[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have the ability to make almost perfect human androids >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 17
File: ad2b.jpg (242 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
ad2b.jpg
242 KB, 640x960
>have the ability to make almost perfect human androids
>can't do something as simple as backing up or transferring files
this shit is so fucking stupid
>>
>>140049002
is this another "Angel beats" clone?
>>
>>140049002
Shit gets complicated and starts corrupting... Nah it's retarded
>>
>>140049187
They already have PLC controllers that can run for 50 years of continuous operation without breaking.
To think that a robot in the future would only last 9 is ridiculous.
The whole premise is loaded from the start.
>>
>>140049060
I wouldn't say its a clone.
Robots only live for a few years, protag-kun has to go around with little robot girl and disable the robots,

robot girl only has a month or 2 to live . aaand he falls for her.
I expected an asspull he saves the day, but all I got was tears
>>
>>140049002
Just pretend they're humans with terminal illness it makes the show seem less retarded.
>>
This show was a shit ton better than that fake drama show that aired around the same time. Your Cancer in April, or something.
>>
>>140049002
>>140049060
Cheap Chobits rip-off
>>
File: 1373226080681.jpg (827 KB, 1920x1213) Image search: [Google]
1373226080681.jpg
827 KB, 1920x1213
>>140050112
>Your Cancer in April
>>
>>140049002
This would've been a better show if they just focused on them being a couple the entire time
>>
>>140050388
It would've been better if they didn't try to shoehorn in a love triangle with tsundere bitch and left it platonic.
>>
>>140049002
Dropped after 1 ep. Dumb concept and dumb forced drama.
>>
File: 1455281819728.gif (152 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
1455281819728.gif
152 KB, 500x516
>>140051120
>forced drama
>>
>>140051254
Here's your reply.
>>
>>140049002
But wouldn't backing up their memories and personalities through hard drives and whatnot, transferring everything they are through a simple copy/paste dehumanize them in a sense? I mean, that's basically an admission that this girl you've fallen in love with is nothing more than a thing, a tool capable of operating itself and not in any way an actual person.
>>
>>140051532
From a writing perspective I get this but nine years is still a little low. Even then, they science-magic explained it away as muh magic brains.
I think that the overall point was just to setup the magic aids ending in the first place though. It was just either a shitty choice to make it robots instead of aids or a decent one based upon how much you liked the show.
They basically made them humans anyways so that kind of cheapened the robutt part anyways.
>>
>>140049002
Transferring the files is essentially the same as deleting them, the point is capacity which is an issue irl as well, considering we dont have unlimited HDD yet.
>>
>>140049002
What if their minds were in a neuron-like matrix with analog means of storing information similar to human brain? Then they could no more "back up" the androids mind than a human one.
>>
>>140051254
"forced ______" has become a meme, but it applies in this case. the whole limited lifespan is a plot device to insert tragedy/urgency for no good reason
>>
>>140049002
That's the entire point, they can, but they won't because of the implications. It wasn't touched at all in the anime but I'm sure these are the reasons.

>Robots wanting rights
>Robots out living humanity
>Robots general threat to humanity
>Robots eventually become the vanguard never to be replaced
>Robots eventually hold all powerful positions
>Also would make significantly less money

Theres no logical reason to give robots what they want
>>
>>140052421
This. I mean, how are we suppose to get choked up over this? Its not connected to any real world problem whatsoever. Its just so made up problem that doesnt even really make any sense
>>
this show is overrated as fuck, should have called it Plastic Emotions because the "romance" is forced as fuck with no chemistry between the generic mc and Rei clone (though I do admit the tsun was my fav even though she didn't win)

a show with so much potential was turned into a quick buck anime that caters to weaboo fags who like shows with "feels omg"
>>
>>140051532
Maybe but that is a dumb reason to deny someone the option. Sure it might feel "weird" to some but are you really going to detach yourself from this robot person just because you dont want to see them transferred because its not human like? They wouldnt care if they didnt want to leave them
>>
File: isla.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
isla.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB7GjPU2Nso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Tncalskkc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxb54nMwMHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOcF3oIHi-o
>>
>>140052223
In any case I didn't feel it was very well written drama. It was only ever going to end one way, and was made for the sole purpose of having a sad, emotional ending. Whether or not it landed depends on how much you liked the characters I'd imagine.
>>
File: isla.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
isla.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
>>140052741

