[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen if we could all feel each other's pain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 56447971_p0.png (2 MB, 2480x2976) Image search: [Google]
56447971_p0.png
2 MB, 2480x2976
What would happen if we could all feel each other's pain and feelings?
>>
>>140545500
Orange Tang
>>
Everyone on /a/ commits suicide at once.
>>
File: 56446002_p0.png (340 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
56446002_p0.png
340 KB, 800x1132
>>140545589
I can definitely see some asshole anon trying to pull that off.
>>
>>140545500
Someone needs to read or watch Kino no Tabi
>>
Pass out from all the constant masturbation.
>>
>I'm just pretending to be retarded
>Still acts retarded afterwards
I don't understand
>>
>>140545500
You will know death every seven seconds.
Assuming, that is, that the experience does not affect death rates.
>>
File: 56450546_p1.jpg (248 KB, 699x828) Image search: [Google]
56450546_p1.jpg
248 KB, 699x828
>>140545830
Pretending to believe in fairies. Still a retard.
>>
Everyone would be pretty nice and a lot would kill themselves
>>
I don't get it really
if you kill yourself does everyone die?
>>
shit anime
>>
>>140545981

That would be pretty short sighted of the creators. Also, since MC survived being killed because his death was transferred among the kiznaivers, I think it'd be fine.
>>
>>140545981
No. They simply realize how loud a heartbeat is when, for a single terrifying instant, they hear silence.
>>
>>140545500
nothing would change. people would get used to it. the meek will get meeker and the strong will get more aggressive. regular people will just be like they always have
>>
>>140546300
You're wrong. Aggressive people are the way they are because they lack empathy. If they were suddenly forced into being overly-empathetic they'd be as meek as anyone.
>>
>>140545500
>What would happen if we could all feel each other's pain and feelings?
Jump off a cliff. If I go down, I'm bringing everyone with me!
>>
>>140546362
>If they were suddenly forced into being overly-empathetic they'd be as meek as anyone.
feeling pain doesn't make you understand pain or fear it. aggressive people expect pain, endure it, and some times enjoy it. when it comes to others less aggressive than they, it gives aggresive people more leverage
>>
>>140545500
Masochists would actually ruin the entire intent of the program.
>>
>>140545500
Then the world would be in constant non stop pain 24/7, people having heart attacks every second, brain tumors, cancer, stubbing your toe, falling off your bike, accidently cutting your finger while making dinner etc, all the time.

The world wouldn't be able to function, thus this show and it's premise makes absolutely no sense.
>>
Kizanaving seems to be pain focused
Negative feelings are harder to deal with for most people, I think it would lead to a hugbox society where no one would ever talk bad. Its basically that way already, maybe anyone talking bad would just get killed to remove them from the loop so they can't cause everyone to suffer more.
To other feelings, that would likely just overwhelm and confuse people when you would get off using a blender or some shit. Most likely just lead to it being painful and society above, like those people who have orgasms all the time and they end up hating their lives.
>>
Everyone would feel gay because of you.
>>
>>140546550
>thus this show and it's premise makes absolutely no sense.
Its clearly a metaphor for regular relationships anon. Geez, why are you so stupid? Wait, why did I feel bad just now?
>>
>>140545500
First, our nervous systems burn out from all the feedback and outside signal overload.

And then we still hate each other anyways, or hate each other more.
>>
>>140546550
>No the pain is seperated!

If that's the case then 1/7billionth of all pain is nothing, we wouldn't even feel it, also rendering the whole thing uselss.

What kind of a hack job wrote this and thought it was be a plausible premise for an anime about angsty one note teenage anime archytypes?
>>
>>140546700
>1/7billionth of all pain is nothing
what? you need to rethink this statement
>>
>>140546645
It doesn't matter if it's a metaphor, in the context of the show it makes no sense.

Even as a metaphor it makes no sense cause someone is in physical pain every second of everyday all the time.
>>
>>140546764
If the pain of fatally falling down stares can be split by 7 people to the point where no one feels any real damage.

Then pain split between 7 billion people is nothing.
>>
>>140546767
I don't know where your pudding brain was going with that anon. Its about close personal relationships and not-esdeath mad about how bokukid doesn't want to fuck her.
>>
Board quality will instantly skyrocket.
>>
>>140546822
>i think only one person gets hurt at a time

"whoops i can't get hurt right now! i'm not scheduled until 2:00!"

is that how you think everything works?
>>
>>140546822
The question then becomes how many of those 7 billion are in pain.

If I went and injected a hundred people with platypus venom before rolling them through a gympie gympie tree, that alone would overwhelm the sensation of an entire nation simultaneously orgasming.
>>
>>140546822
What about accidents where someone gets "overkilled"? Like someone drowning, with no way to escape for example
>>
>>140546915
Are you fucking retarded? Or can you just not read.

As we all have seen when someone feels pain everyone effected by the kiznaiver system feels pain all at the same time.

Apply this to 7 billion people, we would all be feeling pain non stop all the time. Cause someone somewhere is in physical pain every second of every day.
>>
File: 1459909056043.jpg (357 KB, 688x964) Image search: [Google]
1459909056043.jpg
357 KB, 688x964
>>140545572
1st reply best reply
>>
>>140546984
I think you're missing my point.
What i'm saying is this premise makes no sense.
>>
>>140547014
>can you not read
uh, no?
>Then pain split between 7 billion people is nothing.
maybe my problem is this sentence here?
>>
>>140547116
I'm gonna try to make this as simple as possible.

A Newton is a measurement of force, the higher the amount of newtons the more force.

Lets say a regular punch is 400 newtons of force.
This force split between 7 people is about 57 newtons each.
Do you follow?
Each person connected to the system will feel 57 newtons of force in the punch, instead of 400 which would have hurt a lot more then 57 newton.

Now imagine if 400 newtons of force was split between 7 billion people.

That's far less than 1 newton. No one would feel a thing.

Do you understand?
>>
>>140547555
your assumption is based on the belief that no one else is exeriencing something that gives them pain. that is demonstrably impossible.

ther are constant sources of pain. chronic illness, violence, death, and accidents occuring at every moment

do you understand?
>>
>>140546499
>tfw no zeroth maria animu
>>
I'm a chronic masturbator. You are all welcome.
>>
File: 1399478574215.png (32 KB, 578x547) Image search: [Google]
1399478574215.png
32 KB, 578x547
>>140545500

Unless you are a some kind of bizarre super computer grafted to a person, you'll only be able to feel the general human gestalt.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.