[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The rules of the Fullmetal Alchemist universe are retarded >need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (169 KB, 900x636) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
169 KB, 900x636
The rules of the Fullmetal Alchemist universe are retarded
>need to get al's body back
>can bind souls to inanimate objects
>can build human body (just not soul)
nope, impossible, can't be done

>can perform alchemy on human (and presumably animal) bodies (just not own body)
>need to put nina back in a human body from the chimera
nope, can't just change the shape of her body to look more human, can't be done, even though we see some fucking human looking chimeras later in the series.
>>
>can build human body

Yea but it's not Al's body though, besides it's not like they have advance cloning tech that would make a perfect human body.

I mean when they transmute the mother it just spawns as a lump of flesh
>>
>>139952250
what about those living sex dolls in that one episode?
i mean yeah it was fucked up but they seemed pretty convincingly human looking and customisable
>>
>>139952075
They've repeatedly said that even very trivial transmutations on human flesh, the kind we frequently do with our own medicine, is nigh impossible. There are simply too many variables to get things sufficently right 99% of the time.

Of course, the plot centers around a search for that remaining 1%.
>>
>>139952075
>animals and chimeras can be created and born with the snap of fingers
>but human souls are special and impossible to work with

Yea that was kind of dumb.
>>
>>139953847
Presumably there's a lot more margin for error with an animal than there is with a human, though I thought I recall that even the creation of animal life was seen as the very fringe of accepted practice.
>>
>>139953690
yeah but probably easier than what they actually ended up doing to get their bodies back, i mean they say its hard but it happens in the show all the fucking time

>>139953847
i mean i don't buy that as an IRL philosophical position but as a premise for a tv show it makes sense. they do stick to that internal logic at least
>>
>>139952340
Yea well they also can't fell pain and in general not human looking
>>
>>139954054
feel
>>
>>139954054
better than a suit of armour, maybe ed just didn't mention it because he needs al to beat people up for him
>>
Part of it is that The Truth just really fucking hates it when people try doing it.
>>
>>139954245
i love the idea that there's no like, integral metaphysical reason why you can't do it, he just thinks you're a dick
>>
>>139952075
lol
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.