[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
after watching the very mediocre first episodes of most shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 20
File: AOTY.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AOTY.png
1 MB, 1280x720
after watching the very mediocre first episodes of most shows this season, I'd say this is still a pretty solid candidate for AOTY. Do you agree, /a/?
Which shows do you think can surpass it this year?
>>
It was sweet but there's already stuff I like a lot this season and there's a bunch I'm looking forward to this year in general. Still an excellent show, don't get me wrong. I loved it to bits, I'll rewatch the blurays and I'm stoked for the rest of the adaptation.
>>
I can't see anything else topping it so far this season from what I'm watching, although I'm enjoying quite a few shows. Even if their plots end up being decent, they aren't going suddenly gain the top tier direction Rakugo did.
>>
Depending on how much you hate fun, Macross ∆ has the potential, and Trigger has two shows that could take it, if they end up going somewhere before the season ends.
>>
>>140873146
>some faggot who's just now starting this season thinks that a show is AOTY in April
No one cares, commit sudoku.
>>
>>140873755
Yup, those are the ones I'm liking best this season. Macross is stellar so far.
>>
>>140873755
How is macross delta stellar? Is it like frontier? I greatly disliked it, is there something besides harem shit?
>>
>>140874875
I've only seen SDF so far so I dunno. It's a great show though, excellent cast with great chemistry, slick production and the music is fantastic. It's super fun, has me smiling from start to finish. I hope you at least give it a try!
>>
>>140873755
>fun
close to comfy in terms of cancer. Rakugo will stay AOTY.
>>
>>140875063
>literally no fun allowed
>>
File: MyWifesSon.jpg (111 KB, 937x522) Image search: [Google]
MyWifesSon.jpg
111 KB, 937x522
>>140873146
It was pretty sweet till they turned up the drama to k-drama tier. Holy fuck was that double roof fall making me roll me eyes. And then throw in more NTR bs from nowhere at all. Wife´s son meme being this real.

1/10, worst drama of the year. I just wanted it to be about Rakugo and friendship.
>>
Did the OVAs get subbed or did I just dream it?
>>
>>140876330
I remember the retarded thread you made, which you obviously didn't read since so many people had to explain to your dumb ass- THE ROOF SHIT WAS A LIE. It did not happen.

There was also literally no drama surrounding the fact that MC didn't father the kid. The pregnancy is somewhat dramatic, the 'NTR' is non existent between characters who don't have a romantic subplot.
>>
File: Natsume-Yuujinchou-wallpaper.jpg (77 KB, 700x432) Image search: [Google]
Natsume-Yuujinchou-wallpaper.jpg
77 KB, 700x432
>>140873146
>Which shows do you think can surpass it this year?

Natsume's Book of Friends 5
>>
>>140876330
>implying k-dramas are bad

You have a shitty taste in drama. Kys
>>
>>140875063
Please tell me you're not serious
>>
>>140876425
Wait what? You mean his ex-girlfriend and best friend did not fall to their demise? How did his best friend die then?
>>
>>140876510
Not that anon but I assume he's referring to people who call shitty shows 'fun' and 'comfy' because they're either trainwrecks or boring. They're very overused words and rarely in the right way.
>>
>>140876492
>Wanting k-drama in your Chinese moving picture show
>Not watching the K-drama shows instead
You might as well kill yourself.
>>
>>140876578
Or maybe people disagree about whether something's boring? Is that so impossible?
>>
>>140876621
>Not watching the K-Drama shows instead

Are you retarded? Suicide through Rakugo isnt adapted to Korean Drama yet you dipthong
>>
>>140876425
>Vanillafaggots being this delusional
It was shit writing, the author needed to get those two cunts out of the picture. Maybe nothing better came to mind since car accident would not to fitting for the period. Also needed to make it feel like it was the MCs fault. Also the whole thing about the red haired bitch being a 24/7 hallway for wieners should have been foreshadowed, just drama for dramas sake.
>>
>>140876743
>Korea
>Rakugo
Educate yourself pleb.
Also:
>Suicide through being dumb and dramatic
They could have made it if they wanted to live. There were other open balcony to fall down to by swinging. K-dramas could write better death scenes.
>>
>>140876565
Miyokichi stabbed Sukeroku and Konatsu pushed her off the balcony
>>140876754
Nothing better coming to mind despite the fact that it literally was not what happened? The only person who needed to seem at fault was Kiku, hence lying to make himself look worse and protect Konatsu. Nothing needs to be foreshadowed about an adult woman having a kid, it's part of her introduction as a character. We get it, you don't like girls having sex or getting pregnant with anyone but your self insert, that doesn't mean you can pretend it's more dramatic than it actually is so you've got something to criticize the writing over.
>>
>>140873146
Had the potential to be something. But the shameless fujo pandering, and them acting like immature children even after becoming adults is a case of mangaka having zero knowledge on how people interact with each other in general. Not even real life normal gay people behave like Bon and Sen.
>>
>>140876893
Are you for real mate? The balcony just broke. That is all, it was an unfortunate accident.

I wish we could have a Rakugo thread without shitposters like you making shit up just to bait.
>>
>>140876845
>Being this autistic

This is why Jap cartoons are pandering to neckbeard autists
>>
>>140877007
you'd know best, faggot.
>>
>>140876893
On one hand, you´re defending the show. On the other hand, you´re writing fanfiction. How about you decide on a role and stick to it. Instead of showing a case of severe split personality.
>>
>>140877130
Go out a little. He was right all along, anime was a mistake.
>>
File: 1457131815744.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457131815744.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
>>140877007
>Not even real life normal gay people behave like Bon and Sen
You're mixing up gay josei characters.

