[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Not-a-ghibli-movie any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Children_Who_Chase_Lost_Voices.jpg (919 KB, 1400x2100) Image search: [Google]
Children_Who_Chase_Lost_Voices.jpg
919 KB, 1400x2100
Is Not-a-ghibli-movie any good?
>>
>>139600166
Watch it for yourself.
It's not bad, but it's not good either.
>>
>>139600166
Saw it a couple of weeks ago. It was relaxing but it wasn't ghibli-tier. The key is to go in with expectation that it'll be mediocre.
>>
>>139600166
It's not bad but it is Shinkai's worst work.
>>
>>139600166
I actually fell asleep while watching. I dunno, I didn't like it at all.
>>
>>139604250
I agree with that. At least it's pretty, but I still think he should stick to the modern times and trains.
>>
>>139604250
His first 2 movies are way worse honestly, the plot for those were so stupid and they didn't even look that great.
>>
>>139600166
I enjoyed it. But it's not his best work.
>>
>>139600166
It's pretty bad, easily Shinkai's worst.
Almost nothing interesting besides visuals/animation.
>>
HELLO, GOODBYE AND HELLO

I started laughing

>>139600221
This
>>
i don't know why everyone says this is shinkai's worst work. The Place Promised in Our Early Days was a lot more boring.

I rather enjoyed this one
>>
>>139610613
I quite liked The Place Promised in Our Early Days. It had a sort of peaceful mystery to it, a sense of quiet confidence in not needing to explain itself. Granted, it can't compete with Garden of Words or Voices of a Distant Star for emotional depth, but it gains a lot by being the least tragic Shinkai work and having a interesting setting without going for the boring "oh it's a magical underground plot containment zone. I mean world."
>>
>>139611238

maybe i was just bored because i marathoned 3 shinkai movies that day and i saw it last
>>
File: shoes.jpg (895 KB, 2500x1447) Image search: [Google]
shoes.jpg
895 KB, 2500x1447
>>139611399
That's possible. Equally, I might have liked it more for watching it before any of the others. Or a bit of both, maybe.
>>
>>139611399
that was a mistake imo
>>
>>139611991
Garden of Words is shit.
Sidonia > Eureka 7 > Cat lady > Wallpapers > Garden of Feet > Jouney to the centre of the earth
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.