back. I mean he is just like an average Jap work all day.
>>
Goku would befriend anyone if it meant more fighting.
If Frieza were cool and chill and offered him a place fighting races all over the galaxy he'd never be seen again.
>>
>>141010176
Its quality varies.
>>
>>141016064
It's alright, but not worth except probably for SSG Goku vs Beerus, which i liked it more than in the movie.
>>
Daily reminder that Goku is weak to laser and therefore dies to Superman.
>>
>>141021336
They can't keep getting away with this
>>
>>141020361
Yeah, but the scholar stuff has never been shown to actually benefit his character when the story cares about him. It's only ever presented as the reason he sucks at fighting when he's given conflicts that need him to be good at fighting. That's how Gohan's character always worked.

He never progresses any differently, which leaves one asking why is the scholar stuff so important that he doesn't try to stay good at fighting after dealing with evil aliens and androids that could blow the Earth. Instead of answering that, his character is written out of the story, despite all the time invested into his character through like three major story arcs.
>>
>>141021417
Daily reminder that Superman is weak to magic and therefore dies to Goku
>>
>>141021807

Daily reminder that Superman has been cucked by a Merman and a Blackman. Running away in literal tears when one of these things happened.
>>
>>141021417
Gotta love out of context fanwanking.
Meanwhile, Supes gets BTFO by green rocks, no matter how small. Everyone > Supes. :^)
>>
>>141020361
Gohanfags are too busy self inserting as the son that surpass his dead bear father to care about Gohan's happiness.
>>
>>141010095
>and piccolo

How many people did Piccollo Jr kill?
>>
>>141021692
DB Online's Gohan published a best-selling book about Ki & now the general population has far more flying Ki users. Thing is, Online isn't Super.
>>
>>141020361
>Translation: WRITING CHARACTERS WITH ACTUAL PERSONALITIES IS HARD!
>>
>>141010176

GT was better. GT.
>>
>>141022680
>if i keep saying it then it will become true!
never, gtfo spic
>>
>>141021336
There's nothing about this that isn't ridiculous.
>>
Last episode basically confirmed Beerus' job is really to destroy stuff. The one who should be blamed is the baby-voice god of everything, who hired him.
>>
>>141022824
but it was you dumb motherfucker, everything was better, fights, story, ost, everything, now fuck off with your low budget piece of shit with purple fucking cats and animation made by a group of retarded high schoolers
>>
>>141022905
What if destroying shit really is necessary, and people are just too damn black and white in morals these days to understand this kind of thing these days, and blame everything as though its black and white and needs to stop already.

Maybe the fucking universe needs this kind of thing to keep going. Its like how recent comics decided that Galactus was evil for eating plants, so he needs to stop being evil and needs to bring life to planets now, because evil.

Meanwhile he's not fucking up the universe because he needed to consume those planets or else the entire cycle starts breaking down.

But its evil so he's gotta stop doing it
>>
>>141022954
Let me guess, you're a dubfag?
>>
>>141006944
> Space is infinite.

Anon I have news for you
>>
>>141023136
Its a story for children anon.
>>
>>141023236
what are you talking about?

the universe is infinite
>>
>>141022436
Are his temporal parents canon?
>>
>>141022680
You are tryng too hard furrfag
>>
>>141023224
oh man dont tell me you preffer the original VAs?, you gotta be a special tipe of retard to actually like gokus granny voice.
>>
>>141011443
Probably Galactus.
>>
>>141009760
That might be a thing in China where you are only allowed one child.
>>
410 . 919 . 3294, tell me anything you want
>>
>>141006032
>No moral standards
>Has saved the Earth/Universe multiple times
>>
I've always hated destruction being painted as evil. Like death too. Death ain't evil man. It's why I like spic culture, they're all about celebrating death and shit.
>>
File: 366919_1333183770337_400_300.jpg (76 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
366919_1333183770337_400_300.jpg
76 KB, 400x300
I legitimately enjoy early GT planetary adventure. I think pre-Z DB is still the best of them all, it's actually about adventure and less about muscle flexing to comical degree.

