[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the person who created Gate hate America?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
Does the person who created Gate hate America?
>>
Everyone hates america. Including most americans.
>>
>>140239340
I don't hate America but I do hate the evil politicians that are currently running the country.
>>
>>140239387
> the country

the world
>>
File: Internet-Hacker.png (221 KB, 772x726) Image search: [Google]
Internet-Hacker.png
221 KB, 772x726
>>140239622
>>
>>140239213
No, but he should.
>>
>>140239213
He is a right wing jut, so it's not that he hates America, but he hates the fact that the Japanese left hides behind the American blanket of security to neuter any the JSDFs and keep Japan as a second rate military incapable of defending itself without American assistance from their ever increasingly more hostile neighborhood.

There is also the point that is doesn't matter how friendly America is right now to Japan, politics and circumstances can change, and Japan should be able to have a military capable of defending itself and projecting power abroad.
>>
GATE dub when
>>
>>140242279
Just before the live action adaptation
JSDF changed to US Army Directed by Michael Bay
>>
>>140243084
I'd watch it!
>>
>>140241385
>projecting power abroad
lel
>>
>>140239340
>Including most americans.
No, we dont. Only the liberal faggots.
>>
>>140239213

They tried to make the SDF look like some badass fighting force instead of being a group that just assists during and after natural disasters. They thought the best way to do this was have them endlessly gun down a bunch of people with swords and spears.
>>
>>140239213
Two nukes weren't enough.
>>
>>140243545
But then there wouldn't be anime.
>>
>>140243751
Yeah. Then this shithole wouldn't exist; our easy escapism wouldn't exist; and maybe, just maybe some of us would've had a chance at life.

Fucking Japan ruined everything.
>>
>>140243955
Anime made my life slightly better.
>>
>>140243955
My life is fine anon, stop projecting.
>>
>>140243955
No you would just pour yourself into another form of escapism like /v/, /co/ or /tg/.
>>
>>140243955
Low integrative complexity detected, with a tip of denial.
>>
>>140239340
Kill yourself you commie faggot
>>
>>140239213
the part at the hot springs where the US SF "couldn't keep up" was huge NIPPON_STRONK bullshit
>>
>>140239213
They hate us cause they ain't us.

And we rule the world....
>>
>>140243084
Maybe they'll actually get shit done
>>
>>140239213
All of Japan hates America.
>>
>>140239340
American here.

Pretty much.
>>
>>140245981
you don't count as an american mohammed.
>>
I'm not American and i do like America. I think its neat.
>>
File: hurr.jpg (102 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
hurr.jpg
102 KB, 375x500
>>140239340
>My opinion is subjectively right
>>
>>140243246
If you don't vote for Trump which is looking likely you are confirmed for a nation of mostly self hating cucks.
>>
>>140248084
Jokes aside, the fact that trump is being considered proves that other countries have all the reason in the world to be wary and hateful of the American populace.
>>
>>140248249
Fuck off.

He's better than Cruz, Sanders or that evil bitch.
>>
File: 1441854244133.jpg (27 KB, 680x522) Image search: [Google]
1441854244133.jpg
27 KB, 680x522
>>140239213
>>
>>140248249
Jokes aside, When Trump loses against a literal cuckquean or literal communist that will be the day America becomes the most self hating pathetic nation on earth.
>>
>>140248249
Mexico has a reason to hate/be wary of trump since he'll cost them a fuck ton of money, and possibly make the cartels more dangerous. Saudia Arabia has a reason to hate/be wary of trump since he'll charge them money, and interrupt their oil profits. China has a reason to hate/ be wary of trump since he'll affect their trade, and allow Japan and South Korea to have nukes. Japan has a reason to hate/be wary of trump since he'll charge them for defense.

