[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Master Roshi wished to return to teaching, but felt that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
161 KB, 1280x720
>Master Roshi wished to return to teaching, but felt that he was too old, thus his former pupil Krillin took on the duty of re-establishing his teacher's school as the New Turtle School. Krillin's teachings emphasized teamwork and overwhelming stronger opponents with multiple attacks. Having fought many battles alongside Saiyans and Namekians, Krillin understood that Humans simply could not compare to aliens and developed techniques that revolved around working together. Even if they are unable to deal a killing blow to kill their opponent, they can still weaken them and, by combining their efforts with others, would be able to contend with far stronger enemies.

>Having witnessed the Super Spirit Bomb that Goku used to defeat Kid Buu, Tien Shinhan realized that it was possible for an individual to defeat even the strongest opponent by raising their power to the limits and gathering tremendous amounts of ki for a powerful enough spiritual attack. With his newfound belief, Tien opens the New Crane School to educate the planet's new generation of warriors. Tien developed techniques that revolved around strategically collecting ki and unleashing bursts of intense energy with precise timing, believing that it is more important to develop aggressive attacks by controlling ki than it is to provide support.

Who do you agree with?
>>
>>140957520
I kinda think it's best to have them both practice and teach their philosophies.
They aren't exactly in opposition to each other, and if they joined forces they'd probably become incredibly powerful.
>>
Tien. Kirllin is a pussy.
>>
>Master Roshi was centuries old when he trained Goku
>But 40 years later he's too old to teach
>>
>>140958021
>Fights against freezer's elite squad
>Cuts the tail of emperor freezer
>Tames 18 with his dick

He is not very strong but a pussy? Nah
>>
>>140957520
>>140958322

Ins't Roshi inmortal ayway?
>>
File: Jackie_Chun_rings_himself_out.jpg (100 KB, 843x543) Image search: [Google]
Jackie_Chun_rings_himself_out.jpg
100 KB, 843x543
>>140958432
>>140958322
To be fair, he's been wanting to just kick back and let the new generation take up the mantle of teaching martial arts since the 22nd Budokai.
>>
>>140957520
It will never make it's way into the main universe. Why bother?
>>
>>140957520
But what happened to yamcha?
>>
>>140959910
Who?
>>
>>140957520
I would really really like it if those two actually went on to teach.

I would also go to Tien. I'm more of a solo guy.
>>
>Coping with being a side character by being smart and careful
Vs.
>Trying to become a main character through sheer willpower
>>
Well, Tien's sort of wrong, it wasn't Goku's energy that fueled the spirit bomb. It was everyone else's at once, plus his own

So what he witnessed was basically Krillin's support mentality at work there, except it was also with someone retardedly strong.

But really, both have good points. I think the Krillin idea is more interesting for a story though. Imagine if every student of his had to be paired off with another one so they'd learn to cooperate and fight together properly, reminding him of his days training with Goku as kids?

Shit would be cute yo
>>
>>140960395
>Should lead to happiness but because anime, you'll get yourself killed
Vs.
>Won't get killed because you're too strong but you'll always be unhappy and never reach your goal
>>
>>140957520
Krillins duh
Cell proved that overwhelming power doesn't mean shit if you can't even hurt them. Best you can do is weaken them.
>>
>>140960693
>>140957520
A mix of both.
>>
considering the power scale the series is at now, humans teaming up together wouldn't mean jack shit for the majority of enemies
>>
Isn't everyone already doing what Tien wants?

What else would you do, what the fuck
>>
>>140957520
>By witnessing the super spirit bomb, an attack that can only be possible by using the energy of MANY and then throwing it at someone does Tenshinhan somehow make the questionable realization that an individual can defeat the strongest opponent by pressing their power to the limits and gathering Ki for a powerful attack.
What? Also isn't that basically what the Kikoho does? And doesn't that attack kill you? And doesn't the "Pushing your power to the limits" thing backfire? Isn't that why Goku couldn't maintain SSJ3. I'm so confused.
>>
>>140958432
Aparently he is able to not age anymore but this is related with some kind of weird water he used to drink.