Remember the Bora, Upa and vs. Tao arc? Now they don't even say hi to Bora and Upa anymore, they just fly over them and go straight to Kami's palace above the Tower.
>>
>>141024524
moral standards and morals are not the same thing
moral standards are expectations of moral behavior in others.
Also, he only saves earth because it's in his own self interest. Everything and one he knows and loves would die.
>>
File: dat ass.png (311 KB, 371x715) Image search: [Google]
dat ass.png
311 KB, 371x715
>>141005578
God basically gave Beerus and Champa the go-ahead, so there's not really much they can do to say Beerus is wrong.

I think the bigger question is, how do the gods get away with wearing clothes that show off their asses at all times?
>>
File: hawt.png (477 KB, 708x378) Image search: [Google]
hawt.png
477 KB, 708x378
>>141025384
>>
>>141017183
>His physical ability hasn't grown at all, its only his time-stop he can improve.

I don't understand how a single punch from Kaioken 10x Goku didn't knock him the fuck out.
>>
>>141025519
Kaio Ken times 20 wasn't enough to boost Namek Goku past Frieza's 50%, why would times 10 be enough for SSGSS Goku to be beyond Hit?
>>
>>141025606
Goku was already shown to be stronger than Hit without his time skip ability.
>>
>>141022680
But I like GT
>>
>>141025625
Buff Future Trunks was stronger than Perfect Cell (assuming Cell wasn't lying) but that didn't help.
>>
>>141025743
Buff Future Trunks didn't start off as stronger than Perfect Cell and then become 10x stronger on top of that.
I mean assuming they both had a roughly equal power of 10 trillion we're talking about a power level difference of like 90 trillion here. But apparently that doesn't count for much anymore.
>>
reminder that this version was the most exciting version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTWikfBS9wo
>>
>>141025880
>we're talking about a power level difference of like 90 trillion here
Cell himself stated that despite how strong Trunks was, being unable to land hits made him ineffective in combat. Hit simply has a power that puts him higher. Besides, where did the 90 trillion come from?
>>
>>141025942
But Goku was plenty able to hit Hit. Even WITH time skip. Before that, Hit tried fighting Goku without time skipping, and got wrecked.
>>
>>141025970
So? Hit's power gives him an edge. All I'm saying is that ""greater power level" doesn't decide the winner. Trunks got destroyed by Cell, Vegeta was stronger than anyone on Earth when he arrived, etc.
>>
>>141026061
Cell beats Trunks because Cell was faster. Vegeta lost because he got worn down by multiple fighters.
In Hit's case, he...what? Goku himself said he didn't actually increase in power. He just sort of...took hits better. For some reason.
>>
>>141026433
Goku was able to read his opponent better but even Goku decided to surrender.
>>
>>141026433
hey autismo, stop trying to think into the show so much. hit is just obviously tough, it has nothing to do with power level
>>
>>141005578
If you can fight well Goku will automatically like you due to his batshit crazy Saiyan logic, we all know Gohan would work his ass off to kill Beerus if he had the chance.
>>
>>141025384
the better question is why doesn't Vados do the same?
>>
>>141026545
It's still stupid that Goku started off stronger than Hit, became 10 times stronger, and yet it made 0 difference.
>>
>>141007759
The whole destroy planets thing makes no fucking sense at all, in our world planets are usually destroyed by supernovas or hypernovas than eventually become nebula clouds in the corpse of the exploding star forming a new star system. Some planets die others simply move in a straight line forever as they very very slowly lose heat and freeze down the core, once the planet's core is frozen it can be said be dead.

Beerus's job is fucking retarded he blows up Zeerk 43 and now what? Where does that destroyed matter go? Surely not a new nebula at all.

Akira needs to learn astronomy this is fucking retarded.
>>
>>141008433
To be fair, Ewing is a massive SJW and really not good.
Ultimates is pretty fucking lame
>>
>>141026820
>10 times stronger
>>
>>141026871
Thing is, all the magical shit about Dragon Ball kinda makes some of that unlikely. Beerus just destroys shit because it's his job.
>>
>>141026997
Kioaken is a multiplier
>>
>>141026997
Yes. That is literally what Kaioken does.