No clue why the rest of the world would hate him though.
>>
>>140239387
I can't wait until Trump fixes this.
>>
>>140248605
muh current year
>>
>>140243084
Murica brings ''freedom'' and ''democracy'', I'd watch it too!
>>
File: get out.jpg (191 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
get out.jpg
191 KB, 499x374
>>140248847
In the already unlikely event of drumpf getting the nomination as most conservatives hate him, Hillary would destroy him in any debate
>>
>>140249636
>Drumpf
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>140249636
Who the fuck is Drumpf?
>>
>>140249923
Some pundit claimed that Trump's family name Drumpf when his grandfather immigrated to America.
>>
File: 1458165631084.jpg (52 KB, 517x524) Image search: [Google]
1458165631084.jpg
52 KB, 517x524
>>140248847
>He still believes that Trump ever had a chance
>>
>>140249923
It's the way Trump is spelt in German, which is where is family came from. People call him it because nazis are German.
>>
File: really.jpg (48 KB, 437x392) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
48 KB, 437x392
>>140250108
>Bernie loses to Hillary with card draws and coin flips
>Hillary has Superdelegates bolstering her
>Trump wins a state but Cruz gets the most delegates from it
>Cruz wins delegates without voters
>Both parties representatives and delegates says the voters don't matter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJca_aDo_NM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Vv4kRTPLI
>He believes in American democracy
>He defends this for free
>>
>>140249923
Trump was mocking some dude for his family changing their last name to be Americanized however long ago and said they should use their real names so on and so forth.
Drumphf is Trump's actual family name so by his own logic and various statements he should go by the last name Drumpf from now on.
>>
>>140251001
But anon, this is just the primary election. Surely the general election must be fair and based solely on the number of voters, right?
>>
>>140248847
If I'm an American, I would support Bernie desu. Who does not want a higher minimum wage or free college education???
>>
>>140239213
>Military anime that doesn't portray america's POWER TO DELIVER FREEDOM
>means the author hates america
Damn OP replying to you because you really made me laugh
>>
>>140251237
Because that "free" college education must still be paid for by someone. I support the program but I can see why people would disagree with it.
Mod-sama where are you, delete this thread already.
>>
>>140251160
http://www.snopes.com/donald-drumpf/

That was his family name in the 16th century

let's take a look at official documents, shall we?
Turns out: you guessed it... it is also a lie. Frederick Trump is in every official document named Trump.
Here is an article in german ( http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article145558110/Donald-Trump-King-of-Kallstadt.html) which investigated the trumps for a movie in german that aired in 2014 (Kings of Kallstad... if anyone was wondering). The whole misunderstanding comes from the fact that after kallstadt was invaded by France, Prussia, Russia, Spain and Austria, a lot of names, including first names, had changed. In fact, that's exactly what stands in the goddamn book that john olliver mentioned, on page 26(https://books.google.de/books?id=PmrwtRTQ3fMC&pg=PA26#v=onepage&q&f=false). The first mentioning of the last name "Trump" however is Donalds great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather Hanns Trump who lived in 1608 (!) It is expected however that the name Trump derives from Drumpf... that's it.
So once again... A media puppet is either lying, intentionally leaving out crucial information of the actual goddamn book he is quoting live on air, or just brainlessly tells what he is told.
That alone says a lot to me. They can't come up with one single accusation that actually is true.
>>
>>140251160
By your logic Sanders should be Gutman
https://www.geni.com/people/Elias-Eli-Sanders/6000000027756093071
>>
>>140251506
I took a click at the snopes article.
So your big rebuttal to the statement that his family name is Drumpf is that his family name actually is Drumpf and Donal trump himself has noted that Drumpf Tower is not as catchy a name for Trump Tower?

>>140251712
By my logic? As far as I know Bernie Sanders doesn't mock people for their family having had a name change sometime in the past while declaring they should use their real name.
>>
>>140251832
At least read the tl;dr at the very top of the article.
>WHAT'S TRUE: The surname "Trump" originally was "Drumpf."
>WHAT'S FALSE: Donald Trump was once named "Donald Drumpf."
>WHAT'S Undetermined: When "Drumpf" became "Trump" chronologically.
At some point in his family tree, his ancestors had the name "Drumpf", but by the time Donald was born, he was born a Trump and not a Drumpf.
>>
>>140251956
And? Noone implied otherwise including the pundit you're apparently falsely claiming to have said so. Do you have almost no underlying idea of anything being talked about?
>>
>>140251832
Your question begging epithet isn't a argument.
It's clear you didn't bother to look at all the links becuse if you did you'd know his family name got changed in the 16th century in Germany long before there was even an America government

Which is your postion that his family Americanized thier name

Incorrect
>By my logic?
>As far as I know Bernie Sanders doesn't mock people for their family having had a name change sometime in the past while declaring they should use their real name.

