[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally HOW the fuck can an anime go from interesting fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
Literally HOW the fuck can an anime go from interesting fantasy world mistery to literal fujoshit crap from an episode to another?
>>
>>140787009
It's called good writing and exploration of concepts
>>
>>140787236
That was a hell of a downhill.

Maybe if it were only between the girls it'd had been cute and pure, but all this ruined the show.
>>
>>140787009
>interesting fantasy world mistery
NA NI
>>
You seem insecure about your own sexuality OP
>>
>>140787410
Why, thought?
>>
>>140787009

Is that how we spell mystery in 2016?
>>
>>140787656
In UK, yes.
>>
One of the worst animes I've ever seen t b h
>>
>>140787009
literal full blown gay isn't fujo pandering

it's just gay
>>
>>140787342
Were you paying attention at ALL? They went out of their way to explain it.
>>
4 years later and still offend homophobes.

Amazing.
>>
>>140788283
tumblr go
>>
>>140787009
>/y/ pandering
>/u/ pandering
The best show.
>>
>>140787009
It was a great way to filter out retards. The sort of people who get offended over plot relevant homosexuality that is neither gratuitous nor pandering are not the sort of people who would appreciate such a good series. If you didn't even understand how it was meaningful to the worldbuilding, you couldn't enjoy the rest.

Anyway, don't you have some haremshit to go watch?
>>
>>140788666
>satan trips speak the truth
>>
>>140788666
amen
>>
File: glory_of_satan.jpg (29 KB, 250x284) Image search: [Google]
glory_of_satan.jpg
29 KB, 250x284
>>140788666
satan is right for once
>>
Okay, I'll respond seriously to your bait. They live in a society where sexuality is dealt with very casually and openly. There is no concept of hetero/homosexuality, they just all do whatever they feel like at a time. And, as history proves (in the cases of ancient rome and greece, most prominently), what we would call bisexuality becomes very common in societies like this.
Just showing this concept on girls, who are generally already more open-minded about sexuality than boys would weaken the message which is essential to the world building. And the fact that closeted fags like you still get mad over it proves that it works.
>>
>>140788766
It's not that they're liberal, they make same gender pairs to relieve sexual tension without having to deal with tons of teen parents
>>
>>140787009
>implying that was where SSY went downhill
>implying it wasn't just after that when they split into pairs and the series turned into 5-6 episodes of suffering through either listening to them whine about how they miss each other, watching them walk from boring location to boring location, or watching boring fights where a couple of them use their psychic powers to help squealer fight some nobodies just because.

It improved again towards the end at least. Pretty good series overall.
>>
>>140788666
Perfectly said satan
>>
>>140788666
sasuga satan-kun
>>
>>140789293
I really don't think that's it, is there any specific reason why you think so? I'm fairly certain that they just make sure that nobody feels pressured so they won't turn into those Linkin Park demons. There are a lot of heterosexual couples, too, by the way.
Also, completely unrelated, this >>140789382
>>
File: 1461616510365.jpg (162 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1461616510365.jpg
162 KB, 500x465
>first 3 episodes were legitimately engaging and had a mysterious atmosphere that made you want to discover what's going on and slowly unravel the plot

>4th episode is a literal fucking plot dump

Whoops, I'm sorry, I thought this was going to be a good story that unfolds organically.
>>
File: 1459386749000.png (288 KB, 600x506) Image search: [Google]
1459386749000.png
288 KB, 600x506
Wasn't it a bit of an overreaction to make literally everyone gay during adolescence just to avoid teen pregnancies? If they're the masters of genetics and are literally able to reprogram humans like this, why didn't they just make it so girls only start ovulating in their mid-twenties? Or guys only shoot blanks until their mid-twenties?

