[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the Buu arc really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: tumblr_o5p358lXRc1tjn5uuo3_1280.jpg (816 KB, 846x1163) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5p358lXRc1tjn5uuo3_1280.jpg
816 KB, 846x1163
Was the Buu arc really that bad?
>>
>>140412231
it's my favorite dbz arc.
>>
>>140412231
Why does SS3 give Goku a nigger brow?
>>
>>140412564
Aryans are niggers.
>>
File: 1444199415657.png (814 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444199415657.png
814 KB, 1280x720
>>140412706
I wonder who could hide behind this post...
>>
>>140412564
That is what brows look like without hair senpai
>>
>>140412231
Nah. It was all of dbz.
>>
>>140412564
neanderthalensis
>>
Buu arc was more DBS than DBZ. Frieza and Android arcs had some dark themes going on and then...gohans highschools life and joke bubble gum villain.
>>
Nothing that has Hercule is really that bad.
>>
>>140412231
It was better than the Android Arc.
>>
>>140413896
>It was better than the Android Arc.
The fuck?
>>
ss3 is fucking useless thats why
>>
>>140412231
Not specifically.
It was bad well before that. Right after frieza died z went to shit. frieza's death felt conclusive to the whole saiyan legend and goku's identity. We had a villain that could blow up planets with a flick of his finger and we immediately dropped down to fighting edgy teenagers and living gum.
One could argue the series as a whole dipped in quality after piccolo died and the goofy adventure became just another shonen power trip in the same city/wasteland/vague purple dullscape ad nausium.
It's clear even toryama lost interest long ago when he kept trying to finally kill off goku.
>>
>>140414435
You're retarded cell saga best arc after that the gohan high school filler arc ruined everything
>>
>>140412231
Yes. It was terrible.
>>
>>140414502
>he didn't watch/read dragonball first.
The only good thing about that was toryama finally doing what he wanted and passing the torch to gohan.not really
>>
>>140413896
Kill yourself that was literally the best part of DBZ
>>
>>140413257
sure but then super buu goes and kills 99% of humanity in one attack
>>
>>140414227
>>140414609
Take your shit taste elsewhere, please.
>>
The series started to just jump the shark there.

>Fusion, SS3 shoehorn, kooky crazy DB style gotenks, silly fat buu, Veggie rebelling but-not-really-because-he-was-mind-controlled

Buu saga should have Vegeta going rogue, killing his faggot son, his irrelevant wife, Goku's family and the rest of the cast, most of humanity, and then fighting to the death with Goku in SS2. There. Then DBZ is over. No GT. No super cyan.
>>
>>140414435
>Right after frieza died z went to shit. frieza's death felt conclusive to the whole saiyan legend and goku's identity. We had a villain that could blow up planets with a flick of his finger and we immediately dropped down to fighting edgy teenagers and living gum.

Yep.
>>
>>140414676
That would be terrible. You're an even worse writer than Toriyama.
>>
File: KFlAOmE.jpg (24 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
KFlAOmE.jpg
24 KB, 333x333
>>140413896
>>
Favorite Dragon Ball story arc?

http://strawpoll.me/7424152
>>
>>140412231
No bad just the worst. The arc had not cool training shit, just a boring fusion dance and gohan sitting around. There was nothing for the minor characters to do unlike Friezes and Cell.( I'm talking about Friezes minors, and the androids)

The Buu sage was more fucked up as almost everyone died on earth which was interesting. Fusions would have been more fun to play around with, but only Trunks and Goten got to fuses for any significant. While Goku and Vegeta barley got to use with their fusion which was disappointing.

Akria set up the whole next generation to save the day thing with Gohan and Gotenks. Only to be brutally side lined by Goku saves the day again Genki Dama shit.
I like Buu as a villain and I enjoyed the return to humor stuff. Overall Buu Saga was ok even enjoyable, but overall you could tell Akria just wanted to end the series and didn't care as much anymore.
>>
>>140414825
King Piccolo is probably my favorite, it's still my favorite villain actually.
>>
Yes.

Still better than Super by miles away though.
>>
The baby arc was the best arc
>best villain
>most exploration
>coolest fights/transformations
>good pacing
>it revisited old lore with the tail and the tuffles
>>
Buu was fine. Dragonball is one of the few long runners where I liked every arc.
>>
Android saga actually put me off from DBZ for a while on my first time watching through, cause I found it to be boring and underwhelming after Frieza.
>Oh, Frieza was supposed to be the strongest being in the universe, but here some old guy in a cave built arrogant teenage robots that dwarfed his power? Yea fuck that.

Cell was ok, but it was a bit boring as well when you compare it to all the Dragon Ball hunting and cat and mouse stuff that went on on Namek.

I actually liked the highschool and Saiyaman shit, brought a bit of lighthearted comic flavor back which it had sorely missed for a long fucking time.

Buu saga I don't think much about.

In my opinion Dragon Ball Z holds no water at all to the original Dragon Ball. The Dragon Ball universe is clearly best when it's lighthearted, comical action like it was from the start.
>>
File: 3453454535.jpg (24 KB, 247x300) Image search: [Google]
3453454535.jpg
24 KB, 247x300
>>140415196
>Oh, Frieza was supposed to be the strongest being in the universe, but here some old guy in a cave built arrogant teenage robots that dwarfed his power? Yea fuck that.

I'm surprised more people weren't turned off by this. I was a dumbo fanboy kid back then, and even I noticed the backtracking that was inherent in that development of the plot.