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IckU2bAGgiY
>>
>>140052770
Anon held out hope until the end. There were anons who held out saying Isla's mindwipe was the only way to end the show properly and others who just wanted to believe. I think that was the great part about the show, Isla evolves from basically tunnel visioning her demise to genuinely living.
It's sad that she 'dies' specifically because we all have precious things we want to continue on with through life. Which was the point of the diary, to 'prove' that her feelings existed.
Now anon will call this 'forced drama' but really its just drama about grief and attachment.
>>
File: consider this.jpg (22 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
consider this.jpg
22 KB, 192x256
>>140052715
I think it moreso has to do with the fact that the process itself is no more complicated or meaningful than transferring information from a flash drive to a pc. It might really put things in perspective to see the mind and soul of the woman you love transferring through the same process you used to move hundreds of scat doujins to an external hard drive. Just saying.
>>
File: plastic-memories-5.jpg (148 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
plastic-memories-5.jpg
148 KB, 1600x900
>>140049002
The SciFi theme was nothing but a mere disguise, and once the anime dropped its veil and revealed its true face, I was disappointed. And that's my strongest feeling about Plastic Memories: Disappointment.

I was really into Plastic Memories at first, because the animation was pretty and colorful and I was excited to have my feelings being torn apart by dying kids. But right at the start I realized that the individual stories of the Giftia that were supposed to be retrieved were not engaging at all. I barely felt anything for any of the characters. At that time, I was already a bit bored: The characters were pretty standard and the main character was the worst one, super boring and overall pretty useless. The main story also seemed to go nowhere. The dialogue was nothing new and the "comedy" aspects were a bit unoriginal and honestly, they were not even that funny.

And then the romance theme started creeping in, which is the point where I pretty much checked out. I was pissed, because I was tricked into thinking I'd be watching a super sad SciFi anime, but I was instead watching a pretty standard romance anime with boring characters and a slow, slow story.

Here's the thing: Plastic Memories is not even a very good romance anime. The build up takes way too long and the characters are absolutely unlikeable and act unbelievably stupid.

1/2
>>
File: 1432445611564.jpg (334 KB, 700x850) Image search: [Google]
1432445611564.jpg
334 KB, 700x850
>>140049002
>Make a copy of a giftia with one year left
>Have multiple giftia with one year left

>Implying all types of storages can have a cheap way of creating a full consistent dump while still on execution

Isla a cute
>>
>>140049002
Why did they make them supperhuman, and not just the military or police service units, but all of them. Now there's a tough sale.
>Here's a synthetic human, it sounds, thinks, and feels like a real human
>but in 9 years it'll go berserk, throw your car into a tree, and pull your spine out.
>That's why we'll have to send armed personal to put it down before it does so
>>
File: Plastic-Memories-Ep-1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Plastic-Memories-Ep-1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>140053058
However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't start feeling for the characters towards the last episode (I had come to like the main character by episode 12, which is way too late for a 13 episode anime). I'm on the fence of whether to say I'd have enjoyed myself more If I knew I'd be watching a romance anime from the beginning. But that's the problem: I didn't expect to be watching a romance anime. If the anime would've just not pretended to be something else from the beginning, I might've enjoyed myself more (even thought it still was pretty tired). This way, however, I just ended up having an extremely bad time:

I went from excited to disappointed to bored, then even to mad about how bored I was, to "I'm too far in to drop out but I JUST DON'T CARE" and in the end I went to "okay I guess it wasn't that bad but damn I'm glad that's over".
Plastic Memories lures you in with an interesting concept and a colorful animation style, then goes ahead and turns into an unoriginal and tedious love story with terrible characters and a lack of high points.

2/2
>>
>>140049002
Disc rot is a totally real thing.