Or at least, that's what its supposed to do. Multiplying your power by even a thousand doesn't seem to do much anymore.
>>
>>141027030
Going from times 10 to 20 didn't help much against Frieza even when Goku was fighting well at 10.
>>
I find it real funny alot of mortal nobodies actually know about the god of destruction, I mean Beerus is a piece of shit he fucked with Frieza and the saiyans and now earth for the sake of universe both him and champa should be destroyed. Of course the saiyan psychos Goku and Vegeta cant function without someone stronger existing to fight.
>>
>>141024524
Goku's saving the world is more of a selfish thing. The planet busters he seems to draw in from the corners of the universe give him the challenge in fighting he's been looking for.
>>
>>141026820
Whatever man, just don't let it stop you from enjoying the show
>>
>>141027084
Freiza wasn't trying. Hit was.
>>
>>141027125
Frieza was fighting with the same % of his power as before. He was trying as much as he was.
>>
>>141026871
you forgot the part where is it mentioned that Beeru's job is to destroy planets while the other kamisama's job is to create planets, though we never see them performing this act.
>>
>>141027195
Wow thats fucking retarded.
>>
File: lead_960.jpg (156 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.jpg
156 KB, 960x640
sup
>>
>>141027084
Goku didn't try Kioaken x10 on Frieza until after Frieza was at 50%. They still had a huge gap.
Kioaken x20 did accomplish something, but wasn't enough for Goku to stop Frieza
>>
>>141027294
How'd the fight with Batman go?
>>
>>141027248
It's how "Gods of Creation" & "Gods of Destruction" work. Natural processes happen far too slowly.
>>
>>141027294
Why the hell was Doomsday in Batman vs Superman? Why was Lex Luther so unlike Lex Luther?
>>
>>141027106
Shouldn't Whis fill that role for them? He's much stronger than Beerus, and isn't a relentless murderer.
>>
>>141015728
Except for all the parts toei fucked with
>>
>>141027331
There are no gods of creation because for some reason Beerus is stronger than the kais.

Rather than some jerk that blows up planets Beerus shoould just be a sentient force that is the concept of Destruction in the universe meaning all destruction in the universe only happens if Beerus says it can happen even cellular or atomic destruction. That is a true god not this power mad asshole.
>>
>>141027399
I'm pretty sure that's what the original concept for Beerus was
>>
>>141027385
Whis and Vados are the beings that watch of gods of destruction, and make sure they're doing their job. However they don't do their job for them.

If they're fucking up too much they report it to Zeno, and he gets a new god of destruction in their stead.

However Beerus and Champa's problems at the moment were still marginal, they were still doing close enough to their job, so he let them off for now. We saw at the beginning of Super that Beerus really is blowing up planets in his spare time, he's not neglecting his job entirely.
>>
>>141017345
The weird thing is that Beerus sleeps for so long that it shouldn't matter if he goes another day without destroying something.
>>
>>141006032
He's also the one that spared Vegeta, that is responsible the death of 4 of his friends because he wanted to battle him on a later date.

keep in mind Vegeta also slaughtered millions
>>
>>141027357
What exactly was Lex's plan if Doomsday won his fight?
>>
>>141027399
>There are no gods of creation because for some reason Beerus is stronger than the kais
The Kais are technically the Gods of Creation there, why does it matter that they're weaker than Beerus? It's not their job to destroy.

