[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Shikai Has the power to turn into a vastly shittier and impractical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: shit.jpg (334 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
334 KB, 1280x688
>Shikai
Has the power to turn into a vastly shittier and impractical weapon.

>Bankai
Needs to charge up over time to finally have the power....to cut things. A power made absolutely obsolete as of Kenpachi's Shikai.

Can we all take a moment to reflect on this man's shitty ass Zanpaktou and why Kubo would give this poor man such a shitty sword.
>>
Kubo can't make good powers without understanding how to properly power scale them. He made all these shitty bankais in the beginning forgetting these characters can't get any better. What an utter waste.
>>
He's a fucking jobber, what do you want?
>>
>>140644742
The thing is that all the flaws in his weapon are flaws in Ikkaku himself. He calls his sword lazy and needs to charge when he's the type of guy to deliberately limit himself to prolong a fight, his weapon is fragile but capable of giving a tremendous blow, he is no tank but he can certainly hit hard. He does everything possible not to use his bankai, his bankai does everything possible to not be used again.
>>
>>140644742
he need to train his bankai
>>
>>140644917
Nah, he can just say the bankai was incomplete, or not their real bankai, or etc. See: Ichigo, Renji, Hitsugaya
>>
>>140645749
Pottery
>>
>>140645749
KUBOOO
>>
>>140644742
I really like Ikkaku and his zanpaktou. It might not be among the best but I think it makes for better fights then some of the reality bending powers in the series.
>>
>>140644742
I haven't read this in 7 years
Didn't the furry guy have a bankai that made a giant version of himself, but if the giant got hurt he got hurt too?
That was the stupidest lamest shit ever.
>>
>>140644742
Someone please explain why the left/right blades come with counterweights when a huge chunk is just fucking floating on a chain
>>
File: shikai.jpg (3 MB, 2165x2306) Image search: [Google]
shikai.jpg
3 MB, 2165x2306
>>140644742
to be fair most of Kubo's sword shenanigans have been absolutely stupid
>>
File: bankai.jpg (2 MB, 2165x1918) Image search: [Google]
bankai.jpg
2 MB, 2165x1918
>>140651246
>>
>>140644917
Was the guy with the power to increase the weight of things he strikes made relevant later or he was just a mook with a nice power?
>>
>>140651713
mook with a nice power. but he did manage to ascend to being a fan favorite mook at least
>>
>>140644742
>Spear and 3-section staff is "shittier" than a katana.
Weeb alert
>>
since we're here, what does kenpachi's bankai do?
>>
>>140654815
transform him into a big guy
>>
>>140651246
>>140651295
this is hard to look at, mainly because it's in a collage
>>
>>140644917
Are there really that many "shitty" bankai? Dog captains kinda sucked (although a lot of that can just be attributed to him sucking in general), but I don't think any others were really bad.
>>
>>140655276
Bankai upgrade and change over time, not everyone is capable of modding them like Mayuri.
>>
>>140649821
yes. Then he ripped his heart out and became a man and his bankai became immortal and then he became a dog but like, a normal one
>>
>>140655276
People seem to think Soi Fong's was lame, but I kind of liked it. A one shot, one kill nuke was cool in theory, it mostly only failed because Barragan's powers were a good counter to it.
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 717x703) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 717x703
Did he died? I can't remember
>>
>>140655789
Without his heart, probably.
>>
spears are great. need more spears
>>
>>140655560
I also liked it. Its a logical upgrade from her shikai but it doesn't make the shikai obsolete
>>
>>140655789
>>140655960
There was a panel of him walking alongside his vice-captain later.
>>
>>140644742
Luckiest man in Gotei 13.
>>
>>140651713
Last time we saw him, he was about to face off against by far the strongest and most broken-as-fuck Quincy after said Quincy fell out of the Royal Realm and down onto Soul Society.
The way it was set up suggests he has a chance, but the Quincy only fell after Shunsui's bankai failed to do anything, and his lieutenant's asspull god-slaying sword failed to anything either.
>>
>>140649821
It's called a Stand, you fucking casual.
>>
>>140654815
Makes his sword sharper.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.