[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ergo Proxy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 1024x768
thoughts on the anime? i'm halfway through (please no spoils). some people say its pretentious, but i'm loving it so far. vincent is real fuckin hot too
>>
theres an episode thts just a fucking game show. skip that when uou come to it. no seriously just outta fucking nowhere theres a godamn fucking game show episode for no reason i dont know what these cunts where thinking. any way its good just skip that epiode. the emo chick is hot too its a shame they didnt bang
>>
>>139584376
The game show episode has a lot of vital exposition of details not mentioned anywhere else in the show.

Yes, Vincent is a hottie and I'm glad you think so.
>>
File: 1458618251602.jpg (248 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
1458618251602.jpg
248 KB, 500x566
Great setting and concept, after episode 10 or so when they leave the city is becomes painfully mediocre if not bad, villains that are the embodiment of anime antagonists with 3deep4me reasons, etc.

Over all not bad, but could have been better.
>>
>>139584376
>collect a metric ton of Re-l pics and gifs
>waifupost EVERYTHING
>????
>profit!
>>
>>139584454
AGREED im kinda sad theres not more smut fanart.
>>
>>139584454
What? No.

>>139584376
Don't listen to that faggot, the game show fills in all the back story to the setting.
>>
>>139584454
why do vincent's eyes change so fuckin often? sometimes they're slits and other times they get 2x larger. seems like the artists get a litle lazy at certain parts with the characters or??
>>
>>139584879
I'd like to say it's symbolic. When he is expelled from the domed city, he becomes aware of how it is not actually a utopia, hence this is the moment where he first opens his eyes, both literally and figuratively.
>>
File: pino.jpg (27 KB, 1024x569) Image search: [Google]
pino.jpg
27 KB, 1024x569
>>139584376
At my first impression of Ergo Proxy it is a critic of advanced technology. Humans are driven by desire to become better as society, however, even human ingenuity has limits.

There are many themes in Ergo Proxy woven together like existentialism. It often asks the question: 'does this thing have a soul?' 'what happens after death?'

It's a great anime overall but I would not recommend it to a depressed audience.
>>
>>139584376
Inconsistent. It's got some high highs and some low lows.

The good episodes really were great though. Yandere robot, the stranded on the boat episode, and pino's wonderland were amazing.
>>
>>139584376
Best MotW eps of all time.

Also, I'd recommend rewatching first or first two episodes of the show when you'll be nearing the end cause there's some, never again till the end game, touched upon stuff that becomes pretty important for a certain subplot and it is very easy to miss it on your first runthrough when you still don't remember all the names.
>>
It's not pretentious. Lain with half of the series in just silence and still imagery is pretentious. People calling this pretentious is the reason why shallow sci-fi like Psycho Pass exists
>>
>>139584376
>its a shame they didnt bang
I'm sure they banged like crazy after Vincent dropped the loser persona for good and defeated all the original humans.
>>
>>139584454
Are you retarded? The game show episode explains a lot about what happened to the planet and to the humans. If you skip it, I doubt you'd understand.
>>
>>139584610
But anon, there are no villains.
>>
I really liked it, but I have to admit it was inconsistent and the ending was kind of sucky.
>>
>>139587404
but psycho pass is cool
>>
intruiging premise that they basically threw away in order to change the setting and have the characters wander around the desert.

several of the most intriguing characters like daudalus and that 'bad guy' in the city were under-utilised and killing off iggy was a bad idea because his death didn't have much dramatic success and it meant the anime was deprived of him.

bad anime
>>
>>139584454
>its a shame they didn't bang
I guess the director thought we the viewers got cucked enough already.
>>
>>139588523
it's a terrible episode. It's literally just info dump - the episode because they couldn't tell the viewer in a better / more interesting way.

Went from a 8/10 to a 6/10 for me because of how jarring and annoying that shit was.
>>
>>139584454
Are you fucking baiting or just stupid? Don't listen to that retard OP, watch the episode it's pretty important (a scene, particularly, will come back later).
>>
>>139588631
While the quality of roadstory part was shitty, this title is about it's start and ending. Start in the nightmare, run from it and return to it to get the answers. I don't understand people like you, who are focusing so much on stuff like Iggy that's there to fill time holes the writer left, when the strongest part of the title is out there. If EP is bad, the whole industry should be garbage by your standards.
>>139588610
I could have been better if it wasn't forced by "rrrreeee pretentious" fags to be dumbed down and moed. EP first couple of episodes are perfect example of pacing and scene composition, that feels right and not drawn for 6-year olds. I wish there would be more stuff like this.
>>
My favourite episode was Anamnesis.
It was the absolute perfect realization/acceptance episode from an anime I've seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgRXIjHwxD4
>>
>>139584610
The best episode is the one where they're stuck in the doldrums
>>
It's not pretentious when they explain all the references at the end of an episode.
>>
>>139587404
Except Lain actually had something worth saying, and was actually very predictive of future culture. Most of Ergo Proxy is empty postulating and calling itself clever; complete misinterpretation of the Cartesian "I think therefore I am" as well, as opposed to Lain, which tackles the question metaphysically, and without jerking itself off for doing so
>>
File: 12690952358.jpg (49 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
12690952358.jpg
49 KB, 1280x800
>>139592650
Of course Lain doesn't "jerk itself off", Anons like you are doing it on the shows behalf all the time
>>
>>139588688
You may not like it, fair enough, but that's definitely not an episode you can skip.
>>
>>139584376
It all gets explained in last two/three episodes,it isn't really deep or hard to understand at all. Whoever says that it os 2deep4u is retarded or didn't pay any attention.
>>
Oh fuck I skipped the game showing thinking it was just some 12.5 episode bullshit when I was watching it, I may need to go watch it now.
>>
>>139592958
Ok so explain it then
>>
>muh raison d'etre
>>
>>139584376
I think the first two episodes were really good. I stopped after the rebel arc with the black dude and the clock tower because it was so boring. I guess I have to finish it eventually.
>>
>>139585366
Yeah it's like when he opens his eyes he can really see you know?
>>
>>139593321
What is the things you didn't understand?
I want to explain it for you:)
>>
I loved it, it's my favourite anime.
>>
For a moment there, I thought the thumbnail read as "boy pussy". Must be my eyesight
>>
>>139586462
>pino's wonderland

I hated that episode
>>
I dropped it on the first viewing, somewhere around halfway, because the incredibly awkward and uneventful romance between beta MC and feMC put me off.

I just didn't get it because I had bad taste
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.