[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GiTS Movie reception I Japan https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 14
File: roflweebs.jpg (71 KB, 859x488) Image search: [Google]
roflweebs.jpg
71 KB, 859x488
GiTS Movie reception I Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc
>>
>>140708015
Japs
>she looks fine

White cucks
>OOOGA BOOGA BIX NOOD WER MY ASIAN WIMINZ AT? HUUR DUUR WHITE WASHING EVEN THOUGH MAJOR LOOKS MORE CAUCASIAN THAN ASIAN.

gits ain't the last airbender so fucking deal with it.
>>
File: 1461579327146.jpg (618 KB, 957x2695) Image search: [Google]
1461579327146.jpg
618 KB, 957x2695
>>
>>140708349
There are tons of Caucasians that originate from the south pole anon
>>
>>140708367
They're fucking ugly
>>
>>140708367
> giggling whores

Why the he'll are Japanese women so happy all the time? Shouldn't they be submissive cock sleeves that never leave the kitchen?
>>
>>140708401
Like you
>>
>>140708401
This is how you cure yellow fever.
>>
>>140708015
They're so samey. I'm not even talk about ARR ROOK SAME, but about their personalities. Either that or they're kicking keigu into overdrive for interviews.
>>
>>140708349
Agreed, but ScarJo is still shit.
>>
>>140708407
I don't get this. Why do asian girls always giggle when in groups?

I swear they must be producing laughing gas in their systems when they are in a group.
>>
File: 1461584990580.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461584990580.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>140708401
There not models, that's for sure. But at least they're spending their time outside, working and contributing to their country, unlike a fat neet who spends his time insulting people's appearances on image boards.
>>
I really don't get the hate for "whitewashing" GiTS.

Where were these same people when the new ghost busters movie got vajayjay'd up?

When they got a black girl to play Hermoine in the Harry Potter stage play?

THERE IS A THING CALLED DOUBLE STANDARDS

EITHER STAY CONSISTENT WITH YOUR BULLSHIT OR GET CALLED OUT FOR SPEWING IT IN THE WRONG PLACE

Besides, can anyone even name a competent Asian actress that can pull off the look/feel/rough borderline monotone dialogue of the Major that ScarJo was literally born to play?
>>
>A few Japanese people don't care because they're inundated with media revolving around them and the hyper majority in their country
>Japanese-Americans care because they're a minority who have far less media representation in their country and additionally are discriminated against in showbiz casting calls regularly

Damn nigga its almost like people of the same race from different continents will have different opinions to eachother based on their lived experiences.
>>
>>140708631
>Where were these same people when the new ghost busters movie got vajayjay'd up?

Weren't there lots of people annoyed about that?
>>
>>140708631
To be honest I just don't like SarJo. I don't mind a white actress playing the Major.
>>
Fuck off, /tv/
>>
>>140708631
ScarJo is a fucking awful action actress and can't pull off a tough character to save her life you shitter.

Fucking Kristen Stewart would do a better job than she can.

Also
>not understanding how people can be against whitewashing but not give a fuck about minorities getting roles previously reserved for white people

Do you really not get why they think whitewashing is bad? Like I seriously don't care if you agree or not, but if you actually think they're being hypocrites over this you literally do not understand their motivation in the first place.
>>
>>140708631
There may be local Asian actresses that could fit the role. Problem could be they wouldn't be able to speak competent english.
>>
>>140708658
Literally wouldn't give a shit if they didn't turn it into a slapstick, modern pleb humor rehash with gender swapped Ghostbusters. The hack job with shitty female comedians to meet a diversity quota is the problem, not the concept of a female cast. It's like a Tyler Perry blacksploitation movie for women.
>>
>This shit is always posted on /a/ and /tv/ non stop.
The only thing Weebs and sjws can do is to resort on damage control or make excuses.

