[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why does /a/ hate this? I don't like it, but I want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 32
File: 74606l.jpg (145 KB, 389x550) Image search: [Google]
74606l.jpg
145 KB, 389x550
So why does /a/ hate this? I don't like it, but I want to know /a/s reason.
>>
What's your reason?
>>
Lurk more, find out.
>>
Honestly I don't find it that bad. I was actually surprised how some of the fights were with Cabba and Hit. This is more of dbz so yeah
>>
>>140811473
>Goku and Vegeta won't fuse
>Gotenks is completely irrelevant
>Goku and Vegeta have achieved insane levels of power and yet they barely do anything
>Winnie the pooh
>Monaka makes your OC look good
>none of the new villains have transformations unless you count Frost and Cabba
>>
/a/ doesn't hate it, rather they are disappointing Super couldn't capture the atmosphere and seriousness of DBZ.
>>
>>140811558
Fusion was a mistake.
>>
Shitty animation, a bit too goofy for some at times, dissapointing character designs and contradicts canon at times

I'm personally enjoying it, I recognize it's fault but it really picked up these latest episodes, I'm just a sucker for these characters and I enjoy watching them, also Bills and Weiss were great additions to the cast
>>
>>140811558
>>Goku and Vegeta won't fuse
Holy shit, i only wanted to see Vegetto one last time.
>>
>>140811635
Gotta imagine how things would be different if it was the adults show it should've been. Actual brutality in battle, that kind of thing.

Can you imagine a Dragonball sex scene?
>>
>>140811635
>Bills
Beerus anon, Beerus
>Weiss
His name is Whis
>>
File: coin.gif (337 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
coin.gif
337 KB, 500x377
>>140811558

Too strong and would be the strongest being in the universe currently

>Gotenks is completely irrelevant

Would be irrevelent since Goku in SSG mode still lost to Beerus. Thus the only way he would be relevent would be if he learned to transform to blue...not happening.

>Goku and Vegeta have achieved insane levels of power and yet they barely do anything

They are now one of the strongest being in the universe
Achieved a level farther than SSJ3
Able to defend the planet if Beerus tried to destroy it

>none of the new villains have transformations unless you count Frost and Cabba

Frieza can transform. So far we have had two arcs and so your point is mute.
>>
>>140811727
Are you a retard? It was marketed towards children, just like it always has been. Are you fucking watching digimon tri waiting for a sex scene in that too?
>>
>>140811922
I know what it is, I'm saying it'd probably be considerably better if it had more mature themes.
>>
>>140811436
The only people that hate it are the fags that actually took dbz seriously. It's based off a fucking gag comic and has always been silly and corny.
In the first arc a shape shifting anthropomorphic pig stopped a communist midget from asking a talking dragon the grants wishes to make him ruler of the world by asking that dragon to give him a pair of underwear.

I started watching db and dbz on Saturday mornings in 1995 so I have a big nostalgia boner for db and that's why I'm enjoying super.
>>
>>140811436
I LOVE IT
>>
I kinda like it now actually. I hated it before because lol movie recaps but now I'm just cruising on the ride
>>
>>140811727
>Gotta imagine how things would be different if it was the adults show it should've been
Dragon Ball is not an adult's show. Has never been an adult's show and never will be an adult's show. It is literally a Saturday (well Sunday) morning cartoon. Even when DB and Z were airing
>>
File: Botamo_Artwork.png (170 KB, 557x357) Image search: [Google]
Botamo_Artwork.png
170 KB, 557x357
>>140811558
this
>>
It's laughable how contrarian /a/ is, now they try to act like they like super even though no one in any other thread has ever even defended it because it is SHIT. If OP said he likes the show you can bet your scrotum every faggot in here would be shitting on the show. And justifiably.
>>
File: Wsc_game_dragon_ball.gif (88 KB, 300x452) Image search: [Google]
Wsc_game_dragon_ball.gif
88 KB, 300x452
Honestly? I'm torn between the writing, character designs, and the fanbase.

I mean, I don't come to DBZ expecting SERIOUS DRAMA BLOOD AND GUTS, but this series is making a lot of the same "mistakes" that GT did, but because the virtue of not being GT, it's being praised as the new holy order of Dragonball, and everyone who doesn't like it is a butthurt mexican. My favorite part of the franchise is the Original Dragonball, so I know better than that.

But Christ, at least GT tried to shake it up a bit. Yeah, Goku's the most important character in the series, but it at least tried to pretend to care about Pan or Trunks for a while. Here on Super, we've literally dragged out every character to go watch Goku and Vegeta punch aliens in the face, what fun.

A lot of the newer designs are bland and uninspired, and you're not allowed to criticize them because LOL GAG MANGA. Dragonbal at least put SOME measure of effort into it's character design, Super doesn't even try.

