[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did you guys lie about Boku No Hero Academia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: download (5).jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>Everyone hypes the show up, but first two episode are kind of weak.
>Marathon the manga, training montage was great
>Keeps reading waiting for it to get good. Never happens, just a lot of cliche shonen plot points executed in a boring way

Why did this get so hyped up as an amazing shonen? Like literally nothing great happened.

The Zabuza arc from naruto is more potent heart wrenching and interesting then the entirety of this manga.
Zabuza and Haku literally have more character development, and better character drama then the main characters of boku no hero

When exactly was this manga suppose to blow me away? They can't even write anything half as good as naruto's first arc.
>>
Chuunin exam > Stain arc > zabuza arc > Rest of part 1 = Rest of BNHA > Shipuuden
>>
>>139976344
Nah the pain arc was also better than all of bnha.
>>
>>139975734
>They can't even write anything half as good as naruto's first arc.

You mean one of the two good arcs in Naruto?
>>
>>139975734
>>139976344
>>139976995

Don't feed the trolls
>>
>there are people here who have actually watched hundreds of episodes of naruto

I'm not even mad, rest probably have watched barely anything at all
>>
Narutards, wanpan negros and reverse trolls on suicide alert!
>>
>>139977288
I watched all 220 episodes. Yes, all of the filler. Dropped Shitpuden because I, like, fuck man, I am tired.
>>
>stupid melodramatic backstory pulled at the last second
>good
I don't know why /a/ keeps saying Zabuza is good, that shit was weak.
>>
I've been reading boku no hero weekly since they started translating them on illegal manga sites, it's a fine time waster.

But honestly hasn't had a good arc by shonen standards, i think most people would considered the zabuza arc a well done shonen arc.

Great characters, great fights, a lot of character development for everyone, and all the feels.

They really did a good job painting a gray morality between ninja, zabuza was never really a bad guy same as haku.

It was literally like the perfect shonen arc, so it's kind of unfair to compare it to boku no hero, but still. You have to have standards.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (6 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
6 KB, 266x190
>>139978175
How is his back story stupid or melodramatic?

It's very simple and straight forward.

He's been a part of the ninja cycle of being used as a tool, he has a warped sense of reality. His a cold blooded killer. But he still has a heart and takes pity on haku, a young boy who helps zabuza grow as a person, by showing him kindness it adds to zabuza character arc, which comes full circle at the climatic and amazing end when he fucks up gonzo.

It's well written characterization 101, honestly one of the greatest scenes in shonen/anime period.
>>
>>139975734
I read the first chapter when it released and extrapolated all that, including the fact that it'd get popular.
Fuck shounenshit.
>>
>>139975734
>The Zabuza arc from naruto is more potent heart wrenching and interesting then the entirety of this manga

Maybe because you were young when you first watched/read it. Ever think about that? Huh?
>>
poo poo kachoo
>>
>>139978990
So you're saying that people only like BNHA because they're stupid kids? Got it.
>>
>>139978990
No I literally re-watched it, because i felt underwhelm by boku no hero, and it still holds up.
It's classic by now.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxFFSVX3u6M
>>
>>139978355
>bad guy doesn't care for the trap and is a mean edgelord
>MC talk no jutsu
>actually the bad guy actually cared for the trap all along

What a fantastic character arc, i see the light now. Definitely one of the best things anime has to offer.
>>
>>139975734
>Why did this get so hyped up as an amazing shonen? Like literally nothing great happened.
OP, you ask that in a thread that has Deadly Sins and Tokyo Ghoul generals?
>>
File: shinobi-10-98.png (181 KB, 739x1100) Image search: [Google]
shinobi-10-98.png
181 KB, 739x1100
Shame they didn't go more into his youth.
>>
>>139979249
Your downplaying it, and out right making false claims calling him a edgelord, talk no jutsu only got bad because they used it too much, this was the original and it was genuine very well done.

But even though you described it in the worst way possible, it's still better than anything boku no hero has ever done.
>>
>>139979417
Damn this is hardcore lol, I don't remember them ever showing this in the anime though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.