Trust me, whites are the ones who's bitching about it the most.
>>
>>140708349
>gits ain't the last airbender
Based on the staff producing it, it's going to be even worse.
>>
>>140708655
You're splitting some mighty fine hairs in order to be offended
>>
>>140708401
So instead of addressing the point they raise you jump straight into insulting their appearance. Real classy mate, real classy. *shakes head*
>>
>>140708780
>Trust me, whites are the ones who's bitching about it the most.
As an Asian, My main annoyance would still be the likelihood that the film would suck. The race of the actress hardly matters if the film was going to be horrible either way.
>>
>>140708872
My point is the white washing thing, the characters in avatar clearly looks asians that's what it makes different to gits.
>>
>>140708015

These girls are not like in my anime, well apart from aku no hana.
>>
>>140708015
I'm not against it having a western actor i'm against the one they picked.
>>
I agree that the MC for Gits should be white, since asian woman doesn't have the strong/independent connotation. But Yagami Light should definitely be asian, the story is partially about how he is influenced by the society and him being smart and all does fit into the stereotype of an asian.
>>
You would think years of watching anime would teach /a/ that nobody wants to look Japanese less than the Japanese themselves
>>
>>140708658
>>140708761

Oh plenty were annoyed, but they were annoyed because it looks legitimately bad. The acting/comedy looks sub-par to say the least.

>>140708718

Kristen Stewart just looks stoned 90% of the time, don't disrespect the integrity of the Major's character like that.

I get why they think whitewashing is bad. What I don't get is why they didn't rant and rave as much for the other two instances where the source material was deviated from in the casting. If they are trying to be all "you must stay true to the original" why didn't they bitch and moan with ghost buster reboot/HP stage play? Hypocritical, if you ask me.

>>140708872
>>140708948

This is the bigger picture. They could get the perfect actors/actresses for the roles, but the writing/direction/production will be a shit show and a half. Judging by who they have so far it will be a short lived summer blockbuster.

I just pray that I am long dead or bordering on the edge of senility so that I do not have to see Hollywood try to adapt NGE.
>>
>>140708611
Pretty sure they are giggle because you are filming them.
>>
"Looking at her career so far, I think Scarlett Johansson is well cast. She has the cyberpunk feel. And we never imagined it would be a Japanese actress in the first place... This is a chance for a Japanese property to be seen around the world."
>>
>scarlett johansson
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""white""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>140708015
Jews aren't white
>>
>>140708625
ew I can smell the /pol/ wafting from your post
>>
>>140708401
That's your average Asian.
>>
>>140708631
>I really don't get the hate for "whitewashing" GiTS.
There is really no hate for whitewashing GiTS. The hate is because the movie is going to suck, it'll just be a dumb action movie dumb action movie actors and a dumb action movie plot.

Same with the Ghostbuster's movie, the movie being terrible and an obvious cash grab is a much greater sin than the black women.

Many people consider ScarJo a bad choice of actress for GiTS, and some people interpret that as "hate for whitewashing," when that is clearly not the problem most people have with this movie.
>>
>>140709098
>I get why they think whitewashing is bad. What I don't get is why they didn't rant and rave as much for the other two instances where the source material was deviated from in the casting. If they are trying to be all "you must stay true to the original" why didn't they bitch and moan with ghost buster reboot/HP stage play? Hypocritical, if you ask me.

You don't get why they think whitewashing is bad. Like, not at all.
>>
File: doambwNew00d.jpg (202 KB, 615x384) Image search: [Google]
doambwNew00d.jpg
202 KB, 615x384
>>140708761
>It's like a Tyler Perry blacksploitation movie for women.
BECAUSE THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED

I have no issue with bad comedy if the actors can pull it off. I mean, how many people unironically enjoyed the Austin Powers trilogy or Scary Movie? What made it work were the cast who worked with the shitty writing and humor.
>>
>>140709474
This. Nobody would give a fuck if Hollywood didn't have a history of taking content from outside sources and completely missing the reason as to what made it good to begin with.
>>
>>140709803
>how many people unironically enjoyed the Austin Powers trilogy or Scary Movie?
I'm willing to bet a lot of those people were younger than 18 when they first watched those movies. I know I was and when I rewatched them recently, they really didn't hold up that well.