Besides that, the characters are so far off the power-scale, it's hard to get invested. GT had this same problem, and they tried to tone it down by making Goku into a kid again, but it doesn't work. I don't give a fuck if Goku can move faster than time by combining SSJ Blue and Kaioken by some lame explanation about good ki, god ki and ki control before doing it. That's not interesting to me, he just got stronger, and that solved the problem. To be fair, they've done that several times before, but if there's no attempt at building up to it, then who cares?
>>
>>140811436
it doesnt even feel like dragon ball anymore. i can tell they are trying to get the old db feel but even that they cant get right. doesnt feel like db or z so whats the point? just cancel this shit its just not worth the shit budget they give it anyway.
>>
>>140811436
I just can't stand the new shiny art style.
>>
>>140811558
Yeah, Toriyama retconned the Potara fusion being permanent for no reason. They're totally not gonna use it later or anything.
>>
>>140813881
he did?
>>
>>140811436
>hate the art style
>stupid new characters designs that make one piece look good
>no plot
>>
>>140813651

GT is worse than Super. You are framing it like GT was in any way better (besides the openings) then Super.
>>
File: 1293005140876.png (315 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1293005140876.png
315 KB, 350x350
>>140813651
Lastly, I hate how the series doesn't even attempt to drag anyone off the jobber's bench, and gave Gohan a permanent home there, because make way for Goku and Vegeta Battle Buddy Power Hour. I guess Vegeta didn't get enough respect in the last series, so let him absorb everyone else's agency and still be second to Goku. What fun. Did anyone actually think that Mr. Buu and Piccolo where going to do anything? Go ahead and bring up Piccolo's fight with Frost, where he defaulted to letting Vegeta have his way. That's certainly the Piccolo I know and remember, letting Vegeta tell him what to do!

You know what would have been a great arc? If they went to a realm where everyone's power is exactly the same, so the people can only win fights based off their skills and techniques.

Bring up Gohan again, I would have loved it if he was doing Saiyaman shit on the side, and being a teacher on the other. Him not being the strongest isn't my problem, it's that they removed any all agency from him, any sort of FUN. Now he's in some weird position in where he's an adult, but still acts like early early kid Gohan. He's just there to be stronger than the rest of the jobbers, but to get beat up so everyone knows how strong the "new villain" is It's a fucking shame how they're handling him, and I pity anyone who believes they'll ever do anything with him again.

You know what would be great? Making some sort of powerup so Tien could keep up with the strongest people. If ANYONE in this series, deserves that, it's him. And shit, if SSJGod was invented, why the hell not?
But he's not a Saiyan, and we can't make an OVA special about him becoming one, so fuck him! Even behind the scenes, you can see the 'invisible hand of economics' dictating how things go. If SSJ aren't the strongest, they won't be special anymore!
>>
>>140811864
Monaka is still stronger than Goku and Vegeta.
>>
>>140813932
gt was better. if you exclude some of the weaker parts like 17 then it has great ideas and a new transformation that actually makes sense for a saiyan unlike supers lol god mode color palette swaps.
>>
>>140813913
These idiots beleive that Kibitoshin unfusing=Fusion coming back.

Remember these are the same fools who thought Gohan would handle some threat facing Earth during the tournament, that Goku and Co would lose the tournament etc.
>>
>>140813913
Shin and kabito unfused
>>
>>140814002
how did they unfuse i dropped super before i could see that.
>>
>>140814001

Pass me whatever you are smoking. Super maybe two people leading the show but at least the show wasn't fucking stupid with the character designs and pulled shit out of their ass.

>Golden Ozaru
>SSJ4
>Vegeta reaching SSJ4 via blutz wave

How much shit can you get?
>>
>>140814030
Dragonballs.
>>
>>140814045
Just like Vegeta reaching God through pure training huh?
>>
>>140814045
name me one good thing super has done then so i can laugh at you.
>>
>>140811727
Dragonball doesn't need to be ultra brutal, nor does it need a fucking sex scene. The best thing any future Dragonball shows could do
would be to use Bardock - the father of goku as a general template.

To take that a bit further, i wouldn't mind a Dragonball completely focused on the saiyans and planet vegeta.

But going back to super, i guess the fights with cabba and hit were alright.
>>
The animation is inconsistent and lazy too often. The art isn't as good as Z or GT, and the fight choreography is not very good. The jokes are alright and the story so far is acceptable with some potential. I'd say more people are disappointed than hateful toward the show. If the episodes were released every other week instead of once a week they could alleviate many of the flaws so far.
>>
>>140813970
you bring up a good point about piccolo. i get the feeling that everyones acting out of character.
>>
>>140813913
Supreme Kai and Kibito used the Namekian balls to defuse. Literally no reason to add the scenes in other than to reuse the earrings again without consequences.
Toyble at least made it seem like a spur of the moment thing in the manga since he had Kibito Kai gathering the balls to keep them away from Champa anyway, but it happened in the anime too and there was no reason for them to be gathering them there, it was just "hey look everyone they defused guess it wasn't permanent after all".
>>
>>140814098

He did and that is the great thing. He took the initiative to train under Whis and surpassed Goku for a short amount of time. Can't say the same about GT where technology is good enough to get you to the next level.
>>
File: 1457739611123.jpg (215 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
1457739611123.jpg
215 KB, 1024x1536
>>140813970
I don't know, I wasn't expecting this to be the EPIC comeback of DBZ and that it would fix all of the things that I thought were a problem to the series. I just feel like I'm watching a soulless cash grab, and if I think any less of it, I'm just a Butthurt Mexican or a Stupid American who sucks the cock of the dub, and wants grim dark and gritty. .
When I look at crap like Bardock becoming SSJ, or Gine in general, I feel like I'm watching someone write fanfics that an idiot would think up and inserting them into the series. I don't go to DBZ to have my mind challenged, but sheesh. What's the point if we're not going to...try?