Notwithstanding. I like to think someone that somewhere accidentally left a stack overflow and/or register overflow flaw. And everyone was too lazy to fix it.
>>
>>140053058
>blogpost from mynormalfaglist
>>
>>140053058
>>140053102
Everyone who was disappointed with Plastic Memories should have watched Time of Eve instead.
>>
>>140053152

That or Chobits. I like all three.
>>
>>140053090
probably a failsafe to prevent people from keeping one past the expiration date

so people don't bitch too much when you come take their loved ones
>>
File: blade.gif (1 MB, 421x312) Image search: [Google]
blade.gif
1 MB, 421x312
>>140053111

>mynormalfaglist

kek
>>
>>140053210
That show's universe is a pretty shitty dystopia if that company's allowed to leave in something in their product that murders their customers after a certain period of time.
>>
How can people think that this anime was good?
The entire thing is built around such a deeply flawed and unbelievable premise that it's impossible to take seriously.
Why would they introduce such a flawed and dangerous product onto the market?
Why would people even buy it knowing that it's designed to fail?
How has absolutely nobody thought of saving, storing, or transferring memories if they're just computers?
There's so many goddamn questions and inconsistencies that they intentionally brush under the rug, because if they answered them, it would unravel the entire storyline.
That right there is a major sign that you have a shitty premise to begin with.
>>
>>140049002
It's a business anon. They do it deliberately.
>>
File: time of eve.gif (945 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
time of eve.gif
945 KB, 500x281
>>140053152

Time of Eve 10/10 partisan taste my friend.

There should be more anime revolving around Issac Asimov's version of androids and the three laws.
>>
I haven't watched this. But Time of Eve was amazing as an alternative to this if you like androids and sci-fi.
>>
>>140053152
Eve was so painfully boring couldnt continue after the first OVA. Chobits and PlasMemo were alright, the latter handled the romance part infinitely better with half the amount of episodes though.
>>
>>140053510
Not really

Just need to lobby to protect your inventions from being studied, maintain good public relations and be in good relations with host country

It could happen in our world easily
>>
>>140053601
>Eve
>boring
How? It was just 6 episodes and a movie?
It moved a little fast for my taste and characters like Akiko weren't explored enough.
>>
>>140053558
That doesn't make any fucking sense at all. Nobody would buy an iphone if it would detonate after 3 years of use.
Nobody would sure as hell buy one of these things if it was guaranteed to end in tragedy.
And, say they were intentionally programming them to fail. Then some company would figure out how to make ones that lasted forever, or how to fix them.
There is not a single bit of modern technology that is exclusive to one company. People figure out how to fix and hack things all the fucking time.
>>
>>140053601
Read the chobits manga. The anime suffered from bloat and shitty direction, but it was still a thousand times better than plastic memories. The depiction of humanoid robots was so much more believable.
>>
>>140053694
Takes one loony shooting up an elementary school for a government to get all gun grabby, or one person getting sick to have a whole product line recalled, or one deathless meltdown for nuclear energy to be sidelined. I think the androids would probably end up being government only after the first family of three got their faces torn off.
At least until the "goes insane and murders you" thing gets fixed.
>>
>>140053893
>a thousand times better than plastic memories

They're equally good, senpai. Different type of show. It's like saying Toradora is better than Clannad. They aren't the same.
>>
>>140053210
>>140053694
Trying to defend that plot hole just makes it sound more retarded. Nobody in the world would be retarded enough to buy, let alone manufacture anything that is designed to go completely apeshit at the end of its life. There never has been and never will be a consumer product that does anything like that.
Think of how much everyone flipped their shit at toyota for having a bad clutch that caused ~20 traffic fatalities. They got fined billions of dollars by multiple governments, even though they were deep in the pockets of those countries. To think something infinitely worse would be allowed in the real world is plain stupid.
>>
>>140050112
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Kyansaa
>>
>>140053810
People buy cigarettes so I'm pretty sure people would be alright with buying a smart robot. Besides it's not like they randomly explode, they have a specific timelimit and they are very aware of it.

I also doubt that a company would be able to create an more sophisticated AI at least in their country. I mean what would even be the point? You'd have to invest a shit ton of fucking money and then you'd be making less money than the original company since your robots never expire. And there's still the risk of the original company selling more due to the control of the market. You also might not be sure if the company is lying about the product life. You could face manufacturing issues due to the original company being in good graces (Why would a manufacturer damage his bussiness just to help you make better robots?). The original company might just buy you out and you could recoup your loses on.

