[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I too old already for anime, or is this hyped title plain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: jojo.png (346 KB, 3144x1981) Image search: [Google]
jojo.png
346 KB, 3144x1981
Am I too old already for anime, or is this hyped title plain retarded? I'm just few episodes in and it looks more like anime caricature than actual anime. Characters motivated by fuck knows what, that have one or two personality features. Writing is a typical, old anime "whatever, just make that excuse of a story going", dialogues are cringy as fuck. Will it ever get better, or is it only a cringefest ahead of me?
>>
File: Image_247.png (224 KB, 496x369) Image search: [Google]
Image_247.png
224 KB, 496x369
It has fans for a reason
If it doesnt appeal to you dont fucking watch it.

By how much youre going off of "outside hype" I doubt anythin we say will convince you so just get lost.
>>
Alright, how about a reply from someone who's not butthurt
>>
File: sandman.jpg (120 KB, 644x669) Image search: [Google]
sandman.jpg
120 KB, 644x669
You're complaining that an anime adapted from a manga written in the 80s feels like "old anime"?

Here's something crazy, you don't always need to like what other people do. You could perhaps try reading the manga and see if you find that it flows any better.
>>
>implying people don't watch it for dem homoerotic aztec aesthetics and mad poses
>>
File: MEZAMETAMAE WAGA ARUJITACHI YO.png (419 KB, 1404x1099) Image search: [Google]
MEZAMETAMAE WAGA ARUJITACHI YO.png
419 KB, 1404x1099
>>139596596
I know I do
>>
File: (You).png (44 KB, 1333x639) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
44 KB, 1333x639
>>
>>139596653
B-But is manly
>>
The first two seasons are pretty good.
Then it goes to shit. The amount of exposition involved is god damn insulting and the flow of every single action slows to a crawl by a man whose only functioning muscles are his jaw. This is how a scene of Stardus Crusaders go
>Good guy: This enemy is very agile, look out, he might try lunging at us
>Bad guy: I can use my superior speed to lunge at them and get a hit in before they can even react
>Bad guy lunges
>Bad guy: Haha! Try and stop this lunge!
>Round table of reactions at his lunge from at least 2 characters
>Good guy: I have to do something to stop his lunge before its to late

And it goes like that for every single movement in every single fight. It's frustrating, and I understand that it's probably because they're being fateful to the manga and that kind of movement exposition is needed there. But in animation it's downright patronising.
>>
>>139595220
Some fags will disagree with me but that's actually the charm OP, Jojo is campy, doesn't take itself to seriously and isn't pretending to be something it's not.

If you watch/read JoJo expecting some masterpiece in anime writing, character development and all that shit you are missing the point. JoJo is just a really entertaining anime/manga with cool aesthetics, that's with it does best.
>>
>>139596834
That's not even true you fucking retard
>>
Fucking moron, people enjoy different things. Do you even have a functioning brain? Get the fuck off /a/, we have a 18+ age restriction.

Or better yet, fuck off back to /v/. Your kind is welcomed there.
>>
>>139595220
>cringy

Yeah, you might be "too mature" for anime in general, or at least you'd like to think so.
>>
>>139597242
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjqLxZyuJ1g
Three minutes for quite literally 2 actions. That's every single fight scene in this bloody show.
>>
>>139597411
The fights, including that one, are entertaining.
They're not too slow paced, if they were too fast they would be shit and they would be over too fast
>>
>>139595220
>too old
Jojo is older than you
>>
>>139595220
Season 1 is really bad. Try to get to the second part (episode 10) and see if you like it more.
>>
4>2=7>5>6=1>3
>>
>>139597702
>season 1
you mean part 1, you inbred
>>
>>139597750
Yes, thank you for correcting me kind anon.
>>
>>139597118
This. Even Jonathan, by far the most "normal" of the Joestars, is so over the top that there's no reason you shouldn't catch that the series is intentionally campy.
>>
>>139596653
Dat Wamuu ass
>>
>>139595662
you sound the most butthurt OP, did your bull get too rough with your boipussy?
>>
>>139599871
as expected jojo fags are fucking butt hurt ass shonenshit kid niggers with no mental connection with entretainment but instead enjoy retarded action BOO THINGS THERE BOO THINGS THERE, FLASHING LIGHT, LOOK HE GETS PUNCHED LOL FABULOUS retarded ass bulsshit get fucking raped
>>
>>139600355
you are acting exceptionally gay, even by jojo thread standards
>>
Just finished watching parts 1 and 2 few days ago. I came in expecting poses and campiness and the show sure delivered.

Part 1 felt a bit too shallow but part 2 had some cool characters and pretty hype moments.
>>
>>139601133
You're in for a treat with part 4
>>
File: 1458601401764.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458601401764.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1080
>>139595220
>>
>>139595220
Part one is the worst part. Come back when youre halfway through S1
>>
When Jojos first released it was very original for it's time and influenced a lot of manga and anime. Because of that the beginning parts haven't aged the best.
>>
>>139596653
AYYYYAAAAYYYAAAYIIIEEEEEEE
>>
I fucking love phantom blood, i have read the manga all the way up to jojolion but i still consider it my favourite part.
Bait thread
>>
>>139595220
Keep in mind you are watching a 1:1 adaptation of something from the late 80s, nothing from that era has aged particularly well and feels outdated because they were the things which contributed to popular cliches in anime.

The earlier parts have their own charm but they aren't incredible by any means. Part 3 is where the powers become truly unique but it takes right until the end of the part for the fights to become excellent. Part 4 is when everything starts to improve, writing, art, characters and stand fights.

After that there's a group of people who think Part 5 or Part 6 is the best or they think one of those parts is the worst. Once SBR starts it becomes close to perfect and carries on that way into JJL.
>>
>>139596653
AWAKEN MY MASTERS
>>
>>139596653
AWAKEN MY MASTERS
>>
>>139595220
This is a manga written for children. It's meant to be simplistic. What did you expect? Dostoevsky?
>>
>>139595220
>Am I too old already for anime, or is this hyped title plain retarded?
The series doesn't really get legs until Part 2, and hit it's stride in Part 3/4
>>
Honestly, none of Jojo is written that well, mainly because the characters develop poorly, the fights have no emotional investment to them or progressive development, etc.

You watch it for the wacky powers. I'd suggest reading it, actually, because the art is so much better in the manga.

7 and 8 are also where Araki learns to write and create characters that are actually interesting, instead of just throwing a bunch of quirky idiots into a box and giving them weird powers before running them through the gauntlet to the boss.

Really, the only memorable characters from the first 6 parts are Dio, Joseph and maybe Kira.
>>
>>139604376
I agree. Reading Jojo was entertaining and Araki can come up with creative powers and interesting combat situations, but plot and characterization are far from his strong points.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.