[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When & where did it all go wrong for him? Is there a more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12
File: Yamcha.jpg (40 KB, 600x482) Image search: [Google]
Yamcha.jpg
40 KB, 600x482
When & where did it all go wrong for him? Is there a more tragic character in all of DB? He's the only one that was actually a "human" and had human aspirations (like worrying about money and shit) he even wanted to have a family but that never came to fruition.
>>
He becomes a professional baseballer. Probably got all kinds of women. That's a happy ending
>>
>>140857663
early DB was super comfy.
>>
>>140857663
Saiyans happened. He should hate their guts, but he still trains with the others and shows up knowing he will just die as soon as the battle starts. The show would be way better if they focused on the tragic downfall of the desert bandit.

>>140857917
That would be great, but word of god is that he never got over his gynophobia. Thanks Toriyama, you amnesiac fuck.
>>
>>140857663
I remember watching this on Saturday mornings 21 years ago. I thought Yamcha was such a bad ass back then.
>>
>>140858025
I know yamcha gets memed on a lot, but he really was cool. And was a nice underdog character, even though him losing every fight was a thing even before the saiyans. It's still sad to see what he's been reduced to, he's not even a side character anymore really. Like fuck, there should have at least been one strong human ally desu.

Saiyans did ruin this yeah, the nadir of this was in the cell Saga. Though it should have really been Gohan's story after cell saga ended.
>>
He had a standout design and the wolf theme going for him. Why trade that for the Kame gi? It was all downhill from there.
>>
>>140857917
>Big fish in a small pond

He is using his Ki knowledge as an unfair advantage over other humans if any another Z warrior joins the league he is done for and if Ki control knowledge is spread then he would be exposed as the cowardly bastard he is.
>>
>>140857663
>When & where did it all go wrong for him?

When he was born.
>>
>>140857663
>When & where did it all go wrong for him?
When he lost to Goku.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP5gI7zAEGg

rip yamcha ;__;
>>
>>140858214
>unfair
Guess what he is just a regular human. Any of these fuckers could reach his level if they had proper training so why should he refuse to make some cash?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FHO5XZ3_VI
>>
>>140858214
It's not like he is on steroids. It was all result of hard work and it pays the bills. At least he is not full on manchild mode like Goku that just dies whenever and leave his family to leech of Bulma.
>>
>>140858403
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ho1guwYdag
>>
>>140858377
>Any of these fuckers could reach his level if they had proper training

Exactly they cold be as good of not better than him because unlike him they train their butts off everyday to be pros but they don't about Ki or how use it and Yamcha keeps it secret and use it as an undetectable steroids to surpass other players.

The players are there because they love the sport but he is there just to get easy money.
>>
>>140858637
>they cold be as good of not better than him
No they couldn't. It's not like Ki is a hidden secret. There's a Budoukai happening every fucking time. The average human even the athletes in that universe are just weaker. He was above a world class athlete way back in DB.

He don't own those people anything. He died for them without a thank you. Guy is just making money the best way he knows.
>>
I think Toriyama got bullied when he was a teen by someone who looks like Yamcha.
>>
>Martial arts enthusiest who lives in the middle of nowhere because he's mortally afraid of women
>Ends up being a martial arts god who has trained with the greatest martial artists in the universe
>Best friends with the richest person on Earth
>No responsibilities, no commitments and nothing to do but have casual sex and train

I think he was happy with how his life turned out
>>
>>140858817
hell mr satan is considered like superhuman and he's well below DB yamcha so yeah.
>>
Yamcha missed out on the training curve after the Pilaf arc. Had he trained under someone with ki mastery like Goku did under Roshi or Tenshinhan under Tsurusennin, he could've done very well. By the time he joined up with Roshi after the Red Ribbon Saga was over, it was too late to play catch up.

He also didn't "level up" like Goku or even Kuririn did after the 21st Budokai. Had Yamcha fought RR thugs, his combat prowess would've increased like Goku's. The more I look at it, early Dragon Ball is an RPG on paper.