They're all realistic as fuck by anime/manga standards anyway, I have no clue what you think is immature considering how toned down their reactions were to Miyokichi's drama. And she's an unfortunately realistic female character aside from the murderous intent.
>>
>>140877007
>Not even real life normal people behave like Bon and Sen.

You need to go out from your mom's basement.
>>
It's still the best show so far this year. None of the stuff I've picked up this spring beats it yet. That can always change though.
>>
>>140877216
>>140877202
>each side telling the other to get out more
When will this "everyone who disagrees with me is a basement dwelling NEET" shit end?
>>
>>140877272
when you neckbeards know how real people interact with each other
>>
>>140877272
You got to assume the other party is a NEET shut-in when they think the average anime is believable.
>>
>>140877272
When people stop disagreeing with me.
>>
>>140877264
Watch more shows. Thunderbolt, a show about the characters trying to kill each other displayed great subtle human drama. Showing, not telling is the key.
>>
>>140876893
bait/10
Got your fictionpress link where I can read more of your masterpieces?
>>
>>140877272
Never, the power of buzzwords is too strong. Everyone who disagrees with you is a NEET, if they're Japanese they're an otaku, and they're all also probably hikkis and only like SoL and are also illiterate and fat. This is how life works according to /a/.
>>
>>140877429
>Showing, not telling is the key.
First off, that's not the key to anything aside from being babby's first literary critique. Dialogue is not a drawback to a character drama. And Rakugo doesn't drop the ball with either dialogue or visual direction, so I don't know why you're implying it didn't sufficiently 'show' the drama.
>>
>>140877335
yeah because real people interaction is straight forward.

>>140877429
captain ODs on a drug and screams she can't fight anymore. so subtle. gundam thunderbolt was fine visually but its story sucked. only made because the UC fags need to kept in check every once in a while.
>>
>>140876425
Headcanons are cute and all. Just contain it. Maybe this would have ended up better if it followed your route.
>>
>>140877081
>>140877146
>>140877519
Am I being baited?
>>
>>140877429
>Thunderbolt
>anything higher than a 7/10
It was rushed to shit, the animation was the only redeeming feature of it.
>>
>>140877007
>acting like immature children even after becoming adults is a case of mangaka having zero knowledge on how people interact with each other
You're the naive one here, not the mangaka.
Tryhard underagebanned.
>>
>>140877945
I seriously can´t tell if you´re for real or just pretending. And, sadly I do believe there are individuals being this too stupid to comprehend a simple scene. Did you watch it without subs? Even if you did, is clear it shows how the death of those two happened. I know it was dumb as fuck, but accept that it happened, old veranda broke, they fell, Bon don´t lift and splat. I´m sure your fanfic would have been better overall though.
>>
>>140877945
No. You're the baiter.
>>
>>140877081
>>140876893
Not defending fanfic anon but I don't get why Sukeroku wanted to commit sudoku. He got his woman to care about him at the end and was all ready to start a new life with the kid and the gay.
>>
>>140877945
I think it's some new meme we both missed, just let it go
>>
>>140878103
>Only fujo faggot would defend fujo mannerism to be real
And tomorrow the sun will rise.
>>
>>140878164
What a weird thing to shitpost about in a season with Mayoiga and Kabaneri.
>>
>>140878141
He knew Bon didn´t have the strength to drag up two adults with his boipucci hands. So he decided better just two of them died instead of maybe three. What I don´t get is why they didn´t just try to land/latch to the floors down below. And maybe the studio fucked up, didn´t seem all that high, nips don´t build tall buildings at the period of time.
>>
>>140878164
No need to samefag. At least you tried. Kind of interesting why you doing this schtick in a dead series thread if you wanted a lot of (you)s
>>
Kabane is AOTY for me so far, but we're not even halfway through the year yet so arguing about that is pretty retarded. It's definitely AOTS so far though.
>>
>>140878335
Agree for now. But I think Mob Psycho will take that spot later if they do not fuck up the adaptation. Rak just sperged out in the last third for it to be anywhere but the bottom.
>>
>>140878429
>Kageyama Shigeo (a.k.a. "Mob") is a 8th grader with psychic abilities. He could bend spoons and lift objects with his mind from a young age, but he slowly began to withhold from using his abilities in public due to the negative attention he kept receiving. Now, the only thing he wants is to become friends with a girl in his class, Tsubomi. With his psychic "mentor" (who has no psychic powers), he continues his daily life, attempting to realize his purpose in life.

I haven't read it obviously, but that sounds really uninteresting to me. Is it really that good?
>>
>>140878335
>Kabaneri
>AOTS
Please be joking.
>>
>>140878532
I thought so too, and I wanted to skip it when I saw how the art was. Glad I read it despite that. I can give you a run down.

The main theme here is the MC is a very powerful esper, but he finds no joy in his power since he fucked some people up and hurt his brother by accident. And since he dropping his spaghetti all the time by being autistic, he gets kind of isolated from everyone else. The MC finds a friend though, in his master, a dude that run a scam business of removing ghost/bad spirits. A lot of it is about the growth of MC, finding a place to belong, the usual good adolescence stuff. It fucking hilarious and both romantic/emotional (not as in love, but the MC have a crush on a girl) loaded. The master is 10/10 for being a scam artist of the highest degree. And the fights scenes was crazy.
>>
>>140878704
Not at all. I've watched all of the episodes that have aired three times now, and I am super excited for the next one. While I definitely like other shows this season, I have not enjoyed nor anticipated any show this season anywhere near this level.