>Each of the Andriods, at any given second, should be easily able to destroy the entire planet
>>
>>140415196
>The Dragon Ball universe is clearly best when it's lighthearted, comical action like it was from the start.

Get real though. 90% of people got into it because of shounen powerbeams and super buff dudes with radical hair karate fighting and flying and blowing stuff up.
>>
>>140412231
It's objectively the best arc.

>>140413257
Kill yourself. Both of those were fucking entertaining.
>>
Revival of “F” arc
0 votes (0%)
God of Destruction Champa arc
0 votes (0%)
>>
>>140414862
>Only to be brutally side lined
Nothing was sidelined or set up. Goku saving the day was a major theme of the entire Buu saga. It was hinted at since the beginning of the saga too.
>>
It was better than the.... Garlic Jr arc?
>>
Buu > Frieza > Cell > Saiyan > shit > Garlic Jr
>>
>>140415293
Best form =/= most popular
>>
Is this shit even still canon?
>>
>>140415694
Dragon Ball doesn't have a defined canon
>>
>>140412564
It gave him a Neanderthal brow, and it's you cancerskins who have retarded Neanderthal DNA.
>>
>>140412231
It was intentionally bad.Toriyama stopped trying because he wanted to end the series,but the fans and his editors didn't let him.
>>
>>140415791
Then why restart it?
>>
>>140415948
>write something for 8 years and want a break
>come back to it after 20 years and want to continue
>mutually exclusive things
>>
>>140415948
Evolution
>>
Are any of the movies actually worth watching? Is GT worth it? I've only read the manga and watched Super.
>>
>>140412231
The problem was the main hero for majority of the arc was Gotenks who is a shitty Cocky ass brat (for no reason mind you, he has a 0-2 record by the time the arc ends and is directly responsible for his mothers being killed) and Goku AGAIN despite the entire point of Cell being he passes the torch.
Not to mention the middle of the arc is just NOTHING. After the Goku/Fat Buu fight it's mostly just training, Buu rampaging and Fat Buu becoming Super Buu. Sure the Satan/Buu stuff is nice and all, but at the end of the day there's a good 2 months where nobody fights really.
Then we finally get the long ass bout with Super Buu and it's Gotenks being a cocky show off idiot grandstanding to the point even Vegeta would get pissed, Gohan coming in and jobbing and thus the largest power creep in the shortest time frame of the series happens from Super Buu to Gohan, to Gotenks Buu, to Gohan Buu to Super Vegito which was jobbing followed by jobbing followed by EVEN MORE JOBBING.
It was such a mess. I still enjoy it, but is it flaw probably more than the Android saga, AKA Frodo the Saga
>>
>>140416124
Don't even bother with GT, it's a mess.
Watch The Path to Power, Yo Son Goku Returns, Battle of Gods, Resurrection of F (it's shit but some people liked it) and the History of Trunks
I can't remember if any of the other movies are any good, but those ones are "canon" iirc
>>
Yes, it's awful. The only good scene was when Goku made a punching bag out of Buu. The only arc I liked from DBZ was Android/Cell.
>>
File: snapshot20150907001700.jpg (50 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20150907001700.jpg
50 KB, 720x540
>>140412564
it's a primal reversion
>>
>>140416124
Wrath of the Dragon (After Buu but before Super)

Goku and friends are tricked into using the Dragon Balls to release Tapion, who contains the demon Hildegarn within himself. Hildegarn eventually escapes and begins to destroy everything around him. Tapion tries to harness the demon, but it’s of no use. Can anyone but Goku defeat the demon and restore peace?

https://youtu.be/5SV7ok8m_eA

After that, look around here and see which piques your interest
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/movie/
>>
>>140412231
It's okay but it drags like crazy around the end.
>>
Vegeta + Kakarotto = Vegetto
Vegeta + Kakarot = Vegito ...what?
>>
>>140416124
This.
>>140416603

