[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boukoku no Akito OVA 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: H40kXdP.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
H40kXdP.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
Alright /a/, i just finished all the OVA and at first i was expecting some story about Britania VS Euros war and Lelouch's part in all of it.
And what the fuck is this?
>Useless side characters with the sole purpose of filling action roles
>Gypsies subplot on episode 2 to fill le funny moments in the series
>Leila is given power over European Union
>gets Overthrown by General Silas while hiding in her family castle, still not giving a shit he has taken control of her homeland
>Akito surviving a geass command to kill himself was never explained
>Akito's family story was never explained except in a few flashbacks in the final episode
>After Shin kill his daddy he is rewarded a Geass superior/equal to Lelouch by a random demon skull because "supreme edgelord that will destroy humanity"
>Has geass of mind control
>spends most of the time swordfighting in his autism-horse mecha
>Lelouch goes to Europe with the purpose of conquering territory
>gets debunked,thrown in jail and ended up not doing shit in the end
>unexplained need for water
>Rolo with shit VA tells him to go back to Britannia because fuck you
>Leila apparently has a Geass that not only activates out of fucking nowhere but it can also go back in time and makes Shin sees Ghost of people still alive
>Leila get lectured about geass by literally-fucking-who on final episode
>Brain connections between Akito and his squad always conveniently happening but never explained how or why because fuck you
>the castle's command tower get slaughtered but Leila's Geass make her go back in time to surrender
>EverythingwillbeDaijobu.jpg
>happy ending with the gypsies from ep2
>JUST

tl;dr that was shit. all of it.
I know there weren't great expectations for this OVA but What the fuck were they thinking on the making of this? Why add characters from the main series if they won't have any part in the plot? i cant even.
what's /a/ opinion on this?
>>
shameless self-bump
>>
what the fuck was up with that skull
>>
>>140240887
would have made more sense if it was even V.V.
>>
Looks like Leila's bridge crew didn't join the gypsies. Good, it would've been a waste of their sci/eng talents.
>>
>>140240008
Pointless spinn-off ends being pointless? Color me surprised.
>>
>>140241309
Hey, Gundam has had good "pointless" spinoffs. (0080, 08th MS Team)
>>
>>140241309
it started off pretty decent desu. but it all went downhill from episode 3 onwards.
i guess the dvd sales made them not care about an ending anymore.
>>
>>140240008
It doesn't seem like you were paying much attention to the OVA, beyond your initial expectations.

Not to mention more than half of the things in your green text are either completely normal for anime, Code Geass in particular or mecha shows in general.

By definition, side characters are usually meant to be relatively useless and play minor roles.

Gypsies were kind of amusing. It was a change of pace from the tiresome school council antics in the main show.

I don't know what you were watching, but Leila was not given power over the European Union. She simply helped to calm down the angry crowds in the capital, exploiting her dead father's fame as a politician.

What the hell could Leila do about Smilas taking over? At least she was visibly shown to be sad about it.

Akito was too young to understand the concept of death. It was obvious.

Why are you even complaining Akito's family story was explained? Doesn't matter if it was at the start or end.

Shin's Geass is NOT equal or superior to Lelouch's, you fool. It's practically useless other than to kill people from your own family. It's not even mind control. Just causes suicide.

Nothing wrong with a horse mecha. Better than an orange or appeal one.

If they actually had Lelouch take over Europe, it would ruin continuity. The need for water is just there to portray him as unstable. Rolo taking him back to Britannia makes sense for R2 to happen.

Shin could already see ghosts. Leila's Geass didn't take her back in time, that was the new space time girl.

The brain connections have already been explained before. Not just in the main OVA but also in a picture drama.

It's fitting that they would go back to the gypsies if they didn't want to continue living in a world in conflict.

tl, dr your post was shit. all of it.

I know there are valid criticisms of the OVA, but what the fuck were you thinking while typing up this post (and seamlessly bumping it). Why are you so close-minded and dumb?
>>
>>140241433
This was good though. About 08th MS Team quality, except with more Newtype BS.
>>
>>140240887
>>140240947
It's just an artifact and/or entity that was activated after Shin killed his dad. Maybe it was present within that painting the whole time? Could be.

I agree that having V.V. be responsible would be easier to understand, but I'd say it's also more problematic after the fact.
>>
>>140241600
Episodes 3 and 4 were better than 5, so I can't quite agree.
>>
the brain tech was talked op
they were working on drones and shit,also that dude that was in the tubes
>>
>>140240008
>Why add characters from the main series if they won't have any part in the plot? i cant even.

What is a cameo appearance? Try looking that up.
>>
I think it's fair to dislike the supernatural stuff, if you're not the kind of person who is fine with mysteries, time manipulation and various unknown mystical elements. They don't annoy me in the least, but I get that you need to have a particular mindset for it.

However, I wasn't all that bothered by what happened in this Akito OVA. The original series had already done even crazier things with its Geass powers and the Ragnarok Connection, so this new metaphysical felt different yet somehow familiar.

Which is why nothing surprised me and why I can only laugh when there are some people who claim the Geass TV series was more "realistic" in comparison.

For that matter, I tend to like the introduction of the new "C.C.-like" girl because it provides a sense of purpose to the collective consciousness. Based on the TV series alone, it seemed kind of anti-climatic that such a powerful entity would just quietly let itself be destroyed by Charles. With this, you can explain that maybe this entity manipulated events to let Lelouch stop Charles and responded to his request to get rid of him.
>>
File: Code Geass - Good Translator.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Code Geass - Good Translator.png
1 MB, 1440x900
>>140242308

I can't quite remember everything, since it's taken so long for it to finish, but that's basically my opinion as well.

The first two episodes were pretty rough, then the third was decent. But then the fourth made us believe the main cast was all dead and just switched over to Lelouch having fun along with other characters actually doing important things and it was actually pretty enjoyable during that brief respite.

Also, I thought the Gypsies were from the third episode though? Which would make sense on why I liked episode three more than the first two. That whole part was stupid, but fun.

That final episode though. What an absolute mess.
>>
>>140241200
The Britannian knights aren't part of them either. They're wearing civilian outfits, not gypsy costumes.
>>
>>140242730
I agree that the final episode was messy. That said, it's not impossible to understand and several things had been foreshadowed at least slightly in previous episodes. I'd still rate the whole OVA higher than stuff like VVV or some such though. Just a normal spin-off with a disappointing ending (as opposed to R2 being rather crappy until the excellent conclusion).
>>
>>140242730
You're indeed mixing up episodes 4 and 3 a little. Lelouch was only important in half of the third one (and while I liked that part, I wasn't expecting to see anything else from him when that episode ended). Episode 4 did briefly pretend that the pilots could have died in the explosion of the airship, but anime has taught me that you always need to see the body first.

Can't say I share your views on the first two episodes either. I thought they were fine, aside from the slow pace.
>>
really didn't feel the ost
and cg had a kicking one,damn shame
>>
Just a generic side project. Not a trainwreck, not a masterpiece. About 6-7 out of 10.
>>
>>140243192

Funny enough, the thing I liked most about the final episode was a bunch of the piano themes that played during the second half or so. They were quite soothing.
>>
>>140243192
It had the same composer as RahXephon, which also had a weird soundtrack.
>>
>>140240008
At least it will be true unlike Lelouch of the Rebellion.
>>
>>140244461
>True
People have never said the truth about any of these things, so no such luck.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.