Maybe this how I'd end up feeling regardless. My favorite parts of Dragonball is the early beginnings nobody really remembers anymore, and early DBZ, particularly the Saiyan Saga. You couldn't write something that good into this series anymore even if you tried. It's just too far gone.
>>140813932
I'm not saying that GT is good, I'm just acknowledging it's attempts at continuing DBZ and what effort it did put into itself, even if it's not that great, because I don't see Super as any better for a number of reasons.
>>
>>140814201
great way to describe super actually. it really is just a soulless cash grab without anything that makes dragon ball special in it.
>>
>>140814201

Ever since the Cell arc, every character besides Piccolo has been useless. What does Super do? Give Piccolo purpose. His death sparked a change in Gohan we didn't see in GT and so now he will be training. They gave him fights as well as show off his old school moves. Then Goku and Vegeta are the main show. I don't know what you expected considering how power creeped the other characters are. No Super is the true continuation while GT was a failed experiment that should have never gotten above the ground.
>>
>>140814201
The one thing I did have respect GT for was that they introduced the concept of the main cast's reckless use of the dragon balls coming back to bite them in the ass. Such a shame it was executed so horribly.
>>
Aside from animation, the retelling shit, and the filler. I'm genuinely ok with Super. There are several entertaining moments in it ranging from certain fights, to certain gags, and etc. But really, that's the way Dragonball has always been. There are high moments and low moments. It isn't a masterpiece, but it's definitely a proper successor to Dragonball.

The difference between it and GT largely is tone and continuity. Some examples

- Power scaling
>In Dragonball GT, villains that are stronger than Majin Boo walk around slowly and threaten to destroy Earth or Goku.
>In Dragonball Super, villains that are stronger than Majin Boo are faster than Boo and have the power to destroy the entire universe.

- Gags
>In Dragonball GT, gags include dancing aliens and Trunks wearing a dress.
> In Dragonball Super, gags include Vegeta going completely out of character to cook and dance and Goku pretending to get hit by Mr. Satan while flying away with a fucking TRACTOR behind people's backs.

- Story
>In Dragonball GT, Goku wins every fight and obtains a power up that seems to make him slower despite being more powerful.
>In Dragonball Super, Goku loses every fight, giving him a reason to improve and train rather than for the sake of it. He gets a power up that's simplistic in design but actually makes him leagues of stronger than he used to be as well as a callback to the Kaioken which made one of the most memorable moments in Dragonball history with his fight with Hit.

- Characters
>In Dragonball GT, everyone is old and worn out except for a very few characters. Only Goku gets the focus with some Vegeta and Pan on the side.
>In Dragonball Super, both Goku and Vegeta get equal levels of importance and focus. Characters such as Tenshinhan, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, and even Master Roshi get actual fights in the Ressurrection F arc (much more time spent than in GT)..

And I actually like GT but Super has been much, much better so far.
>>
>>140813922
Hello pedro
>>
That's my winkie
>>
>>140814665
Classic Toriyama.
>>
>>140814428
>His death sparked a change in Gohan we didn't see in GT and so now he will be training
The problem is that
a) we've already seen that happen in the series prior
b) We know that the characters aren't going to do anything of any actual use in the series. If I'm not mistaken, that scene is literally anime only
c) this is a scene that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Why remove any and all of Gohan's agency? Why go so far to reset his character back to start Because they don't know what else to do with him?

I felt more touched when Piccolo sent himself to hell to help out Goku than Gohan going catatonic after watching Piccolo "die" for him...again.
>>
I think I know what this shows problem is: it's trying to please DB fans and DBZ fans but does neither.
>>
File: smile harder.gif (1017 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
smile harder.gif
1017 KB, 500x375
>>140814131
Great post, anon.
>>
>>140814912

>I felt more touched when Piccolo sent himself to hell to help out Goku than Gohan going catatonic after watching Piccolo "die" for him...again.

Ya I am dealing with a troll. Last reply you are getting from me.
>>
>>140814912
>If I'm not mistaken, that scene is literally anime only
Yep. Manga skipped RoF entirely and makes no mention of Gohan training afterwards, so any changes there aren't part of Toriyama's script or they'd have found a way to fit it in somewhere like they did with Champa during the BoG arc.
>>
>>140815348
>he didn't agree with me! He doesn't think Super is better than GT by default!
>must be a fucking troll!
Okay. You gave your reasons, I gave mine, and I'm the troll because you don't like my answer.
>>
>>140811436
it's too jokey. it's probably told/done more jokes than the entire Z series.
>>
>>140815900
food jokes lmao!
>>
>>140815900
Dragon Ball was always at its worst when there was very little humor (See: Android/Cell arc). Super's focus on comedy isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>140811436
I think the better question is, why does /a/ have an opinion about a children's show at all?
>>
>>140816685
Do... do you people actually think this show is funny? I didn't even know that people actually thought of super as a comedy. The joking bits make me cringe, I just want to see my favorite old characters fighting. That's it. And it blows ass so far. Get your gay slice of life shit out of here.
>>
>>140811864
>Would be irrevelent since Goku
This is the exact reason why Gotenks never appeared in GT.
>Frieza
Super, not reused Z villains.
>>
>>140816994
Oh sorry, didn't know you were retarded.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (13 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
13 KB, 251x201
>>140814045
>character designs and pulled shit out of their ass
Looks like someone didn't see SSJ3's concept art.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (126 KB, 587x440) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
126 KB, 587x440
>>140814428
>every character besides Piccolo has been useless
>since Cell saga
>>
>>140811436
Dragon Ball is just to corny and to cheesy for me. Although i rather watch dragon ball than any crap from hollywood nowadays.
>>
>>140811727
Dragon ball was never meant to be an adult show. Come on now, this isn't for you.
>>
>>140811436
Pure crap.
>>
>>140813932
GT is better than this crap, especially in animation.
>>
>>140816685
Who watches this shit or cares for the low tier comedy? Fuck off.
>>
>>140817883
the superfags are like 10 thats why they think its funny.
>>
>>140811436
In my opinion dragon ball was always tv-14 but super just looks and feels extremely pg compared to db, dbz, and gt. The animation is very bad and cheap also.
>>
>>140818045
Early DB was juvenile was fuck, what are you talking about?
>>
>>140814586
Has any villain in super threatened to destroy the entire universe? I think not beerus threatened to destroy the earth so did golden frieza.