Why do you dislike it that much? I can get not thinking it's AOTS, but going so far as to post what you did when I put my honest assessment makes it seem like you have some vendetta against the show.
>>
>>140877007
This makes sense.
>>
>>140878762
It's not that I dislike it, but the last episode put a big dent in my opinion on it with Mumei being an idiot and antagonising everyone and responding to every provocation while also flipping Ayame off.
>>
>>140878761
Well, the way you describe it makes me actually want to read it. You should get into writing synopses. The ugly art remind me of One Punch Man, is it made by the same guy.

Reading now, hope it's good man. Thanks.
>>
>>140878704
>HUUUR IS POPUUULAR DURRR
We get it, you are fitting in already, now go away.
>>
File: 1443740067989.png (364 KB, 486x330) Image search: [Google]
1443740067989.png
364 KB, 486x330
>>140878856
>>
>>140878814
I actually sort of agreed at first, but on my second viewing and some thinking, I realized that Mumei is just an over privileged and stupid kid with abnormal abilities and treatment, hence her acting like a moron. It's easy for a normal adult to say "hey kid, you're stupid, do that more subtly", but when she is capable of killing everybody on the train and then some with no lasting injuries, and has been for a long time, I can see how she would be out of touch with most people. When I was twelve I could barely ask somebody for my fucking school lunch without sperging out, so I can see how she would be a moron when asking for blood.
>>
>>140878825
Great.
Hope you like.
>>140878814
Ah you little beta faggot. First of all, she´s a kid, second, do you need a longwinded exposition info dump on why she is acting so hostile? Fucking basic shit like she is maybe tired of being shunned all the time, since she done the dance a million times, and people react the same way, might as well cut to the chase. You want a Mary Sue or what? Those flaws is going to make her to a good character.
>>
>>140878856
It's literally Attack on Titan with Zombies. They didn't even go for the brilliant human defeats superior opponent with new steampunk tech angle. They literally just had the main character copy the zombie powers. What a complete waste of potential.
>>
>>140879047
Problem is, apart from that she hasn't shown herself acting like a believable 12-year old.
>>
>>140878997
That is not what projecting means. Psych 101 should be obligatory to avoid meme words being misused.
>>
>>140877945
Yes, secondaries ignore them
>>
>>140873146
It is not even better than konosuba.
>>
>>140879075
You have not met many 12-years old have you? (I got sisters).
>>140879052
>Your comprehension level being this low
MC is building a new steam gun, is one of the main plot line, the powers do nothing for him except some regen and not turning into a zombie.
>>
>>140879050
>Those flaws is going to make her to a good character.
>Okouchi
>12 episodes
>anyone being a good character
>>
>>140879050
I hope so too.

>>140879075
How? She's really good at killing kabane, because so far that seems to be the only thing she is good at. She clearly has no idea how to interact with others, she thinks kicking and punching resolves disputes, and she threatens to kill people when they get in her way. When I see some ten year old prodigy playing paino, they don't seem ten to me, but that expertise ends when they're not playing. I feel like the same applies to Mumei. She's competent when killing not zombies, but fails at life in just about every category. Remember her trying to explain how to fight to Ikoma? Boom Boom Bang (or whatever it was) is far from a useful instruction, and sounds like how a kid who operates off of instinct would explain something to a layman.
>>
>>140873146
The year isn't even half way over yet faggot.
>>
>>140879113
Stop. Hypothetically, if that was the case, we are talking about the anime. Which just simply implies fanfic faggot did not watch the shit show.
>>
>>140873755
>Trigger has two shows that could take it
>implying Luluco is anything but an okay comedy short
>>
>>140879052
I bet you watch shitty youtube weebs who say the same thing
>>
>>140879075
Cocky, respectless to useless adults, playful, tough act, actually emotionally vulnerable, having problem communicating with people. Seems to check the list of being a child.

Interact with more people anon.
>>
Is this the MAL thread?
>>
>>140873888
commit connect four
>>
>>140878825
Mob only wants to get /fit/
>>
>>140879349
Actually yes. Rakugo is very popular with MAL, I think it was in the top 40 best anime of all time. I hope /a/ realize what a pile of garbage this show is now.
>>
>>140879429
Muscle improvement club have the best brothers from another mother.
>>
>>140879339
>interact with more twelve-year-old girls
No.
>>
>>140879431
So is Kabaneri.
>>
>>140879431
Considering this board's current quality I think this show is legitimately accepted here.
>>
>>140879532
Now that you mention it, I agree, might be because the flooding of /v/. The other day we had a thread about how TG anime being mature and good.
>>
>>140879429
All people should want to get /fit/. It's the noblest pursuit short of helping your fellow man.
>>
>>140879532
Just because your precious candyslut flopped doesn't mean Rakugo was bad.
>>
>>140879680
Dagashit actually was my WAOTS last season.
>>
>>140879676
>wanting to get /fit/
>pure
It's like the most impure pursuit. 80% of the time the person wants to impress people and get laid.
>>
>>140879754
I never said it was pure, I said it was noble. The evolutionary purpose of men is to be strong and dependable, while women are supposed to be attractive and bear young. If defending your waifu isn't noble, then nothing is.
>>
>>140879680
Sadly, Rakugo was bad simply for being bad. It had such high promises at the start.
>>140879754
>Not wanting to improve your body to get the qt girl to notice you
Step it up senpai.
>>
>>140879850
>wanting 3D
Truly, getting /fit/ is the hobby of normalfags.
>>
>>140873755
Kiznaiver is already a trainwreck. Maintaining the status quo is being prioritised over character development, and the MC is a potato.

