[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>long running series/franchise Take the first long running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1357078301023.jpg (124 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1357078301023.jpg
124 KB, 800x600
>long running series/franchise
Take the first long running series that you have been following for at least five years. Let's define a long runner as a series or franchise that continued for 10+ years with no end in sight.

Now tell me why you are still following it. For added fun you don't have to say what it is, but describe the series' merits and let others guess the title.
>>
>>139632127
for closure
>>
D Gray Man.
Still following for the D Gay Man.
>>
>>139632127
DGM
For best girl and suffering
>>
Well I guess it's One Piece now that Naruto's over.
Wanna see the end of the journey.
>>
>>139632127
berserk
>>
>>139632482
Bleach was the only anime I really followed for such a long term, preferring shorter 12/13 series. I wholly use my headcanon to believe Ichigo defeated Aizen, lost his powers, and continued a normal life. That's a satisfying ending for me and that's where it should have ended.

The moment is lost me was when out of nowhere we were introduced to the Fullbringers, Ichigo got his powers back, and suddenly they're thrown out again and now we're fighting Nazi Quincies. It's fan fiction at this point, and I'm wholly convinced Tite Kubo is simply milking it as long as physically possible so he doesn't have to be a hentai artist again.
>>
>>139632127
This >>139633305
>>
>>139632127
I still want to know what happens. And because I respect the mangaka's efforts to continue despite her face literally disintegrating.
>>
>>139632127
>Now tell me why you are still following it.

I'm not. I've learned my lesson. If a manga goes over 200 chapters, I drop it. There's no fucking way it's ever ending in a satisfying manner.
>>
Came out in 2001 when I was still a kid new to manga, so it was a gateway when the only things I heard of before it were Dragonball Z and YuYuHakusho. It was similar to YuYuHakusho so I checked it out. Now I still follow it out of nostalgia after I stopped reading it awhile ago.
>>
>>139633697
What series are you referring to?
>>
>>139632127
Because even knowing it runs continuously it manages to have good art and refreshes the story and the characters every new installment, as well as utilize interesting abilities.
>>
>>139634479
Full Metal Alchemist
>>
>>139635309
Saiyuki
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.