[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If harem anime had confirmed harem endings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: Tumblr_m0o2z4SBHW1qgssuio1_1280.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_m0o2z4SBHW1qgssuio1_1280.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
Would that solve most of the problems that /a/ has woth the genre? You still get harem hijinks, but they all know and love protag, and the main drama comes from outside the harem, not inside it
>>
>>139937451
Do you even know why people hate harem?
>>
>>139937560
To be honest? No. I have always enjoyed them. I thought the main reason was bc self insert bait.
>>
>>139937451
I see you haven't read Yomeiro Choice
>>
>>139937625
>Yomerio choice
>confirmed harem ending
It is literally about the choice between which daughteru he wants. How it ends is ireelevant.
>>
I don't like harems because they tend to have shit animation, shit storylines, the characters tend to be bland and shit.
I'd watch an anime about an actual harem, if it had none of the usual harem tropes because it could be used to frame something in an interesting story, like a woman in a harem killing the other women, to inherit more money/political power.
>>
>>139937451
Every canon Tenchi show has a confirmed harem ending. All but one of Tenchi's kids are part of a harem and his brother's harem includes an entire academy of female mecha pilots.
>>
>>139937451
Nope, it still would be shit
I dont know why but a show with no plot and mc just getting lucky with girls without doing anything worth it just puts me off
I was conditioned to self insert as the hard working kid who only got troubles, this new harem trope didnt suit me.
Its just suits 15 year old horny teenagers who want anything and everything handed to them without working for it.
>dxd
Get better taste OP and stop watching haremshit
If I want bouncing tits I'd watch lewd all girl shows, I dont need to self insert as a beta no personality school kid
>>
>>139937451
If more harem anime had actual endings, of any kind, I'd enjoy the genre more. Almost all of it is just status quo bullshit, because it's mostly incomplete adaptions of ongoing source material that never reach the parts where anything interesting or satisfying happens.
>>
File: 3688e6.jpg (71 KB, 625x685) Image search: [Google]
3688e6.jpg
71 KB, 625x685
>>139937451
You also need to have characters that are interesting enough to convince people to give a shit about them. Most harem shows discard the tenants of good storytelling for more tits and asses. Highschool DxD is better about this than most, but there's still a lot of room for improvement.
>>
Japan doesn't allow polygamy, so in a lot of harem anime, and harem ending is not possible. And the mc will probably become an average salary man, with an average income, not enough to fed his family. He couldn't afford to pay high end education for his multiples children, destined them to have a shit job for the rest of their life.

In DxD, the main character is a fucking dragon, who have a mid tier longinus, a tool who can kill gods. Nobody will complain if he spread his superiors genes with multiple females to get dragon descendants.

In heroic fantasy, the lore probably allow you to have multiple wives, if you are a legendary hero, or a king. But there is always a fucking religion who forbid you, so you will have 1 wife, and a shitton of concubines.
>>
>>139942619
That's not a problem, that's a plot hook.

>Japan doesn't allow polygamy
>MC flips table over, goes into politics, becomes PM, gets all the bitches

Anime of the year, all years.
>>
>>139939951
This is definitely the main problem. Tons of series either have no ending or a rushed one, and then a lot of series that DO get to end it normally do some ambiguous non ending.
>>
>>139942619
>Japan doesn't allow polygamy, so in a lot of harem anime, and harem ending is not possible.
You lack imagination. MC can only have one legal wife, but what about a live-in maid, a mistress, his wife's friend who seems to always be staying over, etc. MC could also end up rich somehow.
>>
>>139943254
The only harem animes I watched with these premises are hentai.
>>
>>139937451
Harem ending in a normal modern setting. Now that's quite rare. Only ones I know are Zetsubo Sensei and Fujimura-kun mates.
>>
>>139939248
>Stop liking what I don't like.png
>>
>>139940835
>Highschool DxD is better about this than most
I chuckled.