>>140054026
We're looking at a world where robots have been commonplace for a long time. The first couple of decades probably had the robots recalled a year before their expiration date for safety reasons. Once people got lax and relaxed with robots they said whatever who gives a shit its your fault if it kills you, and let people hold onto them till the last day. All it takes is just good product awareness.

People adapt to everything
>>
>>140053567

>partisan taste
>>
>>140054197
>you can't compare different shows because different things are different
I feel my IQ drop every time i see someone post this shit.You can compare whatever the fuck you want. And yeah, I think that Toradora is better than Clannad too. I have no idea what the fuck people are trying to say when they bring up this bullshit.
>>
File: 1455803863967.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455803863967.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>140054426
>I think that Toradora is better than Clannad
>>
>>140053534

>Why would they introduce such a flawed and dangerous product onto the market?
Because its cheaper than making an ideal version.
>Why would people even buy it knowing that it's designed to fail?
People still buy it because that's all there is.
>How has absolutely nobody thought of saving, storing, or transferring memories if they're just computers?
The manufacturers have such a monopoly that they destroy competition.

If you replace robots with chemotherapy, and make the robo-hoe a real, cancer-ridden girl with only two months to live, the series could be allegory for how the cancer industry is wildly profitable, and the people in charge have no incentive to cure it.
>>
>>140054498
Clannad is fucking overdramatic garbage. Toradora is bullshit too but at least it has fun moments. Both suck but toradora is a 5/10 and Clannad is a 3/10. I'm not saying either is great.
>>
>>140054657
>muh drama is all shit

You sound like some manime nigger. What are you even doing in this thread?
>>
>>140054623
The world doesn't work this way and never has. The only people who believe this are shitty science fiction writers who want to justify how their unbelievable dystopia is such a deep reflection of modern society.
>>
>>140054326
>then you'd be making less money than the original company since your robots never expire.
>Nobody buys things that can outlast themselves like cars or houses
It would just cost more, with the trade off being that you get to keep your robo-butler, child, sex partner for life rather than less than a decade.
>>
File: disgusting.png (628 KB, 858x946) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
628 KB, 858x946
>>140054657
>not liking dramas
get out
>>
>>140054026
>Takes one loony shooting up an elementary school for a government to get all gun grabby
I've yet to see the US Federal Government do anything Mr. Amerifat.
>>
>>140054717
I like some drama if it isn't high school angst and muh feels bullshit. But I'd rather watch fun and relaxing anime that doesn't try too hard. And no, I never watch manime shit, because that's literally the opposite of what I enjoy.
>>
>>140054800
State governments do plenty faggot.
>>
>>140054724

I went on a joke tangent about the cancer thing, but companies with money and power surely can and do snuff out up-and-coming companies that pose a threat.
>>
>>140054771
You can like drama without enjoying clannaids or toradora. Because not liking 2 shows means you hate an entire genre.
>>
>>140054858
Source.
>>
>>140054842
>>140054900

So what is your opinion of Hyouka?
>>
If you die and your clone live are you still alive?
>>
>>140049002

>PS3 limitations
>>
>>140054860
Sure they can, but even giants inevitably crash and burn when they stop performing to consumer standards. Especially in the tech industry, where there's so much talent and new innovations developing at an exponential rate.
>>
>>140054308
It's not a plot hole retard.

The toyota issue is completely fucking different. The two biggest differences is that the malfunction is random in toyota's case and that they got caught not giving a shit about it. That's not remotely the case here, this is like if you bought a car and the dealer said after 20 years the car needs to be recalled because it's completely unsafe.

The entire argument is moot since it has nothing to do with the actual plot, your inability to cope with fantasy not being real life is just autism. I don't even like the show but it definitely wasn't because of the seven year lifespan on robots.

I suggesting reading the hulk plot hole article so you understand a bit more about what you're complaining about.

>>140054601
But human AI is something complex and completely fucking different from processing power, and as time progresses it would only be more sophisticated. Sure you might be able to make an AI that can pretend it's human but people will pay top dollar for the "real" deal.

>>140054768
Still a very risky business venture, even if you sell them at a higher price you'd still face the issue of selling less. Sorta like premium cars, imagine a new premium car company coming out of the woodworks now.