btw I think super should have never been made, it's just another shitty version of a continuation to dbz.
>>
File: 18.jpg (41 KB, 627x470) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
41 KB, 627x470
http://desustorage.org/a/search/text/%22why%20does%20%2Fa%2F%20hate%22/type/op/
>>
>>140818121
Goku was offered to see bulma's panty in the first episode. Come on now.
>>
>>140811436
have you not watched it, and then compared it to the earlier shows?
>>
>>140818253
And in the latest episode of Super he just grabbed the Galactic King's penis. Those kinds of things aren't frowned upon in Japan.
>>
>>140818121
Juvenile in the 90s but by todays standards that show was really perverted.
>>
>>140818291
I'm talking about in the USA anon. Japan is cool with all that shit.
>>
>>140811436
Feces, utter feces dog shit crap.
>>
>>140814586
Not even close.

Watch the scene of Piccolo dying with the Earth and tell Super has anything remotely close to being as impactful and well done as that moment.

Or Goku's final Genkidama.

Super is trash.
>>
File: chichi.jpg (37 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
chichi.jpg
37 KB, 480x368
>>140811436

I like it. Only people that seem to hate it are Gohan self-insert autists and actionfags.

It's a million times better than DB:GT.
>>
>All this Super vs GT discussion
Let's fix that
http://www.strawpoll.me/10077737
>>140818821
>Genkidama
What kind of name is that?
Even fucking Spirit Bomb sounds better than that
>>
>>140818821
>Watch the scene of Piccolo dying with the Earth and tell Super has anything remotely close to being as impactful and well done as that moment.
>
>Or Goku's final Genkidama.

Kaioken's return m8.
>>
>>140818923
>It's a million times better than DB:GT.

A million times zero is still zero jackass.
>>
File: Side characters in Super.jpg (181 KB, 728x1042) Image search: [Google]
Side characters in Super.jpg
181 KB, 728x1042
>>140811436
>Want side characters to be relevant.
>Shit like this happens.
>>
>>140818923
>implying those who read the manga wouldn't see Super as a grossly inferior product
>>
>>140819529
good joke
>>
File: Videl_getting_crushed.png (280 KB, 660x469) Image search: [Google]
Videl_getting_crushed.png
280 KB, 660x469
>>140811727
>>140812104
>sex scene
>not immature
Pic related is one of the most brutal scenes in the franchise, and it was pretty wrenching.

There were multiple deaths back when it meant something, and the series has otherwise had some pretty real shit. Future Trunks timeline Gohan dealing as an amputee, Vegeta getting his arms and his pride broken by 18, Frieza taking sadistic pleasure in giving Vegeta and Krillin slow and painful deaths, it's something you're not expected to fully grasp when you're young. It's had plenty of mature themes. You're just not mature enough to see it.
>>
>>140819881
????
>>
>>140819881
They brought back Kaioken
>>
>>140820036
god mode you mean
>>
>>140820060
Goku went Kaioken while in Blue God mode
>>
>>140820119
did someone remind toriyama kaioken was a thing and he forced it in? should have just went kaioken while ssj. the sooner they retcon and forget god mode the better.
>>
>>140811585
You are joking, right?
Super can't do anything right. The fights are shit, the animation is shit, the comedy is shit (except in the SoL episodes), the story is beyond shit to the point it makes DB and Z look like 2deep4me. and the characters are beyond salvation.
The only good thing that I genuinely liked from Super is pic related.
>>
>>140820203
But the series explained why he couldn't go kaioken while ssj, and why he could with ssb.
>>
>>140820060
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImyDBz-3sVU
see it for yourself m8
>>
>>140820280
they pulled something outta their ass to protect them from forgetting it in the first place most likely.
>>
File: lupks.jpg (37 KB, 490x358) Image search: [Google]
lupks.jpg
37 KB, 490x358
>>140812238
>the fags that actually took dbz seriously
Super makes both DB and Z look like masterpieces.
>>
>>140813651
>>140813677
>>140813970
Fucking this. I just want Trunks and Goten to keep fighting, why did Toriyama let Gohan but he can't let them when they trained since they were little? They can date girls and keep their love from fighting, dammit.
>>
>>140820291
alright your right that is pretty great. wasted on god mode though would have been perfect with normal ssj instead. also that OP still sucks feel nothing from it. if they got kageyama back that would help.
>>
>>140820353
>they pulled something outta their ass
nigga everything is pulled out of their ass
It's fiction

Goku literally had to remind Krillin he didnt have a nose in DB
>>
>>140820585
you know what i mean. toriyama forgot and forced it back in with his shit idea for diff color transformations.
>>
>>140819214
>What kind of name is that?
>Even fucking Spirit Bomb sounds better than that

The fucking name of the attack you mongrel.
I bet you also say "Destructo Disc" and "Special Beam Cannon".