You are question dodging you moving the goal post

Your original claim is that his family Americanized his name and should use the name "Drumpf". Wrong, meanwhile Bernie's father did in fact Americanized their name

You have no argument
>>
>>140252094
Oliver claimed that it was after his family immigrated here, but there's obviously no proof of that. Either way, he didn't change his last name, one of his ancestors did.
>>
>>140252094
>And?

You claimed his family Americanized their name
This is false as his family became Trump long before there was an American Government

>Do you have almost no underlying idea of anything being talked about?
Oh, the irony
>>
>>140248605
Europe hates Trump because he pointed out that places like Sweden, Germany, and Brussels are turning into shit for allowing Syrian refugees into their country without proper assimilation, then there's the fact that he wants to how NATO operates.
>>
>>140243246
Aren't they the mayority though?
>>
>>140252662
If it's a majority, it can't be by more than 5%.
Also, as much as each side claims the other hates America, both sides do like it, they just have different ideas of what it should be like. Only the hardliners on each side actually hate the country.
>>
>>140252662
No.
>>
>>140252728
The rule of thumb is
>45% Liberal
>45% Conservative
>10% Independent
And that's why the General is always about winning the independents. In actuality it's a lot more complex, and is heavily influenced by voter turnout in any given year. Other would say that racial and gender groups matter, but they really don't.
>>
File: 1314555.png (9 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
1314555.png
9 KB, 500x538
>Does the person who created Gate hate America?
No. He's not anti-America, he's PRO JAPAN, not the same thing at all. He's part of the more right wing movement that really wants modern Japan to go back to being a more normal modern country, including possessing its own decent military that it can use to defend its own interests.

And frankly that's not that unreasonable. Germany, Italy and so forth all have that. Japan is also a 1st World democracy of reasonable but not huge size in an area with a growing super power that is not at all a democracy and has plenty of hostility. America is a very strong ally of Japan, put a lot into it, and has an overall quite positive relationship, but no ally, no matter how close, ever has interests quite like one's own country does. And in democracies additionally leadership can change quite quickly and dramatically too. If Trump got elected and China promptly took the Senkakus for example, would America respond in any real way? Quite possibly not.

As a proud liberal American, I think Japan having a full army and even a few nukes would be good for the USA as well. I think we should sell them more advanced fighters and warships too. It might also make sense to buy the Senkakus and build a full scale military base there, that'd help both of us and give China real pause (not just over Japan but also Taiwan). Like most movements the Japan nationalists have a bunch of retarded wrong shit mixed in too, like denialism about Japan's WWII warcimes, and that should be stomped on hard, but that doesn't mean other stuff they're arguing for is wrong. Japan should be a strong ally, not a satellite.
>>
>>140247359
You likely haven't lived here then
>>
>>140251237
They only people concerned with minimum wage are youths and under achievers... i.e non- voters. Also its not free college, its free public college, private institutions are not covered because hes just an old man with a vendetta. Also it devalues college degrees, the people who actually try to accomplish something academically already recieve financial aid, even non citizens are covered under the dream act. Hes just pandering with complete disregard for the economic repercussions
>>
Mods need to kill this thread
>>
>>140252951

>Japan having a full army and even a few nukes
>and even a few nuke

Japan has such a huge anti-nuclear movement it would be basically impossible. Also more nukes wouldn't solve shit, as the only two nations that threaten Japan's security are North Korea and China. North Korea is so insane that nuclear weapons would not deter it from attacking (and any attack it does launch would be either an easily defeated conventional naval/amphibious force or a nuclear missile, neither of which requires a nuclear response to defeat). China would already never invade Japan-actual, adding nuclear weapons would only inflame tensions is a fairly stable situation.

>I think we should sell them more advanced fighters and warships too.

We're already doing this, or rather Japan is still developing new weapons. Their military isn't outdated, it's small and defense focused. And even given the constitutional restrictions, the JSDF is managing to stretch the meanings of some parts to allow them to operate more normally (they've managed to justify overseas deployments and managed to cuild carriers as "helicopter destroyers").

