[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two more fucking days guys.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: Kabaneri-of-the-Iron-Fortress-1.jpg (230 KB, 1438x809) Image search: [Google]
Kabaneri-of-the-Iron-Fortress-1.jpg
230 KB, 1438x809
Two more fucking days guys.
>>
File: 798.png (306 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
798.png
306 KB, 593x540
>>139630464
attack on titan remake
>>
Seems pretty cool. /a/ is going to be absolutely insufferable though, no matter how good or bad it turns out to be.
>>
>>139632865
>/a/ is going to be absolutely insufferable though
Only reason I'm watching this honestly.
>>
I don't understand where is "hype" is coming from, it feels pretty manufactured.
>>
>>139630464
*1 more.
Amazon will air first episode 1 day earlier than Japan.
>>
>>139633091
This anime itself is "manufactured". Its pretty much a mix of characters, plot elements and gimmiks of old works in hope something of that would make it poplar.
>>
>>139632801
>Attack on Titan with trains instead of jetpacks, a magical girlfriend instead of a mary sue gorilla and YAMATO DAMASHII instead of the MC hulking out into a gundam
I can dig it
>>
>>139633283
You forgot Zombies
>>
>>139630464
>daily "hype" thread
kek
>>
>>139633091
>manufactured

because it is

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-04-04/kabaneri-of-the-iron-fortress-takes-over-shibuya-in-commercial-wall-ads-masks/.100643
>>
>>139633661
This will be a glorious flop. Though at this point i doubt anything would kill WIT.
>>
>>139632801
I want to do turrible things to that sweater.
>>
>>139633397
Considering most folks perception of SnK doesn't go past the first three episodes or so, differentiating between "giant zombies" and "flaming zombies" isn't really that pertinent
>>
>>139630464

Jesus christ fuck off already, this doesn't need a count down. There's a reason these threads are barely getting any traction. It's like Aniplex propaganda is literally hitting /a/ now too as if it wasn't bad enough it's completely infected pretty much every other corner of the online fanbase.
>>
>>139633091

Aniplex stealth marketing. It happens every single goddamn time they're producing an original and always feels fake as fuck. All their springs shows have had a retarded amount of pushing and publicity compared to everything else so you can easily tell which ones they're involved with and which they aren't.
>>
35 hours left until the first episode appears on Amazon Prime.
>>
>>139633661

Remember when this block was a relatively low key block aimed at giving older viewers something to watch that was a little more mature and focused on delivering reasonably solid drama and story arcs compared to other late night anime instead of a block filled with the worst sort of commercial drivel out there. Feels like it was all pretense nowadays. Last actually good noitaminA show was probably Ping Pong.
>>
>>139634373

Honestly all it does and the people shitposting and pushing the fuck out of it with countdowns is make me tired of their shit before it even airs. It always ends up being disappointing crap anyway that people shitpost the fuck out of for a few months and then occasionally comes up in passing. All the bluster over their original productions and music artists and sales and promotion or whatever always fake as absolute fuck too. Like I just refuse to believe people suddenly like Guilty Crown or Aldnoah Zero or anything to do with it all of a sudden sorry. At least not all the ones that claim too and I don't give a fuck about Aimer or Sawano or some shitty meme theme songs to just obsess over for the hell of it.
>>
>>139634174

Most peoples impression of shit doesn't go past the initial hype phase of things which somehow appears to make up for all the shit that usually comes past the first few episodes of any given massively hyped/marketed anime series like Charlotte, BokuMachi or Aldnoah/Zero. It's pretty pathetic when people have to defend this stuff with "Oh well at least the music was amazing" or "at least the first three episodes were a masterpiece" when usually that isn't even the case or they maybe at best just look good compared to the complete tripe that follows when everything falls apart cause the producers and writers don't actually have anything beyond hype and cliffhangers that never go anywhere to offer in what are really just commercials for music or games or voice actor vehicles. I mean the Japanese viewers at the pre-screening are already saying with this they have no idea where the story is going after watching a quarter of the series already and people have these insanely high expectations still.