>>140819529
>Kaioken's return m8.

Not even close m8.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsXdfyIMmJ8
>>
>>140814002
>Goku and Co would lose the tournament etc.
Goku lost though.
>>
>>140820264
Are they Muslims now?
>>
>>140820743
>and co.

Including Monaka.

I know its hard for children to read.
>>
>>140814586
>In Dragonball Super, villains that are stronger than Majin Boo are faster than Boo and have the power to destroy the entire universe.
Beerus, Golden Frieza and Champa only represented a thread to Earth/Goku.
>In Dragonball Super, Goku loses every fight, giving him a reason to improve and train rather than for the sake of it. He gets a power up that's simplistic in design but actually makes him leagues of stronger than he used to be as well as a callback to the Kaioken which made one of the most memorable moments in Dragonball history with his fight with Hit.
To be honest Goku in Super is equally stupid than GT Goku. And what purpose Goku needs to keep training when the PL is beyond retarded, he can destroy the damn universe while the rest are mere ants, the only ones that can face him is Vegeta, a pair of purple cats and two blue siblings.
>In Dragonball Super, both Goku and Vegeta get equal levels of importance and focus. Characters such as Tenshinhan, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, and even Master Roshi get actual fights in the Ressurrection F arc (much more time spent than in GT
And they got trashed, Roshi can fight mooks but Yamcha is long forgotten, Krillin is a retard too afraid to fight mooks then he totally gave up martial arts, Tien is Tien and Gohan got an edgy excuse to be allowed to train.
>>
File: 1234567890987.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1234567890987.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>140818923
>Only people that seem to hate it are Gohan self-insert autists and actionfags.
I will laugh harder if you tell me you are 100% serious.
>>
File: 16765658.jpg (8 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
16765658.jpg
8 KB, 258x195
>>140819725
>>
The only good thing about this series is Whis & Beerus. Their designs are so much better than everyone else's it's hilarious. You could literally tell how phoned in all the Super characters are from Fat Beerus, Genderbent Whis, Winnie the Pooh, the guy with big nipples, and now this shitlord God character. I just hope Beerus & Whis stay more powerful than Goku & Vegeta for a while.
>>
>>140820963
They will until those who are still watching Super get Super Saiyan God White.
>>
because vegeta and piccolo WILL NEVER WIN A SINGLE FUCKING FIGHT THEY WILL NEVER BE STRONNG THEY WILL ALWAYS BE WEAK THEY WILL ALWAYS JOB FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK WHY DOES GOKU HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING when vegeta is clearly the best character? why is toriyama such a hack? seriously, would it hurt to give another character the spotlight for even just one chapter?
>>
>>140820963

No the only thing this series does is give us a proper sequel to dbz and not a failure like GT. It might not be amazing but I can watch each episode continuously and not take a break from it like I did GT.
>>
>>140821085
B-b-b-b-but Vegeta won against blue Frieza, Tarble's clone and generic Robotman.
>>
>>140821085
>WHY DOES GOKU HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING
Actually Goku only defeated Botamo, Vegetable cleaned the way to Hit, and Monaka did everything this time defeating Hit,
>>
>>140821156
GT was less phones on than this. Even this series is more soulless than GT. Not to mention the Dragon saga was a pretty cool concept, even though it was executed terribly. At least their designs are better than anything in Super (minus Beerus & whis ofc).

Also Super Saiyan 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSGBSS X Kaioken x 10
>>
I hate everything DB after the Cell Saga.
>>
>>140821266
>>140821159
i dont even read this, that comment was just based on dbz and what ive seen posted on /a/ about super

p-pls no bully
>>
>>140821410

Pass me whatever you are smoking.
>>
File: Videl in GT.png (217 KB, 528x397) Image search: [Google]
Videl in GT.png
217 KB, 528x397
>>140821510
It is called reality.
>>
>>140821571

I guess if you are smoking that good stuff.
>>
>>140820963
Vegeta being Beerus' bitch is one of the best things in Super
>>
The Cabba fight was the best thing so far, by a lot.
>>
File: Videl in GT (2).png (386 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Videl in GT (2).png
386 KB, 450x450
>>140821614
Yes, anon, it's pretty good.
>>
File: keke.gif (61 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
keke.gif
61 KB, 200x200
>>140821510
You don't think the Shadow dragons had better designs than anything in Gt?

