[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you prefer the original or Brotherhood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: thumbsup.jpg (26 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
26 KB, 400x300
Do you prefer the original or Brotherhood?
>>
original until they introduce greed then brotherhood
there's no definitve version tho
>>
I enjoyed 2003. I thought the movie was fun. I didn't like Brotherhood's atmosphere all the time. FMA as a whole was okay.
>>
I fucking dare you to say that Brotherhood has the better OP/EDs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK5PFvxuQXo
>>
Yeah screw all the brotherhood dickridders brotherhood might be better overall but to say the first series is shit is for 12 year old anime weeboos
>>
>>140445639
Brotherhood OP1, OP2, OP4 >>> any FMA 03 OP

There.
>>
Brotherhood
>>
>>140445639
hell yea my man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWU9bh8Lq7A
>>
just post the world map so we can shit on it
>>
>>140445388
Honestly I've only ever read the manga and watched the original, is brotherhood worth the watch?
>>
>>140445388
2013 made me think that FMA was an overrated franchise but Brotherhood changed my mind. The manga is better than both though.
>>
>>140445727
FMAB OP 1 is probably objectively better but fuck dudes, this opening has such a special place in my heart, it's probably my all time favorite.
>>
>>140445388
I actually just watched brotherhood all the way through for the first time about a week ago. I had an absolute blast, I wish it did some things better but now that I've seen it I cant go back to the original. I'd say the original was a more grounded and overall more COMPLETE story but brotherhood just has so many more awesome characters and events. They're both great though.
>>
>>140445388
I liked 2003. My favorite part was the city underneath central. Was really cool and I remembered it for many years before watching it online for the first time since seeing it on TV.
>>
>>140445639
Brotherhood has better Openings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr1s1VQKSzo
>>
>>140445865
Yea watch it when you want to watch it. There's some changes, such as Sins being different, and overall it's enough of a change to warrant at least one view.

>>140445934
OP 1 is still my favorite but OP 4 has all the feeling of the last episodes wrapped in music perfectly. A mad rush to the finish.

Sorry for the shit quality video, it was first result.

Side note, did anyone else notice the OUATITW reference in the third OP?
>>
>>140445703
>>140445639
Also that Envy Revealed theme on brotherhood

https://youtube.com/watch?v=R7ezKLiN7jw
>>
Enjoyed '03, couldnt get past the 7th episode of Brotherhood. Rushed initial characterization really put a bad taste in my mouth. Really bad writing in the first episodes of Brotherhood too. I might go back and jump into it where it diverges from Brotherhood but if not I'll just pick up the original series on Bluray and call it a day
>>
>>140446405
You should either watch it all or read the manga from the start.
>>
>>140445388

I think I enjoy 2003 better for the tragic atmosphere and the soundtrack. I'm not sure if this is right but I vaguely remember it being more character driven in comparison to world building.
>>
>>140446594
God the beginning episodes of Brotherhood are so fucking bad though
>>
>>140445388
I liked the original, mostly I liked that the nation of Amestris felt more "real" with the whole coup angle being handled better.

My biggest nitpick is the whole coup d'etat if you've got, 30's era military tech there's no reason not to shell Bradley's palace with artillery while he's taking a shit or whatever.
>>
Manga.
>>
>>140447615
Who reads
>>
>>140447720
Me.
>>
>>140447615
So Brotherhood?
>>
>>140447615
that means Brotherhood, you faggot
>>
>>140447792
>>140447799
Yes and no. The beginning of the Manga is better because it isn't as rushed as Brotherhood had to be. The rest is a toss up. Sometimes I liked how the Manga handled some things and I liked the Anime more in some parts.
>>
File: fug.jpg (69 KB, 564x556) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
69 KB, 564x556
OP's picture is ruined for me forever.
>>
>>140447874
but it's true
>>
>>140447874
Where's incest?
>>
'03 is better in terms of story and characters.
BH is better in terms of animation, mostly just the fight scenes. Story was great, but as as good as 03.

Love them both still, and always thought that BH was better until I rewatched them both recently.
>>
>>140445388
>03 - delicious brown pussy
>Brotherhood - worst girl

Take your pick
>>
>>140445703
This 100%. OP 5 is still great. Only OP 3 is garbage in Brotherhood.
>>
>>140448055
Winry is great you pleb. Though I do like 03 Rose.
>>
>>140447866
This "the beginning of Brotherhood is rushed" meme needs to fucking end. I've watched and read everything FMA, and the beginning of Brotherhood only cuts two completely trivial shonen adventures before the manga grew into a serious epic. And Yoki's story is summed up in 10 seconds (all it deserved).