>>140873146
>Which shows do you think can surpass it this year?
Shokugeki no Soma S2 will be about as good as its first season, which is to say, great. Re:Zero has the most potential for AOTY though imho, provided it stays true to the psychological aspect of its premise.

Otherwise, Sakamoto desu ga? has potential too, but its brand of comedy is too subjective to give a quantitative assessment of.
>>
>>140879880
Is happening in anime dumbass.
>>
>>140873146
the girl never should have existed

worst character of the fucking year. ruined the entire show

last season had 3+ shows with cuckshit in them
>>
>>140879980
>Re:Zero
>Potential
>Self-insert fantasy world harem with edge
I will respect your opinion very little from now on.
>>
>>140880096
Keep the cuck memes on /pol/. You types would probably shit on Madame Bovary.
>>
>>140880096
>Red hair being cum dump
>Black hair being cum dump
The women of this show are really shit and NTR material.
>>
>>140880162
>>140880178
the show was objectively good until she fucked his friend for no reason other than she was a dumb slut
>>
File: 1444725835142.jpg (34 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1444725835142.jpg
34 KB, 170x170
>>140880114
I'm sorry to hear that you're completely incapable of enjoying anime that makes use of certain settings. It must suck being unable to appreciate thematic depth and psychologically draining scenarios all because of your own hang-ups.

Also, the phrase 'self-insert' refers to an audience's way of thinking. It's not a feature of any series. Just so you know.
>>
>>140880096
The red head is ok. Gingers dont have souls anyways so it was expected.
>>
>>140873146
A solid candidate, yeah, for now it is one of them. Though it's not even May, so let's not talk about choosing AOTY already.

>>140873755
Kiznaiver and what's the second one? Of course, you're not talking about Luluco.
>>
>>140880197
More like the show was objectively good until it made you feel uncomfortable, since you're used to being coddled by pure waifus. It was the dramatic climax of a romantic relationship and standard for the drama genre. It was also very in line with the personality of everyone involved.
>>
>>140876893
Why is everyone calling a mange spoiler fanfiction? Is this a new meme I missed?
>>
>>140880201
>Thematic depth
>Psychologically draining
Is this pasta? Never seen it, but is quality.
You almost had me for a second there, just a second. No depth, suffering for the sake of forced feels, not draining since they´re card board characters.

In case you are serious, Elfen Lied will be a masterpiece for you, enjoy.
>>
>>140879980
>Kiznaiver is already a trainwreck. Maintaining the status quo is being prioritised over character development, and the MC is a potato.

Glad I'm not the only person who thinks this. I've seen the show praised a lot on here, but episode one was boring as fuck, and two was a complete mess. I have three downloaded, but after the stupid shitfest that was episode two, I don't even want to watch it. It's a real bummer too, I wanted to love anything by Trigger so much. Add in that Leluco is only funny when you're drunk, and I am really disappointed in Trigger. They should have just made a Little Witch Academia anime like everyone wanted.
>>
>>140879980
How is Kiznaiver a train wreck?
>>
>>140880299
Three is fucking stupid. Also I'm still not sure if Kiznaiver wants to tell a story or show off characters.
>>
>>140880279
It was blatant pandering to 3dpd.
>>
File: 1437748011228.jpg (52 KB, 297x413) Image search: [Google]
1437748011228.jpg
52 KB, 297x413
>>140880279
>"I will love you know and I will clean up"
>"Baka, you should have said it earlier
>WE ALL CAN BE HAPPY NOW
>WHOOPS connivent veranda breaks for dramatic death
>"LET ME GO, YOU CAN`T PULL US UP, WE CAN´T TRY TO LAND ON THE LOWER FLOORS TO TRY AND SURVIVE, WE ARE 100% DEAD, BUILDINGS MIGHT NOT BE ALL THAT TALL IN THIS PERIOD, AND THIS BUILDING IS NOT ALL THAT TALL EITHER BUT WE ARE DOOOMED"
>Takes care of the slut daughter now
>Being a cunt to her
>She becomes a whore
>>
>>140876330
>Holy fuck was that double roof fall making me roll me eyes.
Oh course it did, it was an overdramatic lie.
>And then throw in more NTR bs from nowhere at all
But there was no NTR.
>>
>>140880385
Truly the kinoanime magnus opus of our generation.
>>
>>140880162
Half the classics would be shit by anons' logic - authorial self-insert? Adultery? Non-violence, aka >don't kill him or you'll be just as bad as him? Any of those mean it's shit, dropped immediately, and then it's time to gloat about how I'm such a sophisticated man of taste who doesn't like cliche garbage.
>>
>>140880416
What chapter in the manga to show that Kinku was lying? Why did he lie?
And whenever MC´s main love interest is fucked by somebody else, that is NTR, get used to it, new meaning to words is happening constantly.
>>
File: a coolest.webm (402 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a coolest.webm
402 KB, 1280x720
>>140873146
It wasn't steady enough. Lots of good parts, lots of bad parts. Macross already looks much stronger.
But I'm going to believe in Tanaka-kun.
>>
>>140880382
Has your mind been warped by too much haremshit and moe SoL? People cheating on each other and switching partners panders to nobody, it's the fucking bread and butter of any romance drama throughout history in any civilization, and isn't supposed to make anyone feel good. It's just a relatable, ubiquitous source of conflict.

