[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every time i see an anime mentioned people ALWAYS talk about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1454663244451.jpg (2 MB, 1300x2000) Image search: [Google]
1454663244451.jpg
2 MB, 1300x2000
Every time i see an anime mentioned people ALWAYS talk about how the manga is better.

So my question is, is there a anime that is superior to the manga? Or is this just some sort of hipster meme?
>>
>>140518981
>Every time i see an anime mentioned people ALWAYS talk about how the manga is better.
That's because you don't lurk enough.

>So my question is, is there a anime that is superior to the manga? Or is this just some sort of hipster meme?
Why don't you just lurk more?
>>
>>140518981
There are cases of manga adaptations of original anime.
>>
Ga-Rei Zero. Have no idea how the anime ever came about but it's better than the manga in every way
>>
It's often a meme used by people who read shit manga and think criticism to its anime is on a technical level, strictly related to the medium used (animation) and not to the work/story themselves.

If the mangaka actually knows his stuff, then it holds up.
>>
Pretty much every CLAMP adaptation is better than the source material.
>>
>>140518981
K-on!
>>
If you pay attention, there's huge difference between manga and anime regarding costs. The former is much cheaper and easier to make than the latter, so there's much more room to make a longer and more complete story, also with less meddling. That basically means you'll have to cut and change things when adapting a manga into anime, which will piss people who read the original and will say "the original was better".

Disregard that, it seemed to me that Overlord anime was better than the manga, although both had a LN as it's original source (which is better than the manga and the anime, btw), does that count?
>>
Kaiji and most moe/SoL shows provided the director is competent. It really depends on the content of the manga, certain things work better as manga while others as anime.
There are also many anime that do some things better than the manga (usually dramas, because the addition of voice work and music goes a long way) but they have other issues that set it back as well. A recent example is Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, which cut a ton of manga content but still had some really stellar episodes and direction. It's hard to recommend that one over the manga, but I also have a hard time considering the anime a complete failure except for the last two episodes.
>>
>>140518981
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>140519612
>yuritrash prequel is superior to the manga that it shares nothing in common with
Shit opinion aside, it doesn't really apply to OP's question.
>>
>>140520798
im getting madoka aguri when i image search.
>>
Goldenboy anime > manga
>>
>>140518981
I vaguely remember there were these noisy faggots telling me to read the manga of some series I had watched. I did. There were some differences, but nothing major, and I felt I could've spent the time a lot better. Turns out the noisy faggots were also autists and probably underage.
>>
>>140518981
UsagI Drop
>>
Any anime where the manga is just a rushed teaser. There, now you can go find something else to do.
>>
HxH?

>>140520983
This
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.