[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the only "trapped in another world" LN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: 1459740491722.jpg (221 KB, 1041x1101) Image search: [Google]
1459740491722.jpg
221 KB, 1041x1101
Why is this the only "trapped in another world" LN based anime worth watching?
>>
>>140665461
Because 12kingdoms went into a hiatus indefinitely like Haruhi.
>>
Because it doesn't take itself seriously and has likable funny characters
>>
Cause it's self aware and clever with its meta.
>>
It isn't. With a few exceptions that are already +5 years old, every trapped in an MMO light novel is pure formulaic shit. Even if the show makes out like it's "subverting" these shitty tropes it is never in a constructive way and only serves to justify the existence of those shitty tropes in their shitty anime. This show is no different from Netoage and Re Zero. It's not special in any way and is just another example of same shit different asshole.
>>
Because you're easily anused.
>>
>>140665461
It isn't. Don't get fooled by fags who has no standards.
>>
Log Horizon S1 is great. Overlord is decent.
>>
>>140665541
>trapped in an MMO
Opinion dropped because it is clear you don't even know what you are talking about.

Also, tastefags should fuck back off to >>>/v/
>>
File: konosuba.png (150 KB, 359x414) Image search: [Google]
konosuba.png
150 KB, 359x414
>>140665461

>uses standard material
>it doesn't count because it's IRONIC

just call me next season when it turns into a harem
>>
>>140665461
Did they ever explain who the person in that middle square is?
>>
>>140665596
It's a fucking MMO. Do you read the subtitles or just look at the pretty pictures?
>>
>>140665461

It was okay, but it drags out the beginner town part for too long
>>
>>140665665
One of the many axis cultists speaking out on how much he's prospered after joining.
>>
>>140665541
this. it's fine, it's cute, everyone is likeable, it's even mostly enjoyable. that doesn't mean it's good, tho. just more pablum, more crap, a formula with very defined constraints.
>>
>>140665674
It's rpg based, not a fucking video game. Are you brain dead. Rpg doesn't = vidya.

No, I didn't look at the pretty pictures or the subs. I read its fucking ln. /v/ermin should fuck back off to their own board. Just because something has some simple rpg elements, which are more of a /tg/shit than /v/shit, it doesn't mean its TRAPPED IN A MMO OH NO.
>>
>>140665811
autism strong with this one.
>>
>>140665461
Because it's the only one you watched, as it became popular in your circle of friends who only watch socially-approved anime.
>>
>>140665811
You're either trying way too hard or you're a diagnosed assburger. Do you seriously believe that this one particular vn/anime is pandering to your american dnd sensibilities? It's a generic
''parody" of shit like SAO.

>muh setting
Giant frogs mean a lot to you autists
>muh comedy
Yeah, another joke about how people do this when they're in an MMO hilarious
>muh deconstruction of the genre
This show hasn't even scratched the surface of the genre. If you think a few jokes and timeskips that makes it "self aware" then you're fucking delusional.
>>
>>140665858
The autism is the one who can't tell the difference between simple genres and resorts to using certain terms like as if they are buzzwords because he can't understand simple concepts.
>>
Friendly reminder that megumin a super shit.
>>
>>140665858
>>140665674

Do you have any idea what a fucking MMO is? We have shows that are clearly mmo based like log horizon, .hack and SAO. Shows like konosuba are DQ/rpg mechanics, not mmo.
>>
>>140665970
bro, whether its a fucken mmo or an rpg is irrelevant. the point that you keep concertedly missing is that this shit is formulaic. I'm not even sure if you are like defending konosuba, or just policing these nonsense boundaries.
>>
>>140665967
>It's a generic
>''parody" of shit like SAO.
See? You don't even know what you are fucking talking about. The stupid thing is meant to be a parody of all those reincarnation WN's that haven't been animated yet for some odd reason like MT.

You don't even know what a fucking video game is apparently, if you think common rpg aspects that are in no way exclusive to video games suddenly mean something is a video game just because it has them.