I do like the fact that Yamcha as well as Kuririn developed their own unique attacks; Souki-Dan and Kienzan respectively. Souki-Dan was impressive over the fact that it was a guided ki blast while Kienzan has the potential to slice an enemy with superior power. Freeza's Cutter-Discs was what would happen if you combined the 2 principles. I've always wondered how and why Yamcha and Kuririn developed those attacks.
>>
File: like tears in rain.png (323 KB, 750x425) Image search: [Google]
like tears in rain.png
323 KB, 750x425
>>140858887
Probably. All the other humans had their moment. He was immortalized for jobbing and losing the girl so a new Saiyan could show up.
>>
>>140859082
Krillin invented the Kienzan because he had three hours to kill and nothing else worked on Nappa.
>>
>>140858025
Yamcha got over his fear of women. He wasn't afraid of Lunch, Ranfan, Chichi or 18 (Well, not because she was a woman). Also, he had a girlfriend during the Cell Saga.
>>
>>140859082
When the humans got shafted the series lost a lot of it's charm. Frieza saga still had them helping out. I'd like to seem struggle to keep up, but still doing their part. But it was all gone thanks to upping the stakes.

They always interested me more than here is a new kid Saiyan. Let's see what Vegeta is up too again. Fuck that. I'd rather see how are the things between those guys. The mix of rivalry and camaraderie with Tenshinhan. And shit like that. I've always wanted some chapters focused on the humans again. Seeing their daily lives and all that shit. But they keep getting pushed sideways. Even when we have those moments the humans are rarely in the center. Even Bulma is just a foil to Vegeta in her own party.
>>
>>140858817
>Ki control is not a secret

Except it is. Did you forgot that Videl is also a martial artist that could fight against armed criminals but she had no idea about Ki until Gohan trains her and she learned to fly.

>He die for people

He died alright but he was a burden to everyone most of the time.
>>
>>140858593
>one fight
Are you fucking kidding me? Poor Yamcha.
>>
>>140859487
Humans were important up to the end. Yamcha, Krillin, Tenshinhan and Bulma all did things during the Android Saga, and Mr Satan was the hero of the Buu Saga.
>>
File: Tomoko.jpg (72 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Tomoko.jpg
72 KB, 500x281
>>140858377
Yamcha is pretty much pic related
>>
>>140859531
Flying is a special technique, projecting your aura is a special technique. I won't call them secret because a good number of people in the series achieved it. Including character of lower importance. Your Ki isn't locked up just because you don't know what it is. So if you keep training you could surpass the average athlete. Is that cheating?
>>
>>140859302
In one of those official interviews Toriyama backtracked on that saying he still had trouble.
>>
>>140859802
If so then Toriyama was wrong and needs to read the manga.
>>
File: Dragon Ball_v03_ch030_p012.png (181 KB, 865x1300) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball_v03_ch030_p012.png
181 KB, 865x1300
>>140858214
Knowing about ki is not going to let a normal person run a marathon every day while carrying a box full of milk and wearing a 20 kg turtle shell.
>>
>>140859631
Of reduced importance. Cell is when they officially got sidelined and it turned into alienwank. It's a shame because I always cared more about the humans and Piccolo.
>>
>>140859710
In any sport if have a way to increase your abilities beyond a normal human it is cheating. In Yamcha's case is a secret so is just worst.

Gohan never took advantage of his power while playing in school.
>>
>>140859487
I really hate DB when it lost its mystical adventure aspect. And you're absolutely right about the non-Saiyans getting shafted.

Ideally, there should've been a story arc where Yamcha, Kuririn, Chaozu, and Tenshinhan went off and took on a threat while Goku and Piccolo weren't around. This should've happened right after Goku's marriage with Chi-Chi.
>>
>>140859960
The secret is training. For fucks sake it's not like he is using a Kamehameha in official matches. If the others had put a fraction of the effort the Z warriors did training they could be better at it too.

Here. Most of his teammates wouldn't even keep up with Kame training >>140859905 so they deserve to eat his dust.
>>
>>140858501
The other players also train hard but were never trained by a legendary martial artist and two gods.
>>
>>140859907
Yamcha was the one who found the Androids and learned that they were able to absorb energy with their hands. Krillin destroyed Gero's secret lab and chose not to destroy 18. Tenshinhan stalled Cell with the Kikoho. Bulma invented the emergency shutdown switch and found Cell's time machine. What more do you want? Should Yajirobe have been the one to defeat Cell?
>>
>>140860113
You think he needs that extra boost to be the best at baseball? Rogafufu-ken Yamcha was already better than the average human and he achieved that alone.
>>
>>140860066
You know I've always speculated that Roshi and Tsurusennin have an incomplete understanding of ki since their master Mutaito died before they completed training.