Also mfw this fanfiction game looks far better than the actual show ever could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Gowsvlkdg

>adult gotenks
>>
File: Huh.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Huh.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>140821730

>You don't think the Shadow dragons had better designs than anything in Gt?
>>
>>140821652
>Vegeta being Beerus' bitch is one of the worst things in Super
Fixed for you
>>
>>140821799
Why? Vegeta's willing to do anything to become stronger.
>>
>>140811436
>Muh edgy super serious show
>Muh dub
>Muh nostalgia

DBS is bad but I like how it keeps dub/edgyfags mad.
>>
>>140821780
super but yeah, even Baby did and he was just a blatant rehash of Z villains.
>>
>>140821886

Agree to disagree because one thing about GT I hated was the character designs though I admit some of the dragons had decent designs.
>>
>>140819725
I should save this page and post it whenever people talk about how Piccolo "got to do something"

Jesus Christ, Goku is literally "Wear him down for us, buddy! You're totally going going to lose, but it'll make Vegeta's fight so much easier!"
Is this not the epitome of being useless in this series?
>>
>>140821974
One thing I will say though, is that did anyone else feel all depressed watching GT? I mean Z felt so sunny and vibrant and shit, and GT looked like it had all the soul or colors sucked out of it. Idk why, it had like a very depressing feel to it and it felt so cold and empty. This is just like the colors and shit, but damn does it bother me. Super is better in that regard at least, that it feels more vibrant and sunshiney than GT did. The latter was cold and sterile as hell.
>>
>>140822158
I never knew how inconsistent GT was with its power levels until someone else pointed it out.
>>
>>140822158
i dont get that feeling with gt. but super just looks like a different show in a bad way.
>>
>>140822158
i completely understand what you mean. it felt a bit soulless to me, especially the last arc.
>>
File: dbgt19-05.png (409 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
dbgt19-05.png
409 KB, 640x480
>>140822178
Pan is apparently stronger than Majin Buu.
>>
>>140822149
Seriously. Nothing Frost did insinuated he was stronger than Namek Freeza. Piccolo SHOULD have been able to beat him. Without any fancy strategies, too.
>>
>>140822158
>GT looked like it had all the soul or colors sucked out of it.
I got the same impression. It just didn't look right.
>>
File: dbgt62-01.png (636 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
dbgt62-01.png
636 KB, 640x480
>>140822158

Agreed.

Reason why is the washed out colours and shitty background designs.
>>
>>140822450
>Ties with Goku's base
>The same Goku stronger than post-training Freeza's final form in base
>>
File: 058.jpg (64 KB, 1104x718) Image search: [Google]
058.jpg
64 KB, 1104x718
>>140819725
man this page is depressing. Watching old Dragonball characters who had comfy adventures with Goku (like Yamcha, Oolong, Krillin etc) is really really depressing. Even Piccolo getting usurped of his role as Goku's rival and t han becoming a pure babysitter is terrible.

This is like if Oda made all the strawhats irrelevant. And Sabo & Law all start stealing the spotlight, Zoro's dream vanishes into nothing and he becomes merely fodder and a babysitter to Luffy's kid or something. Ussop goes the way of Yamcha and Chopper the way of Oolong. Hell one of the strawhats idk, Franky or something goes Launch and just vanishes from the series. This is really what DB amounted to.
>>
>>140822537
>like if Oda made all the strawhats irrelevant
I have bad news for you.
>>
>>140813970
Now I actually want to see a show or at least an OVA of Gohan teaching a class during a giant monster attack and he has to teach his class and fight the monster at the same time.
>>
>>140822765
Not that it would please Gohanfags since there would be no tension whatsoever.
>>
>>140822765

>spams ki beams that explode into math problems written across the sky
>>
>>140822537

Toriyama can't make power ups for Piccolo and the others to be on their level. He didn't do it in the majin buu saga and won't do it now. People like you bitch about anything with no merit.
>>
File: 8989090.jpg (124 KB, 1118x608) Image search: [Google]
8989090.jpg
124 KB, 1118x608
>>140822858
>Gohanfags
Gohanfag here, I screamed like crazy when this scene happened. I just wanted to see Great Saiyaman family team, but that's too much for Super. I would love to see Gohan using his brains to defeat a minor.
>>
>>140811436
I like Super.
>>
>>140822158
Nah. I hate Super color palette and artistic choices. And when I say "hate" I mean it doesn't allow me to enjoy the show in the sightless.

It looks awful.
>>
>>140821886
>he was just a blatant rehash of Z villains
>RoF
>>
>>140811558
>>Gotenks is completely irrelevant
to me that is redeeming, but yeah... everything else...
>>
>>140823018
It's rather upsetting because it isn't impossible. Was Frieza's Gold form given anywhere near as much foreshadowing as the Super Saiyan? SSJG didn't exist prior to BoG too. He can invent another.
>>
>>140813651
>To be fair, they've done that several times before, but if there's no attempt at building up to it, then who cares?
this
>>
>>140822158
It makes sense, GT was meant to teach everyone to stop relying on Goku and the dragon balls to solve all of their problems. I would say it's one of the good things in GT, I fucking doubt Super can surpass GT in this regard.
>>
>>140823466
Fuck yourself, anon. If Gohan deserves to be allowed to fight, the kids that likes to fight since they were very little deserve it even more. Fuck Super, fuck Toriyama.
>>
>>140823478

How the fuck would he make guys who aren't even on SSJ2 level, now rival SSB? Please by all means explain to me a non bullshit way Toriyama can do this. Also what drive is there? Piccolo would rather meditate than train by himself, Krillin has a family to take care of and Tien enjoys training himself but has no drive to rival Goku....Yamcha is Yamcha.

Would never work.