Nobody ever cheating, having sex, or being with someone other than the MC is ACTUAL pandering, and just because it applies to most anime series does not make it the best way to create drama.
>>
>>140880378
I just started it, and it got worse. I like the OP, but fuck this show is a mess.

>>140880455
Even something spawned from complete shit can be good sometimes. That doesn't mean shit isn't still disgusting.
>>
>>140880455
But more than half the classics are shit.
>>
>>140880534
>relatable

quality projection bud
>>
>>140880595
>not wanting to get left for someone else isn't relatable
You relate to it so strongly that you won't tolerate it any form of media, thus actively going for the most immature series possible to avoid it hurting your feelings
>>
>>140880455
>a woman sucking dick for the purpose of whoring out is somehow comparable to murder mystery

What are you even talking about?
>>
>>140880639
>murder mystery
No, anon, what are you talking about?
>>
>>140880633
>thus actively going for the most immature series possible

you have to be baiting, there is no way you unironically just post "mature anime for mature anime watchers such as myself"
>>
>>140880500
>What chapter in the manga to show that Kinku was lying?
You don't need to read the manga to know he's lying. In episode 1, there's a short flashback from Konatsu's perspective that shows Kiku sitting next to a bloodstained Sukeroku, That alone is enough proof that he twisted the truth about Sukeroku's death.
>Why did he lie?
Because he knows Konatsu doesn't remember that she is the one who pushed her mother out of the window and he'd prefer to keep it a secret.
>And whenever MC´s main love interest is fucked by somebody else, that is NTR, get used to it, new meaning to words is happening constantly.
Which MC? Kiku? He broke up with Miyokichi and stopped giving a shit about her from that point on, so that's not NTR. Yotaro? He wasn't in a relationship with Konatsu in the first place and she wasn't his love interest when she got pregnant, so neither does that count as NTR.
>>
>>140880299
>I have three downloaded, but after the stupid shitfest that was episode two, I don't even want to watch it.
You'er not missing out on much. It was after episode 3 that I dropped Kiznaiver. I was still willing to give it a chance after the first two, but the third one confirmed to me that the relationships between the characters are going to remain stagnant.

>>140880374
>How is Kiznaiver a train wreck?
1-dimensional characters which aren't memorable or likeable, save for Chidori and Tenga. The MC has the memory of an alzheimer's patient and never seems to show anything vaguely resembling the ability to experience emotions, yet is paradoxically a cowardly bitch despite being unable to feel pain. But the biggest problem is that it's a plot-driven series with an arbitrary and nonsensical premise that doesn't intend to go anywhere. Trigger might be animating it in a lively fashion, but bright colours and punchy visual editing aren't nearly enough to save it.

>>140880285
>No depth, suffering for the sake of forced feels
Re:Zero hasn't really had any suffering so far, but it has the potential to be great later on and seems to be going in that direction for now. As for depth, it's an exploration of what it would be like to be trapped in a video game except not as a player but as a character. Maybe that's not your cup to tea but I find the idea interesting. If it instead turns into a shitty battle harem then I'll take back all the praise I've given it.
>>
>>140880679
If Konatsu pushed the mother ti her death how did her dad die? And can you take a ss of the blood flashback? I deleted the episodes long time ago.
As said NTR is whenever main love interest is fucked by some other dude. In this case, Konatsu.
>>
>>140880662
Yes, it's pretty immature for a series to shield the watcher from reality to spare their feelings. That's not bad writing and there's nothing inherently wrong it until it fucks with your ability to make reasonable judgements on series that show flawed characters doing the wrong thing.
>>
So glad the few Rakugo threads we had while it was airing were not a shitposting general like this shit thread.
>>
tumblr is in full force tonight defending a slut character
>>
>>140880862
>You'er not missing out on much. It was after episode 3 that I dropped Kiznaiver. I was still willing to give it a chance after the first two, but the third one confirmed to me that the relationships between the characters are going to remain stagnant.

I know this is super hypocritical, and maybe it's because I've been drinking, but I kind of liked episode three. I wouldn't call it good, but it's enjoyable (so far, I am sure they can fuck it up with fifteen minutes or so left) so it's definitely a step up from the previous episodes. I'll continue for now, but I won't call it good unless it gets way better.
>>
>>140880895
>it's pretty immature for a series to shield the watcher from reality to spare their feelings
Not him, but this is bullshit. Fiction is all about creating scenarios to elicit certain feelings. It's not immature for those scenarios to not be realistic if realistic equivalents would garner the wrong response.
>>
>>140880862
I read the manga, is much farther along than the anime. And the depth is lost because the characters have two-dimensional personality, so it explores nothing. Harem is in the form of marry-go-around, each girl gets focus for each volume/arc, they all fall for him. Also the theme have been done before minus the rewind, if you died in SAO you would die in reality and yadda yadda. Death is meaningless in Re:Zero since it can always be reset, also the toll on MC´s mind is very inconsistent, some rewinds, he almost forgets the shit that have happened, and become retarded all over again. I can see that you are intrigued if this baby´s first fantasy world harem shit.
>>
>>140880942
Because the threads was dead desu. Low numbers of unique posters, constant circlejerking that looks like the typical MAL thread. Now that people bothered to watch it after all the episodes are out, they realize what a shit show you guys were talking about.
>>140880958
Not surprising, white knighting is the norm now.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1360x768
>>140880888
>If Konatsu pushed the mother ti her death how did her dad die?
Miyokichi tried to stab Kiku to death, but was stopped by Sukeroku. The noise and screams woke up Konatsu, she entered over to the room they were in, saw her father dying and rushed Miyokichi, pushing her out of the window.
Also, seems like my memory was a bit faulty. Kiku is the one covered in blood, though the overall idea is still pretty obvious.

