[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I'm late to the party on this one, but... >That
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: OPM.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
OPM.png
1 MB, 1366x768
I know I'm late to the party on this one, but...

>That first episode
>That opening
>That animation
>That art style
>That production value
>That OST
>That final fight
>When the opening theme starts playing in episode 12

Fucking Christ, I feel like any other anime is going to look and feel like shit in comparison. One Punch Man was just too good.
>>
Fuck off, only crossboarders like OPM.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (193 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
193 KB, 756x1100
>>140865548

You've got it backwards. You watch this shit to make other stuff better in comparison.
>>
>>140865548
lurk for 2 years before posting
>>
Good anime are shat upon on /a/, OP.

But yeah, OPM really shows that MADHOUSE is still good if given good adaptations.
>>
great series
>>
>>140865548
I feel you my man.
It's a strong anime right there
>>
WAN PUN
>>
>>140865611
>>140865626
>>140865644
>Am I fitting in yet, /a/?
>>
>>140873779
pretty much.
anyone on /a/ nowadays doesnt like anything so you're forced to take their posts with a grain of salt.
>>
>>140865548
I feel like the experience is different from someone who reads it regularly and has read it regularly for the past three years. I like reading it more. The show was ok, just.....everything I expected it to be and its weird but the animation feels like its lower budget compared to Murata's art. Sorry if I'm being a killjoy here, just my opinion...
>>
>>140876136
I agree with all of this except for SAO and Mahouka, which were both as bad as /a/ said they were at least when I watched them.
>>
Its pretty average if you ask me. It was nothing special, moreso if you read the manga. Murata's art is what made the manga fun to read.
>>
>>140865548
Seriously they did everything right in this anime, agreed op it's epic
>>
Fuck off crossboarder no one wants you here
>>
>>140865548
>One Punch Man was just too good.
Do you eat shit on a regular basis that you can't distinguish it from normal food anymore?
>>
WAN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCH
>>
>>140865548
>I watched a whole anime, I can post on /a/ now!
>>
>>140865548
It was an excellent show. Hoping for a season 2.
>>
Yeah it's pretty great.
>>
>>140876136
You know thats not always true. /a/ is just Tsundere most of the time. "Like" is honestly just defined by the number of consistent threads you regularly see on something here. If its continuously being discussed here with long threads, at least /a/ finds it interesting, even if the threads devolve into shit. If its popular but not being discussed much at all, then /a/ really does dislike it. IF someone brings it up, the thread will just be empty or full of bait posts. Thats just my take on it. I feel that you may take bait posts trash talking your favorite shows a little too much to heart.
>>
>>140865548
>When the opening theme starts playing in episode 12

That wasn't done good at all; it played in the middle of the fight instead of near the end.
>>
>>140865548
Forget it, OP. OPM is the KLK/TTGL of 2016. Come back in 2 years.
>>
>>140877505
So /a/ likes naruto?
Naruto threads are always filled with real discussions about the show and I'm not being ironic there
>>
Mediocre at best. Saitama became boring by episode 3 with his one joke and complete lack of development. Almost every character but Genos and Mumen Rider was even worse. The fight animation and Mumen Rider's episode are the only reasons this show passes at all.
>>
>>140877585
/a/ stops hating Naruto the moment literally who steps in and toumapunches the board.
>>
>>140865548
Licenless rider best Hero.
>>
>>140877632
Speaking for yourself, narutard.
>>
>>140877585
Yeah, /a/ likes Naruto, or at least doesn't universally hate it the way you think. I'm on another thread right now reading about how some anons just can't hate it because it grows on you after a while. Just don't take bait posts so literally is all I'm saying. The only series I think /a/ unconditionally hates here is SAO(which I actually don't like but whatever), but even then, the light novel discussions are decent and a lot of people here like progressive.
>>
>>140877733
I hate Naruto though. Look at the catalog and see the Naruto threads currently active.
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (44 KB, 264x282) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
44 KB, 264x282
>>140877569
Actually that was for the best if you ask me.
The OST that played at near the end of the fight was more suited for the final fight.
>>
>>140877873
>opinions are bait
People like you are the reason moot opened the floodgate for narutards.
>>
Yeah, its incredible. Way above average.
>>
>>140877342
LOL. I wonder about that myself sometimes. I only like the manga. I thought the anime was meh, and I'm surprised OP likes the animation so much. I felt it was under budget compared to Murata's godly art which is what keeps me coming back for the manga.
>>
>>140865548
Read these before you blabbering about animation:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-09-30/the-joy-of-sakuga/.93579
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-11-11/the-secret-of-one-punch-man-success/.95251

Go educate yourselves, /a/.
>>
>>140877873
All ongoing anime are shit.
They're just not worth the time you waste on them.
>>
>>140878043
>ANN
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>140865548
Too late, OP. It become popular and /a/ hates it.
>>
>>140877960
Well moot left us unfortunately. Of course opinions aren't bait. I didn't mean it that way but I'm decent at spotting the obvious ones.