Also, History of Trunks is nice.
I'd recommend the first Broly movie too but only because I like Broly as a character but it's not like it's an actually good movie.
>>
>>140416202
Not gonna lie, I didnt really dig the buu arc until it was kid buu vs goku with all that vegeta character development and buu vs buu stalling game. Plus it was really nice to see all the old villains rooting against goku and all of the minor dragon ball characters contributing to the genki dama
>>
so, new confirmed most powerful being possible in dbz universe is ssjgssj vegito kaioken x10 (or higher)?
>>
>>140416202
Vegito didn't job, he had a plan which later turns out was completely pointless.
>don't kill buu to rescue Picollo, Gohan, Goten, Trunks
>rescue them and escape Buu
>Buu blows up the earth
>take Mr Satan, Buu and Dende
>people just rescued died anyways.
Still mad
>>
>>140416124
GT: Not worth it. Only the last chapter, when it aired at least; they had the last 5 minutes with Goku saying goodbye, basically, and flashbacks since the very beginning of Dragon Ball. Since at that time it was the goodbye it was a very emotional chapter, but now that we have DB again it doesn't have the same meaning. If you feel like, read in Wikipedia what's going on and watch the last chapters (57 to 64), it gets good on chapter 60 (if you intend to watch this, watch the Fusion Reborn movie and the GT TV special, A Hero's Legacy, BEFORE watching GT's last chapters).
>>
>>140416124
(cont.)
Movies: None is worth it. I mean actually, REALLY worth it. That's the sad truth. There are some that are fun to watch, and a few that aren't bad, but they pale in comparison to the manga. I didn't watch the Dragon Ball era (pre-saiyans) movies, but from the Z ones I can say that:
1) The Tree of Might: quite boring, uninteresting enemy.
2) Lord Slug: the same; it's funny, because they called the movie something like "Super Saiyan Son Goku", but since he still didn't perform the transformation in the tv series they couldn't use it in the movie, so they came up with some kind of fake SSJ form: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/ultradragonball/images/7/74/False_Ss.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110503205531
3, 4) Cooler's Revenge and the Return of Cooler: those are the only two from the Z movies that I didn't watch. They made up Cooler for this movies as Freezer's brother. A frequent trend of this movies is that the enemies resemble the actual enemies from the (at the time) current enemy in the series.
5) Super Android 13: as the title implies, androids. But shitty movie as well.
6) Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan: as someone said before, shitty movie which only saving grace is Broly. Broly is actually quite an awesome, sadistic enemy. And his power is maximum. Watch it if you are in the mood of those stories where the bad guy is so bad you actually root for him.
7) Bojack Unbound: another weak movie, I think it was good when Gohan lost his temper, but only for a few minutes (it often is the case with the movies).
8, 9) Broly - Second Coming and Bio-Broly: AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE. Specially if you actually liked Broly.
10) Fusion Reborn: IMO the best one, or at least the funnier one. It's silly, full of jokes, hell breaks lose (literally), epic, you see many old enemies and a great ending.
11) Wrath of the Dragon: If not for the one before, this one would be the one I'd suggest. It's a nice movie, maybe the only one with some real dramatic stakes.
>>
>>140412564
>>>/pol/ you racist mongoloid.
>>
>>140416124
(cont.; last post)
But, as I said, even the good movies are nothing compared to original DB. At least not those ones. Then you have the TV specials. From the Z era, Bardock's one is Goku's father story as a Saiyan soldier until the destruction of his planet; I found it a little bit boring, dunno. Then there's the Trunks TV special, with the backstory of future Trunks, that one is quite good, definitively something you might like to watch. The last one is GT era. In GT one of the main characters is Pan, Gohan and Videl's daughter. This GT special takes place a 100 years in the future, when everyone except Pan died already, and the main character is her grandson, named Goku Jr. I liked it, to be honest, it's a warm little story about a boy gaining his courage. As I said, if you plan to watch GT's last chapters watch this before.
There are two "festival shorts", one is avoidable (Yo! Goku and His Friends Return!!, basically about a non-threatening enemy interrupting a picnic and getting his ass handed), the other one is quite watchable: Episode of Bardock. It's NOT the same as the TV special mentioned before, but a spinoff of it. And a quite better one at that. It's only 20 minutes, you won't regret it.
There is a "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans", released as a strategy guide for some videogames, that was adapted into OVAs and released twice; I didn't even bother to watch it, to be honest.

Finally, there is "Saikyō e no Michi" (The Path to Power), which is a retelling of the very beginning of Dragon Ball done after the end of GT in the form of a movie. Of course, it has alterations and it's not nearly as good as the original story, but it's a nice movie nevertheless and it has GT visuals with better animation than the series, so the movie looks quite good.

tl;dr a few of them are nice, some are fun and some are watchable, most are crap; but none of them is manga-tier, if you expect that then don't even bother.
>>
File: 1456317281822.jpg (114 KB, 557x305) Image search: [Google]
1456317281822.jpg
114 KB, 557x305
>>140418857
>>
>>140418857
Fuck off, nigger.
>>
File: PiccoloVSMutenRoshi.png (340 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
PiccoloVSMutenRoshi.png
340 KB, 720x540
>>140414825
Anything other than Piccolo arc is wrong. It was fucking GOAT.
>>
>>140416756
>Vegito

To this day, I'm still salty that manga translation here called him Veget, which made even less sense
>>
>android arc

The only good things about that garbage were future Trunks and mr. Satan

>inb4 you forgot the PERFECT character XD

Shitty villain
>>
>>140418857
>being a nigger sympathiser
>2011+5
>>
>>140412231
No but it wasn't great either. Can't do worse than Cell Game anyway.
>>
>>140419820
Piccolo was where the power level wankery started.

> "Tien, you are closest to Goku's level"
> Tien jobs to a monster Goku beats with one blow

Goku started outstripping everyone else by such an amount I barely take any of the conflicts in DBZ seriously.
>>
>>140422054
THANK YOU! Cell is fucking trash.
>>
>>140412231
Buu Saga really only had one gouging flaw that made it relatively tupid and bad. and that was introduction to just so many useless things that, if left out, doesnt change the story.

SSJ3 was introduced as the biggest powerhouse form. It was used to fight fat Buu. Fight ends with no contest, and SSJ3 really just a tool to waste time.

Fusion was the big one. a big focus on goten and trunks learning to fuse. they even went back to SSJ3... But their fight with Super Buu ended in... time out and no contest.

We then go into Ultimate/Mystic Gohan who provided butt whooping for Super buu after Gotenks time out loss.... and the Buu gets stronger and Gohan doesnt really accomplish anything.