Look at the Mafuuba. That shit is potentially broken since it can capture an evil entity regardless of the difference in power. Or what about Akuuman's Devilmite Beam which can expand the evil within a person and kill them?

There was even stuff like Boss Rabbit's carrot transformation trick and General Blue's paralysis ability. The problem with Kamehameha and Kikoho is that isn't energy intensive. It relies too much on expending effort and vitality for its attack when there's a more efficient method of dealing damage and whatnot.
>>
>>140859960
How the fuck trainning harder is cheating in sports?
>>
>>140860066
See >>140860113 Yamcha only learned to use ki blasts attacks and fly after he was trained by the right people and in DB universe Ki control = speed, strength, resistance. and to put things in perspective you provably die afther a day of professional baseballs player training
>>
>>140860202
The fact they weren't completely gone from the plot isn't a incredible achievement. As I said they have small moments, but after that it's fuck all. And it gets worse every new saga since the Saiyan introduction. Toriyama is really bad at balancing these dynamics.
>>
>>140860221
And yet it was useless agaist everyone else.
>>
>>140860332
Do you remember what Yamcha and Krillin did in the Piccolo Saga? Krillin was dead the whole time and Yamcha just sat around with a broken leg. Tenshinhan did nothing but help Goku dodge one attack. Roshi used the mafuba and died. Chiaozu did nothing and died. Yajirobe is the only human who did anything of consequence, most of which was just carrying Goku from one place to another. The truth is you don't remember what actually happened in Dragon Ball and for some reason think the side characters used to be more important than they actually were.
>>
>>140860446
Well Goku is the main character after all, nobody thinks the humans should be on par with him. Since it's ultimately his story, I think the complaints stem from the more interesting side characters and humans being usurped by the boring saiyans. Vegeta should've stayed dead in Namek, Trunks is a fag, and Gohan should've become the main character after the cell saga.

The way toriyama treats his side characters is deplorable though, he literally just "forgot" about Launch. Nigga is worse with his side characters than Kishimoto.
>>
>>140860312
And he doesn't need blasts or flying to stand out at a sport. All the things required could be achieved with years of crazy training routines. But no sportsman has done it at that level because it's beyond their limit or at least they think it is.

That's not Yamcha fault. He is enjoying the fruit of his labor. He sacrificed more, he was submitted to more, he earns more. No pain, no gain. He wasn't born a super human. He isn't a Saiyan. He just didn't settle for mediocrity.

Your line of thinking is pretty bizarre. Is it unfair I'm not at a professional level in the real world if I never put any effort into it? No. Are they cheating by training every day? No. So how in the fuck he is cheating? His power wasn't achieved magically. He trained.
>>
File: 9754.jpg (170 KB, 710x798) Image search: [Google]
9754.jpg
170 KB, 710x798
>>140859675
Even Tomoko thinks that Yamcha is a loser.
>>
>>140860687
Adding to that. The Flash competing at marathons would be cheating. He never worked for that. He was handled his abilities. Yamcha isn't a result of a convenient comic book accident. He is a human that trained harder than the others.
>>
>>140858025
he got beat in every tournament he was in.

he always got paire dup against the mysterious fighter who ended up being masters in secret (or gods)

like Master Roshi as Jackie Chun or Kami in the weak dudes body. after every fight they tell him hes super talented and great. But really hes never won a fight in all of DB
>>
>>140860822
he beat the invisible man
>>
>>140860861
true forgot about that. however that was because kirllin helped him so he really would have lost if it werent for krillins plan
>>
>>140860822
Of course he wouldn't be able to beat pseudo underdog King Piccolo. He was never a luck one. Usually paired against the character to be beat. Goku, Roshi, Tenshinhan etc.
>>
>>140860687
Until the day that the other players get Kaiosama as their coach Yamcha will remain a cheater. Since he is the only other Z warrior that use his powers for to get easy money. So yea he is a piece of shit.
>>
Why does Gohan look like yamcha so much? Is he actually Gohan's real father and Goku got cucked out by him? It would make sense as he carries on Yamcha's jobbing genetics.
>>
>>140857663
When he got NTRed by an alien.
>>
>>140861022
Toriyama can draw about three different faces, are you really that surprised he ran out of hairstyles?
>>
>>140861015
As expected you didn't really address any of my points. He is not using Kaio-ken to swing a bat. He trained on his own for years. And he is not a special snowflake half monkey from another planet. He is free to do as he wish with the strength built by his own sacrifice.
>>
>>140861022
Woa Yamchafaga are even more stupid than Gohanfags
>>
>>140861022
Maybe he was close to uncle Yamcha off screen. Probably just >>140861101
>>
>>140859960
>Gohan never took advantage of his power while playing in school
Gohan is a fucking Saiyan. He has a inherent advantage. He is Superman. Yamcha is a human he is up against other humans. If they couldn't be assed to surpass their limits tough luck.
>>
>>140861112
>Kaio-ken