For the record, I do not like Naruto myself. I just don't really think /a/ universally hates it the way people think they do.
>>
>>140878057
Idk, maybe. I'm having a lot of fun in the Shokugeki threads every week. It's brain dead fun.
>>
>>140878157
>I just don't really think /a/ universally hates it the way people think they do
It's close enough though. At least during n/a/ruto.
>>
>>140865548
Loved it aswell
>>
>>140877155
This is how I felt with GATE. It was weird seeing everyone say how awesome it was. I thought that it was a pretty meh adaptation personally.
>>
>>140878043
>""journalism"" by sakuga faggots
>>
>>140878195
Oh for sure. Definitely saw borderline universal disgust when the main series was ending too. I feel like the threads for Gaiden are pretty active and some are decent. But I don't even follow it anymore, so no clue whats going on in threads up now.
>>
>>140877155
>but the animation feels like its lower budget compared to Murata's art.
You're really not making any sense.
>>
>>140878081
/a/ is no different nowadays.
It's like only 12 people in this board who REALLY KNOW this stuff.

Just check archive
>>140878312
I could link Ben's website, but I guess that's too much for your shitt brain, pal.
>>
>>140878312
>""x""
The fuck is this shit?
>>
>>140878446
>implying animation quality matters
If I cared about that shit, I'd rewatch old disney movies.
>>
>>140878492
Disney is for plebs, Fleischer and classic Warner animation is where it's at.
>>
Once an anime becomes too popular into the normalfag anime community you just can't talk about it anymore on /a/ without massive amounts of shitposting faggots.
It sucks, but at least we can keep the retards from Reddit, MAL ect. away this way.
>>
>>140878492
Don't speak as if you could pinned down the animator in Disney.

You couldn't even appreciated Japanese animation, so how come you could appreciate the Golden Age animation ? I'd say it is too much for you.

It's like throwing a jewel into pig.
>>
>>140878610
You could discuss the ONE version of the manga.
>>
>>140865548
The dream sequence in the first episode is one of the best scenes. Saitama's voice actor and the over sound direction really gave me some goose bumps.
>>
>>140878610
>Wan Piss
>Dragon Ball Super (Despite it being shit and Goku jobs every time)
>Even Naruto is unironically discussed by /a/ after the manga ended
>>
>>140878820
Well, you can only talk about them in their own threads, try to mention them anywhere else and see what happens
>>
File: a's hipster pattern.png (53 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
a's hipster pattern.png
53 KB, 1000x700
>>140876136
>anyone on /a/ nowadays doesn't like anything

No, they like things until they notice that a lot other people like it, then they hate it because most of them are hipsters who think it's uncool to like popular stuff.
>>
>>140878820
>Wan Piss
You can group that with SnK.
>>
File: 1181.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1181.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
What do you expect from Godhouse? People still doubt them.

The Boro's fight was fucking just perfect honestly, Couldn't ask anyone better to do it.

I still hate the ED though.
>>
>>140865548
Anon, didn't you know that /a/ started hating OPM after the anime was announced, just like everything else they used to like?
>>
>>140878939
Do you mean asked BONES animator to working on it ?
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/19326/animated-background_animation-debris-effects-fight

Because no one can draw something that good at BADHOUSE.
>>
>>140878910
>because most of them are hipsters who think it's uncool to like popular stuff
Why does it matter if it's cool or not anyway? I mean, we're all anonymous so being a hipster for the sake of being a hipster is pretty retarded, right?
>>
File: 175.gif (302 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
175.gif
302 KB, 300x168
>>140865548

>Hi I am a newfag. This is the only anime I have ever seen and no anime before or will be as great as One Punch man.

Baby's first anime? There are a lot of series out there that stand next to the value and exceed OPman. Go to reddit or something and get self-esteem there.
>>
File: OPM fight.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
OPM fight.webm
3 MB, 480x270
I liked it.
>>
>>140879131
There is literally nothing wrong with enjoying your first anime. What's wrong is that (you) making the OP feel bad by ruining the show and anime in general by giving him false hope.
>>
>>140879131
>says that while posting snk
>>
>>140879109
Its one thing to underestimate retardation on the internet.

The other, less well-known, thing is the constant search for validation from strangers on the internet that some people indulge in frequently. You have no idea what lengths some people will do to just have another person tell them "i agree with everything you say".
>>
>>140879131
i just love people that shit on other peoples opinions without giving a hint of their own tastes.

What shonen anime do you consider better? Lets this discussion rolling m8.
>>
>>140879574
Utena.
>>
>>140880180
> Shonen
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.