Then we get Vegito fusion who beats up powered up Super Buu.... to end with them just kinda throwing int the towel on purpose to save others.

and in the end the things that won the day was SSJ2 forms and A spirit Bomb. things developed and established from prior sagas.

all the new transformations and powers introduced were pointless.
>>
>>140412231
I thought Gotenks joke dragged on a lot.
>>
>>140413276
Bio-Broly was bad.
>>
Super is so horribly written. There's no way Toei are gonna be able to portray Beerus as still stronger than Goku without making it a giant asspull.
>>
>>140422993
>Super is horribly written
>muh powerlevels
>Super has already distanced itself from powerlevels
Maybe you're just looking at Super in the wrong way anon.
>>
>>140422993
not much ass pull when they just have him finally go full power.
>>
>>140417083
>I like Broly as a character

What character?
>>
>>140422993

how so?

beerus has not even shown his full strength yet and you they can make up all sorts of silly powers and nonsense for him to have because he is literally a god

the only thing which has slightly derailed such a scenario is beerus' reaction in the anime to goku's x10 wank because it suggested he was a little scared but that is just anime memecanon at this point
>>
File: ndragon_ball_z_v026-113.jpg (162 KB, 728x1182) Image search: [Google]
ndragon_ball_z_v026-113.jpg
162 KB, 728x1182
eh, it was the weakest arc but it still had that certain DB feeling that both GT and Super lacks.

Gohan jobbing, despite all the build up for him to be the hero was certainly shit, but then there's the scene where he finally stops being a n über prideful faggot and recognizes Goku as no. 1 and then I can'T really hate it.
>>
>>140412231
Not that bad, Vegetto was the better character, and i still miss him.
>>
>>140412231
people said it was bad? everyone i know loves it
>>
>>140422533
This is pretty true. Also Goku vs Piccolo Jr. was basically a DBZ fight at points.
>>
File: step into the gay tour.png (534 KB, 852x478) Image search: [Google]
step into the gay tour.png
534 KB, 852x478
>>140415019
here's your (you)
>>
>>140415694
Best Dragon Ball story IMO.

This new Dragon Ball God bullshit is mind numbing. Millennials ruin everything. Nothing beats SSJ4
>>
>>140422993
God ki was established as being way superior to regular ki way ahead of time. They don't need to pull anything.
>>
>>140413257
>implying gohan going to high school wasnt the greatest arc in all of dbz
>>
how come they never used the dragon balls between the namek and android arcs to ensure the earth doesn't get blown up?
>>
>>140431316
What?
>>
>>140431394
why didn't they use a wish during those years where nothing happened to make sure the earth couldn't get blown up.
>>
I wish SSJ God gets an oozaru form
>>
>>140431436
What?
>>
>>140431692
power levels are bullshit
>>
Dragon Ball is currently the laughing stock of the anime industry.
>>
>>140431436
It's beyond dragon's strength. He can't fortify planet's anti-ki-blast density, since if you can emit such beam you are already miles above Shenron. And his planet protection would be overpowered anyway even if they wish for it. So it's either enemy being too weak to blow Earth up, or too strong for wish to really be effective.
>>
>>140414825
>http://strawpoll.me/7424152
You should have separated Artificial Human arc and Cell arc.
>>
>>140415694
>No SSG or SSB in GT despite taking place "after" Super
>Kaioshin and Kibito are still fused despite taking place "after" Super where they defuse
>Gohan still Mystic despite taking place "after" Super where he loses that power

You tell me
>>
>>140431879
Even if somehow that wish worked, you could just kill everyone on the planet like Super Buu or throw multiple blast that leave the earth barren but doesn't destroy it.
>>
>>140416124
Just watch Gogeta vs Omega Shenron and you'll have watched the only thing worth watching in GT. Even then it's a rehash of Vegito vs Buu.
>>
>>140431990

Yup. So true. GT was so agonizing. GT fans are not Dragon Ball fans. They're, at best, DBZ movie fans, or Broly fans, but by no means DB fans.
>>
>>140414676
Dragon Ball was made for kids not 2edgy4u tenagers
>>
>>140419820
It was really the first time in the series that the 'Big Bad' actually felt like a threat. Pilaf and Red Ribbon were a joke, and Tenshinhan was cool but clearly not a world ending threat. Piccolo didn't fuck about and wanted to rule the world, he even fucking killed Shenlong, definitely one of the highest points of the series.
>>
>>140415258
>>140415196
I'm not defending the Dr. Gero idea, but at least they imply that the Androids are nuclear. That's why they don't have power levels.

Frieza and co. use ki blasts.

Also, Trunks says that the Androids in his time were never near as powerful as the ones that the normal universe 7 fights. They were only marginally stronger than he was. That explains why he lets Vegeta fight solo with Android 18 until he begins to run out of stamina. He thought Vegeta could win. I think the logic is the same thing.

It's not that the Androids had the ability to blow the entire earth up like Goku and Cell during the tourney, but that they never lost stamina. They were perpetual energy machines.

This is somewhat subverted by the fact that Frieza tries to blow the entire earth up and Trunks stops him with one hand, but Trunks kills him seconds later, so we never see how worn out he was from doing that. I assume Trunks was able to do that because he trained with Gohan who was just as strong as Frieza.
>>
>>140415258
Goku should have lost his Super Saiyan powers after Namek, nobody else should have gone Super Saiyan, and the Androids should have only been between Frieza's third form and 50% of his final form.
>>
File: black infant sees chicken.png (231 KB, 304x366) Image search: [Google]
black infant sees chicken.png
231 KB, 304x366
>dbz kai supposedly makes everything buu related 100% better

>no batch torrent
>>
>>140433780
Kai for Buu is pretty trash, I'm excited for the dub though.
>>
>>140433834
Nothing you said made any sense just now.
>>
>>140433902
it can't be worse than the original
>>
>>140433934
The remastering process they did looked pretty awful (everything's green) and the music isn't that great barring a few pieces (Vegeta's sacrifice).

