[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Erased revival power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: fampai.jpg (2 KB, 125x70) Image search: [Google]
fampai.jpg
2 KB, 125x70
Why do people care that it is never explained how satoru obtained the rival power? I feel as if it was something that randomly started occurring and even he didn't know why. Would you rather have a shitty explanation like he was bit by a spider?
>>
>>139629797
I'd rather not think about this NTR cuckshit anime at all.
>>
>>139629797
Why do people think that absolutely everything in stories with magic needs to be explained? Are you a fan of midichlorians too?
>>
Why do mushishi exist?
If Gundams have nuclear reactors inside them, why don't they cause more lasting damage when they're blown up.
Why can't tanukis get outside of cages if they can turn into a mountain.
Why is lina inverse's chest so small?
Why does bear still post on /a/?
If you're asking questions you can go on forever, who fucking cares.
>>
It must be like when someone is psychic, reality bemder or clairvoyant.

You just don't ask why, they just are

Why are you conscious?
>>
>Important power mc possesses that drives the entire plot
>Meh not important to dive into how it works

You idiots shitty writing never cease to amaze me.
>>
File: Don't fucking report.png (774 KB, 942x828) Image search: [Google]
Don't fucking report.png
774 KB, 942x828
More importantly, how did Satoru survive the car thing?

>>139630198
>Why does bear still post on /a/?
>>
>>139630708
Explaining powers is only necessary when the plot hinges on understanding how the power works. Which it didn't. It's fucking time travel, too, what do you even want him to explain? Do you think S;G would have been worse if they didn't include the silly shit about compressed black hole microwaves?
>>
>>139630951
....you are even dumber than I thought. You don't want an explanation at all on something that completely drives the plot but rather take it as a given.

Shitty writing and white knighting the author for 100 Alex.
>>
>>139630951
>>139630708
>>139631056

Whether or not they explain the time travel it will function anyway to get MC from place A to B or else he will just be doing nothing for the entire runtime.

I have to say that the explanation for a fucking blackhole microwave is the single most cringy and unbelievably bad explanation I have ever had the misfortune of seeing in science fiction.
>>
>>139631056
......you type like you're straight out of fucking reddit.

/b/ memes for 9001, Alex!
>>
>>139631056
How would you explain satoru's revival power? Seems to me the only way to explain it is that a divine power bestowed it upon him.
>>
File: For fuck's sake.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
For fuck's sake.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>139630708
Revival was integral to the plot, but why explain it? They didn't break down and analyze the time manipulation in the Butterfly Effect, which is the same exact thing. Going into the Revival thing would've only dragged the story down. If you wanted there to be an explanation, then the story would've have to show some kind of flashback to when the power first appeared or something.

The only truly glaring mistake for me is the direction in which the author took the final Revival. Cucking the main character under the pretense of "Oh it's not about his happiness, but the happiness of those around him!" was absolute bullshit. You don't just lead up to two characters building a true relationship only to separate them out of nowhere.

Before it is said, I am not against Pizza Girl. She was an okay fit for Satoru. I am angry about the dynamic that was fleshed out between Satoru and Scarf Waifu being thrown out the door and wasting the potential of that love interest. It is, like everyone says, a terrible mistake in storytelling and the author should kill himself.
>>
>>139630896

why do you? tripfag?
>>
>>139630896
I don't understand the logic behind using a trip other than being a hateful masochist whose mistakes are recognized and remembered by everyone.
>>
File: hiromi mr. steal yo girl.jpg (133 KB, 900x725) Image search: [Google]
hiromi mr. steal yo girl.jpg
133 KB, 900x725
>>139632020
Yeah, I agree that kayo x satoru should have happened.
I bet most of the people criticizing this show would be singing it nothing but praises if the author went with the obvious ship.
>>
When he was in the fifth grade he played the Persona game.
>>
>>139632340
If it had happened, all of the cuck complaining wouldn't exist. Threads might be less lively, but that's for the best.

I'm a writer. I'm not stroking my dick here, but it triggered me harder than most when the author went down this road. He never should have included two romantic interests in the way that he did, but he most assuredly should not have rolled with the one who experienced almost zero character development.

It is what it is. The show was fucking amazing and I'm glad I saw it.
>>
>>139632816
Yeah agreed. I'll always remember the show for the suspense each week and the roller coaster of emotions that came with it. It sucks that the obvious ship didn't win but who knows, maybe we'll get an alternate ending one day.
>>
>>139631056
>wanting infodumps and needless exposition
Congratulations, you have autism
>>
>>139632952
Probably not, but a second season retcon might be neat. >>139632715

>>139632999
>wanting infodumps
This is okay.
>needless exposition
This is the part that faggots complaining about the power don't seem to understand. Revival was obviously important to the plot, but it wasn't nearly as important as the actual fucking story.
>>
It's fucking magic I don't have to explain shit

Generally people like OP are as dumb as fucking logs.
>>
>>139633247
I'm not the one who wants an explanation to the revival. I'm more or less complaining about people who let the lack of explanation ruin the show for them (digibro).
>>
>>139629797
We don't need to know why or how it happens in detail, but it needs some consistent internal logic. It's bad writing to have it just arbitrarily occuring for plot convenience.
>>
>>139633464
There is no room in this adaptation for an explanation to be shoehorned in especially when it has no influence on the outome of the plot and the scifi is so soft it might as well be nonexistent.