Those types movies are better enjoyed in the company of friends and underage drinking.
>>
>>140708367
>colours
Fuck off Commonwealth English.
>>
>>140709474
>Many people consider ScarJo a bad choice of actress for GiTS
She can't act worth a shit and the ONLY thing she has going for her is most of the general public thinks she is a 10/10.
>>
>>140709896
>Those types movies are better enjoyed in the company of friends and underage drinking.
What's the demographic with the highest amount of disposable income nowadays?
>when I rewatched them recently, they really didn't hold up that well
I saw the third AP with family we all had a good laugh at parts. I think the main thing is what passed for humor and what studio execs could do back then. I would almost use this whitewashing thing as an excuse to pressure Hollywood into respecting the property with a faithful adaptation.
>>
I didn't care until about any of this shit until I find out they're using Idris Elba to play Roland in the Gunslinger movie that coming soon.
>>
>>140708407
>giggle
>happy
It's just something girls do when they don't know what to say but don't want to offend the person that is talking to them. Like showing slight uncomfort and giving them a chance to change topic. It doesn't mean they're happy or that they think the speaker is funny.
>>
>all this hate for GitS adaptation
Why? Edge of Tomorrow was fucking great, I don't see any reasons why this will be shit. /a/ is just super cynical lately.
>>
>>140709939
Americans don't speak english
>>
>>140710024
>Gunslinger movie that coming soon
Nah, that's not actually happening though.
>>
>>140708015
>clickbait youtube channels with cherrypicking
Stop.
>>
>>140708631
i could name a few good asian actress' but none come to mind that could fit the role

why are people expectations so high anyhow, it's a film based on an anime we know how this shit ends.
>>
>>140710116
Cancelled again?
I haven't really been following it or anything, I never had high hopes or anything really.
>>
>>140710059
Because literally no one cared about Edge Of Tomorrow's source material. People know what Gits is so they can get mad over it.
>>
I thought anime stories and scripts weren't good enough fo glorious Jewlywood?
>>
ScarJo isn't intimidating enough IMO. In everything I've seen her in she always comes off as just kinda cute and tiny. The Major is an imposing and intimidating person, tough enough that her veteran detective buddies aren't scared of much, but they're sure glad she's on their team instead of against them.

Maybe the movie will prove be wrong, but at this point I'm having a hard time imagining ScarJo being that scary.
>>
>>140708015
What's the point of these shit threads, Mr. Marketer? I'm not going to watch your bad movie anyway.
>>
>>140710030
This. Japanese women are notoriously submissive and shy. Imagine if you were shy as fuck and someone came up to you and shoved a mic into your face asking about something you probably don't care about.
>>
>>140710174
>hollywood caring about the quality of scripts
Nice joke.
>>
The chick from Alien should have done it.
If she's still alive or whatever.
>>
>>140708780
Kinda like a lot of minorities that simply don't give a fuck and who aren't even responsible for the equality, libtard bullshit.
>>
>live action anime movie
>western live action anime movie
It's going to be shit, who even cares?
>>
>>140710255
Sigourney Weaver would have been perfect for this role if she was 20 years younger.
>>
Be happy they only put some hooked nose Jew in the role and not some 40 year old half "asian" half black sheboon.
>>
>>140710251
>It's done by an industry in the west known for butchering adaptations from other sources
>GiTS is a Japanese-made film exploring the nature of cyberization and how it impacts Japanese society/culture
If you're going to be a transparent retard, then maybe the McDonald's playplace is more your speed.
>>
>The casting is criticized in the US. What do you think the reason is?
>Is it cause they have higher standards?
kek
>>
My favorite phrase that gets thrown around when people talk about 'white washing' is 'Couldn't they find an asian actress'.
The hypocrisy is really quite remarkable
>>
>>140708015
>Because we are fascinated by white people
kek. They just said they like colorful hair and eyes.
>>
>>140708015
Stop constantly shilling this Youtuber.
>>
>>140708015
Funny how SJWs/chinks from the west are so butthurt over that video in the comment section.
>>
>>140708015
>caring about the opinions on normalfags
>implying japs have taste
>ugly women easily grabbed off the street to talk to foreign camera men being a representative of anything
>>
>>140708546
They only interviewed a handful of people. I think they needed more people from varying demographics like the old, liberal and right wingers etc.
>>
File: asianfever.jpg (451 KB, 1616x1480) Image search: [Google]
asianfever.jpg
451 KB, 1616x1480
>>140708015
>>
>>140708407
>Why the he'll are Japanese women so happy all the time?
Traditional lifestyle.
Western women are unhappy whorebags who are miserable 90% of the time because no more intact family values and traditional gender roles drive them up the wall but they're too brainwashed to realize it.
>>
>She was chosen for her skills
Lost my shit at that part, that dude needs to do stand up.
>>
>>140708948
This. Who cares about the casting when everything else already looks like shit? Perfect casting wouldn't save this from being fucking awful.
>>
>>140708401
USA! USA! USA!
>>
>>140708611
>>140708407
Because they are retarded.
>>
>>140708015
I don't mind them using a white actress as much as it is Scarlet fucking Johansson again.
Shit.
There are many white actress more suited for the Major role than that total hack.
Fucking hate how hollywood keep shoving her everywhere nowadays.
>>
>>140708401
they're not so bad