The pacing is better than Z but it still has chunks of filler which is a shame.
>>
File: rage2.png (367 KB, 644x636) Image search: [Google]
rage2.png
367 KB, 644x636
>>140434014
>faulconerfag
>>
>>140434368
I'm not a fan of faulconer, the Boo arc has some of the best pieces in the Kikuchi score.
>>
>>140434368
bruce >> that faggy jap shit that was made by plagiarists
>>
>>140434416
>that faggy jap shit that was made by plagiarists
After that incident, they changed to the original OST.
>>
>>140412231
saiyan 3, bibidi, dabura, fat buu, super buu, little buu, satan dog/dodging buu? i think you meant best arc
>>
>>140433520
The Androids aren't nuclear. 17 and 18 were totally organic (except their bombs, maybe).

Also, Freeza trying to blow up Earth is filler.
>>
Saiyan Saga was EASILY the best part of Z. The first time Raditz comes to earth and says he's Goku's brother, you know shit was about to go down.
>>
>>140414766
Why do so many people shit on DBZ and toriyama these days? Is it some kind of contrarian backlash?
>>
>>140412231
>bad guy made of bubble gum mixed with magic
Pure autism
All of dragonball is bad especially super.
>>
>>140416124
Find a different anime. This anime is a mess and very inconsistent.
>>
>>140412231
Beginning of Buu arc was great, rest was awful.

Toriyama himself agrees, he enjoyed more doing SoL stuff with comedy fights but was forced to write fights because editor san and the readers forced him.
>>
>>140415694
Surely canon in one of the alternated earths.
>>
>>140433780
Best way to rewatch Dragonball Z is really watching Kai, or Dragon Ball Z Agrinded.
>>
>>140414435
oh boy a "after frieza..." shitter. Dragon ball was supposed to end after gokus marriage.
>>
Holy shit, all these DBZ american dub only niggers ITT.

Buu saga was the best arc in all of DBZ because it was the only one with proper comic relief and a bit of imagination in it but I bet that's exactly the reason why you guys hate it and prefer GT to Super.
>>
>>140437773
I'd like to finish the series before 2027, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 225x225
>>140414676
>>
Have Vegeta not be the try-hard who never gets the job done for once. He's essentially a storytelling prop to pad time that isn't HURRY UP GOKU
>>
>>140412231
My favorite actually
>>
>>140431896
Why?
>>
File: 001.jpg (944 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
944 KB, 1024x1536
>>140438139
>>140433780
The manga is better than the anime

https://bakabt.me/details.php?id=181035&page=0
>>
I think it's the best arc. It really encapsulates everything Toriyama had experimented with throughout the entire series.
>>
>>140412564
Well they are technically monkeys.
>>
>>140412564
What does that even mean
>>
The Freezer saga is the best since it has the final boss stablished from the start instead of being a convoluted mess like the Android and Buu sagas
>>
>>140431953
when does gohan lose mystic
>>
I mean it's the best arc in the non-Kai version because it has the least amount of extraneous filler
>>
>>140430830
>tfw when no great saiyaman spinoff series
>>
>>140438080
My point remains, z's been bad for a while.
>>
>>140412231
Yes, but it really wasn't any worse than the two arcs that preceded it. I like that it tried to go back to the old form of the original Dragon Ball and be light-hearted and silly, instead of taking itself as seriously as cancer while having a plot that revolves around big burly half-naked men grunting and screaming as they throw energy balls at each other. The fusions were a neat idea and the SoL parts were a nice break from the fighting, but the writing is still as half-assed as ever (how are we supposed to believe that Goten and Trunks can pull the Super Saiyan transformation out of their asses like that, when Goku, Vegeta and even Gohan had to work their asses off for it?) and Majin Buu was funny at first but got kind of annoying later.
>>
>>140444451
I never get how gohan gets to lose mystic, it's supposed to be a base thing.
Roshi never trains and still has his power pretty fucking high
>>
>>140445234
Trunks train under high gravity and his father beats him up regularly. Goku trains gohan in the time chamber in a really similar way so he gets to saiyan up.

It's the gotens transformation thats bullshit
>>
>>140434463
>original OST
>original original soundtrack
>>
>>140445506
Apparently he had been training with his mom.
>>
>>140412231
it was poorly concieved
>>
>>140445789
So just like the rest of the series?
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with the Buu arc.
>>
>>140445182
Z was always shit, only Toonami nostalgiatards think otherwise. The Freeza saga is hands down the most overrated part of the entire franchise.
>>
1.It was too long, specially in the original anime which made it tedious to watch.
2.Literally the same enemy in many forms that would never die and that fought many warriors in just a couple of HOURS(and you thought 5 minutes in Freeza's time was bad right?).
3. The many changes of a supposed ending or things that would happen(like Majin Piccolo instead of Majin Vegeta, Gohan killing Super Buu, to Goku doing the job)
4. Inconsistent powerlevels or weird shit happening. Like SSJ3 Goku defeating Fat Buu(or at least trying, but no "let the 8yo kids do the job"). 2 Kids doing fusion, becoming stronger than most characters, going from SSJ to 3, learning SSJ3 just by looking Goku screaming. The way Gotenks was absorbed by Buu, the way Gohan "oops, I missed the ring!!!" and then absorbed too. The part where Goku said "no, now let us leave Gohan out when he could kill Kid Buu in less time than I need to get a fullpower SSJ3 which I will fail at"
5. Piccolo being scared of Supreme Kai(that was a pussy few chapters/episodes later) and being a babysitter

