[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinion on this anime? I just got done watching it and would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
Opinion on this anime? I just got done watching it and would rate it 8/10. I dont give it a 10 because i guessed who the murderer was by episode 5.
>>
>>140510831

I really liked it. Its a 9/10 for me. I feel its the sort of show that /a/ either hates or loves.
>>
I liked it, but I prefer the manga. The anime sadly skipped over the murderers complete backstory. I'm not really satisfied with either version of the ending, but it's fine. Getting a satisfying ending to any media is pretty rare.
>>
ok so I dropped it early but basically the MC got cucked by a literal trap?
>>
N
>>
T
>>
R
>>
>>140510907
that did happen, but i liked Airi the most anyways.
>>
>>140510907
Are you just memeing or are you one of the few autists who actually gets butthurt over the NTR meme
>>
>>140511118
I dropped the show so I was curious
>>
>>140510907
it's true
>>
>>140510831
Everything after the coma is literal shit.
>>
episodes 1-4: 9/10

episodes 5-8: 6/10

episodes 9-12: 3/10

overall I'd probably give it a 5/10
>>
>>140510831
6/10.
The story had potential. Then A-1 stepped in and turned it into one of their usual bland borefests, with lackluster direction, bad pacing and ugly animation.
A good studio could have made it an 8/10.
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
A cuck where only I exist
2/10
>>
>>140510831
I wish they'd done more to obscure the mystery. I worked it out even earlier than you did, so I feel like I spent most of the show yelling at the screen for the MC to stop telling the teacher everything he was doing.
>>
>>140511417
Personally this didn't bother me, I enjoyed the character writing more than the mystery although I figured out the killer quickly. Watching each character grow as the story went on felt pretty good.
>>
They warned you.
>>
>>140510904
>The anime sadly skipped over the murderers complete backstory.
What chapters of the manga cover this?
>>
>>140511627
like 10 chapters before the end iirc, right after car murder

they also skipped a flashback where you see MC and the killer interacting when they were younger, but I don't know in which chapter that was. around the middle I think
>>
>>140511479
Yeah, I did enjoy the character development quite a bit. It was just so frustrating at times because the info which had been presented to the audience was just so one-sided to indicate the teacher. I know they mentioned other suspects and made out there was good reason for it, but we never quite saw those reasons in a solid enough manner for ourselves.
>>
>>140511874
The problem is simply the number of characters in the cast. The teacher is the only real suspect, and no other suspect character gets introduced. This is probably why people are so angry about the mystery aspect, the story never gave you alternatives.
>>
>>140510831
I like it and gave it 3/10 for overrated.
>>
>>140511874
What character development? Example please.
>>
>>140511947
the guy who played with in the park with the kids was a suspect, but not a nearly a good enough one to make me second guess.
>>
File: 744010530.jpg (35 KB, 353x220) Image search: [Google]
744010530.jpg
35 KB, 353x220
>>140512002
Really, anon? I'm not going to spoonfeed you just because you don't know what character development is.
>>
>>140512004
sure, but improbable because that twist wouldn't be satisfying, MC tried to get him off the hook, so in order to satisfy the audience, yuki needs to be innocent, otherwise it makes part of the story worthless.
>>140511988
MC was a aloof sarcastic bastard at the beginning, had to pretend to be sociable all his life, ends up more well-adjusted and has genuine realtionships with his friends

Kayo is completely isolated at the beginning, and also needs to pretend to keep going, but through the course of the story she opens up. the scene where she gets breakfast from MCs mother is seriously heart wrencing in my opinion, don't you think so?

The teacher also keeps pretending, but with more evil reasons due to his childhood with his brother. He devolves, if you want to call it that, from a calculating killer to an obsessed paranoid. All the while appearing charming on the outside.