>american
Good thing I'm not! But you probably are, mate. I'm just simply not a stupid idiot who is going around blanket statementing shit because he is only capable of thinking and seeing things in black and white.
>>
File: retards.jpg (82 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
retards.jpg
82 KB, 480x300
>>140666123
lol
>trapped in an MMO and trapped in an RPG ARE WILDLY DIFFERENT.
>>
>>140665461
No, because it's generic as fuck and the "jokes" are stale.
>>
>>140666048
>>140666123
If you think that the Japanese MMOs as represented in anime and LNs don't share nearly every feature with Jap RPGs aside from a few quirks of gameplay and interactivity you're fucking retarded.

I literally talked about DnD in my post you retard. I know the fucking difference between table top and video games and if you think that DnD and its clones are more popular and represented in LNs and anime than fucking MMO RPG shit you're living under a fucking rock.

>The stupid thing is meant to be a parody of all those reincarnation WN's that haven't been animated yet for some odd reason like MT.

This is even more fucking cliche and intellectually bankrupt than straight up parodying SAO, not that there's any real difference between saying "looks what was silly in this!" and "look what was silly in the book about what was silly in this!" You're still recycling the same cliches over and over again. If you think that reading shitty trash-filled LNs makes you opinion correct you're fucking wrong.
>>
>>140666325
Sharing features do not make different genres the same you retard or they wouldn't be different fucking genres.
>>
NGNL > ALL
>>
>>140666408
The only real ground shaking difference between most MMOs and RPGs is that one is an online experience and the other you can play by yourself.
>>
>>140666427
Isekai No Seikishi Monogatari > *
>>
heh heh heh, your mother

xD
>>
>>140665461
It was funny but then there's that one scene that just gone dark

The fucked up part is that the girls don't even care when his head was flying
>>
>>140665461
Because it isn't.

>>140665507
Fuck off.
>>
>>140666737
No you fuck off.
>>
File: 01030.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
01030.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1200
You have...

...Stories where you build characters for the world.
>Aka your world/universe/etc better be really interesting.

...Stories where you build a world around your characters.
>Your characters need to be really interesting.

Most LNs go with the first route, and everything falls flat. The world is already boring & the copy-pasted generic characters they insert into it doesn't help at all.

So you have a world where you as a reader are not invested in, unless you've literally never read/seen another story like it, and characters you don't really give a fuck about.

I feel like Konosuba took the generic world approach, but actually gave us interesting characters that were fun to watch. I think the first episode really sells this simply because most of it is us watching them do pointless stuff. But because of how they act & their personality, it didn't matter.

>pic unrelated
>>
sao was shit because it dropped all the "trapped in an mmo" for "typical highschool romance with asexual mc+tsundere girl"
konosuba doesnt have romance yet, it keeps doing game related stuff, it has humour
>>
File: wiz.jpg (34 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
wiz.jpg
34 KB, 225x350
"Oh by the way, read the novel you fucks" the character
>>
>>140665461
If you aren't fapping to anime you're doing everything wrong
>>
File: Rakashun_and_Youko.png (1 MB, 750x996) Image search: [Google]
Rakashun_and_Youko.png
1 MB, 750x996
>>140665461
Do you know about this?
>>
>>140666670
No Megumin and Darkness do. Aqua doesn't because she can revive him and has probably seen plenty of deaths. Aqua is the arbiter of death you know, for Japan at least.
>>
>>140665541
Formulaic isn't bad in itself. Most forms of entertainment couldn't even exist if it had to be 100% original and unpredictable every time.
>>
>>140665461
Because it's a parody of this adventure subgenre while not going full meta.
>>
>>140667419
Why do all my favorite things get put on hold indefinitely?
>>
>>140665502
>dis

it's a character driven show
>>
>>140665461
because Re zero is terrible.The nips also don't like it.
>>
>>140665674
fuck of to /v/,reddit whatever shithole you come from.
>>
>>140665763
Okay. I thought it might have been one of the adventurer dudes, but that works too.
>>
>>140670026
people that think re:zero is terrible should hang themselves as soon as possible
>>
>>140665461
>Re:Zero
>Grimgar
If you're going to set the bar as low as 'worth watching', then of course there's others.

>>140665507
>clever with its meta.
Stop killing the English language and kill yourself instead.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.