Go read a book.
>>
>>139633554
Did you even read my fucking comment? I said it doesn't need an explanation, it needs LOGICAL CONSISTENCY. Not happening randomly whenever it suits the plot.
>>
Explaining magic is stupid when the story isn't about the existence of said magic. Geass was at its worse when they entered the "Geass" plotlines. VVV was at its worse when it went into the Vampire plotline. Spending time asking for science on vampirism or getting a history of how Dracula came to be is pointless and takes away from the story. Sadly, it's become a facet of modern society, everyone wants everything explained because they're autistic as fuck.
>>
>>139633630
>everyone wants everything explained because they're autistic as fuck.
Broad statement here, tripfaggot.
>>
>>139633650
Yea, you're right about that. Let me rephrase it, recently, society has seen a significant amount of people who get too hung up over how things work and what everything explained. Those people are autistic and fuck and tend to be very vocal.
>>
Magic isn't meant to be explained. If you explain it, it loses all mysterious aspect and the impact it has. You guys are just idiots who need spoonfeeding for every little thing because if you do not act autistic about your suspension of disbelief for every sligthly questionable aspect, you are afraid you will be like the pleb you so abhorre.
>>
>>139633612
Even if it has 'logical consistency' author is going to use it whenever they fucking well feel like it because the show is a character drama, not a time travel story.

Say they did have an autistic, for example shamelessly stolen off Doctor Who: Satoru is a Time Lord child who was mindwiped into oblivion because a gigantic Time War known as the Last Great Time War. He can time travel because he possesses a Symbiotic Nuclei allowing him to map himself onto the time vortex in mathematics and the blue butterfly is a visual quantisation of other timelines. And then they explained about 50 laws of time including the first (that you should not meet yourself) and the Blinovitch Limitation Effect whereupon physical contact between two versions of yourself releases a massive discharge of energy and the only reason why he can time travel in the first place is the high percentage of artron energy within his body and then included other details such as the fact that his blood is slightly more orange than a normal humans and the fact that he owns a time machine which is grown from a special type of living coral with the ability to form empathic connections with a person possessed of the symbiotic nuclei and is dimensionally transcendental and posses exterior dimensions disconnected from the interior and is normally stored in a place called a berthing bay and has a mind of its own → is this really going to have any impact on the plot at all?

They don't explicitly state this word vomit (and it's only about 1% of word vomit to be precise) because it's not relevant. In fact they leave it out because it scares off viewers unless it's hard scifi which is a seperate genre. All you would need to understand the show like Doctor Who is that there is an alien and he travels in a blue box which lets him time travel. Similarly, Erased, but here we aren't even discussing complex outcomes like paradoxes and the mechanics are irrelevant (soft scifi.)
>>
>>139634275
In books, especially hard scifi, authors enjoy splurging on details. But in almost all of these cases they will never explain the mechanisms anyway, for example Hyperion will just keep banging on and on about various vague terms like 'Shrike', 'Hyperion' and 'Hegemony' and you get the feeling that there is an inuniverse explanation but they never go into detail, because what the author is trying to get you to do when they introduce those terms is to use your imagination and fill in the gaps → showing, not telling → because it's not supposed to be mental mathematics. Other times they'll leave it as an endnote, like Peter Watts did with why vampires existed, because it was completely unrelated to the main plotline, but they likely won't bother with this show because of money.

The other reason they'll actually splurge on detail is to keep you guessing. One good example is in a, for example, 'season arc' where writers try and get people to discuss various plot points which almost inevitably ends in fans piling in with random details picked up from god knows where (for example in the Doctor Who fandom it's a long running meme that characters from decades ago are going to reappear in th current season). The mechanics explained to you are pretty much an illusion that you can predict the outcome because inevitably 99% of fans are still going to guess wrong.

There are also subsets of fans that become pissed because x explanation in a show about time travel contradicts y explanation given earlier. In a twelve episode anime, ideally you want to keep it stupid simple because the more you introduce, the more plotholes you have and it gets in the way of the plot if you have a length exposition of how something worked stuck at the end, in the middle or at the start of the episode. Also, if you've got a short season you aren't going to be using those details anyway unlike longer shows where they'll refer back to those details.
>>
>>139630198
Nuclear reactors don't really explode, and nuclear reactors on Gundams are only a thing in SEED anyways. In UC Gundams make a really big boom if you hit their Minovsky reactors with a beam weapon because of Minovsky bullshit
>>
File: Mb_table_v13-1-.jpg (1 MB, 1728x1296) Image search: [Google]
Mb_table_v13-1-.jpg
1 MB, 1728x1296
>>139634665
And then there will be the inevitable moaning about plot convenience. As the characters need to get from point A to B they're going to get there regardless of whether Satoru uses his butterfly magic or a cupboard on top of Everest that's filled with fairy powders, it's just that one explanation takes considerably longer to explain than the other.