Conclusion, it was a mess. It needed to be rewrited and fix some shit. Humor is there with The Great Saiyaman(and the anime added good fillers), the Fat Buu/Mr.Satan adventures, Gotenks, the old Kai dude, Vegetto candy and some fillers when Roshi and the others were trying to get the dragon balls. The fusions were alright, Gotenks had different attacks and Vegetto/gito was cool.
>>140445506
>be a SSJ by getting mad
>Chichi kicks Goten
>Goten gets mad
Actually it makes sense. But it is bullshit how 2 kids get to be a super saiyan that easily. Worse thing is that they are always goofing around, even in the Buu Saga when Buu kills their family they never took things seriously. And they never seem to train, just friendly fights between them
>>
>>140447619
>(like Majin Piccolo instead of Majin Vegeta

That's both a myth and completely contrary to piccolo's character
>>
>>140447619
>Worse thing is that they are always goofing around, even in the Buu Saga when Buu kills their family they never took things seriously.

That pissed me off so much. Especially when Gohan was more than strong enough to destroy Super Buu he instead clowned about and let him become stronger. At least Vegetto had a valid excuse.
>>
>>140447891
It could make sense, because demons theme. Dabura was there, Piccolo was a demon before becoming a namek, another fight against Goku or Gohan could have been a good thing.

But whatever, with Toriyama things are always changing. In the Buu Saga it was said that Bibidi was supposed to be the one who created Buu, but after all these years it wasn't Bibidi who created Buu, Buu was already a thing, whatever he is, if that ever gets explained in Super.
>>
The art was shoddy but other than that it was just as good as the rest of Dragon Ball.
>>
>>140445311
I think it's that his body is too weak due to not training and can't handle what would normally be his full power anymore. They talk about that a little during the RoF arc.

It would be like if Goku did kaioken x100. He could theoretically try it, but it would be really hard on the body and would probably just kill him.
>>
>>140412231
I can't think in any moment in DB that was bad, except for Resurrection of Freezer and Garlic.Jr Saga.
>>
I really like the Buu arc because it had that fun feeling reminiscent of the early days of DB.
Also, even though I don't have anything to back it up, I feel like the major plot points were largely written as self-parody, with all the ridiculous power-ups and transformations. The self-awareness that was lacking in the previous arcs, finally returned.
I enjoy it a lot more than the two previous arcs in the manga.
>>
File: zaazaa.jpg (143 KB, 543x522) Image search: [Google]
zaazaa.jpg
143 KB, 543x522
>>140434463
>>140434463

WAIT

Is this true?

My biggest problem with Kai was the new songs weren't as good as the original ones
>>
>>140448664
The art was good as the rest of Dragon Ball too.
>>
File: Z Buu Saga (169).png (370 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Z Buu Saga (169).png
370 KB, 1024x1536
>>140449302
It had a lot of good art, but unlike the rest of the series it had a lot of half assed art too.
>>
>>140449184
Yes...? That is why Budokai HD collection had a different soundtrack with the best songs out.
But the plagiarism was a stupid asian thing. That shit happens everywhere in many medias, with similar things all around.
>>
>>140449899
So just like everything from the Saiyan arc onwards?
>>
>>140412231
Buu > Frieza > Cell

Buu arc at least knew not to take itself so seriously, and was a refreshing break from the super grimdark edginess of the Frieza and (especially) Cell arcs. Say what you will about Super's laughably awful animation but Toriyama made the right choice by bringing back the goofy and campy feel of the series.
>>
Even though it was filler I really hope they keep the Otherworld Tournament for Kai Buu arc. I loved that shit.
>>
File: Z Buu Saga (149).png (372 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
Z Buu Saga (149).png
372 KB, 1024x1536
>>140451976
Find a picture from the Saiyan or Namek Saga that isn't beautiful, I dare you.
>>
File: TurlesScouter.png (955 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
TurlesScouter.png
955 KB, 900x506
Had Dragon Ball Z ended at the Frieza Saga, it would have been the perfect ending to the story. Goku not only becomes a living legend, but he also executes justice for his entire race and father.
>>
>>140452586
Cell saga was a better ending, especially with Gohan's potential being fully realized and being passed the torch by his father.
>>
>>140452586
Why don't you care about Kami's character arc anon?
>>
File: BardockFatherOfGokuNVk1.png (544 KB, 425x677) Image search: [Google]
BardockFatherOfGokuNVk1.png
544 KB, 425x677
>>140452679
Dragon Ball Z went full retarded once they started implementing levels to Super Saiyan, and using time travel to move the plot forward. Gohan no matter how much he trained can never be as strong as Goku.
>>
>>140452794
If you want to get technical about it the story went off the rails as soon as they introduced the concept of powerlevels in the first place.
>>
File: 1441846175023.jpg (125 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1441846175023.jpg
125 KB, 1920x1080
>>140452830
Kaio-ken was a well known technique created by King Kai, while the Super Saiyan form was mythical within the universe. Once they started adding levels to the Super Saiyan, then it ruined the mystique behind it.
>>
>>140452943
When they revealed Goku as being an alien it ruined the mystique behind it.
>>
File: 1306001940097.jpg (37 KB, 480x342) Image search: [Google]
1306001940097.jpg
37 KB, 480x342
>>140453017
Piccolo was revealed to be an alien before Goku ever was.
>>
>>140415734
nice meme
>>
>>140452794
But Gohan was stronger than Goku at the end of the Cell and Buu Sagas.
>>
>>140413257
Plenty of moments like the part with the two humans using Buu's massacres to kill people were dark as fuck.
>>
>>140453217
*demon
>>
>>140453324
The only time Gohan was stronger than his father is in an alternate timeline, and that's only because Goku was already dead from heart cancer.
>>
File: 125.jpg (350 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
125.jpg
350 KB, 1024x1536
>>140453460
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
File: 191.jpg (293 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
191.jpg
293 KB, 1024x1536
>>140453718
>>
File: 035.jpg (372 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
035.jpg
372 KB, 1024x1536
>>140453786
>>
File: 132.jpg (308 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
132.jpg
308 KB, 1024x1536
>>140453811
>>
>>140453811
Too bad he's a jobber now
>>
>>140424596
Too bad that development got thrown out the window in Super
>>
>>140414676
So this is what DBZ would've been like if those faggy Vegeta kids got to decide what happened in it.
>>
>>140447619
>5. Piccolo being scared of Supreme Kai(that was a pussy few chapters/episodes later) and being a babysitter
I don't think that was a power level thing. He was merely intimidated by Supreme Kai's authority as being the highest of the kais. That's why he didn't fight.
>>
>>140412231
No we got buu at it.
>>
>>140423394
goku was even with beerus when he fought at 70%
so lets say his power level at that 70% is 70, beerus can go up to 100 but goku can do a 10x kaio-ken and end up at 700, whats beerus gonna do?
>>
>>140414435
>another shonen power trip
It was the most iconic. Saying Dragon Ball was a shallow power trip is like saying Seinfeld was an ordinary sitcom.

