[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wanted to get some manga, haven't read any in a long time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: manga.jpg (288 KB, 1160x794) Image search: [Google]
manga.jpg
288 KB, 1160x794
Wanted to get some manga, haven't read any in a long time

How are these?
>>
>buying
>>
>>140144648
I like reading/seeing art on real books
>>
Pluto is fucking great
>>
Is Message to Adolf just propoganda? The synopsis sounds like generic holocaust movie #1325.
>>
Get the pun pun omibus so you can show your non weeb friends how "hip" you are
>>
>>140144548
Just read the first chapters of them online and judge yourself. They are all readily available.
>>
>>140144548
Skip One Piece. Rest are good.
>>
>>140145744

I thought it was pretty fine, also historically interesting and I liked how both the boys stories intertwined a lot.

>>140144548

Black Jack is out of print so I probably wouldn't get that unless you want an unfinished collection or if you're fine with paying a lot for one or two volumes. Berserk has some volumes which are out of print too.

Ajin is a nice read, I recommend that. Nichijou just came out too and they released Planetes again in a nice omnibus edition.
>>
>>140144548
Is the Nausica one the same as the big hardcover set?
>>
>>140145763
Looks like trash

>>140145864
Y

>>140145882
This might be controversial but I don't actually like the Planetes/Vinland Saga artist
>>
>>140146513
Nope just the first paperback volume, don't wanna dish out that much on one series rn
>>
>>140144548
haruhi no yuutsu
>>
>>140146693
I got it for under £25 new a few months ago.
>>
>>140146639

To each their own I guess, Vinland Saga doesn't really interest me one bit but I bought Planetes for nostalgia reasons and because I wanted to read the original source.

I'm surprised at the amount of stuff getting localized lately, Franken Fran is pretty good, I recommend that.
>>
>>140146639
>Y
Not him, but casting aside wether the manga is good or not, wich in my opinion it is, it would cost A LOT to read one piece buying it.
>>
>>140145882
Dang just looked up some of the later Black Jack vols, guess I will just read what is in stock if I like it and call it a day
>>
>>140147035
Well, there's only 15 omnibuses out rn
>>
>>140144648
He's right though OP.
Read the first volume at least online to make sure you'll even like the damn thing.
>>
>>140146639
>Looks like trash
Are you seriously asking for suggestions then judging a book by its cover?
>>
>>140148314
WHY ARE YOU BUMPING ALMOST PRUNED THREADS WITH YOUR SHITTY POSTS?
>>
>>140148499
Because if you truly cared you would've hidden the thread long ago from your personalized catalog view.
>>
>>140148314
Actually I judged it by a google image search but w/e
>>
>>140149075
That's a metaphorical cover. Good job.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.