[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /a/ have any favorite color designers? My pick would be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
Does /a/ have any favorite color designers? My pick would be Tsujita Kunio who worked on:
>Casshern Sins
>Doremi
>Tatami Galaxy
>Marie & Gali
>Mawaru Penguindrum
>>
>>140222354
You posted it.
>>
>color designers
Jesus, that's pretty fucking specific.
>>
>>140222354
>Casshern Sins
Still mad about the ending
>>
File: 1460737967047.jpg (18 KB, 270x320) Image search: [Google]
1460737967047.jpg
18 KB, 270x320
>>140222354
>color designers
>>
>>140223190
Someone has to be in charge of the show's color palette as part of maintaining visual coherence.
>>
Emi Chiba
>>
>>140223249
What's the difference between Color Key, Color design and Color setting? ANN and MAL destinguishes between those.
>>
>>140223249
Wouldn't Art Director be a better term?
>>
File: Untitled.png (193 KB, 430x351) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
193 KB, 430x351
http://www.janscottfrazier.com/content/articles/jobs/index.htm

I feel as this is relevent.
>>
>>140224005
No because the art director is the person in charge of the background art.
>>
>>140224278
Wouldn't that just be the Background artist?
>>
Whoever chose Kiznaiver to have oversaturated colours.

I can feel my eyes burning for fuck's sake

Thankfully indoor scenes feel like a breath of fresh air. I can almost feel the same relief those characters do.

The oversaturated colours made me mad at first, but as of recently I found a new, positive way to look at them. I don't know whether that is done with this purpose in mind, but if it is, god damn this guy's a fucking genius.
>>
>>140225070
No, the background artists work under the art director.
>>
>>140225129
>Kiznaiver
Osamu Mikasa, the guy has worked on lots of Madhouse stuff like Hosoda movies or Metropolis,
>>
>>140225511
Holy shit I just looked up his resume, and he apparently worked on Andalusia?

This guy immediately gets some points in my book.
>>
File: color setting.png (547 KB, 753x538) Image search: [Google]
color setting.png
547 KB, 753x538
A "color designer" in anime just match character color on the model sheet to the background and write it down on the key animation drawings before passing them to the painter.

People who really "design" the colors of the shot are the director, episode director and the art director.
>>
>>140226501
Again, what's the difference between "color setting" and "color design" in this case?
>>
>>140226807
They're the same thing: 色彩設計.
>>
Would you call those colours good?
>>
>>140227262
But some anime have both on their staff.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.