>As said NTR is whenever main love interest is fucked by some other dude
I'm not really sure where you got that definition. You might as well have made it up, because it doesn't make any sense in context. For there to be NTR, there has to be an actual reason for somebody to suffer from it so that it can be seen as a betrayal, but Yotaro doesn't actually have romantic feelings for her, so though he's shocked, he doesn't actually get emotionally damaged in any way.
>>
>>140881035
>It's not immature for those scenarios to not be realistic if realistic equivalents would garner the wrong response.
That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with expecting your audience to be mature enough to accept realistic scenarios without throwing a shitfit.
I'm not saying that being realistic has anything to do with being mature, but it's not particularly mature to bitch about something not conforming with your delicate sensibilities when some unpleasant elements are used to add depth and consistency to.a story.
>>
>>140881200
Might be possible. I still doubt it, sounds farfetched a loli could push a grown women down to her death. And you kind of have blood coming out if you fall from a height that will kill you. The blood is perhaps from Kiku embracing him after his fall. I could just look it up in the manga to see if it´s true, but I don´t like the show enough to put that effort in, you can confirm your theory by looking it up and telling me the chapter, for now is all in your head though.
>Worrying about NTR so much
Is a meme, relax. /a/ is struck by cuck/NTR fetish right now. Lurk more.
>>
>>140881357
he doesn't lurk, there is no way he would know.
>>
>>140873146
Mayoiga is the dark horse once we see just how far the train will go.

Macross, Re:Zero, Kabaneri are all high quality so far, haven't checked out Joker Game, and Kiznaiver's potential is yet to be seen.
>>
I'm quite happy stuff like Gankutsuou isn't airing these days, the threads would be /r9k/ incarnate.
>>
>>140873755
This is bait.

Delta is a shitty harem with awful artstyle. Luluco is an okay comedy short, and Kiznaiver is garbage.
>>
File: 1458940311033.png (1 MB, 1599x800) Image search: [Google]
1458940311033.png
1 MB, 1599x800
>>140881357
>>
>>140881485
>Macross
>re:shit
>Joker game
>Kiz
>Good
nice try.
>>
>>140873146
AOTY is reserved for Haikyuu S3
>>
>>140881516
>Delta is a shitty harem with awful artstyle
>Kiznaiver is garbage
(You)
>>
>>140873146
This season is a lot stronger than last season, but I don't think anything will take out Rakugo. Anime that makes even a barest effort to be artwork is very rare.

Though, I think Macross Delta or Kuromukuro have a chance of being my pick depending on where they go. When a series is fun enough it doesn't matter if it's just numb entertainment.
>>
File: smug animu gay.jpg (97 KB, 1846x1078) Image search: [Google]
smug animu gay.jpg
97 KB, 1846x1078
>>140879850
>Rakugo was bad for being bad

oy vey nice argument. This board full of contrarians are kek worthy they are the jester of themselves

>bu-but is just a meme
being a retarded redditfag is also a meme
>>
>>140881535
Oh shit, is true. Sorry for doubting you. This might be more hilarious than Kiku´s story. When did the nips beat the gooks in drama?
>>
>>140881563
Please share what shows you think are good this season then.

>inb4 haifuri and bear lolicon
>>
>>140881563
1/10 bait not even trying
>>
File: RWBY.png (182 KB, 352x455) Image search: [Google]
RWBY.png
182 KB, 352x455
>>140881582
To be fair, is at least full blown love triangle between elf alien and heart hair.
>>140881585
Rakugo is telling a story, not trying to be artwork you little hipster cunt, stop giving fans of the series bad rep. Have your damn fedora tip.
>>
>>140881585
cartoons aren't artwork. The medium as a whole is "numb entertainment"
>>
>>140881684
A love triangle, exactly. As Macross has always been. Not a harem.
>>
>>140881684
Art's not automatically pretentious you contrarian faggot, everything with any plot is "telling a story", Rakugo is presenting a theme and taking itself seriously. Don't project your bullshit onto other people.
>>
>>140881753
>contrarian
the hottest meme on the block
>>
>>140881701
>>140881684
Not him but the meaning of art is absurdly broad and unpretentious. I'd say as long as decent thought and effort is put into the direction and writing it can easily count as an attempt at making art.
>>
>>140881582
>Kiznaiver is garbage
This is actually true though.
>>
>>140881684
Reminder; All things are art except modern/ contemporary art. Rakugo is a form of performing art. Yoko Ono's singing is a form of noise barrage
>>
>>140881638
Sakamoto desu ga? -AotS
Kabaneri - Competent action show for now
Boku Hero - Is very much aimed for kids, so I´m getting bored as hell, but I can acknowledged it for being a good kid´s show.
>>
File: 1453375225771.png (246 KB, 743x743) Image search: [Google]
1453375225771.png
246 KB, 743x743
>>140881753
>Using projection wrong
I get mildly triggered every time.
>Art is not auto pretentious
Art is not pretentious, is pretentious when you try to put something in the art pedestal. No need to say it is art, when you try to do it, put the art label on something specific for the sake to make it a step above anything else, is pretentious.
>>
>>140881982
but Rakugo is a form of Performing art just like opera or singing
>>
>>140881886
>Sakamoto Desu Ga?
>AOTS

Not saying your wrong, but I got bored with manga after like ten chapters of the manga so I never even tried the anime. I can't really imagine the anime being much more entertaining.