Or just, you know, give away free birth control?
>>
>>140789749
>to avoid teen pregnancies?
I thought it was to avoid making them want to kill each other
>>
>>140789749
>>140789760
Didn't they literally say this? With the bonobos and all that. It's been a while since I've seen it so I don't remember it too clearly.
>>
>>140789749
It's almost like all the shit they did to keep the peace was extreme. The entire plot literally revolves around that fact, letting kids fuck each other was the least of their issues.
>>
>>140789760
Yes, they're paired up to avoid feelings that lead to them becoming demons. But they're also gay because they don't want pregnancies
>>
>>140789678
Because they stated that was one of the ways they kept the kids under check during puberty. Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>140789678
thats literally the reason

same sex couples are encouraged in their society for teens, once the reach adulthood through they are expected to marry and have kids.

homosexuality is a phase.
>>
>>140789844
Yes, as in "not make them want ot kill each other". Pregnancies weren't the problem, kids turning into monsters were. Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>140789678
I also think that it was just to release sexual pressure. Young adults who have a fulfilled sex life will not get violent and form stronger bonds between each other that will benefit their utopian society.
>>
>>140787009
You mean from episode 1 to episode 2?

Because it was all downhill after it became clear the show would not be spooky and had decided on 'muh deep molerats'
>>
>>140789921
sex = reduced aggression and anti-social behavior, but increased birth rate

higher birthrate = more individuals, less control, higher chance of fiends developing

thus same sex pairings for all the benefits but none of the draw backs

its not fucking complicated.
>>
>>140789749
Because bonobo genes or something.
>>
>>140789686
I actually thought the first three episodes sucked, I was waiting for something to happen. Overall the show was lacking a lot, they could have done so much more with it. The way they killed that red haired kid at the end was lame too. Why did they stay in Japan, and only in that one village? There's a whole world full of potential content to explore. I'm not an edge-lover, I didn't appreciate the excessive meaningless deaths in the show. If Saki had pulled some god-shit in the end and turned everyone to tang then it would have been a bit hit probably. They never explained the scientists either, where are they now? Whatever, shit show.
>>
>>140789999
>same sex pairings for all the benefits but none of the draw backs
Only because they live in a world magically free of STDs
>>
File: Messiah.png (213 KB, 400x540) Image search: [Google]
Messiah.png
213 KB, 400x540
>>140790117
Viruses and bacteria would pose no threat to a society which are literal nukes and can kill everything. As for medical miracles, consider a woman who can literally repair her own own telomeres without causing cancer and are able to constantly regenerate flesh. Hospitals are a plothole.
>>
>>140789760
>>140789797
They turned them into horny sex addicts so they relieve stress by fucking each other instead of killing each other, and they made them gay to avoid teen pregnancies. But instead of making them gay, why not just make them temporarily infertile?
>>
>>140790117
You're stupid
>>
I'm so glad they put this filter into the show.
>>
>>140790221
Not them but infertility procedures are shot in the dark. Some like vasectomies can be reversed or can fall through. Others like the Oral Contraceptive Pill require a lot of adherence and can cause side effects like hypertensions. Others like female tubal ligation are far more effective but less reversible.

SSY's society is far less technologically sophisticated than our own and their only concept of technology is a vial of anthrax spores released by smashing it open and anachronistic artefacts like the False Minoshiro. They can't even conceive of battery power, they are children pressing a button or two on the toys of the ancestors which was given to them.

Embedding homosexuality into the genome has a few advantages:
1) It's not a drug or a procedure requiring technical know how that SSY's society clearly lacks
2) Close monitoring of procreation ensures that the only members of the society which survive to pass on the homosexuality are those who were homosexual themselves → the non adherents are selected out of the population
3) Procreation is out of the picture as well as a reduction in the Karma demon/fiend incidence. Two objectives are achieved instead of just one.

Think Brave New World except they don't need contraception and sex as autoinjected soma.
>>
>>140787009
The funny thing is that the entie gay angle was just a phase for a couple of episodes to get the fujos watching, then it's completely forgotten and everyone is back to being straight.
>>
Pare de sugar caralhos, OP.
>>
>>140790590
Not really? I thought it was just to show how unnatural their sheeple society was for preventing Maria and Mamoru from getting together and demonising their relationship. And how everyone in their group was perfectly aware that they were aware that they were being played like a fiddle but they let it happen anyway because just because they're a little more aware and a little less brainwashed they still fit perfectly into their society.
>>
>>140790590
It's based on a fucking novel dumbass, since when has actual literature tried to pander to a group who are only interested in visual media? And it's got even more focus on the female couple than the male one.
>>
>>140788666
Once you tried to buttfuck the son of god and now you post on 4chan.
Between you and god who now seem to only appear on tortillas, your supernatural powers sure has decreased
>>
>>140790590
that's the point retard
>>
>>140788666
>neither gratuitous nor pandering

Satan please, that frenching was all of the above.
It was plot relevant, though.