The real interesting thing for me is that all 3 main characters share the same character trait / flaw, and seeing how each character develops through it.
>>
>>140512002
this guy.
>>
>>140512229
meant for
>>140512002
obviously, sorry.
>>
>>140512101
>>140512233
>implying there is meaningful character progression in a show full of time resets

kek
>>
>>140512442
>implying just because there is time resets in a manga/anime means there can be no meaningful character development

kek
>>
>>140511988
For what purpose?
>>
>>140512229
>MC was a aloof sarcastic bastard at the beginning, had to pretend to be sociable all his life, ends up more well-adjusted and has genuine realtionships with his friends

Yes his change is random bullshit. Because spending some time in middle school again makes you more socially adjusted and changes your outlook on life somehow.

>Kayo is completely isolated at the beginning, and also needs to pretend to keep going, but through the course of the story she opens up. the scene where she gets breakfast from MCs mother is seriously heart wrencing in my opinion, don't you think so?

A bland depressed character with no personality gets victimised by a one-dimensional adult and MC helps her regain hope. Weak writing and bottom tier development.

>The teacher also keeps pretending, but with more evil reasons due to his childhood with his brother. He devolves, if you want to call it that, from a calculating killer to an obsessed paranoid. All the while appearing charming on the outside.

Yes he is a horribly written character and nothing he does makes any sense. What's your point.

>The real interesting thing for me is that all 3 main characters share the same character trait / flaw, and seeing how each character develops through it.

So what. The theme of pretending is just superficially slapped on. It means nothing.
>>
>>140512539
Yes whatever development happens gets reset. Why is that hard to get.
>>
There is so much bad writing I can't understand why MAL still likes it.
>>
I felt like the "twist" at the end wasn't very satisfying. Spoiler alert: I was hoping that he would go back to his present timeline, or that somehow his power would be involved in stopping the murderer. But the way they ended it felt as though they threw out all of the wonderful setup that they had created and decided to try to be Death Note or something.
>>
>>140512957
congrats on triggering me. I know youre just trolling but im still triggered.
>>
>>140512229
You forgot blonde classmate went from observing in the background to being spurred to help and wanting to be the hero as well.
>>
>>140512442
Character development isn't necessarily about "progression".
>>
>>140510831
I watched it just a couple days ago and I would also give it about 8/10. I feel like the first few episodes were the strongest, when the sense of mystery was at its peak. The teacher seemed like a nice guy so it was fun to root for him being a good guy in spite of all the foreshadowing.

I would have absolutely hated the pseudo-NTR, except that it was obvious Katagiri would win from the first episode. I do kinda wish they showed Hinazuki interacting with the trap more than just playing cards a couple times, or else having her fall for Kenya instead. It kinda came out of nowhere.

I'm also a sucker for AKFG and so I feel like the OP selection was great.
>>
>>140513145
yeah, but his writing was kinda weird. too convenient, he's like a super genius. There are a couple of nice scenes, but he doesn't shine like other characters.
>>
>>140512919
>Because spending some time in middle school again makes you more socially adjusted and changes your outlook on life somehow.
Not him, and I'll give the rest of your points, but what the fuck are you even trying to say here? That he just a spent a completely normal few months in middle school and then "suddenly" his outlook on life completely shifted?
>>
>>140513227
Yeah but characters need to be shown changing. That anon makes a good point with the time resets. I think Steins;Gate does a good job with that as well. Sometimes, intentionally not developing characters by freezing them in time can make the viewer feel a certain way. That could be what they're doing here. Because the main character is certainly changing, and it makes it pretty disconcerting seeing everyone else staying the same. Maybe the writers wanted that.
>>
>>140513248
It's kind of strange she even ended up with someone from their group of friends because she was only with them for a short time before going to another town. Most people barely remember people they went to school with when they were 10, let alone stay in contact with them well into adulthood to the point they end up marrying one of them.
>>
When you finish it you're going to rate it 6/10. It just gets worse and worse as it goes along.
>>
File: 1461260115351.jpg (250 KB, 645x959) Image search: [Google]
1461260115351.jpg
250 KB, 645x959
>NTR
so when will this meme die?

the MC was never in love with Kayo and Airi was the obvious ship to begin with.