I think Boku no Hero Academia is pretty great, but I've also read the manga so I guess I have a better appreciation for it because of that. They also trim out some of the more unsavory elements to make it more presentable, which I don't care for. Just the typical "manga is bettar" whining on my part.

Kabaneri is still AOTS for me though.
>>
>>140882094
>Boku no Hero Academia is great

4chan is age restricted. You have to go back
>>
>>140882125
>hur you have different tastes so you're X boogeyman

Just stop.
>>
>>140882040
I thought we were talking about the animated series.
>>
>>140882192
Im not the samefag
>>
>>140882094
The manga is only four volumes, so it does it´s thing and leaves before the the welcome is no longer there. Good comedy is rare, and being able to write something good with a Gary Stu as MC, that is worthy of all praise. And I know how it will end and the coming episodes material.

Kabaneri might take the spot in the end, I´m just cautious since is original with no souce for me to know how good it will be. For now, is all great.

Macross, Re:Zero, Flying Witch, Bunzou dogs or whatever, they´re all shit though.

>>140882125
Yeah is shit for the veteran watcher.
>>140882143
I have also read Boku, but is nothing more than a kid´s show, and never goes beyond that. Is fine as that.
>>
File: 54828120_p0.jpg (4 MB, 2480x3356) Image search: [Google]
54828120_p0.jpg
4 MB, 2480x3356
Pandora is AOTY
>>
>>140881886
>Sakamoto desu ga? -AotS
Respectable choice. It started extremely strongly. I think Re:Zero will pull ahead of it by 'summer' though, depending on how many fresh jokes they have ready for the rest of Sakamoto.
>>
>>140881535
Time to drop season 2 then.
>>
>>140882322
If they go by the manga (and if the manga goes by the LN), then Re:Zero will turn into SAO bad. Only way it can be salvaged is by doing original content right now. I doubt it.
>>
>>140879431
>I think it was in the top 40 best anime of all time

I'm pretty sure that the top rated list doesn't account for the amount of votes. so if 15 000 people rate Rakugo an average of 8.67, then it'll rank higher than for example Tatami Galaxy, which has an average of 8.66, but twice the amount of votes.
>>
>>140882442
also not to mention people highly overrate airing shows and their scores will always drop slowly over time..
>>
>>140882442
Never learned how their system worked, but yes, is rated higher than Tatami Galaxy. Which for me, is bs. But Rakugo plays like a drama show, is understandable why it have broad appeal.
>>
>>140882506
nah
Look at Nodame Cantabile or Nana
>>
>>140873755
I hope you aren't talking about Luluco and Kiznaiver here. Especially not about Kiznaiver.
>>
>>140882651
Look at SnK. It used to be top 5 or something stupid like that.
>>
>>140882506
>Steins;Gate still super high
Nah, the show stays unless something shitty happens in the end.
>>
>>140873146
I could see this being my AOTS, but I wouldn't expect the majority of people here feeling the same way about it.
>>
>>140879088
>>140879052
You're trying too hard.
>>
>>140882860
Please. If MAL didnt like it, majority of /a/ would cum buckets over it. Same with Shingeki.
>>
>>140882734
>top 5

No wonder. Nodame cantabile stayed in the top 60's or smthng and it just in that way ever since. Mushishi was top 20s and that's just that ever since. This show was at the top 50s so its possible that the show will stay at that spot for a long time until animay fags produce better shows that that that has actual substance just like Rakugo
>>
>>140881103
>dead
Yeah, if a show doesn't fill three threads within 2 hours of subs coming out they might as well not have any threads at all.

You're my favorite type of retard, anon.
>>
>>140882906
But /a/ was cumming buckets over Shingeki (even though it was a stinking pile of shit)
>>
>>140879282
What is an unreliable narrator?
>>
>>140882906
>Same with Shingeki.
Shingeki genuinely went to shit, and MAL liking stuff never stopped /a/ from praising the likes of Mushishi, Disappearance, etc.
>>
>>140881701
You can say that about everything.
>>
>>140873146
I liked everything about it, except the rakugo itself. I always just fast forwarded through the stories.
>>
>>140882994
Mushishi and Disappearance are constantly attacked on MAL for being "borefests"
>>
>>140882941
>Rakugo
>Any substance at all
Sweet meme. Animation is nothing, story is your average HK/KR/CH drama schlock. Sometimes I wonder if you wankers watch anything else beside anime to be so easily impressed by nothing. /a/ would orgasm none stop if they ever animated that Empress show that made half the world glue to their tv screen.
>>
This thread made me change my MAL rating on Rakugo from 8 to 7
>>
>>140882972
Yeah, but is popular now, I mean real popular, world wide success, /a/ hates it now. Is the same circle every time.
>>
>>140883030
Clearly not the majority opinion considering how they're ranked.
>>
>>140883031
I was watching for the Rakugo you retard. And the drama was better than your ERASED, Anohana, Shitgatsu, and even ToraDora shit
>>
>>140882906
I don't know. I think we're having too many people on here right now who are afraid the might turn gay if they see two male characters in a room together.

Also people who know too much about MAL should go back there and suicide bomb the place!
>>
>>140883031
Asian dramas are trash because of the poor execution, dragged out pacing and awful acting. Rakugo is well executed, paced and acted. Why are you acting like vaguely similar drama elements make them anything alike?
>>
>>140882941
I'm not saying all shows are deemed to drop like SNK did. I'm just saying that the ratings have a tendency to drop the more people watch the show. It's just logical. The variance evens out more. When a good show airs, it gets rated higher than normal because it is relatively rare for a good show to air, so people get hyped about it and want to praise it so more people will watch it. So the show gets higher ratings than normal. Then when people watch it after it has aired, when the hype has disappeared, they will on average rate the show more realistically, and the more people watch it the more realistic the shows rating goes, which usually leads to the ratings dropping.