>Rather than some jerk that blows up planets Beerus shoould just be a sentient force that is the concept of Destruction in the universe meaning all destruction in the universe only happens if Beerus says it can happen even cellular or atomic destruction
Why would that happen? The title of "God of Destruction" is more like a job than an omnipotent force. You go, destroy some shit, get paid & go home.
>>
>>141027357
>>141027328
Didn't watch that trash tier movie but Superman is proven stronger than Goku
>>
File: salamakek.jpg (54 KB, 380x500) Image search: [Google]
salamakek.jpg
54 KB, 380x500
>>141021491
>thinking there'll be justice
>>
>>141027508
To stop smoking likely. If I mixed my DNA with Kryptonian DNA & somehow got something like Doomsday, I'd go see a doctor.
>>
File: IronMan3Lasers-Avengers.png (4 MB, 2104x1184) Image search: [Google]
IronMan3Lasers-Avengers.png
4 MB, 2104x1184
Goku gets killed by a ring lazer, that means Iron Man can beat him with his red beam lazer. Iron man's suit can learn and predict people's moves giving Iron man the edge in hand to hand combat
Iron Man>Goku
>>
>>141027357
>>141027508
WOWWEEEE WHAT A GRIP SENPAI!!!!
>>
File: Bait.png (65 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
Bait.png
65 KB, 625x626
>>141027510
>proven
>>
>>141023416
It has no observable limit, since the rate of universal expansion is greater than the speed of light. That doesn't mean there isn't a boundary out there.
>>
>>141027569
>killed
>killed
>people didn't watch the movie
As shit as it was, it made sense.
>>
>>141027357
Why the hell are you talking about characters when you can't even spell their names right?
>>
>>141027509
>Why would that happen?
Because hes the fucking CONCEPT OF DESTRUCTION ITSELF

Destruction is more than just blowing up planets every single fraction of second ribosomes in your cells are destroyed by chemical processes, and so on.

Say you were made the god of fire on earth well your job is to basically allow fire or remove fire are fire fire is you.
>>
>>141027677
Except Beerus was destroying shit for no reason.
>>
Why are Bulma's boobs so big?
>>
>>141027640
>Lex Luthor
Bloody automatic correction. Really though, he's Luthor in name only.
>>
>>141027717
Really though, it doesn't matter. It's a new story just roll with it or don't.
>>
>>141027593
It's also possible that there is no boundary and that the universe isn't infinite.
You can fly around the earth in a 'straight' line all you want and you could keep thinking that the earth was infinite
>>
>>141027709
Because shes best girl.
>>
>>141027677
>Because hes the fucking CONCEPT OF DESTRUCTION ITSELF
Where did this come from? It's a job title which Beerus thought about passing onto Goku if he ever died. It's like being the CEO.
>>
>>141027357
Because it was genuinely a bad movie.
>>
>>141027705
Exactly he is no god he is a just power mad sadist.

When you kill rat you feel disgusting, when you kill an insect you feel nothing, and you will kill a paramecium you dont even acknowlege its existence. Therefore a universal entity like Beerus should not be sadistic towards mortals since they are like bacteria to him in comparison.
>>
>>141027760
>Android 18
>Videl
>>
>>141027773
It really wasn't that bad.
>>
>>141027480
How are Beerus and Champa brothers if they exist in different dimensions?
>>
>>141027588
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MW9Nrg_kZU
>>
>>141027787
>Exactly he is no god he is a just power mad sadist
He's a guy with a job. Was Kami in tune with nature?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK4T73n9GbU