Why bring that up when only Goku can use it? You are running out of arguments but you did bring out something important

>He is not am special snowflake

But from the other players perspective he is special. He was trained not only by one bit two gods and why? Because he gets beated often and is friends with actually heroic warriors? Yea that is such a big accomplishment.
>>
>>140861273
Roshi, Kuririn, Grampa Gohan, Tenshinhan, none of them are Saiyans and none of them used their power to get an easy life.
>>
>>140861360
All they do is care about training or fighting, that's what makes Yamcha fascinating. He was the only one interested in like money, and he wasn't purely altruistic (he suggested using a wish for purely selfish reasons and everyone acted all appalled). I thought more people would find that interesting, it reminds me of like Spiderman using his powers to help him pay the bills somewhat. Regardless isn't the baseball shit filler anyway and no canon?
>>
>>140861281
You keep ignoring that Satan is considered a super human. If Satan played baseball he would be a top player. Would he be cheating?

Early Yamcha was stronger than Satan, he was above normal humans the first time we saw him, you numbnuts. The supernatural training is redundant. He doesn't need that to be #1 at baseball. None of the nobodies surrounding him trained 1% as hard as him and the others humans. Even before King Kai and Kami-sama.

>>140861360
Winning the Budoukai is using the power for easy life. They will have advantage at every physical activity they chose because they trained their body to the limit. That he is the first one smart enough to employ it in a high paying job isn't a flaw.
>>
>>140861449
Baseball was Toriyama's idea and it's mentioned in the manga too if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>140860446
Dragon Ball was always and will always be about Goku the only thing that changed was that the adversaries stop being humans. But nostalgia can make you look things different. Besides why would humans be relevant when they already give up on trying to become stronger. Even Piccolo just expends his days meditating instead of training

In the end is just Yamcha, Tenshinhanfaga getting mad because their favorite characters are irrelevant.
>>
>>140861449
And is a character progression. He used to steal to survive along with Puar. At the end he stands on his own feet.
>>
>>140857663
He was a bandit, then a NEET living of his rich girlfriend and now he picks on normal humans. I am glad that he got cucked by Vegeta and is remembered as the eternal jobber he is.
>>
>>140861800
>the only thing that changed was that the adversaries stop being humans
Can you even claim to read since the beginning when you say that?

> characters are irrelevant
Exactly. I'm glad you at least admit it now. And that's a flaw. It didn't have to be like that. But wrote himself in a corner and never really tried to change it. A better author could've kept a better balance. Akira Toriyama did really well. Specially for a guy that was mainly making things up as story progressed, but he is in no way perfect and the way he handles side characters is maybe his most noticeable weakness.
>>
>>140861918
Baseball fillershit is noncanon, and like others said he was the only one smart enough to capitalize on his abilities. The others were too dumb, not his fault.

Also vegeta is literally the worst character in DB and is a symbol of the series jumping the shark. Post Namek anyway, he was good when he was first introduced and in Namek.
>>
File: YamchaWolfFangFistDragonBallNV.png (519 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
YamchaWolfFangFistDragonBallNV.png
519 KB, 640x480
>>140857663
I miss that Yamcha. His character design was cool, too.
>>
File: Dragon Ball - V15XTRA - Page 10.png (382 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball - V15XTRA - Page 10.png
382 KB, 1024x1536
>>140860639
Toriyama didn't forget about Lunch. She showed up on a cover page during the fight with Nappa, which was over a dozen chapters after she disappeared. He just stopped putting her in the story because she was a one joke character and had no purpose to stay.
>>
>>140861602
Satan risked his life and saved the hearth. Yamcha got killed by doing nothing. And Yamcha was so strong that he lost every fight while Satan is a world's champion.