>>139942619
Hey Mexico I thought you only stuck around DxD threads, why are you outside your containment area?
>>
>>139944364
>I chuckled.
Then you must have a much higher opinion of most harem shows than I do.
>>
>>139943744
Not him but It's not about liking shit (I like some too, DxD is the worst tho), it's about pretending one shit is not shit just because it have a different color.
>>
>>139944525
Harrm anime it is true. Harem manga you actually see the concepts flushed out more, and the author is able to play with it. For some reason the top tier harem series dont normally get adapted. Or if they do, they remove the best parts of them.
>>
>>139944875
Nobody's saying DxD is good, just that it's somewhat less terrible than other harem shows. DxD's first season, at least, has actual character development and a very basic plot, compared to series like Infinite Stratos or To Love Ru where the main character is dumber than a box of rocks and never changes or grows at all and the girls only exist to be eye candy and fight over the MC's magic penis.

My ideal harem series would place plot and characterization as more important than everything else and then plug in fanservice and wish fulfillment stuff whenever the plot allows for it.
>>
>>139945317
Well, to be fair I only watched the first arc of DxD, but holy shit, I hated every second of it. TLR and the likes at least have some comedy (and Yabuki's art).
>>
People don't hate harem because there's a harem. they hate harem because it's a red flag.
>>
>>139939248
This tbqh
>>
File: 1441248121035.jpg (578 KB, 1484x1026) Image search: [Google]
1441248121035.jpg
578 KB, 1484x1026
>>139944364

Because the Wall hasn't been built yet.
>>
>>139945555
No worries, there's no helping it if we like different things. For my part, the "comedy" in TLR always seems to boil down to "look at this ridiculous face that Rito makes as he faceplants into some girl's crotch for the nth+1 time" and I don't find slapstick very funny in the first place so it just doesn't have any appeal.

What it ultimately comes down to is that harem series are about wish fulfillment for the reader, but most of them don't scratch that itch for me because my wishes are less of the Yuuki Rito vein of "be noticed by pretty girls, have amusing accidents around them" and more in the Dark Schneider vein of "get bitches, fuck bitches, take over the world."
>>
>>139946108
Are you really a mexican? I'm curious, aside from the "make you pay for it" thing, are mexicans generally pissed about the wall.
>>
File: 1457984476119.png (319 KB, 555x573) Image search: [Google]
1457984476119.png
319 KB, 555x573
I watch haremshit for the interesting premisesI always end up disappointed but I keep doing it
>>
File: 1395802629296.jpg (99 KB, 695x837) Image search: [Google]
1395802629296.jpg
99 KB, 695x837
>>139937451
>Would that solve most of the problems /a/ has...

Hehe. Oh I can remember when I was this new. OP there are 2 things you should know.

1. This is 4chan. We don't like anything.

2. I'm surprised nobody has flipped their shit over the pic from tumblr. May I advise changing filenames in future?
>>
>>139946234
the idea of messing up the Sonoran dessert with a wall just to get some Americans tycoons extra brownie points in office isn't very appealing to most Mexicans
>>
>>139938043

Have you tried Genji Monogatari?
>>
>>139946790
Ahh gotcha. So it is not the controlling of the borders, but that the wall is gonna mess upthe dessert i guess.
>>
>>139938043
If you dont mind reading, i recommend umi no misaki.
>>
>>139937451
People don't watch harem anime for the harem. We've got doujins for that. We watch harem for the sake of lording over everyone else how best girl won. Everyone wins ending ruins the whole point of a harem anime.
>>
>>139947836
So it's like gambling then? We bet on waifu of choice to win an MC bowl?
>>
>>139937451
I think that one of the reasons that true harem endings are so great in the first place is that not many authors dare to do them.

You could probably count on your hand how many battle harem anime/LN's have harem endings.
>>
>>139937451
Do you mean like Overlord?