I'm sure Rakugo will stay fairly high up, but I'm also certain its avg. rating will drop. Tatami Galaxy is a good example, I'm sure that when Rakugo hits 35 000 ratings, like Tatami Galaxy is at now, it will have a lower rating than what Tatami Galaxy has right now.
>>
>>140883052
>Not rating it 1 of 10 to make the faggots go mad it dropped in rankings
>>140882994
People shit on Mushishi on /a/ all the time as hipster shit.
>>
File: 1mAGIjK.png (88 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1mAGIjK.png
88 KB, 1366x768
>>140883071
we did that already anon

we got banned. now MAL is dead and all only leftist retards from reddit and tumblr remained there
>>
>>140883088
Asian drama are trash because of poor writing. Execution is reaching the top constantly now with the latest high budget show China crams out.

Anime would drag out their shows if they could afford it. They can´t, they lose money, viewers attention and time.
>>
>>140883124
You did not even put a dent in the big cog machine. What did put a dent was the spam of guro.
>>
>>140883088
Jumong, Jewel in the Palace, Giant, and Mother were top tier tho. You fags should pick your shows better
>>
>>140883106
only braindead faggots shit on Mushishi
>>
>>140883239
Mushishi is was below average. Is like slice of life without qt girls doing qt things. The OP was nice. That is all it had going for it.
>>
File: 1439233136207.gif (1 MB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1439233136207.gif
1 MB, 625x626
>>140883281
You need a bigger bait
>>
>>140883239
No people shit on it for being overrated as fuck.
>>
>>140882094
>Kabaneri is still AOTS for me
Opinion disregarded
>>
File: 1461778731988.webm (638 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461778731988.webm
638 KB, 1280x720
>>140881886
>Kabaneri
>Competent action show
>>
File: 1458951382225.jpg (33 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1458951382225.jpg
33 KB, 600x337
>all these shitty buzzwords used in a failed attempt at making Rakugo look like shit
>>
>>140873146
OP single when?
>>
>>140882315
Pandora was last season's AOTS
>>
>>140877205
Agree i just love Miyo
>>
File: 1455907248751.jpg (39 KB, 372x530) Image search: [Google]
1455907248751.jpg
39 KB, 372x530
Looking at Fall, I think this might be my AOTY.

The characters and story telling just gripped you as you kept watching and both of them dying was unexpected to me, I thought she would but not both.

Also people might think this is minor but a BL author writing a superb story like this just amazes me too.

Check the OST out too, It's solid.
>>
>>140876845
>suicide
>thinks thats what actually happened
>>
Rakugo is horribly boring. Not sure why anyone could possibly like it. The act itself is poorly translated through subs.
>>
New Game! will be AOTY
>>
>>140884652
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_UxWeBT1BY
>>
File: 1460138717988.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460138717988.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
>>140877945
Yes, and by very low quality bait aswell.
>>
>>140883124
They are not dead and you're still alive. That's not going to look good on your Gensokyo-application.
>>
>>140883239
Sadly, the type of ADD-kids we are getting these days don't realize that they are the problem, not the show.
>>
>>140879282
Are you retarded? Second season is confirmed anyway so the spoiler is sure to be part of the anime as well soon enough.
>>
Rakugo was excellent but I think I'll enjoy Macross more.
Plus I'm excited for a lot this year, like Battery, Flip Flappers or Yuri on Ice.
AOTY will be Silent Voice or In this Corner of the World though.
>>
>>140885161
Yeah. It came out of fucking nowhere. No one expected Deen to sweep us off our feet like that.
>>
>>140887001
>samefagging your own thread
>replying to a tripfag
>liking Rakugo
>>
>>140887001
It had been in production forever and Shinichi Omata is a talented dude, I was pretty certain it'd be great.
>>
>>140887260
Lets just hope that they can keep the quality up in season 2.
>>
>>140882381
>If they go by the manga (and if the manga goes by the LN), then Re:Zero will turn into SAO bad.
Wait what. How? Do they get rid of the premise? Does it feign a romance then turn into a shitty harem out of nowhere? Do they make the rules of the save states clear?
>>
>>140887354
Seems like production for it started immediately, so I think we can expect good things. I'd expect probably a winter airing?
>>
>>140878814
imo, most characters in kabaneri are absolutely retarded, intentionally. They're meant to be dumb people. Although the writing is still full of holes, regardless
>>
>>140888701
It's Okouchi, the fuck'd you expect.
>>
>>140885161
Tripfaggot with shit opinion. Surprise!
>>
>>140887147
>kyoanusfag still salty that their anime of choice was shit
>>
>>140877205
If all women were like that we would all be fucked. She doesn't even love her own daughter. All she has in her head is muh Kiku. Every other character is good.
>>
I think so, not much comes close.
>>
>>140878335
>Habanero
>AOTY
If that helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>140890889
Well, a character being realistic doesn't mean it has to be like literally every person on earth.
>>
>>140879431
Rakugo wasn't actually that bad compared to other shows, it was nice in some way setting aside the romance (which for me was kinda boring).
>>
>>140893771

It bored me to the point that I wanted to die by episode three, and I read classical literature regularly, so I'm not easily bored.
Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.