Yamcha is a waste of space and effort.
>>
>>140861918
>NEET living of his rich girlfriend
Not that's Goku, Vegeta and all the other saiyans. They never lift a finger to do anything productive. Because muh fighting blood.

I know you run out of arguments, but there's no need for samefagging. You already got your flawed point across.
>>
>>140861997
Boring characters deserve to be irrelevant
>>
>>140857663
Same thing that happened to every other Human Z-Fighter. Saiyans happened, and they failed to keep up with the powerlevel wankery.
>>
>>140862040
>a one joke character and had no purpose to stay
Like many of the ones that outlived her. He is a gag author in heart. Reusing one note characters to enhanced results is something they do.
>>
>>140861997
Krillin, Gohan, Piccolo and Vegeta all serve major roles for large portions of the story. And then you have the briefer characters like Yajirobe, Dende, Android 16, Mr. Satan, Gotenks and Buu who all contribute to the plot. The only reason you have a problem with how the side characters are handled is because you're ignoring most of them.
>>
>>140862084
All the humans and Piccolo are leagues above the Saiyan prince and his prole and even Goku past some point. Akira just entered in autopilot.
>>
>>140862040
This would literally be like Miura just randomly throwing Isdiro out the manga (and I know a lot of people would like that) because the series is concluding and needs to be more serious and have less comic relief now.

>>140861997
Pretty much, imagine if Oda made all the strawhats irrelevant and Law & Sabo start stealing the spotlight and Zoro's dream fades into nothing and he just handles fodder now, Usopp goes the way of yamcha and Chopper the way of Puar, Brooke just randomly vanishes. That's really what happened.
>>
>>140858153
Toriyama wanted to end DBZ when cell was over, but fans wanted a better ending, so.. Bibbidi Babbidi Buu Saga.
>>
>>140862311
Toriyama always wanted to end Dragon Ball, but he never had any plans to until the Buu Saga. He never meant for anything to be the ending except the actual ending.
>>
>>140857663
You think krillin was some kind of alien?
>>
>>140861015
Think about it this way, Kame style is all about transcending human limits. Is it really cheating if his power is all natural without any outside influence? It'd be like calling a 12 year-old Olympic gymnast a cheater if she enters her county's competition.
>>
>>140862071
Goku has saved the earth many of times just imagine how many billions worth of a property he saved? That is more productive that getting killed by an instant grunt.

>Hurr durr samefag

It might surprise you but Yamcha is not very popular or respected among DB fanbase not even among "muh underdog fuck saiyans" fags. Tenshinhan, Piccolo, Roshi , Kuririn are way more likeable than him.
>>
>>140857663
>the scars he has in his face didn't disappear when he was revived from the dead or he took sensui beans

explain
>>
>>140864234
>Saiyans' tails don't come back when they are resurrected
>>
>>140864234
Senzu can't heal wounds that are already healed
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 399x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 399x452
>>140858283
Hits a little to close to home
>>
>>140857663
>wants a family
>is a shit tier man
>boohoo no woman wants to have a family with me
>>
>>140869140
in reality the z warriors would be able to get damn near any woman they wanted. He prob didn't care to get one as the series went on.
>>
>>140859840

Just because he had a girlfriend doesn't mean he didn't have issues with sex and women, probably resulting in the loss of said girlfriend.

You realize most guys with some degree of gynophobia do manage to get girlfriends occasionally, right? It's not something that's magically cured, it's something you deal with probably for the rest of your life in varying degrees, sometimes getting better and sometimes worse again.
>>
>>140869277

I know you're a beta who thinks any guy with muscles can get any woman because women have the brains of hamsters and all, but no, having a shitty personality and attitude will eventually fuck the relationship up even if the girl thinks the guy is hot. Imagine being with a hot girl who is obnoxious as hell; you might put up with it for awhile, but eventually it won't be worth it anymore and you'd tap out despite your dick's protests.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (155 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
155 KB, 960x960
>>140857663
Probably the Saibaman. The losses to Jackie and Tien and shen, while fairly lopsided, was ok.