Sure, I love them.
>>
>>139942892
MC actually did it in this novel:
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Maou_na_Ore_to_Fushihime_no_Yubiwa
>>
>>139937764
He breaks reality and ends up in a harem with each of his future wives AND daughters.
>>
>>139945317
>place plot and characterization as more important than everything else
DxD just did this in the LN and now people are upset good characters are gone forever. You cannot please people at all.
>>
>>139949886
Good plot and characterization don't need to happen at the expense of other characters, that's just Ishibumi having written himself into a corner. He filled his setting up with huge powerful side characters like Michael and Sirzechs and then needs to come up with reasons why they don't just curbstomp all the villains into tiny pieces before Issei and co get anywhere near them. Now he has to find a way to get rid of them all so that Issei and company can step in and fill their shoes. If he's smart, he'll write this as the next logical step in their character development, with Rias and Issei suddenly needing to learn how to do politics and stuff, but I don't think he will.
>>
>>139950264
He has no choice to at this point. Indra's confirmed as the next arc enemy and he's gonna swoop in and appeal to the humans who just figured out the supernatural world exists. On top of that we have the dark side of Underworld politics that keeps being foreshadowed. He got rid of Sirzechs and the others so they get dragged into politics. They're too young to take their roles right away. That's why people like Ajuka, Gabriel and Shemhazai were left behind.
>>
>>139946629
I know right?
>>
>>139950356
It would certainly make sense for that to happen, but DxD's reader base wants a fighting series and I think if he changed up the source of conflict so suddenly then sales would drop. Then again maybe he can afford that now since it's the final arc.
>>
>>139950452

>Guy wants to study to become a priest but is told that he's gonna be the next demon lord
>"Sounds hilarious, picked up"
>Eventually he gains demonic powers to use for harem hijinks with a side of "punch bad guy"

Welp, at least I can say that it was the only story in recent memory where the main tsundere wasn't super hateable.
>>
>>139950778
The fighting will be there because Indra is top 10 level, and you can bet he'll have some allies. The real heavy hitters, ExE won't be coming until whatever form of sequel comes, so he's gonna use this "final" arc to iron out the aftermath of the previous arcs most likely, while the sequels focus on the tournament and other world enemies.
>>
>>139950829
Green still best girl.
>>
what would help fix them is focus on the actual characters and relationships rather than just new situations for the MC to almost get laid even more than last time
>>
Omnibus harem is the only harem I really like. Even if the character development is short I still prefer it because everyone's favorite girl gets their chance to win.
>>
I'm pretty sure the point of studios making harem animes is to gain $$$ they can use for actual quality shows
>>
i don't think people dislike harem because they are harem, i think they dislike them because the plot and the characters are almost always bland.

See world god only knows, it's a harem and people usually like it, because it's deeper than "girl one: fondles her breasts now she loves me, girl two: looked at her panties now she loves me... etc".
>>
DxD light novel is as good as confirmed harem ending, assuming the MC doesnt die. the girls themselves have a ranking between themselves that they've discussed for what place would be good, with rias being first, being fine with second etc etc. It also helps that DxD has a really good story with great action (again LN, anime has barely scratched anything and missed too many details for more boobs). also helps that every character in that story of any importance has a shonen-worthy backstory that makes them all relatable in different ways
>>
>>139937451
no, mc would still be a disgusting spineless troll, etc. and shipperfags would scream 'copout', tho a monogamist ending with main heroine is the real copout.
>>
>>139950829
>Eventually he gains demonic powers to use for harem hijinks with a side of "punch bad guy"
>Eventually everyone but him dies and then he he fucks most of his harem in heaven but gets bored after a few years and then rewrites the universe for thousands of years.
>>
>>139948135
Essentially
>>
File: 1415571520123[1].jpg (44 KB, 635x600) Image search: [Google]
1415571520123[1].jpg
44 KB, 635x600
>>139948135
Why people watch harem anime can be summed up with this image.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.