>>140823622

Except GT completely failed even worse than Super.
>>
File: 2345678.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
2345678.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>140823707
>GT completely failed
It didn't, the final episode was pretty great, for the first time I shared a tear watching DB.
>>
post facto what they Should have done with the side characters to avoid this who jobber thing, is to break up the conflicts in this world into a series of smaller shows. say piccolo returns to new namek and dumb adventure start there, gohan is a Ki intrustor at a mr Satan dojo with videl. Yamacha is the new host fo the matial arts tournaments. and jsut add more stong characters that are hard to beat. yes it won't be as gripping a dire as DBZ, but you know what, nothing will. this is for the fans, might as well give the character's they love their small fun spin offs.
>>
File: Friezer.jpg (149 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Friezer.jpg
149 KB, 900x675
>>140823707
>How the fuck would he make guys who aren't even on SSJ2 level, now rival SSB
>>
>>140823890
Nigga you didn't ear up when Goku met Grandpa Gohan at Baba's? Pussy nigga.
>>
>>140823018
Yes he absolutely can, although this was a problem way back in mid-late dbz. Once the saiyans started hogging the spotlight and ruining the series and turning into a power level fest.

Piccolo getting a power up from meditating isn't that much worse than Golden Frieza pulling that random power up out of his ass. And Gohan should have stayed the strongest non fused character in the series since him unlocking that power up was the point. He was foreshadowed way back when he was a kid as having more potential than Vegeta and Goku, so for them to just pull a power up out of their asses is no better than if Gohan just trains for like a month and ends up gettings his skills back. There's a million ways. The humans are doomed yeah, but it isn't even a power level thing. It's a writing problem that this series has. It literally threw out all the old cast in favor of boring saiyans. Cell Saga was the nadir of this with that mary sue Trunks and the retarded super saiyan forms pre Super saiyan 2.
>>
>>140823898
But that would be interesting, anon.
>>
>>140823958
To be honest, I don't remember.
>>
>>140823662

yeah, but its cheapened. Gohan was FORCED to fight since the age of five and surpassed his father greatly in strength as a result. goten and trunks were just default super sayians and were never against any real dire shit save for what they exposed themselves too. gohan had nearly died countless times as a kid in DBZ. the fact that he WASn't his dad, he was gentle by nature but forced to fight made you give a damn about him. goten and trunks just wanna fight. they just want glory.
>>
>>140811436
because it's not generic "cute girls doing x" moe garbage
>>
>>140824028
that's the only logical solution I can think of. if the universe is too big break it into smaller chunks.

(hell western serial writers do it all the time)
>>
>>140824135
I don't think that's how Elseworlds/What Ifs work.
>>
>>140820264
They should have kept the beards, seeing them in SSB with those would have been funny
>>
>>140824128
remembered kiddy grade? which was cute girls overthrowing the government, being killed and reborn and other shit...

man things have changed.
>>
>>140824007
>mary sue Trunks and the retarded super saiyan forms pre Super saiyan 2
>mary sue Trunks
You wanna run that by me one more time?
>retarded super saiyan forms pre Super saiyan 2
Those were explicitly known to inefficient mid-ways whom Vegeta & Trunks were retarded enough to use.
>>
Super is good for what it is, a low budget cash-in show that provides us with extra DB material.

Why did you even have high expectations to begin with?
>>
>>140824168

well that's the sorta where is too late. you DON'T use alternate world, you literally break up and narrow out the universe. remember how much play DBZ got out of just namek? do that again, but with the lesser characters and more complicated conflicts.
>>
>>140824211
But that show wasn't set in high school nor did it have a male main character.
>>
>>140814586
>In Dragonball Super, gags include Vegeta going completely out of character to cook and dance

Jesus fucking christ, idiots still don't get the point of this

HE DID IT TO KEEP BEERUS FROM BLOWING UP THE EARTH IT SHOWS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Fucking idiot
>>
>>140824309
no, infact its story and setting and characters were all bad ass even had a good voice dub. and YET!

no one knows shit about that series or that it even came out, fucking execs decide to pan/neuter the series and then instead crank out more fo the highschool bullshit.

hell, I will admit I was a sucker who though the FF8 mililary highschool setting was weird but would also be cool! coll if they could fucking land it, but didn't. and since them it feels that has been the go-to formula. while other shows with ideas that had effort and substance behind them are forgotten.
>>
>>140824007
>Piccolo getting a power up from meditating
It isn't any worst than pulling Super Saiyan God out of their assholes either for the first new movie.

For everyone's hatred of the brolly movies, they did the same goddamn thing, but at the very least they didn't call it a new fucking SSJ form. It sure is great when "six" "pure hearted" Super Saiyans combine their power...they manage to create a power that can fight against this new God of destruction!
So what, does the ritual only work once? Or can "only a strong body" (read: GOKU AND VEGETa OLNY) contain it? Shouldn't they all become SSJG then? For fuck's sake.
Freeza is even worse, when you consider that he was willing to slap together some fucking robot parts on his body and make a beeline for Earth, but never thought about training his body a little more than none at all? He knew Goku would be there, you'd think he'd want to be a little prepared!

All bets are fucking off when it comes to making up new powers, the issue is that they're just not going to. Not unless you're the badguy or a fucking Saiyan.
>>
>>140822858
I literally just wrote a post about how I wouldn't mind seeing that shit, because I don't care about Gohan being the strongest, just as long as he's doing something, having some sense of agency, even if it's kicking criminals around.
We're always going on about MUH SLICE OF LIFE, but we're always making up excuses as for why Gohan should be completely put out of the way.