I don't know like are anime fans really this stupid/gullible and standards really as rock bottom as they've looked for a while now? Like it has all these people that have been in a bunch of over hyped cluster fucks many times in the past few years but they're telling us to get hyped yet again so obviously we gotta and do countdowns threads and what not because we do what we're told by anime promoters and like and buy it anyway dammit.

Western fans feel like they're becoming like those blind believer type fans that keep stuff like Monogatari trundling along endlessly except probably a lot less genuine about their passion for this stuff.
>>
>>139633239

Yup and it'll probably work reasonably well too because it looks and sounds flashy and has a ton of popular people in it as well as a massive marketing campaign by Aniplex which is all you need to be popular and acclaimed anymore at least for the first month or so. It's basically the Aldnoah.Zero for this year.
>>
Serious question, how are you guys so sure that this won't sell, when AoT BDs sold so much per volume?
>>
Initially I was kind of interested in this, then I found out they were getting literally all the same people that worked on Guilty Crown involved again and now I just find it's overbearing promotion cycle more annoying than a reason to get hyped. It pretty much just screams will look amazing for at least the first couple episodes but be incredibly bad overall in the long run and probably forget where it's going halfway through if it even bothers to have a coherent direction or plot in the 12 episodes it's going to get. I also don't expect the music to be all that good or even tolerable either because unlike most people I think Sawano has been complete ass for a while now. This isn't going to be like his Attack on Titan soundtrack either cause Sony Music is going to force him to push the vocal tracks with cringy Linkin Park Tier lyrics about blood, suffering and how meaningless existence is so unless you enjoy shrieking try hard "cool" vocal music for edgy teenagers played over half your scenes action or not it's going to get really annoying and intrusive really fast. Seriously though have people actually ever read the lyrics to some of his recent vocal shit. If not:

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ald0/aliez.htm
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ald0/keeponkeepingon.htm

If you still think this guy is just the coolest thing to ever happen to anime music you're probably in the 10-15 demographic that makes up sites like MAL user traffic and there's nothing to do to help your taste sorry.

Anyway I'm just not convinced this whole series isn't just one big commercial to give Egoist, Sawano and some other Sony Music Artists another push and exposure after they've cooled off recently and everything else about it including story, character development and even long term budget and animation production support is going to be a secondary or even tertiary concern. That just feels how these sorts of TV Original shows are done now.
>>
Im ready for those Amazon Prime budgets deliciously spread across 11 episodes
>>
>>139634983

I don't know how people can look at this, the kind of buyer base it has in Japan, the fact that Aniplex is publishing which means it's going to have a fuck ton of extras and not figure it has at least a chance to sell in the 10K range. Shows really don't have to be any good or even make any sort of objective sense to sell Blu-Rays in Japan, just contain enough elements and packing to make them marketable to stupid otaku which this show has in spades. If it somehow doesn't do well in Japan which I doubt it'll definitely be marketable enough over here.
>>
>>139634983
>>139635347

Macross Delta already looks like a fucking gong show on the franchise and it's already getting solid preorders of all volumes after one episode aired because it has Macross in the title, idols and fujobait pilots. With this it's marketable elements right off the bat are production values at least initially, the staff involved, old school character designs by a veteran I guess to try to see if it can rope in older fans and the fact that it's aping Attack on Titan. This season is going to see the resurrection of original anime sales if probably for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>139635347
Attack on Titan sold 50k BDs per volume.

Even if this sell around 10k BDs per volume, WIT already won that part. Also this is very marketable in the west. I don't know why people can't see this.

I've already heard from normal people getting hyped over this as well.

I really can't see this failing. Like at all. The only thing I feel from people here who think this will fail is irrational hate maybe? I don't know.

All I know is I wanna watch this. We'll know later on if it will fail anyway.
>>
File: 28139452_0.jpg (42 KB, 490x343) Image search: [Google]
28139452_0.jpg
42 KB, 490x343
>>139630464
>best original shows of the season air in the same day

What a time to be alive.
>>
Unf that Mikimoto.
>>
>>139635480
Yeah all volumes are in the top 100 right now it's crazy.

