[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would Death Note have changed if Light used diseases as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: raito brighto.jpg (978 KB, 2421x1378) Image search: [Google]
raito brighto.jpg
978 KB, 2421x1378
How would Death Note have changed if Light used diseases as a cause of death instead of just heart attacks? Like list all the criminals to die of pneumonia in the winter months. In Japan people die of colds all the fucking time...Other diseases like stomach cancer would work well too since that's real prevalent in Japan too

Anyway Death Note thread i guess
>>
>>140964913
Yeah, when I was watching it when I was younger I really had no idea at all why he went for heart attacks. Just seems to stand out as obviously an act of god, rather than just coincidence. Especially the fact that he kept the same exact "only-heart-attacks" MO even while being investigated was ridiculous.
>>
>>140964913
Because millions of desert and jungle dwellers dying of pneumonia makes no sense. Light killed a fuckload of people arounf the Earth.
>>
Heart attack was the default kill mode for the Death Note. He couldn't prevent it.

Remember in Ep 2 he kills a guy by making him touch the paper to see Ryuk, which he had written into the method as a "ghost."

I.e. anything but a heart attack takes time (I think it's all part of the "Can control someone for up to ten days" clause). Besides, that would eventually become suspicious too.
>>
>>140964913
light did nothing wrong
>>
LIGHT IS A VILLAIN AND DESERVES HIS DEATH
>>
he should have added his name to the death note
>dies from old age at 100
>>
File: Japanese truck drivers.webm (2 MB, 634x463) Image search: [Google]
Japanese truck drivers.webm
2 MB, 634x463
What if he made it so that all the criminals died from Japanese trucks?

>>140965179
I thought it was mostly around Japan, at least at first. Not sure how many people he killed elsewhere. It's been a while since I read the manga though.
>>
>>140965355
Read the death note rules baka sempai
>>
>>140965355
If you write down someone's name in the death note, their death has to be specified to within 3 days if I remember correctly. So that wouldn't work.
>>
>>140964913
The whole point was he wanted everyone to think someone was behind their deaths, so they'd be intimidated out of a life of crime.
>>
>>140965179
he started with japan/japanese local criminals, then moved up to killing major criminals in prison and then to irl problem criminals i think?

either way there's definitely a way to make all their deaths look natural.
>>
>>140965179
He could pick a contagious disease that would make for a believable epidemic.

But I think everyone is forgetting that he wanted to be conspicuous and people needed to know some force is actively killing off criminals. If it looked natural they wouldn't be scared enough to stop committing crimes.
>>
>>140965202
it's default yes, but he could absolutely prevent it, it just meant writing more than just someone's name. He killed that one motorcycle due via car crash pretty damn easily
>>
>>140965355
can't extend natural life- you can prevent a gruesome death, though
>>
To make it seem like an actual act of god, he could switch it up and make them die from some new bacteria or super ebola or something that has spread to everyone but oh criminals are susseptital to it.
>>
>>140964993
They were supposed to look like acts of god, that was the whole point.
>>
But nobody considered it act of god, it was just Kira. The investigation teams from the start were looking for a person
>>
>>140966085
This is the only right answer in this thread.
>>
>>140966195
>But nobody considered it act of god
epilogue for the manga says otherwise

Also several people in the manga/anime referencing this being "the wrath of god" before the kira thing happened and it was assumed to be a person
>>
>>140966055
> susseptital
Dude what
>>
>>140964913
L would had have to have found another asspull way of narrowing down something which could literally never be found.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.