It was the rest of you WHERE'S GOKU, WHERE'S VEGETAfags that can't stand the idea of anyone matching the two powerful idiots of the series.
>>
>>140822575
Oh, don't you go there. The Strawhats are years away from being treated like Yamcha or Tien.

Shit if anything, Zoro is TOO OP.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (160 KB, 780x445) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
160 KB, 780x445
>>140824675
There actually exists a little known "red-eyed" Namekian form. It's an odd feeling when Piccolo never got it but all the Heroes Namekians did.
>>
>>140824074
So kids that like to fight for the sake of it don't deserve to be allowed to fight unless they have an edgy and angst past? Okay, then.
>>
>>140823890
I can make a better "final episode" with movie maker, anon
>>
>>140824937
its cheapens gohan's arc. which the original series was riding on.
>>
I enjoy both GT and Super

And the first part of Dragon Ball is my favourite, do I have shit taste?
>>
>>140825071
And?
>>
>>140824937
If it makes any difference to you, they lose all interest in fighting in the manga epilogue.
>>
File: 1422599418538.jpg (120 KB, 511x641) Image search: [Google]
1422599418538.jpg
120 KB, 511x641
>>140823018
If this was DBZ while it was running, I'd agree with you.
The series as it is now? Is literally running around making excuses for any goddamn power up that it fucking can, and pulling them out of it's ass. If SSG, SSG BLUE and fucking SSG Blue+Kaioken with good ki, ki control bad ki excuse at the last fucking moment, it can make up something for Piccolo.

I mean, look at this page.>>140819725 Rally absorb it in. Goku basically says to Piccolo. "Hey, thanks for being cannon fodder! You're going to get your ass kicked, but it'll make Vegeta's fight a little easier though! Have a nice time getting beaten up! We'll take it from here!"
If that isn't literally installing Piccolo's bitch status into the series, then I fucking don't know what is.

When I think back to Dragonball, Goku was the strongest, because he was always willing to push himself a little bit further than the others, even if his training regime was a little better than the others. Even when it became Saiyans only, Goku had that edge over the others, put until the Buu Saga, and at that point, everyone is scrambling to figure out how to take care of Buu, Goku included.

Now, it's rituals, being the chosen warriors, pulling power right out of your assholes. I don't care what the new explanation for being able to use Kaioken is now, it's just Goku pulling power out of his asshole without any real drawbacks. It's basically cheap nostalgia pandering. Why have Goku figure a way out of this jam, when he can do that one thing he did in the past BUT THIS WHILE HE'S SUPER SAIYAN.
We don't even pretend like anyone else fucking matters. Say what you will about GT, but Goku gave him respect right down to the very end, even if Piccolo didn't get to do much in the series. Here, he's basically a Pokemon you send out to gauge what movelist the other guy is running, so your sweeper can clean house.

For fuck's sake. I honestly feel like Naruto's earned most of power he's gained than Goku has know.
>>
>>140825071
I honestly don't know what you were expecting.
For Goten and Trunks to NOT go Super Saiyan?

At this point in the series, they already established that SSJ or get out. If they didn't go SSJ, people would complain about them not being strong, and if they actually focused on them and tried to build more of the story about them, everyone would complain about muh goku and vegeta, and we'd be back to fucking start.
>>
File: Untitled.png (315 KB, 900x967) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
315 KB, 900x967
>>140825449
>Buu isn't there
>Goten & Trunks are
>>
>>140824007
I don't even know why they need to come up with a power up

would anyone really complain if they just said Piccolo and Gohan trained real hard and that let them catch up a bit to at least be somewhat relevant? Shit, the way Piccolo lost to Frost fucking irritates me, man.
>>
>>140811436

The animation is low quality and the writing is low in quality.

Generally, you want shows like this to trick your brain at some level, into believing it's real, and poor animation distract from that, and cliche writing also distracts from that.
>>
>>140825947
The thing is, a villain really doesn't matter unless they're strong enough to be a threat to Goku and Vegeta. Goku and Vegeta are at a point that can't be touched by normal training (barring Frieza).

So for Gohan or Piccolo to catch up, they'll have to do some really contrived shit.
>>
>>140811436
>So why does /a/ hate this?
The fact that it's animated by Toei, everything else is great.
>>
File: parity.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
parity.png
2 MB, 1600x900
One thing they do waaaay too much in Super is mirroring. Such as in the most recent episode, where both Goku and Hit get knocked down at the same time, and when they both struggle to get up at the same time.

They do that so much that I actively get angry at the fight choreographers when it happens.
>>
>>140826088
Someone like Whis decides Gohan or Piccolo has potential & trains them. The months between BoG & RoF turned Vegeta from les than 20% of Beerus to potentially defeating Beerus if he & Goku teamed up. Just have that happen.
>>
>>140814586
This
>>
File: 作画グロス.png (8 KB, 714x215) Image search: [Google]
作画グロス.png
8 KB, 714x215
Studio Wanpack did the animation for the first part of the episode 38 in March. Things are really getting out of Toei's hands.
The future of Dragon Ball Super doesn't look bright at all.
>>
>>140827786
JacobYBM?
>>
>>140821474
ebin
>>
GT is way better than Supershit its pretty cut and dry
>>
>>140828675
Who? I'm just a random anon.
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.