He could suddenly drop dead one day or just live thousands of years.
>>
>>140961141
>>140961328
I think the "gathering ki" or "strategically collecting ki" part is meant to be gathering ki from outside sources, like the Genki Dama, since that's the inspiration.
>>
I don't like fanfiction
>>
>>140961671

then how about fuck Tien for trying to make a school out of that? If you take too much energy from other sources, they fucking die.

And if you don't defeat your enemy with a single blast, you run out of fuel for another shot unless you want to mass murder everything around you, or hightail somewhere else with non exhausted ki sources, which sounds like a horrible plan B. There's a reason Goku only really used it as a last resource
>>
>>140961759
It makes sense.You need some crazy plot device like that in order to justify human characters keeping up with aliens, considering everything Dragonball established.
>>
File: ded.jpg (34 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
34 KB, 600x400
>>140959910
>>
>>140959910
He opens a gym and gets to train a baseball team who gets to the majors and wins the championship

Pretty fucking cool
>>
>>140965027
Not canon and still a cuck
>>
>>140965087
I bet i could sell it to japs and they would make a spin off
>>
>>140961759
To be fair to Tien, there is a noticeable progression of his Kikoho through the series.

When he uses it full power against Nappa, it fucking kills him and does crap to Nappa.

When he uses the Shin Kikoho against Semi-Perfect Cell, not only can he spam the thing several times before going down, it also actually manages to keep Cell down even if it doesn't truly hurt him. This despite the fact that the difference between Saiyan Saga Tien and Nappa was much smaller than the difference between Cell and Tien.

By the Buu Saga, the guy actually destroys one of Buutenk's ki blasts with his Kikoho which is insane if you consider how fucking outclassed he is by then.

So yeah, there is something to his idea of impossibly intense, controlled ki blasts.
>>
Strongest Earthling In DBZ?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10105864
>>
>>140965367
Gohan is the strongest Earthling
>>
>>140959910
>Having suffered defeat after defeat, Yamcha knew that he cannot compete against powerful threats like his fellow allies. Having formed an inferiority complex, Yamcha decided to choose a path he must walk by himself an become a lone wolf that devours his enemies. He now believes that fighting for your friends is a liability that held him back and decided to seek out true power by fighting solely for one self. Those were the last records ever found about Yamcha before he headed out to start his quest and was never seen again.
>>
>>140965230

Still, all those applications minus the Nappa flop are so much more useful as support, if you are definitely outclassed. And in the dragon ball universe, if you are not a sayan, you WILL be outclassed.

His ideas are more ambitious than Krillin's and that shows a higher ammount of success, but the execution is not going to be exactly what he wants. And that still doesn't adress the fact that if he teaches an entire school to draw energy from other living beings, shit's going to die more often than it needs to. Goku is like the only person on earth that can use the spirit bomb, and he can draw energy from entire fucking planets. Imagine if more people could do things like that?

A mixture between both would be better for everyone
>>
>>140965815
This is a joke right?
>>
>>140965230
Yeah, his ki blasts are so intense that his tri beam leaves rectangular shaped blast marks.
>>
File: 1356480340059.jpg (178 KB, 708x800) Image search: [Google]
1356480340059.jpg
178 KB, 708x800
>>140965815
If you wrote that yourself, Bloody nice.
>>
>>140965367
>Kurrrurururururururrin
It's Krillin, you cock sucking japfag.
>>
File: f_that_nig.jpg (54 KB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
f_that_nig.jpg
54 KB, 780x438
>Tien will never be relevant again
>Super will end with tournament arc after tournament arc.
>>
File: New Turtle School.png (2 MB, 1124x923) Image search: [Google]
New Turtle School.png
2 MB, 1124x923
>>140960693
>pic related
>>
>>140968311
What else is there to do? They're already literally universe-shattering strong. No bad guy is that tough.
>>
tien is the one who has done actual badassery against non humans

krillin in the first one to rush in and die

if I had to choose just one I think tien gives me the best chance
>>
>>140968311
Tenshinhan stopped being relevant after the 22nd Budokai
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.