they did not skip her sub romance plot during the EP5-6 after all.
>>
>>140513537
I would have loved seeing him and Airi get together.
>>
>>140513476
I think her early life is more memorable to her because she was rescued by a couple of friends. Probably also the reason why she hooked up with the trap, after sato goes into the coma they probably met up to console each other. The trap was also in the rescue mission as well at a point, so she already has a strong attachment to him. After all it's these kids that saved her. I agree I would have preferred Kenya instead, because that would create an interesting conflict between Sato and Kenya. With the trap there really can't be that much tension because he becomes useless in the finale.
>>
Was the MC 29 after the 15 year coma as well?
>>
>>140513611
no, psychically he was a couple of years younger after the coma.
>>
>>140513637
in the end he is 26
>>
>>140513458
Stains gate negates all characters development except for MC's. And even his is not praise worthy.
>>
>>140513457
That going from a socially inept to a sociably guy that is doing something with his life by hanging out with middle school kids and doing some crime preventing bs is not good development.
>>
>>140513476
You're right about how that doesn't really happen much in life, but in a story like this I'm just as glad that she didn't marry some total stranger.
>>
>>140513537
It will never die because people will always be mad about it
>>
>>140513698
He is 32 in the epilogue though.
>>
>>140514024
You are right, but anon asked specifically for the coma.
>>
Silly plot, good characters, decent presentation.

Solid 6/10
>>
>>140513856
My take on it is that initially he's forcing himself to act the way he does (more outgoing and friendly) to try and save people. But by doing that, he starts to learn more about what it means to actually have close friendships and stuff. The friendships he re-forges during his stay in the past become much more true and sincere. His character does in fact change considerably for all this. Consider: In the beginning during 2006, he's a loser with a minimum-wage pizza job and hardly anyone gives a shit. Post-coma, he's surrounded by friends and understands what it means to write his manga from The Heart.
>>
Someone needs to post the cuck without meme
>>
>>140513856
I dunno. Plenty of people have done 180s with less.
>>
>>140514007
But the MC didn't get cucked.
He was just happy about it and Airi was the one who he really wanted to go to.

If you are mad about it, only you got cucked your waifu kayo-chan by that ladyboy.
>>
>>140513458
S;G does good with characterisation but holy crap was it absurdly episodic. Each character's motivations are revealed in sequence and all of them came from the same frigging building.

WW3 was cheapened out on with no all out time war/paradoxes. S;G needs more worldbuilding rather than nothing existing outside the lab, SERN were sheep which learned nothing between timeskips and didn't even feature apart from the landlord, the time leap device was conveniently always there. There was no sign of any creative paradoxing in both series but S;G basically promises it and never delivers and with Bokumachi it was never promised.

BokuMachi cheaps out on not explaining it, S;G fucks up by promising a proper scifi and time travel mechanics and hilariously ends up with only 3 timelines because the author's creativity goes into the characterisation and plot not the time travel so the scifi ends up in the shitter. Plus S;G was too long - loaded with meme shit and random ass detours.

BokuMachi was condensed and more fluid between each episode and didn't waste time. If S;G was about 6 episodes shorter and stopped with the 'now I must undo the dmails and each one will perfectly fit per episode' it would be better. The tension could also be tightened by cutting out the leap from at least one sequence of events.

BokuMachi's weakness is mainly Kenya and trap who are background characters. Kenya should have been an antagonist time traveller playing Yashiro like a puppet rather than a smart child who goes nowhere. Airi would have been better of just being Kayo.

Both good animes but BokuMachi wins for its pacing, animation, soundtrack and better storytelling per episode.
>>
File: mal.png (10 KB, 1047x174) Image search: [Google]
mal.png
10 KB, 1047x174
>>140514445
Yeah she didn't cuck him and it would be retarded if she waited 15 years for him to maybe wake up, but a lot of people (MAL in particular) were shipping them and went on damage control.
>>
>>140514143
I'm not denying he doesn't develop I'm just saying his development is nothing to praise.
A loser with no friends -> time travel -> Oh, so this is how it feel to have friends -> I better interact with people more and try harder with my dreams.
This is not impressive character development. At least not the way the series executed it.
>>
>>140514840
I would call this subjective, if you enjoy the character writing, what's the harm? Sure you can find a lot of flaws in the story and the way it is told, but it is interesting enough to keep you going.
>>
>>140514908
There's no sense of a real struggle on the part of the protagonist. He kinda just breezes through every problem and there's really no clear turning point in the story at which things start going right. He's more or less always on the right path.
>>
>>140515063
Is he? There was always the threat that he keeps screwing up and repeating the same time loop for god knows how long. He failed in his attempts as well, and you can see him dipping into darkness as well when he considers killing the mother for a quick fix.