>>140438080
Source me then nigger. Everyone tries to say this but they never have any proof.
>>
>>140433905
In the manga, this is actually explained in a brief chapter touching upon Future trunks' past. In the future, the Androids were shown to play with their opponents. Nobody could really challenge them so they HAD to toy with their opponents to get any real entertainment. Then Future Gohan became an annoyance. Future Android 17 then says that in their last battle, he hadn't even used half of his maximum power. Cut to Gohan nearly crapping his pants in fear, as a Super Saiyan no less, and then cut to Trunks discovering Gohan's corpse. Years later, Trunks claims he is now on par with Gohan. Cut to Trunks waking up in a hospital bed, beaten to HFIL. He then agrees with his mother that Time Travel is the best option. Thus, we can assume that the Androids were not weaker but were just holding back to enjoy playing around with their vastly weaker opponents. Trunks' statement of the Future Androids being weaker is him simply taking after his father. Trunks was arrogant, cocky and vastly underestimated his opponents. He does that a lot, actually. He claims nobody could survive his ki attack that blew up Gero's lab, he assumes the Androids are stronger instead of accepting his weakness, he assumes he can match Cell and he assumes he has surpassed Vegeta with the Ultra Super Saiyan form. Trunks is pretty much just like his father except he isn't a royal pain in the ass.
>>
>>140445234
Goten and Trunks were conceived by their parents after they had unlocked Super Saiyan.
>>
>>140415694
It was never canon
>>
File: whiteboard1061.png (8 KB, 205x52) Image search: [Google]
whiteboard1061.png
8 KB, 205x52
>>140456997
well it is canon. these events happened at universe 4. while the dragon ball super events are in universe 7
>>
File: image.gif (594 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
594 KB, 200x200
>>140414676
Edgy>>140414676
>>
>>140414435
true that
>>
>>140415196
Thats retarded. He only ever gave himself that title because he was arrogant as fuck and we already know there are many other beings more powerful than him.

And whats so implausible about the androids being stronger? They're not subjected to the limitations of an organic and natural body. They can be modified at any second with power sources that are unusable by many other beings. Shit just study ki or some other insane form of power, use god tier materials and apply it to an artificial body. Boom, you have bonafide frieza killers.
>>
how to fix buu arc

1. no goten
2. keep goku dead
3. Majin Vegeta stays a bad guy and is later absorbed by fat buu to make adult buu
4. keep gohan in highschool
5. no super saiyin 3
>>
>>140414676
wew lad
>>
>>140418874
>Thought the bardock movie was boring
>Prefers episode of bardock

Shit taste
>>
>>140431953
Gohan wasn't mystic in GT, though, right? He went super saiyan all the time.
>>
>piccolo will never travel to hell and merge with king piccolo to get another power boost
>>
>>140412231
Who even says it's bad? Android and Cell saga officially the worst.
>>
File: Bambi&Pan2.png (373 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Bambi&Pan2.png
373 KB, 640x480
Why was pan so cute?
>>
>>140462271
yeah I'm pretty sure I remember him going super saiyan during the super 17 saga to fight rilldo
>>
>>140415694
I didn't realise how cringy the supper Furryan 4 was until I learned about furries.
>>
>>140466335
What do they have to do with furries?
>>
>>140467633
Their trasformation is a human looking gorrila.
>>
>Frieza and all of hell watch Goku kill Buu in DBZ
>doesnt know about it when hes revived in DBS

why is this?
>>
>>140468115
What do you think?
>>
>>140468115
the anime isnt canon
>>
>>140468115
because filler
>>
>>140444422
>frieza
>established from the start