Unlike in a book where an author can include almost whatever the fuck they want with hard limit of something like 1000 pages, anime needs to all be drawn by hand which means making hard decisions about what is and what isn't important. So if you really, really, really, really care about worldbuilding, stick to books is what I'm saying.

And even then you've got authors like Sanderson that prefer to stick to the bare minimum in terms of prose and focus instead on character interactions or like to turn a book series into one consisting of 50 books after which things will eventually be explained properly.

Books also allow authors to include additional information in places like appendices which animes just don't get the opportunity to.
>>
>>139629913
Who the fuck cares, Satoru porked the pizza girl, and getting together with a girl that he ONLY KNEW when he was little while actually in his 20s would have been fucking off-putting.

Satoru seemed happy in the end, so who the fuck cares about this NTR shit, why does it even matter? Fucking faggots.
>>
>>139630053

The magic in this series contradicts itself. So it's even worse than 'magic is real, deal with it'.
>>
>>139636601
Can you list where it contradicts itself?
>>
>>139629797
When you introduce obvious bullshittery that isn't possible in the real world, while writing a story happening in everyday Earth, people want some explanation of said bullshittery and why it's possible.

If you don't provide it, they get pissed and left in the dark.
Everyone knows it was just so the author could put an adult in a childs body.
Simple as that.
>>
File: NGdNAtt.png (85 KB, 1219x632) Image search: [Google]
NGdNAtt.png
85 KB, 1219x632
>>139636802
>When you introduce obvious bullshittery that isn't possible in the real world, while writing a story happening in everyday Earth, people want some explanation of said bullshittery and why it's possible.
Read/watch more scifi. Even Evangelion doesn't spoonfeed everything.
>>
>>139636866
>Evangelion
>Everyday Earth
You can suspend your disbelief when the world has been fucked multiple times over, there are weird aliens appearing at set times to wreck havoc and the technology is advanced enough to make homunculi and utilise said aliens to make mechs.
>>
File: Mmdkxfu.png (543 KB, 620x1948) Image search: [Google]
Mmdkxfu.png
543 KB, 620x1948
>>139636964
Evangelion's similar enough. They live in apartments, he rides on trains, he passes in and out of a station.

Erased I feel already offers a good enough explanation. He's had it since he was a child which means it was phenotypic or genotypic in nature and it's activated by proximity. It's very much dumbed down and doesn't need a detailed explanation when it already has a good explanation that doesn't take up an entire episode in itself.
>>
>>139634183
This
>>
>>139629797
>Would you rather have a shitty explanation like he was bit by a spider?
No, why does it need to be explained, any explanation you could offer is just retarded handwaving and everyone who isn't completely braindead will see it as such.
>>
>>139633413
>Digibro
Fuck off and go whinge on reddit.
>>
>>139636802
>people want some explanation of said bullshittery and why it's possible
Yeah and that usually goes badly.
Like in Faust, where the explanation for Dr. Faust going to all those amazing places is "lol satan".

It's not about the how, it's about what you do with it.
>>
>>139637119
>phenotypic or genotypic in nature and it's activated by proximity
ITS FUCKING MAGIC WHO CARES

It's a tool to make the story work, not something for you to sperg out over.
>>
>>139638964
It's fun to speculate using autism powers though.
>>
The problem I have with Revival is not the fact that it's not explained, but that only Satoru has it. In his world he's the only exception, the only one to have a certain power.
If someone else could use revival or had another power, than it could do without explanation, but the fact that only he, the MC, can use it (for unexplained reasons) doesn't sound as good writing.
>>
>>139639514
They should have just had it with everyone having rule based revival except him. That would be crazy chaotic and hard to write with him checkmating Yashiro.
>>
>>139639605
That could have been quite interesting but, as you said, it would be too hard to write, so Kei would have probably messed it up even more.
>>
>>139638859
But Faust is all about self discovery and Faust's relationship with Mephistopheles. A lot of focus is given to that.
In Boku Dake the time travelling is handwaved with 'it just happens'.
It'd make more sense if someone else could also do that, but that isn't the case, Satoru is a special snowflake, and Sensei is another snowflake with his magic string seeing eyes.
>>
File: 56125699_p0_master1200.jpg (213 KB, 650x900) Image search: [Google]
56125699_p0_master1200.jpg
213 KB, 650x900
>>139639863
>magic string seeing eyes
There is no magic involved in this, Yashiro is only seeing through his delusional world views about redemption/going to heaven.
>>
File: satoru x sensei.png (567 KB, 659x721) Image search: [Google]
satoru x sensei.png
567 KB, 659x721
>>139639998
yashiro x satoru
>>
File: 56008452_p0_master1200.jpg (405 KB, 839x1102) Image search: [Google]
56008452_p0_master1200.jpg
405 KB, 839x1102
>>139640040
>tfw they'll never timetravel together
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.