teeth are a bit fucked, but i hear that Americans have absurdly white/straight teeth compared to even other western nations
>>
>>140708015
I think everyone would agree if they could find some new girl with real talent for this as her first role. However it's a hollywood movie, and adapting an anime is already a risk so of course they're going to put a well known actress as the lead to try to get more people to come see it.
She's literally the equivalent of click bait for movies.
>>
>>140708015
All of that dude's videos only lead me to the conclusion that Japanese people are really damn ugly in general.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 355x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 355x402
Shit thread was started again
>>
File: 2016-04-26_15-50-36.jpg (60 KB, 384x423) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-26_15-50-36.jpg
60 KB, 384x423
Holy shit white people are too privileged
>>
File: 2134123.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2134123.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
H-Holy shit guys, he figured it out...
>>
>>140708631

>vajayjay'd up

This is the most embarassing fucking thread I've seen on /a/ in a while.
>>
File: 1294758776128.jpg (9 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
1294758776128.jpg
9 KB, 300x562
>>140714838
>>
This shit needs to stop. No Hollywood adaptation of any anime has ever been, or ever will be good. All they do is stain the reputation of the original title, and attract swarms of normies to my Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>140714838
Words to live by.
>>
>>140716256
But then there would be no posts on /a/
>>
Why do you keep making thread about this shit and why do you fuckers keep replying?
>>
>>140708631
SJW is 100% ressentiment toward white males for performing technological and artistic miracles. Everything else is pretext and window dressing.
>>
>>140708349
>gits ain't the last airbender
Of course it is, it'll still flop and have bombastic sells. Getting Harlot Hohansson as Major won't change the fact.
>>
>>140708631
I begrudgingly resent ScarJo, she can't act for shit. It has nothing to do with whitewashing.

I really don't care who play Major, so as long as the script is genuine to the source material I'm alright.
>>
>>140708631
>He wasnt on /tv/ when ghostbusters came out
>>
>>140714838
BASED
>>
>>140714838
He seems fucking retarded.
>>
>>140716372
Which would be the best outcome
>>
The movie is highly likely to be shit for reasons that have nothing to do with using white actors.

If by some miracle it's a great film and ScarJo is in it then all the better. She is hot.
>>
The west needs to be put down already.
>>
>>140720498
After the total abomination that was evolution I don't see why hollywood would even take the risk on another anime adaptation. I don't think you get more popular anime than dragonball was in the states, and it still bombed horribly. Granted they raped any resemblance to the original IP.
>>
>>140710059
All You Need Is Kill weren't popularized as GiTS is, there may have been a minute few who knew what it was, however.

GiTs is globally well-known having influenced the Wachowskis and others.
>>
>>140720658
Wasn't Evolution basically a home video release?
>>
>>140720658
>why hollywood would even take the risk on another anime adaptation
They're not taking risks on other anime, Death Note is heading straight to Netflix.

I'd say it is because of ScarJo they have faith in the adaptation well do great, whereas Wolfe only stared in John Green flicks and they probably don't want to take that risk of experiencing another bomb.
>>
File: laughingwhore.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhore.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>140708015
>Implying is not going to suck anyway.
>>
Wasn't the script for the movie leaked already?
>>
As I said last time of course they don't give much fucks, can't be helped attitude, insular culture, the expats are the ones actually affected. Besides the people interviewed are the normalfags of nihon. The ones that would give a fuck are inside or running away from cameras.

Still doesn't change the fact there were better ways to do this shit and that with a better director they could kick Scarjo and still attract the general public. But they got the guy from the Huntsman shit known for banging the girl from the gay vampire franchise.
>>
If Asian-Americans are concerned about representation, they should probably stay away from this film. Because it's likely going to bomb even with SJ's titties bouncing around for two hours.

If they go their way and SJ as replaced with some Asian actress, it would just bomb even harder without her star power.
>>
File: 3645735786.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3645735786.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
It's a double edged blade.

Look at it from a business perspective. You can only sink money into a project if you think it will make money.

Ghost in the Shell is niche. Really niche. If they adapted it faithfully to please the fans the project would run the risk of bombing out in cinemas and not making a return on investment (although I truly do believe it could still be financially viable with unknown Asian actors).

