[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you like about anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: photo-10702.png (28 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
photo-10702.png
28 KB, 120x120
what do you like about anime?
>>
/a/
>>
Anime pussy
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (151 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
151 KB, 1366x768
>>139988876
>>
>>139989067
https://youtu.be/0DW31upNEEg
>>
File: Jesus dance.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Jesus dance.gif
1 MB, 640x360
Serious answer incoming.

I like animation in general from blockbuster American 3D movies to small time animators on tumblr, and there's no question that Japan produces the most of it so I naturally gravitate towards their products. More than that, I like the wide variety of art styles that can be used there (can, not are necessarily), and there are sometimes some truly interesting and beautiful styles or animation used even in the most innocuous of series. More than that, people just look great in anime unless they are intentionally drawn to look terrible, and I like having everybody be attractive. The visuals are undeniably the main draw of anime for me.

Anime is kind of like Indian women: 99% of them are absolute shit, smell like shit, and are just generally terrible to experience, but that 1% is literally god tier in their beauty, substance, and poise that you could shed a tear. I sift through all of the horrid excrement that Japan shits out every year for that 1%, as it satisfies my deep love for good animation and pretty pictures.
>>
Lack of boundaries. Imagination. Emotion. Intelligence. It can be superb in its own right.
>>
>>139988745
Fuck off
>>
Cute drawings/escapism
>>
駄目
>>
>>139988745
What do you like about your hometown and the house that you grew up in?

Same answer
>>
Things can be on a grander scale cause drawings. Not many TV shows have the budget for things to be spectacular and when they try with a lower budget it shows.
>>
File: 1451382953175.jpg (30 KB, 324x282) Image search: [Google]
1451382953175.jpg
30 KB, 324x282
>>139988745
Animation. Some nice soundtracks. There are some interesting themes in it (Im interested in philosophical or psychological animes example texhnolyze). I also like some romances once in a while because its ideal in a way that is arousing for men not how movies portray it in absolutely not grasping repressed fantasies. They dont have to hold some arbitrary standard and its easier to make so they are some interesting themes and worlds. It makes me forget about this world for a while and be a bit happy like when I was a kid which is probably invoked by the animation.

Im sure there is more but these are the main points for me.
>>
>>139988745
It has characters just like me. Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor
>>
Nothing
>>
I like that it's usually a group collaboration working to make something that could be great or shitty, I'd imagine that it's hard work regardless of the end result.
When they get it right though, it's something that's hard to forget and usually helps me reflect on how I go about my own creative endeavours.

On a side note, I like how it could make me pay attention to a story that pisses me off. I hate watching dramatic shit but if I'm too far into it, I just can't stop even though I'm just getting mad. I think it's like when those shitty kids get really into mobas and all it does is make them angry but they just can't stop.

I think I might have anime autism. What do I do?
>>
>aesthetic
>themes
>longer than a film
>episodes
>soundtracks
>might be a bit weaboofag, but I like listening to japanese
>a large selection of anything
>some fucking awesome gems
>2D
>>
File: 1459868705602.gif (276 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1459868705602.gif
276 KB, 200x200
>>139988745
>liking anime
>>
It makes me forget my desire to commit suicide for a bit
>>
>>139988745
The diversity and animation being very free with what it can do (and therefore more potential to it) I'd say is what I like the most about anime. There's a good amount of length to them, allowing one to become more attached to what one's watching. The length also allows for greater potential to be reached.
>>
>>139988745
I don't watch anime, I just fap to the characters.
>>
>>139990017
asukafag detected
>>
I...I like the booooooobs
>>
I empathize more with 2D characters. I like to watch things that make me feel very sad, and live action can't do that. Drawn characters can convey much more emotion than actors.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.