[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does Sailor Moon get good? Season 1 is a chore to watch.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Capture2.jpg (26 KB, 363x249) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
26 KB, 363x249
When does Sailor Moon get good? Season 1 is a chore to watch.
>>
>>139955138
Season 1 is the best season, if you aren't charmed by it then maybe it's not for you (well I've heard people say it is too slow but I personally love it). The last few episodes of season 1 will blow you away if you make it that far.
The third season (S) is amazing and probably where the payoff will be for you though.
>>
>>139955472
So does it stop being so damn... formulaic after season one? Like, when does it go from a generic monster-of-the week story and actually gets the plot moving?
>>
If you thought S1 was a chore, wait until S2.
>>
>>139956573
after 30 episodes.
>>
>>139956573
No, the vast majority of the episodes are 15 minutes of slice of life + 5 minutes of monster of the week. Normally the last 5-10 episodes of a given season will be all plot. The ending of season 1 is legendary when the plot gets going but it should not be the show's main appeal for you.
R starts out with a dozen episodes of anime-only filler villains before what you'd consider the 'plot' happens.
S is most plot-centric but even that starts out with (admittedly the best) weekly baddies.

Really, to get the most out of Sailor Moon you have to love the slice of life and tolerate the formula.
>>
>>139955138
what episode are you at? If you've gotten Mercury and Mars into the main group and you're still bored, I don't think sailor moon is for you.
>>
File: 1404887100884.jpg (145 KB, 640x940) Image search: [Google]
1404887100884.jpg
145 KB, 640x940
About the time Makoto shows up, then there's a few slow parts right before Mina is introduced.
>>
>>139956573

>GGfag
>>>/v/
>>
>>139955138
do you like the characters?
The main reasons people enjoy sailor moon are for the characters, and their friendships.
>>
You should probably get off this board if you dont like sailor moon you fucking pleb. Its an anime essential.
>>
It's garbage tier pleb shit, why are you even watching it?
>>
File: usagi_mfw.jpg (24 KB, 257x262) Image search: [Google]
usagi_mfw.jpg
24 KB, 257x262
If you didn't like the first season then you won't like the rest
>>
>>139956836
I can only tolerate about 12 shorts worth of SoL. And I can deal with a cour of x-of-the-week stuff if it has good action and/or comedy. After that, I need a plot to follow to keep me on the hook. Otherwise I just can't stick with it.
>>
>>139957212
I really don't care, I responded to your first post because I like Sailor Moon but normally I'd just not bother saying anything unless you take off your trip.
>>
File: sailor-moon.png (493 KB, 1024x530) Image search: [Google]
sailor-moon.png
493 KB, 1024x530
>>139957125
no u
>>
>>139956573
>watching sailor moon for the plot
you watch it for the characters you pleb
>>
>>139958182
Yeah, and I liked watching them for like the first ~10-15 episodes. Can someone tell me which episode each Sailor Scout gets introduced in so I don't have to wade through the inane teenage drivel?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.