Look at Last Airbender and Dragon Ball Z. Would those films have been more commercially successful if they had been faithful to the source material and used Asian actors? I don't think so. Fans may have raved, but that doesn't sell tickets to your average movie going pleb.

Edge of Tomorrow is an example of good Hollywoodification. It's not faithful to the source material, but inspired by it. Fans don't get mad because Hollywood wrecked their favourite thing, and studios/publishers don't lose on their investment, and your average movie pleb can watch and enjoy it without prior knowledge of the source material.

I love Ghost in the Shell and I think a faithful adaptation with Japanese actors and Jap dub would be fucking cool, but I know nobody would sink 300 mil into the project to make it a reality.

Hollywood can't into original content because they are hacks and their business model doesn't factor in creative development (R&D). So they take it from wherever they can get it. Biggest budgets will always be allocated to the lowest common denominators. Just need to deal with shit, because the world is mostly shit.
>>
>>140721482
>Look at Last Airbender and Dragon Ball Z

Two major flops?
Good Examples!
>>
>>140721482
While I do believe that GitS is pretty niche for a blockbuster, I think it can be a good movie with the right crew and producers, which is not the case here.
>>
>>140720820
It was a full on theatrical release. It just bombed so hard they had to pull it and released it on dvd. It sold that horribly.
>>140720845
The scarlet thing is most likely a moot point however, if any of the other anime adaptation movies are something to go by. I figure their best bet is probably to go generic action, however GiTS is not just a standard action series. I can only really see them doing something like that. It's safe, and may actually sell, but it will be a far cry from anything related to GiTS. You know, go for the generic "explosions are cool" money vs fans of the actual franchise which will most likely boycott the film for not following the story at all.
All things said though, I do kind of still want to see the Alita movie Cameron has been saying he wants to do for years now. I think it'd work a lot better as a Hollywood movie.
>>
>>140711582
It was a similar case here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwoSYWIgV9Y
>>
>>140721482
Why are they making a movie out of the series in the first place if it's so niche that they need to change it to make it appeal to people? The people who are actually familiar with GiTS will hate it, and the brand being attached to the movie won't make a difference to people who don't know the first thing about it.
>>
File: 1451616428006.png (36 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
1451616428006.png
36 KB, 300x350
Japan not being butthurt little shits as expected. Feels like just lately in the US, full on hatefulness against whites has gotten kind of legit. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>140711513
It's a really interesting channel though. And it's funny to see how weeaboos and SJWs react when they get redpilled by it
>>
File: moe.jpg (764 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
moe.jpg
764 KB, 1200x900
>>140708401
Thats Japan, the place where they aspire to have shit teeth.
>>140708450
Some countries have cute girls. Like Vietnam. Mainly beccause they wear those pointy hats, but look cute becuase they have ribbons. I'm jsut bored of western girls dressing slutty as fuck thinking it looks attractive.

Why cant western women be fashionable?
That ribbon is a tiny touch, but it adds so much.
>>
>>140724286
>Why cant western women be fashionable?
You're not looking in the right places.
>>
>>140724331
Where should I look then?
Because I think just walking around gives you a good idea of the fashions of a culture. Or are you saying random people on the street dont reflect the general attitudes?
>>
>>140724419
The West is more than just America.
>>
>>140724454
I'm British m8, try again.
I have also been to a few other European countries. France was probably the most suprising, not fashion but the fact that there were so many blacks in paris. I'm suprised the shootings a while back had white victims in them given how Paris looked.
>>
>>140724739
Have you looked at Western girls that don't look slutty but at the same time look pretty and beautiful?
>>
GitS is gonna be shit because it's a Live Action make of an anime
The leads race literally doesn't matter.

I doubt many fans are mad about "whitewashing"
Plus the Japanese yellowash everyone in remakes of western shit.
>>
>>140724836
I dont really see them.
Unless it's winter where they have to wear more clothes. I'm just sick of the sexy = less clothes mentality, when honestly it's the opposite. Burkha's are shit, but I cant say the human body is a work of art either. not helped by the fact peoiple are getting fatter. Nothing worse than fat people wearing tight clothes.
>>
>maybe it's like when Japanese people don't like it when they make an anime adaption
Exactly. It's the same thing but in a move format

>because it's anime it's not meant to be realistic
This. It literally doesn't matter, who cares. Anime characters don't look white or Japanese but some idealised not really human thing. It's going to be shit for other reasons.
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.