All I'm trying to say is that the story has a couple of points that people can latch on to, but if those points are not to your liking it's totally understandable. It's not like anybody in this thread called the story perfect, people just praised the points they really enjoyed.
>>
>>140510831
>guessed murderer as soon as he appeared
>think to myself: "it cant be him"
>it was him
0/10
>>
Absolute trash.

Kayo is a whore.
>>
>>140515245
>repeating the same time loop for god knows how long
Not him, but it's hard to take the time travel as a serious conflict when Satoru somehow knows that it is his last time being able to use the power by screaming
>GO BAAAAAACK
>>
>>140515562
I didn't get that out of this line at all, he was trying to will the time jump before as well. He can't control it, so he tries to force it. If he had failed again, he probably would have tried again or we would have a bad end with a depressed sato, no friends, dead mom and killer being on the loose.
>>
>>140514908
No you can objectively say his character development is not worth praising. He is a simple character with a simple mental problem that gets resolved in a simple way. And this is me ignoring that he is stuck in a horribly written series.
>>
>>140515245
He gets the right idea immediately, he just doesn't go far enough on the first loop because he doesn't know how bad the situation is. There's never a point where he's actively fucking up, even his thought to murder the mother isn't really that bad IMO considering what a shitbag she is. He even gets stopped ultimately.
>>
>>140513537
>a 17 years old dating with a nerdy guy in his late 20s (nearly 30, actually)
>>
>>140515655
>out of this
Sorry, I just quoted that line because of how corny it was. IIRC, right before that line, he said "This is my last revival."

>>140515666
>horribly written series
All discussion should be secondary to how the plot is closer to a series of disjointed events than a story.
>>
>>140516401
>"This is my last revival."
That seems more like he's assuming a worst-case-scenario than literally knowing that. Melodramatic, perhaps, but that line in particular didn't feel more out of place than anything else. And given the circumstances, he can't really rely on getting even more chances to go back without being completely retarded.
>>
I'm just mad that MC didn't get with Kayo. This series would have been perfect if MC got with the loli Kayo when he was 32 and bred his own sex slaves with her trading up every ten years and then time traveling to middle school to do it all over again when he gets too old. Then we could have had great character development, more lolis, the only NTR is good NTR, and my writing of the plot is """objectively""" (what does that mean again?) better than the original series.
>>
>>140510831
>Would rate it 8/10
>I guessed who the murderer was by episode 5
This has to be bait.
>>
>>140510831
2/10 wouldn't watch again
>>
>the mad Kayo fags in this thread

Top KEK
>>
>>140517647
I'm not mad. It's just that Kayo not being the OTP of the MC is bad writing.
>>
File: SU_face.jpg (5 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
SU_face.jpg
5 KB, 250x224
>>140510831

>Opinion on this anime?

Story push this ridiculous statement that "he´s a 28-years-old loser Neet because he lost her school girlfriend", How can be when are totally unrelated?

He get magical powers because no reason

Story force "Teacher is the killer" since minute one.

Kayo never has character development outside of Generic Princess that need a hero, she´s a sock pupper for the writing team
>>
>>140510831

I liked the mange best for the first half, but the anime does a way better job post coma. Kayo scene was way less painful than in the manga and the original ending fit the story much better.
>>
>>140518433

>NEET
>He works as a pizza delivery guy.
>>
I don't even get why people think this is NTR, or why they thought MC was destined to be with kayo.
I can not understand your madness.
It was clear to me the whole time that MC would end up with Airi.
Kayo was never a contender in my mind.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.