Supernatural's death is the closest accurate depiction to how a godlike being could view humans and that is the same way we see bacteria.
>>
>>141027831
are you an idiot?
this video clearly shows that goku is the winner
>>
File: photo_2016-04-27_23-12-24.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-04-27_23-12-24.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>141027878
>hurr hurr
>being this much of a faggot
Dude did you even hear the first half?
>>
>>141027928
it's compensated by how lame supes was in the second half while Goku was average in the first absolutely destroyed him in the second
>>
File: bleeding edge.jpg (19 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
bleeding edge.jpg
19 KB, 333x500
>>141027928
Iron man beats both
>>
>>141027831
>except goku got defeated by heat beams
>>
>>141027864
Think about what you would do if you were a god. There's actually nothing to do in this universe that's interesting besides interacting with other sentient beings. Human's can't talk to bacteria so your point is invalid, by the way.
>>
>>141008433
>Lord Chaos
>Caring about balance at all
What kind of shit chaos is this?
>>
>>141028044
>implying gods can get bored
Anon their intelligence is too high for them to be bored.
>>
>>141028017
And Superman got beaten by radiation from green rocks.
>>
File: Emprah.jpg (86 KB, 400x889) Image search: [Google]
Emprah.jpg
86 KB, 400x889
>>141028053
All Chaos is shit Chaos anon.
>>
>>141028014
how can he beat goku when he can't even beat his own alcholism
>>
>>141028073
And Goku gets beat by bacteria in the heart.
>>
>>141028072
>they're high for them to be bored
Fixed
>>
>>141028072
You just made that up.
>>
>>141027494
yeah but dragonballs.
>>
>>141028097
And Superman was dying due to sunbathing too much once.
>>
>>141028097
He beat that with medicine. It's too bad Superman never got the idea to wear a hazmat suit.
>>
>>141028155
And Goku gets beaten by magma.
>>
>>141005578
Human ethics don't apply to alien races, even less to Gods.
>>
>>141028169
>It's too bad Superman never got the idea to wear a hazmat suit.
Superman needs a weakness to keep him in check.
>>
>>141028155
That's impossible. The sun is his source of power. He can fly into the sun and go straight to the core with no injury. It only makes him stronger.
>>
File: The Goddamn Batman.png (978 KB, 719x729) Image search: [Google]
The Goddamn Batman.png
978 KB, 719x729
We all know that there is only one DC character that can truly trump Goku.
>>
>>141028203
>what is All-Star Superman
>>
>>141028172
No he didn't. Frieza chucked him in some lava once.
>>
>>141028230
The robot guy says otherwise, what kind of god needs oxygen super saiyan GOD my ass.
>>
>>141028273
>what kinda god needs oxygen
>implying based oxygen isn't wanted by everything
>>
File: bulgeta.gif (60 KB, 378x316) Image search: [Google]
bulgeta.gif
60 KB, 378x316
>>141010095
It's his bulge that is a mass murder.
>>
>>141028222
That makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>141006535
And superman can't beat Saitama so it evens out
>>
>>141028273
>Muh western omnipotent god
>>
>>141023416

It's now a popular scientific theory that the entire universe loops in on itself like a super giant planet. It's just so vast that what we perceive it to be infinite cause it's so large that it is beyond our scope of imagination.
>>
>>141028982
That isn't a popular theory.
>>
>>141029046

It isn't popular just like how the world wasn't flat and how there was only 8 planets in our solar system. Science gives no fucks.
>>
>>141027738
What if

What if the universe is just an earth equivalent to yet another, greater dimension out there
WOAH
>>
>Supreme Kais are pretty weak compared to Gods of Destruction
>Supreme Kais are supposed to be a balance in the universe with the Gods of Destruction
Why? Why is there no Supreme Kai that is as strong as Beerus in this universe? How and why the fuck they even have meetings when a guy like Beerus can transform a Kai into a sword like it's a common daily thing to do? How can they allow someone that has a job to do to sleep for so many years allowing shit to happen in the universe? Where the fuck was Beeurs when Buu killed the Kais and was destroying planets for fun?

Oh yeah I forgot, Toriyama doesn't plan shit and likes to play around. My bad.
>>
>>141028982

But what's outside of that planet
>>
>>141028017
>>141006535
>Superman gets cucked/Lois dies/almost never be truly happy

Goku got married had kids and keeps hit bitchy but otherwise loyal waifu that makes dinner for him every night

>Superman cant even fap let alone have sex unless a lot of superpower crap is involved

Goku fucks his tsundere waifu whenever she wants (he doest care about sex so yea)

>Superman is always under the eye of the public, media, governments, fellow superheroes some times even feared like a monster and criticized by his detractors

>Goku lives a happy life doing whatever he wants eating tasty food, training hard and fighting gods, aliens and demons. Some of them even become their friends

How would win in a fight? I don't know but Goku already won the game of life.
>>
File: jcdenton.jpg (88 KB, 900x632) Image search: [Google]
jcdenton.jpg
88 KB, 900x632
>>141029101
do you have any evidence to back this up?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.