And Squealer did nothing wrong.
>>
>>140788766
>muh history proves
>muh greek and roman faggots

Except it proves the exact opposite. Only when society is nearing its end bi and homo shit becomes widely accepted.
>>
File: normal_intredasting.jpg (25 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
normal_intredasting.jpg
25 KB, 399x330
>only one gay scene
>multiple lesbian ones
>complaining threads about the queers everyday but none about the dykes
>>
>>140791286
I bet you are a christfag or an allahfag
>>
>>140787009
Go read manga
It's good tier yuri sex
>>
>>140791309
please be in london
>>
>>140791396
I know how things work, yes.
>>
I dropped this at the ~8th episode because it was fucking boring
>>
>>140790590

>everyone goes back to straight

bisexuals exist, you know
>>
>>140787009
Oh look it's this thread again.
>>
>>140788666
HAIL SATAN
>>
File: 1414683804090.png (156 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1414683804090.png
156 KB, 625x626
>>140787009
Don't you get tired?
>>
>>140787342
/u/ in their natural habitat.
>>
>>140794373
Don't lump /u/ with that biased faggot, please.
>>
>>140789749
That one kid who fathered the killer was never gay or interested in men. He was on love with long hair girl entire time and didn't pair up with any guys.
>>
File: 1460126496387.jpg (83 KB, 532x396) Image search: [Google]
1460126496387.jpg
83 KB, 532x396
>tfw you realize /a/ is starting to hate Shinsekai Yori, a show that this board held in the highest graces a couple year ago
Watching the hipster process at work is a fantastic thing. Shinsekai Yori is a good fucking show, dont get mad that it isnt a niche little thing just for you.
>>
>>140795548
it's just one autistic troll.
>>
>>140795548
I found it boring as fuck with unlikeable nothing characters

the last episode was good but the payoff wasn't worth the journey
>>
I couldn't care less about the gay stuff in the show. I just found it mad annoying when I first watched this how they built up two different relationships for about 8 episodes, only to go BAM, 2 year timeskip, everyone's now gay. Granted, everyone changed back after like 2 episodes, but that shit was still jarring.

In the end though, no one, except the two teens who died and the one that died in the beginning, deserved a happy ending, especially after finding out what the molerats were really like and how they just kept the info to themselves and did nothing to change the status-quo. Fucking superhumans.
>>
>>140789749
They are not gay, you can't stop kids from fucking each other so they pair them with the same sex to avoid pregnancies. They see absolutely nothing wrong with being with the same sex, there is no stigma or nothing. Most of them are probably not gay, but it feels good and it works as an outlet for their sexual desires until they mature a bit more.
>>
How often do you think Maria's daughter was abused by the qeerats?
>>
File: image.png (104 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
image.png
104 KB, 320x287
>>140787009
The moral of the entire fucking story is that yuri shit and BL literally ruins everything. What is there to hate?
>>
>>140798054
Probably not at all.

I wonder if Mamoru and Maria were forced to fuck, then Mamoru got killed and Maria lobotomized, or if they lived under lies in the Robber Fly colony and were killed after Maria gave birth.
>>
>>140799014
Isn't there a plothole in that? The board of education wouldn't wait 9 months for having them confirmed ded.
>>
>>140799156
I imagine that is why they have Maria and Mamoru leave already pregnant in the Manga.
>>
>>140795548
/a/ still loves SSY and there has always been threads complaining about the gay as stupid as it is. There isn't a hipster change with SSY taking place.
>>
>>140788666
Perfectly said.
The homo scenes lasted about 1 minute of one episode, it's pathetic how offended homophobic retards got.
But in return the remaining threads for the anime were great after they all fucked off.
Remember how well received the hospital episode was? It was great discussing everything afterwards with non-pleb /a/.

>>140788369
Don't forget;
>/h/ pandering and won
All the gayshit couples were teenagers experimenting, they all straightened out eventually.
>>
File: 1455429785932.jpg (26 KB, 283x314) Image search: [Google]
1455429785932.jpg
26 KB, 283x314
>>140788666
this desu
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.