That's just how it panned out. Goku was originally supposed to kill vegeta, but he got so popular toriyama kept him around and created frieza instead
>>
File: kramershocked.gif (604 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
kramershocked.gif
604 KB, 200x189
>>140419820
>he blew up Shenron
>>
After watching the latest episode of DBS I can't believe it's finally canon. Kaioken + Super Saiyan can be a thing and they did it with SSGSS mode. I love how Goku even explains how he's able to use it too.
>>
>>140470997
>anime
>canon
>>
>>140470997
Didn't he use super kaioken in the afterlife tournament?
>>
>>140471421
That was all filler.
>>
>>140444422
>establishing final boss at start
You're a boring one.
>>
>>140472073
>implying the conclusion wasn't that much sweeter because you saw him slap everyone, including Goku, around like they were nothing
And it's not like they have to always do one or the other.
>>
Episode that Cell is first shown ---> Episode that Cell announces Cell Games is objectively the best part of Dragon Ball
Final time that Piccolo was useful, great tension with Saiyans missing for half the time, as well as great fights all throughout. Last time I marathoned DB I wanted to rewatch this rather than the Cell games.
>>
People who group Artificial Human saga and Cell saga together need to kill themselves. The Artificial Human saga was shit whereas Cell saga was GOAT
>>
>>140472966
>People who group Artificial Human saga and Cell saga together need to kill themselves.
They do it because they happened right next to each other with no time skip in between unlike every other saga. You could even say they overlap.
>>
>>140467765
News Flash, humans are apes you nigger.
>>
>>140473754
Yeah, but Cell is not an "artificial human" so it really doesn't make sense. Plus the huge change in quality is more jarring than any time skip
>>
File: received_496436100545770.jpg (29 KB, 335x525) Image search: [Google]
received_496436100545770.jpg
29 KB, 335x525
>>140413896
Are you fucking autistic??
>>
File: 1427582549146.jpg (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1427582549146.jpg
75 KB, 640x480
>>140412231
Seeing as how Goku vs Vegeta was the best part of the entire series, I'd say no.
>>
>>140412564
So that its main audience can relate
>>
>>140474476
>Cell is not an "artificial human"
technically he is
>>
>>140413896
You mean the Cell Saga?
>>
>>140477450
Well can he even be considered human? Since he was made out of saiyan, namekian and Freeza's genetic material, afterall.
>>
>>140477784
they call android 19 and 16 artificial humans but I'm pretty sure they're completely robotic so
>>
>>140477784
It's not directly stated that he has any human DNA. Only the Funimation dub (not canon) says he has Krillin DNA.
>>
>>140422054
I used to fap to 18. She was the only reason I watched it when it aired.
>>
>>140414825
21st T Budokai
Goku vs Jackie Chun was the best fight.
>>
>>140478107
He uses Krillin's kienza so yes, he has human DNA.
>>
>>140414825
I wonder why they never trained any other version higher than ss2 of being super saiyan at all times.

Also the gohan right before the cell saga was definitely best gohan.
>>
It was way too slow and went on too long - especially during Kid Buu.

Tournament arc was decent though.
>>
>>140480350
he copied that from Frieza though
>>
>>140480616
Read the manga, Kid Buu's part was incredibly short. Goku vs Kid Buu is literally 10 pages.
>>
>>140412231

Its fine.
>>
>>140412231

Out of curiosity, did you /a/nons and /a/utist like the English dub or the original Japanese dub more? Lastly, did you like the Original soundtrack or the updated Funimation.
>>
>>140483986
fuck off with your shitpost. stop trying to cause a shitpost war. I hope you get banned for this.
>>
>>140483986
Its impossible to take jap Goku's voice seriously.
>>
>>140469966
I doubt that's true
>>
>>140471738
Which means nothing.
This whole "only manga is canon" thing needs to stop.

Like Krillin throwing the rock at Super Saiyan Goku. It can be "filler" all it wants it obviously still fits in Toriyama's ideal little universe since he brought the matter up again against Golden Frieza
>>
>>140483986
English, but that might be nostalgia playing. I liked Bruce's soundtrack the best, I get why people dislike it, but it's a unique sounding soundtrack and I like how they place music in places where the original was silent, adds to the atmosphere - tournament saga is a good case of this.
>>
File: 1460916501294.jpg (763 KB, 1304x1814) Image search: [Google]
1460916501294.jpg
763 KB, 1304x1814
>>140484620
>>
>>140484288

Reported, and confirmed autistic anon. "Keep your flaming on another board."
>>
can Goku beat Superman now with this blue kaioken
>>
>>140484335
this
I hate how they give shonen protagonists female/little kid voices
>>
>>140453844
he was turned into a jobber so he can make a valiant return to glory duh.
>>
>>140485081
Announcing reports is against the rules
>>
>>140414825
>Android arc winning

Somehow I'm not surprised this board is overrun by toonami nostalgiababies.
>>
>>140484964
this is pretty good
>>
>>140487869
No. Superman at his absolute strongest is so stupidly broken it's stupid. Comparing the Superman that most people are familiar with to Superman at his absolute pinnacle in canon is really like comparing Goku in Dragonball to Goku now.
>>
File: bakuon rin essay loli.jpg (679 KB, 1280x1407) Image search: [Google]
bakuon rin essay loli.jpg
679 KB, 1280x1407
>>140414676
>>
>>140487999
It had multiple heroes being useful, multiple enemies at once, and this sense of mystery about it. It wasn't just "Goku and maybe 1 or 2 others are useful vs the 1 big bad guy" like so many other arcs. It had 6 villains in a pretty short timeframe - with up to 4 being active at once - and nearly all the Z-Fighters had their moments.
>>
File: 1122338-843457_29653798_super.jpg (140 KB, 506x800) Image search: [Google]
1122338-843457_29653798_super.jpg
140 KB, 506x800
>>140488119
Nothing in Dragon Ball can compare to this.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.