[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: gantz.jpg (112 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
gantz.jpg
112 KB, 1200x900
What went wrong?
>>
I liked it, seems like just the right amount of mainstream hate for it to be considered good.
If no one dislikes it, like Tokyo Ghoul or My Boyfriend's a Monster it's 99/100 times bad.
>>
The ending and vampires. Everything else was pretty solid.
>>
>>140629696
Kei was shit, the old man and psychic boy was cool though.
>>
>>140629696
The last chapter. Everything else was pretty entertaining.
>>
>>140631330
Nothing wrong with vampire, its a race of alien who wanted to defend themselves against gantz who keep purging aliens
>>
>>140631528
They were humans though, Kei's brother became a vampire.
>>
the last arc was a little too rushed
>>
Inconsequential vampires out of nowhere for no reason.
The final explanation was shit and unsatisfying.
>>
>>140629696
Everything post Kyoto mission
>>
the lack of nudity in the later chapters was the downhill of this manga...
>>
Started going downhill after volume 20, but it wasn't actually 'bad' until the last arc.
>>
>>140629696
KEI-CHAN KEI-CHAN KEI-CHAN KEI-CHAN KEI-CHAN KEI-CHAN KEI-CHAN KEI-CHAN KEI-CHAN
TAE-CHAN TAE-CHAN TAE-CHAN TAE-CHAN TAE-CHAN TAE-CHAN TAE-CHAN TAE-CHAN TAE-CHAN
>>
>>140629696
they killed michael jackson and hitler.
>>
>>140629696
Should've ended with the page with the guy fucking the giant mass of alien bodies. not a page more, because that was the peak of the whole manga.
>>
>>140637336
I think you misunderstood the point of Gantz if you think that's what happened.
>>
>>140637277
lost interest after the giant aliens. did he ever bother to bring back the other 2 girls he banged?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-09-16-06-54.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-09-16-06-54.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
Why hasnt everyone read Gantz!!!??
>>
>>140629696
Other than abandoned sideplots and bad pacing it was pretty great. 8/10
>>
>>140637763
The giant aliens were the last enemies. You gave up right before the Evangelion-tier ending.
I remember one of the girls was brought back, but only to be killed as an example by alien god.
>>
>>140629696
It goes to shit after the nuri mission. The scanlations and the horrible 3d rendered aliens also makes the ride worse.
>>
>>140629696
disregarding best girl for sloppy cheapness, dropping psychic boys plot, thinking suffering is good when you forget to plan an ending.
>>
It's the evangelion of manga, literally.
They did nothing wrong but tae arc
>>
>>140629696
Should have ended sooner before it went full OH!Great.
>>
>>140631330
>>140631528
I want to say that Vampires were man-made, IIRC the chapter where Kurono's brother was introduced. I dunno their purpose, but nor why they helped aliens and fought hunters, but there really wasn't much reason to show them again since Kurono and Izumi took out all of them save for the two that went to Osaka.

>>140637277
This so fucking much. There relationship felt really strange, and that's mostly because of how Kurono changed. Kurono was an asshole at the start, but at least we could peer into his mind and he was very vocal about why he did the things he did. After the Buddha mission, Kurono became quite taciturn and just told everyone to believe in friendship and shit. We never really got to know why he made the choices he made, since he either stayed silent and did something or just thought, "Tae-chan" and that's it.

Katou was a better character because at least we could follow his mental processes. Not to mentioned he scored a better bird
>>
>hot girl got her own kei clone
>he lets her die
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>140629696
nothing it is a good read
>>
>>140641091
>he lets her die
they both die, and to make things worse. He becomes the child to her in 25 years.
>>
muscle rider and oldman are the best characters
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.