Then he lost to the Saibamen. After that? He loses Bulma forever. Not only did he lose Bulma, he has to shack up and live near the man who is directly responsible for his death.

At least Tien had the balls to stay mad at Vegeta. This pussy bends over backwards to please his saiyan master.

I mean can the poor guy get laid? He's been robbed of his girl, and his dignity can he at least get a blowjob? Even the fucking games make fun of his incompetent ass.
>>
>>140869494
What was wrong with his personality exactly? Vegeta by far had the shittiest personality in the manga, he was a petulant whiny child that threw a tantrum when he realized he fucked up with letting Perfect Cell absorb 18, or that time he let Babidi mind control him cause he was asshurt that Goku surpassed again and again cause MUH PRIDE. If anything Vegeta embodies the character of getting a hot girl cause of his muscles and not cause of his personality at all.
>>
Yamcha is still one of the strongest humans on the planet. Tenshinhan and Kuririn are stronger, but that's about it, unless we're counting 18 or Uub; being the 3rd strongest human on the planet and making a fucking killing as a pro sports player isn't so bad.

I mean Gohan eventually writes a book that spreads ki knowledge to all of mankind, and it would probably become obvious that Yamcha was "cheating" but it's not like they can do anything about it after the fact. There's no rule saying you can't use ki because no one knew what ki was.
>>
File: Card_1007310_bg[1].jpg (303 KB, 426x568) Image search: [Google]
Card_1007310_bg[1].jpg
303 KB, 426x568
>>140869790
>>
File: Future_Trunks.jpg (106 KB, 450x738) Image search: [Google]
Future_Trunks.jpg
106 KB, 450x738
Several issues make up the disaster that is Yamcha

1) The lack of screentime. Dragonball was Yamcha's era, so to speak, but the adventure is about Goku, through and through. So when Goku went flying out on an adventure, we don't get to see much of him or anyone else doing much of anything. The Red Ribbon Army part of Dragonball takes up a good chunk of it, so unlike another manga, that might have the other characters pull off some stunts, we don't get to see much from everyone else.
2) 'Jobbing'. Yamcha's role in every tournment, where the other characters get the most screentime is always to specifically show that they're not fucking around anymore, and that a certain character means business.

When Yamcha loses to Jackie Chun, you're supposed to be thinking "oh shit! He BEAT Yamcha!", because you remember at some point that this guy was as strong as Goku.
The trouble is that most of Yamcha's fighting screentime is just this, and that position is never traded off to a new character. Yamcha shows up just to get his ass kicked. Want to make the Saiyan arc dire? Show how far the Saibamen are willing to go for victory, even though everyone is stronger than them. Yamcha gets killed
3) The story must go on: When you add all this up, you've already got a fucked character. Then, the story goes on, and has introduced the concept of Saiyans, and SSJ on top of that, setting a bar that the human characters can't reach. Then we need a new SSJ character, and since the only two that are alive are Vegeta and Goku, this guy is from the future. Goku's not going to have a illegitimate child, so why not Vegeta?

So Future Trunks is born specifically by breaking up Bulma and Vegeta. Notice that in this era of Dragonball, all of the fantasy elements in the world started disappearing. Outside of the King of the World, you don't see anymore animal people walking around.

It was at this point where any of Dragonball's old influences had been snuffed out.
>>
>>140870107
This is a pretty good breakdown of what went wrong, gj. Yeah the problem was Yamcha was used as like the "test" that this character is serious and means business, and after beating Yamcha you know shit is about to go down. Unfortunately it ended up happening so damn often and it had the opposite effect of just making Yamcha look like a weakling, culminating in him dying to a fodder Saibaman.

And yeah, I hate how the series lost its old fantasy elements and just general charm. I do think humans could've been as powerful if Toriyama really wanted. Wasn't Uub supposed to be really powerful, or Goku ends up grooming him to be the defender of Earth? I kind of want one human ally at least that's really powerful, doesn't even have to be like from the old gang just to show that humans aren't completely useless. I mean they have to have some potential if saiyan/human hybrid is born stronger than just a saiyan.
>>
>>140870474
>no uub
im still mad anon
>>
>>140861360
Well Krillin's a cop now and I think planet-destroying superpowers help a lot with being a cop.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.