It's Macross anyway. They'll have concerts and shit and a whole lot of merchandise. Right now it's already obvious it's going to be very profitable.
>>
>>139635541

I don't know if people are just stupid or really like shitposting and saying random shit whenever it's most convenient but if they've seen the sort of shit that can sell in Japan....I mean nothing surprises me anymore considering otaku and fujoshi buying habits. You can make a complete budget dog shit show like UtaPri Season 3, put some fujoshi VA's and an event ticket in it to meet them add a little marketing and have it sell like 50K copies straight up.
>>
>>139634785
is anyone actually going to read this post?
I'm certainly not, but I'll give a (you) out of sympathy for your condition.
>>
I would not be surprised if they end up doing one of those one hour preairs with this. Doesn't noitaminA have two slots open already?
>>
>>139630464
I'm going in with mostly no expectations, but the very least I need to get before it comes out lower than garbage will be stupid action scenes and a laughable story. If it actually ends up decent I might be pleasantly surprised (and simultaneously disappointed) but if it just ends up boring or insultingly stupid then I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm kind of hoping this, Kiznaiver, and Mayoiga are the holy trinity of trainwrecks like /a/ hasn't seen in years.
>>
>>139634438
No, i remember it was block for japanese cake housewives.
>>
>>139634983
Not telling it wont sell (also it might, as no preestablished huge fanbase as with SnK). We are telling it`ll be shit (just as SnK)
>>
>>139635269
I think this will be failure too, but just to be contrarian:
Unlike Guilty Crown, Ookuchi is main writer her and not just participates in name only

And if this has Guilty Crown like OST, it`ll be actually better than fantasy Sawano shit , even with english vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWe9jVCcnp8
>>
>>139635480
No, Macross sells because its proper Macross, good production values and people seeing its not being shit like last Aquarion show

It deserves the sales.
>>
>>139635555
Mayoiga and Kiznaiver both look more interesting. I am cautiously pessimistic about PA Works original mecha, but hope its decent. There is no question however that Kabaneri will be shit.
>>
>>139635941
>I'm kind of hoping this, Kiznaiver, and Mayoiga are the holy trinity of trainwrecks like /a/ hasn't seen in years.
Nah, Big Order airs this season. You cant be more trainwreck than that.
>>
>>139636550
Deluded hipster detected, hopefully your tears wont be too salty when Kabaneri styles all over okada shit.

mayoiga is dreadful and set the bar really low already.
>>
>>139636612
You are on a wrong site. Try MAL.
>>
I don't expect good writing from this at all, but as long as the show delivers on entertaining scenarios and bursts of good action animation then I'll be satisfied.
>>
I feel that this show will be shitpost central this season no matter how good or bad it is
>>
>>139636715
The show that will not have threads past episode 3 cant be shitpost central.
>>
>>139636733
>The show that will not have threads past episode 3
top kek, you actually believe that.
>>
>>139636781
>Deadman Wonderland, Godeater, Gangsta
>>
>>139636805
All those are unrelated to WIT or Kotetsujo, tho. Nor they had similar hype behind them.
>>
>>139636837
>Kabaneri
>hype
Also, being this much of a newfag.
>>
>>139636872
Bawww more, bitch cuck. Its the most hyped original of the season wheter you like it or not.
>>
>>139636940
Thats why every thread of it is dead and only consists of sole retarded "fan" complaining about everyone else telling him it`ll be shit.
>>
>speculating over a show's popularity before it has aired
Can you fags just wait until the show airs? You're as bad as the people who predict sales numbers after a show's first week of airing.
>>
>>139636974
>le everyone agrees wth me
>le dead threads

Nice delusions you have there.
>>
>>139636781
Original guy you replied to here.

Well to eb fari, it's already having these hype threads and the fact that most people are viewing this as Attack on trains. I guess it's safe to say it's going to be shitpost central
>>
>>139637567
Thats how I know it will be AOTS, cant go wrong with anything that triggers contrarian autists hard. Worked with SAO and SnK.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.