> It might also make sense to buy the Senkakus and build a full scale military base there, that'd help both of us and give China real pause

And this would be further escalation of the already tense situation. Right now the island disputes need a deescalation, not even more wood on the fire. We don't need an Asian powder-keg to mirror Europe of 1914: now with nukes edition.
>>
>>140252518
Forgot about those. And for saying there are areas that cops in england can't enter thanks to immigrants. Hell, they wanted to ban him from that.
>>
>>140253506
>Japan has such a huge anti-nuclear movement it would be basically impossible.
Politically I recognize this, but personally I think that's an excellent reason for Japan to have them: precisely that they very much don't want them. If any country on the planet can be trusted to never ever use nukes unless utterly forced it'd be Japan. Like the paradox of leadership: a lot of the best potential leaders are precisely those who end up forced into it by circumstances and rise to the role despite not wanting power and finding it a relief to get rid of it.

>China would already never invade Japan-actual, adding nuclear weapons would only inflame tensions is a fairly stable situation.
I disagree, I don't think China would be at all above using minimal land forces if it could get away with it (I'm thinking on a 50 year timeline here), anymore then Russia has been. Remember back in 94 when we took all nukes out of Ukraine on the promise that their territory would be defended? Times change. Think Russia would have acted the same way if Ukraine still had some ICBMs?

>We're already doing this, or rather Japan is still developing new weapons
There is stuff we've refused to export though (like we decided to not let anyone else use the F-22 for example, despite allies expressing interest). I think there are allies who are closer and more trustworthy then others whom we could offer more restricted tech.

>And this would be further escalation of the already tense situation.
It's only tense because China wants to grab as much as it can and create facts on the ground, and like Russia thinks (apparently correctly) that it won't face any real push back. The same logic applies the other way though: China isn't going to go to war with the US over them either, and if they're US territory that changes the force logic a lot. They also have bad blood with Japan that isn't the same as with the USA, we're it's not personal so much as hard real politik.
>>
>>140241385
>Japan should be able to have a military capable of defending itself and projecting power abroad.
And attack Pearl Harbor again, right?
>>
>>140248249
You liberal cucks only hate him because you fear him and know he could bring the greatest achievements to the US that you could never compare to. No need to hide it.
>>
>>140239340
I literally came just to say this, kudos.
>>
>>140254009

>If any country on the planet can be trusted to never ever use nukes unless utterly forced it'd be Japan.

It's an interesting theory, but I'm not sure creating additional nuclear states is a wise idea.

>Think Russia would have acted the same way if Ukraine still had some ICBMs?

Probably, given that Russia has never officially invaded the Ukraine. Everything from the Russian military in the Ukraine is (poorly disguised) deniable assets.

>There is stuff we've refused to export though [...]. I think there are allies who are closer and more trustworthy then others whom we could offer more restricted tech.

But just like you said earlier, times change. They might be long running allies, but the future is somewhat unpredictable, and those allies can become enemies. You always want to have a leg up over your allies, just in case. Plus anything that uses secret technology has higher chances of leaking to hostile states the more states use it.

>and if they're US territory that changes the force logic

Okay I misread your original intention, I didn't realize the US was going to claim the islands, which would be a very... improbable scenario. Buying islands claimed by 3 different parties from one party is already inflammatory, actually building a new US military base would be off-the-charts. Plus the "US territory" effect is already in place with bases in Okinawa. As long as the US has land bases nearby, the area will be treated similarly to US territory.

I agree that it's mostly China's fault for the escalating tensions (China didn't even claim the Senkaku islands until oil was discovered) but there's no need for this type of solution. The current solution of the entire rest of east Asia uniting against China is actually probably for the best, as it defeats Chinese interests (trying to get Asia under it's umbrella) without actually increasing the odds of open warfare.
>>
>>140252951
>If Trump got elected and China promptly took the Senkakus for example, would America respond in any real way? Quite possibly not.

Realistically speaking, nobody currently running would likely do anything except for Trump and Cruz. Hilary was Secretary of State as China was laying the groundwork for conquering the Spratlies in the South China Sea, and did nothing. Bernie would do even less.
>>
>>140254244
That's not saying much, when was the last decent president? Bill Clinton? What's he known for? Not fucking up too hard while getting a blowjob at the White House.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.