[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Characters with unfitting voices Also Yuki Kaji as Phoenix
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Haruhiro.jpg (36 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Haruhiro.jpg
36 KB, 500x400
ITT: Characters with unfitting voices

Also Yuki Kaji as Phoenix
>>
>>140022219
Most Yuki Kaji roles, really.
>>
The fuck are you on mate?

Hosoya did a fucking ace job with Haruhiro
>>
>>140023377
I think he fits Sonic in One Normie Man ans might fit Todoroki in My Hero Academia
>>
>>140023377
His Clemont is alright.
>>
haruhiro's too faggy for his voice, i agree
>>
>>140023439
Hosoya is a great VA. It's just very jarring to hear a deep manly voice from someone like Haruhiro.
>>
>>140023770
Yeah Clemont isn't bad
>>
I may be biased by I can enjoy Hosoya in any show with any character type. Though I agree that his voice is really suited to older/mature character type like Orga and recently Oota.
>>
>>140022219
I agree. His voice was better in the LN.
>>
>>140022219
blackstar had a pretty high pitched voice in soul eater
>>
>>140023377
He's in everything I'm watching this season. I want to kill myself.
>>
Hosoya can make any male character sound alpha.
>>
>>140022219
Fucking Reina from Phantom World
>inb4 Hayamin fags come in and tell me to kill myself
>>
>>140023377
I thought his Johnny's pretty good.
>>
I hate Kaji Yuki with such a passion in 90% of his roles, but from watching that Kiznaiver preview he seems like a nice guy in person
>>
>>140025622

I'm still mad that guy who did english dub fucked up that line where he yells at the head priest after their priest tank bites it.
>>
I thought Yuki Kaji did pretty alright as Alibaba. Better him than Matsuoka or Uchiyama at least for me.
>>
>>140025622
That's the foresight for Haruhiro's future hardening up. You can't have a manned up reliable leader with Yuki Kaji's voice.
>>
>>140023377
His typical whining is only good when the character in question is good, like Johnny Joestar.
What baffled me the most was his recast as Koichi in Jojo part 4, now that was a bad pick because Koichi looks like a twink and Kaji automatically uses his worst twink tone.

Also his Judeau was also great in Berserk movies.
>>
>>140026635
Kaji is not a bad guy, really. And he can work better than what they give him, the problem is that he got popular for shit roles.
>>
Any time Kamiya's told to do the Ararararararagi voice
when he's not actually voicing Araragi

Also Matsuoka as Souma
>>
>>140022219
>That deep voice
I like it though.
>>
>>140025741
Basically, he does great when he's not being type-cast.
>>
Any Norio Wakamoto role

Vicious from Cowboy Bebop sounded weird
Cell from Dragon Ball Z sounded weird
Chiyo's father cat-thing from Azumanga Daioh! sounded weird
Alexander from Hellsing Ultimate sounded weird

It's that same weird deep voice, always and it makes me question whether should I take the character serious or not
>>
>>140028291
Does he even do voice acting anymore?
>>
>>140029693
He did voice Cell in Dragon Ball Xenoverse
>>
>>140022219
I think his voice was a good surprise for once. He could have been dubbed by the usual edgy plastic young voice trying too hard to sound teen and beautiful and perfect, which in the end just sounds artificial.

We are just not used to mcs with deep voices.
>>
Haruta and Sensei from Haruchika.

>>140023377
He should stick to older characters because his deeper voice sounds quite good. Also his psychopaths are fine.
>>
File: U8Xxv51.png (233 KB, 529x287) Image search: [Google]
U8Xxv51.png
233 KB, 529x287
>>140022219
We need more anime ponchos
>>
>>140026342
This
>>
The misandry against popular young male seiyuu should stop.
>>
Elf girl from Re:Zero -Takahashi Rie
>>
>>140022219
Please, his VA was fucking amazing as Haruhiro.
>>
>>140030047
>I think his voice was a good surprise for once. He could have been dubbed by the usual edgy plastic young voice trying too hard to sound teen and beautiful and perfect, which in the end just sounds artificial.

Yep, the directed made a good choice.
>>
>>140022219
Kazuki Yao as ZZ Gundam Judeau.
>>
File: 1401301.jpg (98 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1401301.jpg
98 KB, 640x800
Ootsubo Yuka's voice just doesn't fit her
>>
>>140028291
>Norio Wakamoto
>always and it makes me question whether should I take the character serious or not

He's a living meme anon
>>
Yuki Kaji's Johnny Joestar was on point.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.