I mean there's still the glaring issue of giving robots longer lives is just a bad idea.
>>
>>140054936
I thought hyouka was a pleasant watch. Some of the mysteries were a little obvious and contrived but it was enjoyable most of the time.
>>
I liked the first episode or two because the show had an interesting concept, genuine character moments both sad and funny. Unfortunately it just squandered both these interesting themes for some sappy romcom story line that had little to do with the setting at all. You're right though, OP, and the tech shit only gets more inconsistent as the show continues, if I remember right
>>
>>140049344
It may not work with robots with human level sentience
>>
>>140054860
There'd still be competitors on an international level like there is now in the modern world. Presumably these androids were made for military purposes originally and the various world governments allowed the contracted companies to sell their product to private buyers.
>>140054902
"Gun grabbing" is exaggerating things, but Commiefornia has very strict laws for all weapons, cane-swords for instance are prohibited.
>>
>>140055192
I'm not even American and even I know Commiefornia isn't really part of America.
>>
>>140055017
Then what is it. A plot convenience? Regardless of what you want to call it, the entire premise is frustrating even if you think it's autistic to get mad about it.
Just telling people to suspend their disbelief doesn't work when there's a problem with so many obvious solutions, but nobody does shit about it in the story for the sake of drama.
I don't know what to technically call that, but it's not enjoyable nevertheless.
>>
>>140055017
>Still a very risky business venture, even if you sell them at a higher price you'd still face the issue of selling less. Sorta like premium cars, imagine a new premium car company coming out of the woodworks now.
>I mean there's still the glaring issue of giving robots longer lives is just a bad idea.
Risky doesn't mean impossible, and if someone was selling a better android you're damn right people would buy it. Besides the show said the short lifespan was a technical limitation, but not something intentional.
>>
>>140055017
>imagine a new premium car company coming out of the woodworks now.
Oh come on, you have a company like Tesla who entered the market barely more than 10 years ago and created an iconic brand. You severely undervalue human ingenuity and technological progress, judging from your other points too.
>>
>>140049002
I have a couple ideas

1. Limited secondary memory size. It could be that they've reached a limit to the amount of files they can store. I'd imagine memories including all of your senses would take up quite a bit of space, add this up over x many years and suddenly you've used all of your storage space. Possibly leads to corrupt files -> destructive robot.

Personally, I would have just preferred it if the robot just started having glitches and broke down. And the super human strength was kinda stupid.

2. Profit. Things are designed with a specified life span in order to encourage people to purchase a new product. Cars are designed to start breaking down once you've payed off your loan and a lack of spare parts encourages you to go out and buy the new model. Same concept with our android partners.

Honestly, you don't want them to try and explain the "science" behind it because it's always stupid and doesn't make any sense. I'm tired of anime trying to explain "science" and I'm glad they left it out.
>>
Very few desktop computers make it to 10 years without breaking down once. I'm just saying.

>>140055599
My personal pet theory is a register overflow that no one bothered to fix. It would explain why they know the lifespan down to the very second.
>>
>>140055298
It's shitty writing

but again the majority of the story isn't about the technical aspect of robots, they never even touch any of it despite working for the company that created it. It's about the shitty drama

Would the story be bearable if they said that the technology was alien and started decaying after seven years? That's the point I'm making, it doesn't matter what the reason behind seven years is, it holds no bearing on the story.

I mean I have more issues accepting that these robots accept their shitty lives without trying to change something, that seems wrong to me. Or maybe their programing prevents that who knows.

>>140055428
That's what the show tells us but but we don't know if it's the truth, I don't remember the show very well, was this said between characters or the narration?

And again just want to state that this holds no fucking relevance to the story, it's like saying why doesn't starwars have a third faction? You're telling me that this huge war is controlled between two factions and there isn't another power trying to get control?
>>
>>140055793
>I mean I have more issues accepting that these robots accept their shitty lives without trying to change something
....you realise what website we're on right now. Right?
>>
>>140054657
>>140054842
>>140054900
this is me as well desu
>>
>>140055848
yea but we don't have super strength, possibly more quicker reactions/learning and a seven year life span

although I'd probably still waste my seven years doing nothing
>>
>>140055680
Looks like someone didn't restart their patriot missile launcher, errr I mean android.
>>
>>140055929
>yea but we don't have super strength, possibly more quicker reactions/learning
Doesn't matter. Everyone ITT is missing the forest for the trees. The whole point of "Plastic Memories" was it's not about the amount of time we have, but what we do with it.