The pacing of 03 in the beginning is not "not-rushed." It's painfully fucking slow. You can't tell me all that awful filler translates as to good pacing to you.
>>
>>140448401
He ended up with an even more superior Noah instead of Rose tho
>>
>>140445388
>The Original

So the Manga then? Hell yeah. But if you're talking about that shitty 2003 tv series, then fuck no. ewww
>>
>>140445703
Brotherhood has nothing that compares to Undo or Rewrite
>>
>>140448764
You get it
>>
I myself remembered watching brotherhood thinking: "this is just faster paced with worse atmosphere".

Until the episode where Ed says to Al's body that he'll get him back. Then the catch up episode with hohenheim made me start liking brotherhood more.

Basically, the original anime I believe was much better at first. It was the better adaption. But it wasn't the better story.
>>
>>140445388

I like the soundtrack, the first half and the LN adaptions of the 2003 one, but I prefer Brotherhood overall.
>>
one of the two feels more complete in terms of the the whole alchemy thing, the schemes of the Homunculi, while the other feels more focused on the story as a whole
>>
I didn't like Brotherhood for this one reason.
It didn't have this song in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0
Just because of that music I'll take 2003 over Brotherhood.
>>
Al ended up being /a/ in the end. Falling in love with a asian little girl.
>>
File: 64656154564.png (194 KB, 470x352) Image search: [Google]
64656154564.png
194 KB, 470x352
Maes was better in the original. Prove me wrong.

Sheska was better too
>>
>>140445388
Original has better early episodes, but I think that's because Brotherhood was trying to speed through them to get to content that hadn't already been done before.

I think I like Brotherhood better once it gets to fresh content and slows the pace down a bit, but I'm not sure anymore if I REALLY feel that way or just think I feel that way because everyone else says so. Haven't watched either show in so long I just don't know anymore

Either way, both shows are worth watching.
>>
Do you think Soul Eater could get a Brotherhood-style reboot sometime in the future?
>>
>>140450051
>Maes was better in the original.

Yeah, he got a lot more development in the original, and his death had a lot more impact because of it.

Friend of mine watched Brotherhood first, and he didn't get what the big deal was when Maes died.
>>
>>140450932
I loved Maes because he shoved himself in every scene he was in. He MADE himself important. Which made him memorable.
>>
File: 1452478047339.png (3 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452478047339.png
3 MB, 1800x1200
>>140446697
Like it's going to become better.
>No impact Hughes death
>Retarded "chinese" cast
>"Jokes"
>Homunculus are "sins" of black shit from a bottle
>Fighting a god\black shit
>Friendship wins
>Alchemy is bullshit - power of friendship returns Al's body with basically no repercussions
It's like a journey where nothing changes and nothing matters.
>>
i think the whole parallel worlds was an even bigger cop out that mystery black evil thing
>>
>>140445388
>The original
>liking fanfiction
No thanks. I prefer Brotherhood.
>>
i liked brotherhood more
>>
>>140445388
Brotherhood tbqh. Original wasn't bad, I just prefered the ending and the other characters. The Greed/Ling interactions were pretty good, Armstrong's sister was cool, and I liked that raidboss feel Father had at the end.
>>
>>140445388
Brotherhood. The original had a different appeal and vibe that I didn't care as much for outside of wrath and envy
>>
>>140445388
Brotherhood is superior.
>>
>>140445388
'03 until it became anime original. Brotherhood after the beginning since it rushed past the initial characterization/building
>>
>>140448055
>Rose

Wasn't it cool how in 03 version she got gang raped because it was EDGY?

Then became the figure head of a Scar Led resistance because lol she got raped and can't into talking any more?

Remember how Lust recited some shitty emo poem after stabbing a guy?

Remember when they had a kid calling himself "Wrath" who's only claim to fame was throwing hissy fits and crying like a bitch? Because what's more "Wrath" than that right guys?

Ohh Ohh remember when Furor fucking Brandly dies because of a fucking mcguffin. He leaves his one weakness in an easily accessible place where his fucking kid brings it into the room randomly during the final battle?

Remember when they took everything to Germany? Because Amestris military being a Nazi allegory was waaay to subtle for them oh know for no reason they are in fucking Germany now.

With Meas fucking Hues being a jackass who treats his waifu like shit while complaining about the fucking Jews.

Mother fucking Van Fucking Hoenheim has the lamest fucking death and Envy turns into a dragon because Reasons.

Yup. So much better than Brotherhood, amirite , guys?
>>
>>140445388
Brotherhood's story IS the original.
>>
I liked them equally. I just hate the chibishit and out of place comedy in Brotherhood. The story is already lighthearted and fun enough without those obnoxious shits.
>>
I watched the first show when I was in middle school and Brotherhood when preparing for college. So while Brotherhood might be the better show, the 03 series has a bigger impact on me because you don't forget about that anime you watched when you felt like shit at the age of 13. No matter how shit it could be, that show kept me going every week just to find out what happened next.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.