>although I'd probably still waste my seven years doing nothing
That's the spirit!
>>
>>140055793
Exposition dump at the beginning of the series says it's just a tech limitation, and we don't hear anything else about whether that's intentional or not, so you can just assume that that's all there is to it.
> it's like saying why doesn't starwars have a third faction? You're telling me that this huge war is controlled between two factions and there isn't another power trying to get control?
Well I mean if you look into the expanded Universe (pre-PT or pre-ST) you'd get answers about that, but whatever.
>>
>>140049002
The Giftia brains probably aren't like regular hard drives. They probably model human brains pretty closely except for the fact that they decay faster. It would be hard to transfer data from something that is probably stored using things like brain cells.
>>
File: 1447175358432.jpg (435 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447175358432.jpg
435 KB, 1280x720
>>140055599
I always assumed they had brain inspired hardware, which would make sense in their "having a soul" slogan, which would mean a massively complex asynchronous structure where each element is a very simple processor like a neuron.

It would be ridiculously expensive and possibly physically impossible to have all neurons connect to a main processor to dump their data simultaneously or to command them to simultaneously freeze to make a consistent copy (as in, if you freeze some parts and not other it will end up corrupting itself, or you'd copy different parts in different stages of execution for the first scenario). It might also be expensive to have each neuron capable of saving and transmitting their local state for something like the snapshot algorithm.

It's really not weird to buy that you can't backup their memory if you stop thinking that every processing system must be a PC.
>>
>>140053810
Iphones get software decay after a few years as well too.
Also it's ten fucking years. That's pretty good for mass-produced hardware that probably had corners cut.
>>
>>140054947
No, when a natural clone (identical twin) of a person outlives them that person is nevertheless still very much fucking dead
>>
Jesus , why would a fucking sentient robot run on the same terms as your fucking laptop?
I swear, this must be the same shitposter for the past year making this thread over and over, there's no way that there's a section of /a/ that's so stupid that they would need something so obvious pointed out to them over and over over dozens of threads.

And worst of all, this isn't even an important part of the show. It's called "Plastic Memories", not "The hardest sci-fi you will ever see, you will be blown away by how accurate and realistic the content is, designed by and proofread over by dozens of award winning scientists!"
>>
File: 1460463004517.jpg (56 KB, 852x478) Image search: [Google]
1460463004517.jpg
56 KB, 852x478
>>
>>140052654
Was this show even rated enough to be overrated?
>>
>>140057239

It was eclipsed by Violin ALS girl and mommy problems piano boy. Far from being overrated.
>>
Isla was my best seasonal waifu.
>>
>>140057239
The vocal hipster choices for original shows that season were pleiades and punchline. Plastic Memmories beat both thoroughly in both Japan and the west.
>>
File: 1459130751085.jpg (729 KB, 1450x2000) Image search: [Google]
1459130751085.jpg
729 KB, 1450x2000
>>140059213
Punchline is a masterpiece and shouldn't have sold less than forced dramashit, or literally every other anime that season.
>>
>>140059424
Maybe if they kept the girl brown.
>>
>>140059213
Shit taste abound.
>>
File: 1419608131379.gif (166 KB, 340x360) Image search: [Google]
1419608131379.gif
166 KB, 340x360
>>140057042
>It's called "Plastic Memories", not "The hardest sci-fi you will ever see, you will be blown away by how accurate and realistic the content is, designed by and proofread over by dozens of award winning scientists!"
>>
>>140057042
It's really really dumb watching people nit pick at soft Sci-fi, or even fantasy, for not having explicit rules and realism down to the finest details. If you go into plastic memories expecting hard sci-fi and you end up strongly disappointed, the problem lies with you. It has its glaring problems, but getting mad at any fiction for having something never promised nor required is idiotic.
>>
This was such a shit anime.
>>
>>140049002
I kinda forgot, but there's an explanation for that.
something along how the AI that made the robots have self-awareness or alive is pretty much a fluke. and they still didn't know how it actually works, hence they will go berserk after a certain times.
also, cause they have self-awareness, even if you put other android memories into them, they won't acknowledge them as their memories.

still dumb show though.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.